Hyperlinks blocked within email messages

Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages.  I receive
the following error message:

"This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
computer.  Please contact your system administrator."

"System administrator" would be me.  This is a standalone computer connected
via a Linksys router to a cable modem.  There's no domain involved and there
are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the
problem.  I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only
started happening in the last week or so; I've made no changes to my system
that I'm aware of.

Is this an Outlook setting or a Windows one?  Either way, where do I find
it?

0
noem2507 (16)

it's an  error caused by IE.
see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm

--
Peter

"Rojo Habe" <noem@iladdres.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages.  I receive the
> following error message:
>
> "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.
> Please contact your system administrator."
>
> "System administrator" would be me.  This is a standalone computer connected via a
> Linksys router to a cable modem.  There's no domain involved and there are two
> Users (both administrators) set up, only one of which has the problem.  I'm using
> Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate and this has only started happening in the last
> week or so; I've made no changes to my system that I'm aware of.
>
> Is this an Outlook setting or a Windows one?  Either way, where do I find it?

0
okf122 (42)
2/14/2009 3:08:26 AM
Peter

Many thanks.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  There were a  number of things
that made me suspect this would be the case, namely:

This is an HKLM key, and only one user account is affected.
I'm using Firefox as my default browser, something that I neglected to
mention in my original post but probably should have (sorry!)

Anyway, despite my reservations I followed the article to the letter,
including restoring IE7 as my default browser.  I checked the offending key
before importing the replacement and they were identical.

It appears, therefore, that in my case the problem is caused by something
else.

Any ideas?

> it's an  error caused by IE.
> see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
>

> --
> Peter

> "Rojo Habe" <noem@iladdres.com> wrote in message
>> Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages.  I receive
>> the following error message:
>>
>> "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
>> computer. Please contact your system administrator."
>>
>> "System administrator" would be me.  This is a standalone computer
>> connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem.  There's no domain
>> involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one
>> of which has the problem.  I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate
>> and this has only started happening in the last week or so; I've made no
>> changes to my system that I'm aware of.
>>
>> Is this an Outlook setting or a Windows one?  Either way, where do I find
>> it?

0
noem2507 (16)
2/14/2009 10:54:45 PM
Sorry to reply to my own post, but despite countless reboots yesterday as
part of the process, none of which worked, I'm happy to report that having
shut the PC down over night and booted from cold this morning, the problem
seems to have gone away.

Many thanks once again for pointing me in the right direction.

> Peter
>
> Many thanks.  Unfortunately it didn't work.  There were a  number of
> things that made me suspect this would be the case, namely:
>
> This is an HKLM key, and only one user account is affected.
> I'm using Firefox as my default browser, something that I neglected to
> mention in my original post but probably should have (sorry!)
>
> Anyway, despite my reservations I followed the article to the letter,
> including restoring IE7 as my default browser.  I checked the offending
> key before importing the replacement and they were identical.
>
> It appears, therefore, that in my case the problem is caused by something
> else.
>
> Any ideas?
>

> "Peter Foldes" <okf122@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> it's an  error caused by IE.
>> see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
>>

>> --
>> Peter

>> "Rojo Habe" <noem@iladdres.com> wrote in message
>>> Suddenly I can't open any links from within received messages.  I
>>> receive the following error message:
>>>
>>> "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this
>>> computer. Please contact your system administrator."
>>>
>>> "System administrator" would be me.  This is a standalone computer
>>> connected via a Linksys router to a cable modem.  There's no domain
>>> involved and there are two Users (both administrators) set up, only one
>>> of which has the problem.  I'm using Outlook 2007 under Vista Ultimate
>>> and this has only started happening in the last week or so; I've made no
>>> changes to my system that I'm aware of.
>>>
>>> Is this an Outlook setting or a Windows one?  Either way, where do I
>>> find it?

0
noem2507 (16)

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

pop emails
Gurus. I have an exchange server 2000 and a remote client using outlook 2000, he connects to the internet using a public phone number from an ISP, then his outllook looks for our mail.domain.com and our exchange starts to download emails to his computer when the client hits send/receive I think this is how it works. My question is where does my exchange store this email that will be downloaded later to the clients computer?can I control what is to be downloaded? Thanks ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

Three questions about sending an email with Access and Outlook 200
I am using Office 2007 on two computers. I want to send an email from an Access program via Outlook. On one computer I am successful. On the second computer I fail. As far as I know the installations of Outlook and Access on the machines are identical. (Obviously this is not true because of the success/fail difference.) My first question is: Instead of using Outlook, is there some other object that I can use to send an email besides Outlook. My Access database contains a table with a list of the email addresses. My email body is: "See attached." and I attach a f...

Server giving send failures for unsent emails
I have just taken over management of an Exch 2003 site and am having the following issue: One user is receiving delivery failure notifications from the server for non-existent emails. The delivery failure report says that the sender is not the person to whom the delivery failure notification is sent. The scenario is like this: postmaster@ourdomain.net (our exch server) sends a non-delivery report to ceo@ourdomain.net for an email that is purported to be sent by notreal@ourdomain.net (notreal is not an AD user and there is no 'notreal' email account). An example report follows:...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

how to notify the user of a certain event from within a NDIS IM?
is it possible to make an interactive notification to the user from within a NDIS IM? i mean something like a baloon in the notification area ("tray"). and, if possible, start an executable if the user clicks the baloon. if yes - how? On Feb 5, 10:46=A0am, Vitalie Vrabie <vitalie.vra...@gmail.com> wrote: > is it possible... i know i can write my own service to poll/callback on the driver and pop up the baloons. but there are chances that such a service already exists in the system and i just have to teach my driver to interact with it. after all, there&...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Outlook 2000 email filters
I need help in setting up porn filters. Please Harvey harvey <hdarnell@selu.edu> wrote: > I need help in setting up porn filters. Please You can edit your "Adult Senders.txt" and "Junk Senders.txt" files with Notepad, adding to them whatever domains you wish to block. Use the Organize wizard to enable Junk and Adult filtering. You cannot modify the built-in body filters Outlook uses to scan incoming mail. For more control, get a program like http://spambayes.sourceforge.net/. -- Brian Tillman ...

I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going?
I have recently upgraded and am no longer using Outlook Express, but now have Microsoft outlook. (using Windows XP home) Since this upgrade, a couple of months ago, I am not receiving all my emails, where are they going? how can I get around the problem? What version of Outlook are we talking about here? Did you remove the account from Outlook Express already to make sure they aren't downloaded by OE? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 "Ollie"...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Suppressing Alert messages on open
I have an automatic refresh from an imported source. I've set the profile so the refresh is done when the excel file is opened. But an alert message with 2 selections is presented. One to do the refresh and the other to skip the refresh. I want the refresh to stay automatic and wonder if there is a way to suppress the alert and default to always force a refresh from external source? Hi Bob, Include this line in the macro: Application.DisplayAlerts = False When the procedure ends, Excel automatically resets the DisplatAlerts property to True. Source: Excel VBA Programming for Dummi...

Direct Email permission
Hi all, is there a specific permission to allow users to access the "Send Direct Email" function (in the web) - I have looked through all the Security Roles pages but cant find it. At the moment, only Admin seems able to do this. Thanks Ian Hi Ian, There is no specific permission on sending the emails. If it only works for Administrators this can indicate a permission problem on the servers. Regards, Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Ian Kelsall" wrote: > Hi all, > > is there a specific permission to allow users to access the "Send Direct > ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Outlook 2003: Unable to print email from right click menu unless item is opened
I am a new user to Outlook 2003. In my prior version, after I would read the e-mail message in the inbox, I would right click the message which would bring up the menu. When I click "Print" I get a dialogue box which says "Please open this HTML message to print it." How can I bypass this and just print it without fully opening it as I was able to do in the prior version of Outlook? Thank you! ...

Receiving emails
When I go to my inbox, the only way I can retreive messages is by clicking on Tools, the send/receive, then send/receive all. Can I retreive messages without doing this? Having absolutely no information to go on, I would have to say, probably. Outlook version? Mail account type? Send/receive settings? Automatic polling interval set? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Tamara ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Outlook Email
I have just taken over supporting a part installed CRM 1.2 system. Not being involved in the initial design and review of the product I am a little in the dark as the the facilities within the software. Am I correct in assuming that normal smtp mail (not sent from the outlook CRM client) does not get routed into the activitied of contact records with matching email addresses. We have quote system which sends smtp mail with a PDF copy of the email and would like to record the sending of that email into the Activities. I have read the materail from MS. This tells me how to install the Ex...

Export/Import Email Accounts
How do I export/import email accounts in Outlook XP? Seems like that function went away from Outlook 2000! Thanks, -Bob "Bob" <newsgroups@pless.net> wrote in message news:u0tsb.12289$IC.8245@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > How do I export/import email accounts in Outlook XP? Seems like that > function went away from Outlook 2000! > > Thanks, -Bob > > Start-All programs-Microsoft Office Tools-Save my settings wizard ...

Hyperlink
I have successfully hyperlinked from a cell in Excel to a Visio file. Does anyone know how to link to a specific shape within the Visio file? The hyperlink can include page, shape, and zoom percent. Ex: http: //MyServer/MyDrawing.vsd#Page-2/Sheet.1?zoom=100 Visio will display the page, center the shape, and zoom to the given percent (but will not select the shape). Hope this helps, -- Bill K. Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "JD" <jd@tivo.com> wrote in message news:068301c350a0$badcfc60$a101280...

Messages are not sent from the Outbox
Normally messages ready to be sent are in italic and maked with the date to the right. Now all my messages in the Outbox are non-italic and without date and are not sent. I am connected and uses the button Send. What is wrong See if the info here helps: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm "Anders Grimsmo" <anders.grimsmo@ntnu.no> wrote in message news:432493a9$1@news.broadpark.no... > Normally messages ready to be sent are in italic and maked with the date > to the right. Now all my messages in the Outbox are non-italic and without > dat...

Exchange email from a Domain other than the Network Domain
Hi, I'm wondering if its possible for exchange to handle mail from a domain other than the domain of the network it resides on ? For example, all of our website etc is hosted by a hosting company. Our internal network in the office has a domain similar to company_name.int. Is it possible for us to change the mx record of the company_name.com to the IP of our exchange box, and have exchange handle email for the domain company_name.com, rather than email under the domain company_name.int ? Thanks in advance for any help given, Leon Pinkney On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 11:07:44 +0000 (UTC), &...