Hyperlinks in emails #2

I am running Win XP with Office 2007

When I try to click on a hyperlink in an email news article, I get tis error
message:

General failure: The system cannot find the file specified.

How do I correct this please?

Thanks,

RED in NC

0
anglirich (26)

Have you tried resetting the internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet
Options, Advanced tab? (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab).

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

<anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote in message
> I am running Win XP with Office 2007
>
> When I try to click on a hyperlink in an email news article, I get tis
> error message:
>
> General failure: The system cannot find the file specified.
>
> How do I correct this please?
>
> Thanks,
>
> RED in NC

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/4/2009 1:47:27 AM
Under Advanced Tabs, what am I looking exactly here to check or uncheck?

> Have you tried resetting the internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet
> Options, Advanced tab? (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab).
>

> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>
> <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote in message
>> I am running Win XP with Office 2007
>>
>> When I try to click on a hyperlink in an email news article, I get tis
>> error message:
>>
>> General failure: The system cannot find the file specified.
>>
>> How do I correct this please?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> RED in NC

0
anglirich (26)
8/4/2009 12:21:42 PM
Diane, an update:

I guess it would help if I made IE my DEFAULT browser?

Silly me!

But I want to give a shout out to you Diane, for all of the fine work you do
for us in these newsgroups. You have  been a big help to me many, many
times.

Thanks again,

RED in NC
> Under Advanced Tabs, what am I looking exactly here to check or uncheck?
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Have you tried resetting the internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet
>> Options, Advanced tab? (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced
>> tab).
>>

>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>>
>> <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote in message
>>> I am running Win XP with Office 2007
>>>
>>> When I try to click on a hyperlink in an email news article, I get tis
>>> error message:
>>>
>>> General failure: The system cannot find the file specified.
>>>
>>> How do I correct this please?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> RED in NC

0
anglirich (26)
8/4/2009 1:25:01 PM
Glad to be of service. :)

FWIW, it shouldn't be necessary to keep IE as default - once you verify it
works you can switch back top whatever you prefer.

http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm - not quite the same
problem, but it has the complete list of things to try when you get errors
that may be related to multiple browsers.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> Diane, an update:
>
> I guess it would help if I made IE my DEFAULT browser?
>
> Silly me!
>

> But I want to give a shout out to you Diane, for all of the fine work you
> do for us in these newsgroups. You have  been a big help to me many, many
> times.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> RED in NC
> <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote in message
>> Under Advanced Tabs, what am I looking exactly here to check or uncheck?
>>

>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> Have you tried resetting the internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet
>>> Options, Advanced tab? (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced
>>> tab).
>>>

>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>
>>> Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
>>> http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34
>>>
>>> <anglirich@lexcominc.net> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

pop emails
Gurus. I have an exchange server 2000 and a remote client using outlook 2000, he connects to the internet using a public phone number from an ISP, then his outllook looks for our mail.domain.com and our exchange starts to download emails to his computer when the client hits send/receive I think this is how it works. My question is where does my exchange store this email that will be downloaded later to the clients computer?can I control what is to be downloaded? Thanks ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Server giving send failures for unsent emails
I have just taken over management of an Exch 2003 site and am having the following issue: One user is receiving delivery failure notifications from the server for non-existent emails. The delivery failure report says that the sender is not the person to whom the delivery failure notification is sent. The scenario is like this: postmaster@ourdomain.net (our exch server) sends a non-delivery report to ceo@ourdomain.net for an email that is purported to be sent by notreal@ourdomain.net (notreal is not an AD user and there is no 'notreal' email account). An example report follows:...

2010-01-04 is equal to week 2???
Dear all, Happy New Year! I used the following formula to display week number:- ="WEEK " & WEEKNUM(NOW(),1) Today is 2010-01-04 (4th Jan 2010) and the formula shows WEEK 2 and check the calendar is actually week 1. Is there anything wrong with the formula? Also is it possible to display / convert a date to week format like 4th Jan 2010 to 10W1 or W101? Kind regards, Ngin Hong hi, ! here is why excel returns week 2 (and how to get ISO week-numbers): http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/WeekNumbers.aspx hth, hector. __ OP __ > Happy New Year! > ...

Need Help With Formula #2
I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have a worksheet (Sheet1) with the following column headings: A B C Date Description Amount All data in this worksheet is arranged in date order. I need to put a formula in a cell in another worksheet (Sheet2) which will return the last value in column C where the corresponding data in column B does not equal "Adjustment". For example my last five lines of data in Sheet1 might consist of: A ...

Spam email going to one user
Hi, A user has been complaining of getting junk email that are not addressed to her but in the TO field is addressed to random addresses. For example: 34dfgj$3@domain.com, 450ug*$%@domain.com ... etc. PLease help because I'm a novice at Exchange and don't know why she's the only one getting this. How do I fix this? Thanks. What product are you using for anti-spam? On Thu, 7 Apr 2005 16:59:19 -0700, "Geeo" <huypham98@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, >A user has been complaining of getting junk email that are not addressed to >her but in the TO field is addres...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Outlook 2000 email filters
I need help in setting up porn filters. Please Harvey harvey <hdarnell@selu.edu> wrote: > I need help in setting up porn filters. Please You can edit your "Adult Senders.txt" and "Junk Senders.txt" files with Notepad, adding to them whatever domains you wish to block. Use the Organize wizard to enable Junk and Adult filtering. You cannot modify the built-in body filters Outlook uses to scan incoming mail. For more control, get a program like http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/. -- Brian Tillman ...

I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going?
I have recently upgraded and am no longer using Outlook Express, but now have Microsoft outlook. (using Windows XP home) Since this upgrade, a couple of months ago, I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going? how can I get around the problem? What version of Outlook are we talking about here? Did you remove the account from Outlook Express already to make sure they aren't downloaded by OE? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Ollie"...

Emailing sites
There have been times while browsing the Internet I wanted to send the site to someone. The Email is created. I press Send and it appears to have done just that, however, it is not sent. It is not until I open Outlook to check for incoming mail that previous outgoing Email is sent. Is there some way to have Outlook automatically send mail from the Internet site without first having Outlook open? Thanks "C J" <weshom@comcast.net> wrote: >Is there some way to have Outlook automatically send mail from the Internet >site without first having Outlook open? You g...

MIssing Email #5
We have an Exchange 2003 clustered environment. I have user's complaining that they are not receiving some emails. We have receive alot of emails during the day and I have a user atleast once a day that says that he/she never received an email. I checked Message Tracking and I don't see the emails there. However other people on exchange that were cc'd on the emails receive the emails. Can you help? are these internal emails? or email from the Internet? "AJ" <mzalj@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:OJf4dZ$VFHA.3840@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > We have an...

Service Pack 2 Problem
Hi all, I installed the SP 2 (latin version) on the server. All was ok without problem until I opened the GP application at the server. I think that the database instalation was good but the application not. If you see the log error you could see that the server version is newer than the application version. Please help me, I don't know how could fix the problem. Thanks and regards, Alejandro The log of the error is: Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics GP Database Version: 90281 Client Version: 90264 Product Name: Electronic Reconcile Database Version: 90275 Cl...

����OUTLOOK #2
��һ��OUTLOOK ...

Sending Email Problems
Hi, We are having problems sending some email to a certain account. We get this error: The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server. Please contact your Administrator. Any ideas? Thanks That sounds like it is an error on the receivers end not yours "Joe" wrote: > Hi, > > We are having problems sending some email to a certain account. We get this > error: > > The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server. > Please contact your Administrator. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > ...

Email Functionality
Hi, In the help menu doc, it says the following Recipients of your e-mail will have the option of either requesting more information (thus becoming a lead) or requesting that they be removed from your e-mail list. Is this a built in feature or do i have to do some customisation in other to get this functionality. Has any one got further infomation on this. Kind Regards Abby ...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

email #44
mail will not pop unless he send/receive button is hit. it is set to aytomatically retrieve every 1 minute. when someone sends me an email it goes straight to my deleted items box ...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Direct Email permission
Hi all, is there a specific permission to allow users to access the "Send Direct Email" function (in the web) - I have looked through all the Security Roles pages but cant find it. At the moment, only Admin seems able to do this. Thanks Ian Hi Ian, There is no specific permission on sending the emails. If it only works for Administrators this can indicate a permission problem on the servers. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Ian Kelsall" wrote: > Hi all, > > is there a specific permission to allow users to access the "Send Direct > ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Exchange 5.5 Permissions #2
Dear Exchange Community, I have the following problem, on my exchange server I give myself permission to a user's account. When I try and open his mailbox, from my account I get the error message "Unable to display the folder. The inbox could not be found." (I know there is a mailbox there.) I have tried with many different user's and different mailboxes. Same problem all the time. If I leave the server overnight, or reboot it. The permissions have taken on the desired effect. I have two servers, 1x 2003 Server 1x NT Server with Exchange 5.5 Running 2x Domains. I...

Receiving emails
When I go to my inbox, the only way I can retreive messages is by clicking on Tools, the send/receive, then send/receive all. Can I retreive messages without doing this? Having absolutely no information to go on, I would have to say, probably. Outlook version? Mail account type? Send/receive settings? Automatic polling interval set? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Tamara ...