Hyperlinks In Outlook #3

By default, I can paste in a URL, and Outlook converts it to a hyperlink.

Since I switched boxes here at work, my URL's don't provide you with a
hyperlink; I have to manually add the link by selecting the text and
right-clicking it, and selecting Hyperlink from the list.

This is a nusance, actually, since I have to send hyperlinks ALL DAY.  And
this feature is supposed to be enabled by default.

Any suggestions on how to get my URL's to automatically provide a hyperlink?
Is this a preference setting I can't seem to find?

Thanks!

0
thanser (2)

Are you using word as your editor and HTML format? After pasting, press
space bar or enter and it should hyperlink it for you.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Dinsdale" <thanser@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> By default, I can paste in a URL, and Outlook converts it to a hyperlink.
>
> Since I switched boxes here at work, my URL's don't provide you with a
> hyperlink; I have to manually add the link by selecting the text and
> right-clicking it, and selecting Hyperlink from the list.
>
> This is a nusance, actually, since I have to send hyperlinks ALL DAY.  And
> this feature is supposed to be enabled by default.
>
> Any suggestions on how to get my URL's to automatically provide a
> hyperlink? Is this a preference setting I can't seem to find?
>
> Thanks!

0
dianenws (1904)
11/16/2004 3:52:46 AM
You know, I hate to admit it, but I think that's it.  Hit enter after paste.

I was just moving my cursor up into the Subject line, and not getting a
hyperlink.

Sheesh!  Sometimes it's the dumbest things.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <dianenws@poremsky.com> wrote in message
> Are you using word as your editor and HTML format? After pasting, press
> space bar or enter and it should hyperlink it for you.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "Dinsdale" <thanser@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> By default, I can paste in a URL, and Outlook converts it to a hyperlink.
>>
>> Since I switched boxes here at work, my URL's don't provide you with a
>> hyperlink; I have to manually add the link by selecting the text and
>> right-clicking it, and selecting Hyperlink from the list.
>>
>> This is a nusance, actually, since I have to send hyperlinks ALL DAY.
>> And this feature is supposed to be enabled by default.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to get my URL's to automatically provide a
>> hyperlink? Is this a preference setting I can't seem to find?
>>
>> Thanks!

0
thanser (2)

ayuda de outlook nedelka
hola mi nombre es nedelka , necesito ayuda sobre outlook Podrias ser mas especifica. >-----Original Message----- >hola mi nombre es nedelka , necesito ayuda sobre outlook > > >. > ...

Exchange\Outlook delegate issue
We have problem with delegate in outlook. The problem comes from that a person added someone as delegate to his calendar. Then that delegate email account is deleted, and he also deleted the delegate from his outlook. However whenever people send him appointment, they received undeliverable message “Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.”. The following article, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312433/en-us Suggests we use mdbvu32.exe to solve the problem. The article suggest following. To identify a delegate rule and remove the delegate rule from a mailbox, ...

Migrate outlook profiles
hello, We are upgrading from office 2000 to office 2003. to avoid user problems, I would like to migrate their settings like, adjusted toolbars, outlook settings. I have used the proflwiz.exe /A ... and I was able to restore the profile, BUT I don't have additional mailboxes, pst's, OAB, ... Can anyone help me out with migrating or extracting the outlook profile??? Thanks Dimi "Dimi" <Dimi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C2E0DB5-6880-4B9E-B7C4-E12915758FB5@microsoft.com... > hello, > > We are upgrading from office 2000 to office 2003...

outlook 6
Every time I recive a email in outlook express ME verison I recive two of the same message. Is there a way to fix this so I only get one of each message.... LLOYD COBB This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplor...

SharePoint Services 3.0 and Office 2007
It is my understanding that I might be able to leverage the sharepoint services 3.0 with Vista ultimate and Office 2007 to facilitate 'real time collaboration'. I would like to invite attendees through the calendar feature to view powerpoint presentations, MS Project milestones, alerts, tasks, etc. In Calendar, New appointment, invite attendees there is a 'meeting workspace' that I want to leverage. Looking for guidance on how to make this happen. Is there a way to establish a website on my own machine so that attendees can connect to it and view the ...

Outlook Web Access #45
Goodmorning, I have some problems with OWA in Exchange-server 5.5 SP3 on a W2K-server which is also a DC. I cann't install SP4 because this errormessage: Self registration of the DLL c:\winnt\Profiles\Administrator\windows\system32\cdonts.dll failed : 0d and Processing file d:\eng\server\setup\i386\\cdo.ins , at or near line 7 ''the specified module could not be found" I don't understand, the ..system32.. subdirectory in the first error doesn't exists (and I have made the hidden directories visible). What is wrong here? Thanks. John Ask in an Exchange ...

Using Category in outlook 2007
I have been catergorizing my emails for months. Recently, when i tried to categorize my email, an error message pops up - "the attachment size exceeds the allowable limit" Does anyone has the same problem and how to resolve it? Thanks in advance. Hard to say, but usually this error comes up when either the message itself is too big or when your mailbox is full. I'm assuming you are using an Exchange account here? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-In...

Outlook 2000 automatic name checking
Automatic name checking is not working. How to fix? It is selected to use that feature but does not work. Thanks, ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Outlook Not Closing Completely
I have posted this problem before, as have many others, and apparently there is no solution. When I close Outlook 2000 (completely up to date) running on Windows 2000 Pro (completely up to date), Outlook remains in memory and has to be closed either by the Task Manager or by rebooting. I have exactly the same problem at the office running Outlook 2000 (completely up to date) on Windows XP (completely up to date). There are no PDAs and no COM Add-Ins. I was previously told that the problem was caused by Norton Antivirus, which I was running at both places. However, I replaced Norton with E-Trus...

Outlook 2003 Print problem
When printing Emails from Outlook 2003, the first page is cut off about 2 inches on the right side. The second and following pages print normally. What setting needs to be change to correct the printing on the 1st page? ...

how do i transfer regular incredimail to outlook if i have both
i have a regular incredimail and somehow i also have incredimail adds-on(outlook)how do i transfer data from one to the other? krykry wrote: > i have a regular incredimail and somehow i also have incredimail > adds-on(outlook)how do i transfer data from one to the other? Check with Incredimail support on this issue as it's their product. :) ...

Lost my contact folders in Outlook 2003
Actually, I lost them only in the Folder List. They still appear in My Contacts but are just for looking at - clicking on them (right or left) does nothing. I'm assuming because of both of the above symptoms that those folders are actually gone. Fortunately, I had a backup pst and I've copied the contact folders back over to my current pst but now the missing and unclickable contact folders are still listed in My Contacts along with the actual and usable ones. How can I get rid of the useless folders listed in My Contacts that don't appear in the Folder List? Thanks ...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

How to stop access confirmation in Outlook
When I try to sync my PDA/Phone with Outlook (2000) it ask for me to allow access for 'x' number of munites. How do I stop this request? Thanks Clive Try updating your PDA sync software. (If the PDA uses Activesync, upgrade to 3.7x) And if you are curious to know how/why you are getting the prompt, see the following links. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Clive" <someone@NOTHANKS.com> wrote i...

Report CRM 3.0 from the web
Hi, i've a problem with reporting services for CRM via web. I have published the CRM 3.0 via web with succesfully on ISA Server 2004. >From the web i open CRM homepage, click on Report, when click on Run Report and appears the page "The page cannot be found....HTTP Error 404 - File or directory not found. Internet Information Services (IIS)". Under IIS ReportServer is on Default Web site port 80 and CRM 3.0 new web site port 5555. How publish the report of CRM 3.0 in this case??? Thanks (sorry for may bad english) Davide The problem is that CRM has a setting in the registr...

outlook terminvergabe im Autohaus
hallo an alle! ich muss eine projektstudie zum them terminmanagement im AH schreiben. suche dringend ein autohaus, welches outlook als terminvergabeprogramm nutzt. mfg daniel dk, you wrote on 3 Apr 2006 03:35:31 -0700: > ich muss eine projektstudie zum them terminmanagement im AH schreiben. > suche dringend ein autohaus, welches outlook als terminvergabeprogramm > nutzt. Du bist hier falsch! Das ist eine englischsprachige Outlook-NG, und ich glaube nicht, dass dir hier jemand helfen kann ;-). Poste dein Anliegen nochmal in die deutsche NG f�r Outlook: news:microsoft.public.de....

sync
I have a desktop at the office and a desktop at home. Is it possible to Sync outlook on both machines? This way when I go to the office any messages I might have already read or replied to will exactly the same on both machines? Or - Might a better option be store my *.pst files and any other files I might need to be working on on my server at the office and just VPN into the server from the house? If this is the better option which files must be on the server and how do I point outlook to them? Thanks - Pete Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm ...

Outlook #122
Have WINDOWS2000 and MS Office 2000Pro with all up to date patches. Have just upgraded to Broadband telephone line and since installing new modem (which works with the Internet) I can no longer access my e-Mails via MS Outlook. Outlook opens but immediately gives the following error message: "An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correctly installed.Run setup again for the program" I have uninstalled & reinstalled without success - anybody any ideas, is there anything I can add, change or delete in the registry?? ...

How do I dismiss past due meeting reminders in Outlook?
I have two meeting reminders that keep popping up for meeting that were scheduled for two weeks ago. When I try to delete the reminders I get the following message: "Cannot turn off reminders. You may be reminded again." How can I delete these reminders? 1. Restart outlook using the cleanreminders switch (http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm) 2. if that fails, switch to all appointments view and browse the list for the items with the reminders and delete them from your calendar. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Outlook 2007 Signatures
I created an html signature with a table, style tags defining the font, and absolute paths for hyperlinked images (two images butted together on the footer in a table column so that if you click image one you go to one url and image two you go to a different url) using Textpad. I then put the .html file in the Microsoft Signatures directory and edited the text from the generic template and saved it. The images live on our web-server in a dedicated directory. If I send an email to myself with no signature and only a subject, Outlook 2007 says that the size of the resulting email is 9KB....

outlook with exchage server connection
I installed outlook with exchage server connection but didn't mean to how can I change this because when I start it up outlook message says can not connect to exchange server then closes outlook down because \I can not enter a valide exchange accounKevint and name You can change your account configuration via the Mail applet in Control Panel. In your case, it might be best to start with a new mail profile. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outl...

Outlook 2000 email filters
I need help in setting up porn filters. Please Harvey harvey <hdarnell@selu.edu> wrote: > I need help in setting up porn filters. Please You can edit your "Adult Senders.txt" and "Junk Senders.txt" files with Notepad, adding to them whatever domains you wish to block. Use the Organize wizard to enable Junk and Adult filtering. You cannot modify the built-in body filters Outlook uses to scan incoming mail. For more control, get a program like http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/. -- Brian Tillman ...