Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages

I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks.
It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first
hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working
somewhere in the last third of the message.

I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on
another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned
messages to someone willing to suggest a solution)
I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the
number of hyperlinks within.  But if I break one of these messages in half
and send them to myself in two separate mails, both arrive with all their
hyperlinks working.

Any suggestin deeply appreciated. Many thanks !!
0
Marzagao (1)

Which version of Outlook are you using?
Which type of mail account are you using?
In which message format is this message received?

If you copy and paste the entire message in a new email, fix the hyperlinks
and then send it to yourself, do they still appear broken?

A common reason for messages to become corrupted is by having a virus
scanner installed that integrates itself with Outlook. Disable/uninstall
this integration and try again.
See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Mario Marzagao" <Mario Marzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks.
> It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first
> hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working
> somewhere in the last third of the message.
>
> I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on
> another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the
> mentioned
> messages to someone willing to suggest a solution)
> I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the
> number of hyperlinks within.  But if I break one of these messages in half
> and send them to myself in two separate mails, both arrive with all their
> hyperlinks working.
>
> Any suggestin deeply appreciated. Many thanks !!

0
Roady
8/29/2009 8:15:20 PM
Robert, many thanks for caring.

> Which version of Outlook are you using?
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)

> Which type of mail account are you using?
POP3 (gmail)

> In which message format is this message received?
plain text, I guess.

> If you copy and paste the entire message in a new email, fix the hyperlinks
> and then send it to yourself, do they still appear broken?
Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "fix the hyperlinks" because all the
hyperlinks seem ok to me. But doing copy/paste/send as you say, the problem
persists.
Looking closer, I see that if I take one of those non-working hyperlinks and
do a line feed at the end, the hyperlink activates.
For example, this link is inactive in my message:
Your pages: http://www.watchthatpage.com/watchPages.jsp
please note that, after jsp there's an invisible character. However, if I
insert a line feed either before or after that invisible character, the
hyperlink activates.
The same happens with this new example:
<http://www.blogger.com/openid-server.g>
If I insert a line feed after ".g>", the hyperlink activates.

Also, if I send a very long mail to myself, with lots of long hyperlinks
(actually the url of this post), I receive all ok.

> A common reason for messages to become corrupted is by having a virus
> scanner installed that integrates itself with Outlook. Disable/uninstall
> this integration and try again.
> See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20

I have now deactivated email scanning in my AV (Symantec) but the problem
persists

Many thanks again.

Mario
It’s the number of hyperlinks. Switching the message format might work, but
reducing the number of hyperlinks will fix it too.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Mario Marzagao" <Mario Marzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks.
> It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first
> hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working
> somewhere in the last third of the message.
>
> I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on
> another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the
> mentioned
> messages to someone willing to suggest a solution)
> I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the
> number of hyperlinks within.  But if I break one of these messages in half
> and send them to myself in two separate mails, both arrive with all their
> hyperlinks working.
>
> Any suggestin deeply appreciated. Many thanks !!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/29/2009 10:33:05 PM
Diane, this is some email that I am receiving, I can't determine how many
hyperlinks it will contain.
Also, as stated in my previous posting, I made a message with many more
hyperlinks and there wasn't any problem.

I also resent one of the messages to myself, changing the format to html and
also ro rich text, but the problem persists.

Thanks for your comments.
Mario

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> It’s the number of hyperlinks. Switching the message format might work, but
> reducing the number of hyperlinks will fix it too.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Mario Marzagao" <Mario Marzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks.
> > It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first
> > hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working
> > somewhere in the last third of the message.
> >
> > I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on
> > another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the
> > mentioned
> > messages to someone willing to suggest a solution)
> > I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the
> > number of hyperlinks within.  But if I break one of these messages in half
> > and send them to myself in two separate mails, both arrive with all their
> > hyperlinks working.
> >
> > Any suggestin deeply appreciated. Many thanks !!

Text links pasted into HTML aren't 'live' until the sender enters either
space or Enter at the end of the url.  For example, a list of links copied
from notepad or a link copied from the address bar are just text until you
put a space or line feed at the end of each line.

If they paste a link that is rendered in HTML (ie, copied from a web page)
it should be clickable.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Robert, many thanks for caring.
>
>> Which version of Outlook are you using?
> Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)
>
>> Which type of mail account are you using?
> POP3 (gmail)
>
>> In which message format is this message received?
> plain text, I guess.
>
>> If you copy and paste the entire message in a new email, fix the
>> hyperlinks
>> and then send it to yourself, do they still appear broken?
> Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "fix the hyperlinks" because all the
> hyperlinks seem ok to me. But doing copy/paste/send as you say, the
> problem
> persists.
> Looking closer, I see that if I take one of those non-working hyperlinks
> and
> do a line feed at the end, the hyperlink activates.
> For example, this link is inactive in my message:
> Your pages: http://www.watchthatpage.com/watchPages.jsp
> please note that, after jsp there's an invisible character. However, if I
> insert a line feed either before or after that invisible character, the
> hyperlink activates.
> The same happens with this new example:
> <http://www.blogger.com/openid-server.g>
> If I insert a line feed after ".g>", the hyperlink activates.
>
> Also, if I send a very long mail to myself, with lots of long hyperlinks
> (actually the url of this post), I receive all ok.
>
>> A common reason for messages to become corrupted is by having a virus
>> scanner installed that integrates itself with Outlook. Disable/uninstall
>> this integration and try again.
>> See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20
>
> I have now deactivated email scanning in my AV (Symantec) but the problem
> persists
>
> Many thanks again.
>
> Mario

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/30/2009 1:50:08 AM
Mario

The best way to disable the email scanning is to uninstall your AV and then
re-install it without the email integration(scanning) option
With Norton just trying to disable with the disable switch will not always (most of
the time )work. Use the Symantec tool below to uninstall Norton
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/tsgeninfo.nsf/docid/2005033108162039

Also read the following

Peter

"Mario Marzagao" <MarioMarzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Robert, many thanks for caring.
>
>> Which version of Outlook are you using?
> Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)
>
>> Which type of mail account are you using?
> POP3 (gmail)
>
>> In which message format is this message received?
> plain text, I guess.
>
>> If you copy and paste the entire message in a new email, fix the hyperlinks
>> and then send it to yourself, do they still appear broken?
> Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "fix the hyperlinks" because all the
> hyperlinks seem ok to me. But doing copy/paste/send as you say, the problem
> persists.
> Looking closer, I see that if I take one of those non-working hyperlinks and
> do a line feed at the end, the hyperlink activates.
> For example, this link is inactive in my message:
> Your pages: http://www.watchthatpage.com/watchPages.jsp
> please note that, after jsp there's an invisible character. However, if I
> insert a line feed either before or after that invisible character, the
> hyperlink activates.
> The same happens with this new example:
> <http://www.blogger.com/openid-server.g>
> If I insert a line feed after ".g>", the hyperlink activates.
>
> Also, if I send a very long mail to myself, with lots of long hyperlinks
> (actually the url of this post), I receive all ok.
>
>> A common reason for messages to become corrupted is by having a virus
>> scanner installed that integrates itself with Outlook. Disable/uninstall
>> this integration and try again.
>> See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20
>
> I have now deactivated email scanning in my AV (Symantec) but the problem
> persists
>
> Many thanks again.
>
> Mario

0
okf221 (388)
8/30/2009 4:57:48 AM
Thanks, Diane. It sheds some light.

However, please kindly try to intepret: I receive a long message with lots
of hyperlinks. The last third of the message has lots of hyperlinks not
hyperlinked.
Then, I copy all that "innactive" part of the message, paste it into a new
message and send it to myselt. This new message arrives with all the
hyperlinks working (those that previously did not work). And I just did a
copy/paste, I did not add any space or Enter at the end of any url.
Why ??

Many thanks for your support

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Text links pasted into HTML aren't 'live' until the sender enters either
> space or Enter at the end of the url.  For example, a list of links copied
> from notepad or a link copied from the address bar are just text until you
> put a space or line feed at the end of each line.
>
> If they paste a link that is rendered in HTML (ie, copied from a web page)
> it should be clickable.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Mario Marzagao" <MarioMarzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Robert, many thanks for caring.
> >
> >> Which version of Outlook are you using?
> > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)
> >
> >> Which type of mail account are you using?
> > POP3 (gmail)
> >
> >> In which message format is this message received?
> > plain text, I guess.
> >
> >> If you copy and paste the entire message in a new email, fix the
> >> hyperlinks
> >> and then send it to yourself, do they still appear broken?
> > Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "fix the hyperlinks" because all the
> > hyperlinks seem ok to me. But doing copy/paste/send as you say, the
> > problem
> > persists.
> > Looking closer, I see that if I take one of those non-working hyperlinks
> > and
> > do a line feed at the end, the hyperlink activates.
> > For example, this link is inactive in my message:
> > Your pages: http://www.watchthatpage.com/watchPages.jsp
> > please note that, after jsp there's an invisible character. However, if I
> > insert a line feed either before or after that invisible character, the
> > hyperlink activates.
> > The same happens with this new example:
> > <http://www.blogger.com/openid-server.g>
> > If I insert a line feed after ".g>", the hyperlink activates.
> >
> > Also, if I send a very long mail to myself, with lots of long hyperlinks
> > (actually the url of this post), I receive all ok.
> >
> >> A common reason for messages to become corrupted is by having a virus
> >> scanner installed that integrates itself with Outlook. Disable/uninstall
> >> this integration and try again.
> >> See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20
> >
> > I have now deactivated email scanning in my AV (Symantec) but the problem
> > persists
> >
> > Many thanks again.
> >
> > Mario

What message format is the new message?  Links in plain text messages are
interpreted by the client - a message with large numbers of links will
either be slow to make the links clickable or not all will be clickable.
Links pasted into HTML formatted message need to be made clickable, unless
they were copied from HTML.

Also - if html, the blue underline is added by CSS and can easily be changed
by applying a style. Don't go by looks when deciding if its clickable- hover
the mouse over it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Thanks, Diane. It sheds some light.
>
> However, please kindly try to intepret: I receive a long message with lots
> of hyperlinks. The last third of the message has lots of hyperlinks not
> hyperlinked.
> Then, I copy all that "innactive" part of the message, paste it into a new
> message and send it to myselt. This new message arrives with all the
> hyperlinks working (those that previously did not work). And I just did a
> copy/paste, I did not add any space or Enter at the end of any url.
> Why ??
>
> Many thanks for your support
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Text links pasted into HTML aren't 'live' until the sender enters either
>> space or Enter at the end of the url.  For example, a list of links
>> copied
>> from notepad or a link copied from the address bar are just text until
>> you
>> put a space or line feed at the end of each line.
>>
>> If they paste a link that is rendered in HTML (ie, copied from a web
>> page)
>> it should be clickable.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> "Mario Marzagao" <MarioMarzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > Robert, many thanks for caring.

>> > Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (12.0.6316.5000) SP1 MSO (12.0.6320.5000)

>> > POP3 (gmail)

>> > plain text, I guess.

>> > Sorry, I don't know what you mean by "fix the hyperlinks" because all
>> > the
>> > hyperlinks seem ok to me. But doing copy/paste/send as you say, the
>> > problem
>> > persists.
>> > Looking closer, I see that if I take one of those non-working
>> > hyperlinks
>> > and
>> > do a line feed at the end, the hyperlink activates.
>> > For example, this link is inactive in my message:
>> > Your pages: http://www.watchthatpage.com/watchPages.jsp
>> > please note that, after jsp there's an invisible character. However, if
>> > insert a line feed either before or after that invisible character, the
>> > hyperlink activates.
>> > The same happens with this new example:
>> > <http://www.blogger.com/openid-server.g>
>> > If I insert a line feed after ".g>", the hyperlink activates.
>> >
>> > Also, if I send a very long mail to myself, with lots of long
>> > hyperlinks
>> > (actually the url of this post), I receive all ok.

>> > I have now deactivated email scanning in my AV (Symantec) but the
>> > problem
>> > persists
>> >
>> > Many thanks again.
>> >
>> > Mario

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/30/2009 7:45:53 PM
Diane, the new message (the one that I am sending to myself) is html (my
default).
All the blue links are clickable.
Something that I forgot mentioning so far: I have received these long
messages with many links for a long time. I never had this problem of
non-clickable hyperlinks while I was using Outlook Express. Only recently I
installed MS Outlook, and only now I have this problem with MS Outlook. It
seems that MSO is more restrictive that OE in this context.

Thanks
Mario

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> What message format is the new message?  Links in plain text messages are
> interpreted by the client - a message with large numbers of links will
> either be slow to make the links clickable or not all will be clickable.
> Links pasted into HTML formatted message need to be made clickable, unless
> they were copied from HTML.
>
> Also - if html, the blue underline is added by CSS and can easily be changed
> by applying a style. Don't go by looks when deciding if its clickable- hover
> the mouse over it.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Mario Marzagao" <MarioMarzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks, Diane. It sheds some light.
> >
> > However, please kindly try to intepret: I receive a long message with lots
> > of hyperlinks. The last third of the message has lots of hyperlinks not
> > hyperlinked.
> > Then, I copy all that "innactive" part of the message, paste it into a new
> > message and send it to myselt. This new message arrives with all the
> > hyperlinks working (those that previously did not work). And I just did a
> > copy/paste, I did not add any space or Enter at the end of any url.
> > Why ??
> >
> > Many thanks for your support
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Text links pasted into HTML aren't 'live' until the sender enters either
> >> space or Enter at the end of the url.  For example, a list of links
> >> copied
> >> from notepad or a link copied from the address bar are just text until
> >> you
> >> put a space or line feed at the end of each line.
> >>
> >> If they paste a link that is rendered in HTML (ie, copied from a web
> >> page)
> >> it should be clickable.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> "Mario Marzagao" <MarioMarzagao@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Windows
I have an application that I use to communicate with our custom USB drive. If I keep the application running, but unplug and replug the drive, execute some menu option, I get the error " Windows - No Disk Exception Processing Message". How do I get around this (without registry edits)? I am using OPEN_EXISTING for my CreateFile() function. Should I change it to CREATE_ALWAYS? Hi, you should be more specific on what exactly is under your menu (code!) that throws that exception, maybe then we can help,... Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Bes...

Hyperlink from intranet web page
I have created an intranet web page that displays GP data and information from tables that I created. I would like to know if there is a way to hyperlink the Return Doc ID from the web page and have that open the RMA Entry/Update window in GP and display all the info for that return? Glenn You cannot achieve this. In Business Portal, option of calling GP window exists through Back office which requires Terminal services and GP Login as well. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP On May 13, 4:34=A0pm, Glenn_Lasowski <GlennLasow...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have created an i...

Can't create hyperlink
Using Office 2000, publisher, my hyperlink option in "insert" is faded. Button on left column also is faded. no option to hyperlink. Can anyone help me with this? revmel <revmel@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Using Office 2000, publisher, my hyperlink option in "insert" is > faded. Button on left column also is faded. no option to hyperlink. You have to convert your publication to a web publication before the option to insert a hyperlink becomes available. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Hyperlinks not active
I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they dont do anything. Is there a way I can make these cells which are valid web addresses, a working hyperlink?? Thanks CARD With your "dead" hyperlinks in column A, in B1 enter: =HYPERLINK(A1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007h "Mr Crowley" wrote: > I have a 2007 worksheet where I have a column of about 250 hyperlinks. Non > of them show up as hyperlinks. When I move my mouse over them they...

Cant delete any messages
Hi! My friend at work has a weird problem recently he can't delete any messages in Outlook Express the delete button doesn't work so does not the right mouse button menu delete option. When d&d the files theres a error that says "An error occurred" He works on a normal user account. Any ideas? Have your friend post in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Tell him/her to include the version of OE, the exact error message, and any other pertinent details. Outlook Express and Microsoft Outlook are not the same e-mail client, nor are they related in spite of the similarity of ...

I can receive but cannot send messages using outlook 2003
Task 'POP3.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' "UJ" <UJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88595AE2-844E-4B15-ACE4-C283F972DBB6@microsoft.com... > > Task 'POP3.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed > out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to > re...

error message below
Hello! I have an HP laptop with Windows XP Pro and originally bought it for running karaoke shows! I downloaded some karaoke files off the internet and they show up as HDZIP files; and they used to play beautifully! However, now I can no longer play these particular files and get the following error message: "Unexpected error processing the ZIP file: 0x00000200 C:\DOCUME~1\Computer\LOCALS~1\Temp\auout.zzz" Please advise! Lundo55 wrote: > Hello! > > I have an HP laptop with Windows XP Pro and originally bought it for running > karaoke shows! I d...

Outlook2003 inserting a Hyperlink
Why can't I insert a hyperlink in a message to a file using Outlook 2003, composing in HTML, or Rich Text format, using Word 2003 as the editor? When I select Insert (from toolbar) Hyperlink is grayed out. Is there a setting someplace to allow this? ...

Message recepients can't reply
I'm using Outlook '02' thru MSN (Outlook connector). Several recepients of messages sent from Outlook report that they are unable to reply. Messages come back undeliverable. I ve contacted MSN and have determined that there isn't a problem with server. Isn't this supposed to be the most basic function of this software? signed FRUSTRATED up to here Need to see the exact text of the NDR (nondelivery report) in order to ascertain the problem.... Charles Brown wrote: > I'm using Outlook '02' thru MSN (Outlook connector). > Several recepients of message...

Error Message #92
I have a user (User A) that has been granted Publishing Editor permissions for User B's calendar. User A has Win2000 OS with Office 2003. User B is using WinXp and Office 2003. User A can access, read, writed, etc. User B's calendar, but when trying to print the calendar an error message "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook," is returned. The user exits out of Outlook and starts again, but the same error message is returned. I have looked at microsoft's web site, but all posts regard earlier versions of Outl...

Prompted if you're sure you want to send message.
Hi everyone, Is there a feature in Outlook 2003 where it will ask you if you're sure you want to send the message? I've heard of something like this in other systems, called a hostility sensor. It keeps you from sending those embarrasing or career ending messages. When you click on Send, a pop-up is supposed to prompt you as to whether you really want to send the message or not. Any idea if this is availalble on Outlook? Thanks. Microsoft <aarce@network-alternatives.com> wrote: > Is there a feature in Outlook 2003 where it will ask you if you're > sure you wa...

If I press F9 I get error message "operation failed"
If I press F9 to download all messages I get error message "operation failed" but I can download messages from each email account manually using menu bar receive. Is there a remedy? ...

Hyperlinks in Outlook Signatures
question about hyperlinks. Is there any way to put a variable in a hyperlink so that the mail to: email address is always the same as the displayed text? I have a lot of users that have been cutting and pasting mail to: hyperlinks and when they change the display of the hyperline, the mail to: is still the old email address. I'd like it so that if someone edits the text of the display email address that the mail to: points to the new address. Any tips would be appreciated. thx No, that is not possible. Teach them to edit the link as well or to completely remove the t...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 Messages Stuck in Outbox
Gang, We have an Exchange 2003 environment with this employee running Outlook 2003 on a Dell X300 laptop. Cached mode is on as well as RPC over HTTP. Employee has Win XP SP2 but the problem was happening before the service pack was installed. At home when replying to a message either to fellow employees or to outside contacts, an employee will type a mesaage, send and it sometimes remains in the Outbox bold and italicized. Then she goes to the Outbox, opens the message, highlights the entire message, and pastes the contents in a new email and sends and then it goes. But this also occurs ...

hyperlinks in excel
i am using office 03 for the first time. how does one prevent e-mail addresses from becoming hyperlinks and eliminate those that are already in that format. thank you. mike nolan Mike To prevent in the future........ Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. Uncheck the "replace as you type" box. To get rid of current ones you can edit manually or run a macro on a selected range. Sub removeAllLinksFromSelection() Selection.Hyperlinks.Delete End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 14:03:02 -0800, "Mike Nolan" <Mike Nolan@discussions.m...

Message-ID
Is it possible to hide from message-id the hostname of the sending host? No. Your mail server should stamp a message id, but if it doesn't outlook adds one to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Michele Franzoni" <no@spam.com...

Error Message During Running Frx 6.7
While generating a report with FRx 6.7 I receive the following error message: "Error 9060 during the CreateZIPFile Procedure" and the report genration stops; hence, I am unable to generate any reports with FRx. I have looked everywhere to get some insight regarding the error but to no avail. Help!! -- Mark R Zaksheske Mark, according the Microsoft, "The problem may occur because Microsoft XML components are missing. Other factors may also cause this problem." See below link for resolution. https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?WTNTZSMNWUKNTMMYKKQ...

Message interface problem in Outlook2000
Hi, I wanted to direct a mailing list to a seperate folder using the Organize. When I delete and add the new folder, it does not update in the folder list of the Organize and it gives message interface error when you want to save the rule. Thanks... ...

copying all Outlook In Box messages to a CD
I need to install a new hard drive to my laptop. I've copied all files in My documents, and now wish to copy all Outlook messages, and if possible, the folders I've created in Outlook, to install to the new hard drive. How do I do this? Thanks. Mark Hi, That is very easy to do, but might take a little work on your part. Outlook uses a single huge file to store all its data, and you need to copy that file. It is a file that ends with ".PST" and is usually stored at Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ on XP, and in a ...

XADM: 0xc00206fc Error Message Occurs When You View Permissions in the Administrator Program
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321165&Product=ech We're having difficulty editing permissions to resources in our Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. It's running on a Windows 2000/XP network. There aren't any NT 4.0 workstations or servers running. Is there an alternate recommendation to Microsoft's solution besides using an NT4 client? The error indicates a problem with the trust or a problem reaching the Domain Controller(s) in the other domain. Here are other resolutions that I have found to this in our internal database: *** Problem Descriptio...

copy message internally
I am running Excahnge Server 2000 and have a user set up with a POP3 account. Can I copy messages sent to that box to another AD user? Thanks for taking a look, Doug sure go to properties of this user, Exchange general Delivery options, click on forward to locate the user, where ever e-mails needs to go to put a check mark on Deliver the messages on both address and user mailbox Cheers oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "DotNet" wrote: > I am running Ex...

Hyperlink
Hello I would like to set up a hyperlink on an excel page which mimics clicking the "back" button on the Web menu in Excel. So for example if the user clicks on the hyperlink on sheet1 and goes to cell A10 in sheet2, I would like the user to be able to click on a hyperlink in sheet2 which takes them "back" to the originating cell in sheet1. There are many many different hyperlinks in sheet1 which all take the user to the same cell A10 in sheet2, what we want is the ability to return to the particular originating cell in sheet1. We can get this functionality at the momen...

I receieve message but my name is not listed
Hi, I am currently receiving messages from a particular recipient (Exchange System). The message lists six users in the To and CC boxes, none of which is me. In addition, there is a Distribution List, but once expanded, none of the people listed is me either. I tried Reply All to see if my name was in the BCC list but it is not there as well. Any idea to see how I can tell how my email address is getting listed or how this is happening? Thanks. JR "UnknownJoe" <UnknownJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADB04C8A-4118-4703-A026-E4D6B1...

Adding hyperlinked text in ListControl
Hi I want to display a hyperlinked text in a cell of a row in a List Control. And on click of that link I need to open a browser. Is there any way I can do it. Please help. Regards Usman Jamil On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 17:56:09 +0500, "Usman Jamil" <usman@advcomm.net> wrote: >I want to display a hyperlinked text in a cell of a row in a List Control. You might consider this class from CodeProject: http://www.codeproject.com/listctrl/xlistctrl.asp studying its architecture, and extend it adding support for hyperlink like so: http://www.codeproject.com/staticctrl/cmy...

Prevent hyperlink text from printing
I have a hyperlink on the top of each page which jumps back to a slide towards the beginning of the presentation. The hyperlink looks like this: <<Return to "Speed" Summary>> I would like to prevent the hyperlink text from printing when someone prints the presentation. Ideas? PK, PPT 2003? If you are using a black and white printer you could choose View - Color and grayscale, and switch to grayscale. Modify the settings of the textbox with your hyperlink to not print by selecting the textbox and clicking on the settings button of the toolbar. Choos...