HTTPMail in Outlook 2003

I have a hotmail account which I had setup using the
HTTPMail connector in Outlook.  About a week ago, I
stopped being able to connect to the account.  I get the
following message:

Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.'
reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while
communicating with the server.'

What's really odd is that it just seems to be a problem
with the one account.  I setup another test account on
hotmail and a new profile and that one seems to work fine.

The error doesn't seem to really be a timeout issue, but
rather tied to the account (possibly the server it
resides?)

Resolution steps I have taken so far:

Re-Installed OS and Office 2003
Verified un-firewalled connection.  (DSL 640k down/256k
up)  Qwest
Searched KB (About the only relevant thing I noticed was
a reference to this problem w/ using Norton AntiVirus.  I
installed Norton Internet Security about a month ago, but
it just started not working a week ago.  AND, now that
I've reformatted the hard drive and installed the OS new
w/o Norton, it would have gone a way had that been the
problem...

Please help.
0
anonymous (74721)

Outlook Express after Outlook
I installed Office97 with Outlook. Then I uninstalled Outlook and reinstalled Office97 w/o Outlook. Now I get MSIMN error for MAPI32X.DLL when I try to open Outlook Express. What do I do ...

Global template normal on closing Outlook
Can anyone tell me how to fix an error I get when I close MS Outlook. It asks if I want to save changes and if I click on yes it won't close and asks again. The statement is "Save changes to Global template normal". Sounds like you are using Word as your e-mailk editor. In Word you want to uncheck "Prompt before ssaving normal template". In Office 2007 - Word Options | Advanced. "Pat" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how to fix an error I get when I close MS Outlook. It asks > if I want to save changes and if I click on yes it won't c...

Hotmail forward to Outlook XP?
I have seen some 3rd party apps that allow hotmail mail messages to be forwarded to my Outlook XP inbox. Anyone know of a free app or low cost shareware app? TIA, ~N~ http://www.google.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, ~~Nightcrawler~~ asked: | I have seen some 3rd party apps that allow hotmail mail messages to be | forwarded to my Outlook XP inbox. Anyone know of a free app or low | cost shareware app? | | TI...

Auto-forward from a mail-enabled public folder in Exchange 2003
We have a mail-enabled public folder that used to auto-forward to multiple people any-time it received email. Now that we have added an 2003 version of Exchange, that have been removed (by the installation?) and we are no longer able to auto-forward to more than a single person (using public folder properties) Is there something I am missing about how to get this set back up? ...

Outlook Activation/PDA outlook version
Microsoft will not fully activate a OUTLOOK program that came with my Toshiba PDA, they say "cannot activate due to already activated on another machine", I deleated the program on the machine they mention however still dosent activate. Trying to work through Microsoft they wont help cause Toshiba sold me that version. if so how can microsoft limit my outlook and not answer my qustion. ...

Why isn't Outlook downloading all messages
I'm running Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista 64bit machine with 8GBs of Ram. I've been noticing that Outlook doesn't always download all messages from my ISP. It will download 95% of them, but then it leaves some messages on the server. I can see them if I log into my webmail, but OUtlook doesn't download them. If I restart Outlook, it will see them and download. Is this a common problem? Do I need to reinstall? Jason, Once again, your ISP may have a limit that you are exceeding. "Jason Klein" <JasonKlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

sale for outlook
crating a task in sales for outlook client using the CRM task button only makes a task in outlook folder, and does not make a crm task. but in the oulook folder its classified as a crm task. Any help would be Appriciated . outlook 2002. arggg ...

Outlook won't close
I'm running Outlook2000 under WinXP and when I close Outlook it either hangs in memoey and continues to run or the mail icon stays up in the taskbar. I then have to open the task manager and kill it there. I've installed the latest Office service packs and searched the knowlege base but cannot find a similar problem posted. I believe I've had this problem as far back as the Win98 days. Anyone have an idea how i can fix this? I'm betting it's just taking so long you're assuming it's locked when it's simply taking a long time. I assume when you close it i...

outlook is default but outlook express opens links
Hi, I have outlook 2003 it is set as my default mail, it works fine except for when I'm on a site that has a hyperlink to an email address. When I click the link Outlook express opens instead of Outlook. How can I fix this problem....I've look in tools in both outlook and outlook express and it all seems to be correct. WHat am I doing wrong. Thanks for your help! What do you show as your default mail program under Control Panel->Internet Options->Programs tab? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the ...

Cannot turn off ("urn:schemas:httpmail:subject" LIKE '%Newsletter%' OR "urn:schemas:httpmail:textdescription" LIKE '%Newsletter%')
When I go to any of my mail folders even with mail in them it shows nothing. If you click on filter you get the above message. If you uncheck it the mail shows. I tried clearing the SQL message many times it just keeps coming back. How do I permanently delete it? Thank you so much for your help. Debbie Try starting Outlook with the /cleanviews command line switch. I will warn you that this will delete all custom views/filters and reset the built-in ones back to MS defaults. "aes01" <aes@linkline.com> wrote in message news:1164764635.400368.68200@80g2000cwy.googleg...

when I start outlook in office 2003 my mail is not auto checked
I have just built a new system and reinstalled office 2003. Before when I started outlook my mail was downloaded automatically but now nothing happens until I press send/receive. I can't find anything wrong, help please? les006 <les006@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just built a new system and reinstalled office 2003. Before > when I started outlook my mail was downloaded automatically but now > nothing happens until I press send/receive. I can't find anything > wrong, help please? While viewing a mail folder, press ALT-CTRL-S and set a send/receive ...

Emails
Hello, I have noticed that when typing text in an email it will wrap to however wide the window is. When I receive emails from other people the text is wrapped at a certain width, no matter how wide I make my window. I have also notice that if i reply to these emails my text wraps to their width. Is their a way to set outlook to set a default width for new emails so that no matter how wide my window the text will wrap? Thanks -Al ...

Outlook 2003 & Outlook Express
Just installed Outlook 2003 and set it as my default e- mail program.When I recieve e-mail, it is still being recieved by outlook express. Do I need to delete Outlook Express? If so how? Thanks for your time. Open OE and select Tools | Accounts. Bring up the properties on each mail account and uncheck the box at the bottom of the first tabbed dialog. (You still need Outlook Express to do newsgroups.) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "John T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

A couple questions about Outlook Mail
Using Outlook 2003 (with all of Office 2003), and Windows XP Pro with SP2. Isn't there any way to use stationery in an e-mail message, if one didn't start with the stationery. Easy to do in Outlook Express. Choose format-HTML, if that isn't chosen already. Then Format-Apply Stationery. I see no such option in Outlook. I know how one can start a new message with stationery--"Actions"--"New mail message using....". But shouldn't there also be a way to apply stationery later, if one hadn't thought of it at the beginning? (If not, there sure should ...

is outlook 2003 pst backward compatible with outlook 2000?
can you take a 2003 pst file, all i want is the addresses, and export it to another computer that has outlook 2000 on it? Mike Hollywood, you wrote on Fri, 24 Mar 2006 19:33:08 -0500: > can you take a 2003 pst file, all i want is the addresses, > and export it to another computer that has outlook > 2000 on it? No! pst-files that has been created in Outlook 2003 can't be used in a previous version. You need to create a new pst-file File | New | Outlook Datafile in Outlook's old format (Personal Folder (.pst) for Outlook 97-2002). Then copy all addresses you need in th...

Outlook 2003 and Word XP #3
We are in the process of upgrading our Outlook XP client to Outlook 2003, but we will not have the budget to do the entire Office XP upgrade to Office 2003 until possibly next year. If there a way to get Outlook 2003 to use Word XP as its email editor? Thanks. --Sandy Sandy Proesch <sproe@spamcop.net> wrote: > We are in the process of upgrading our Outlook XP client to Outlook > 2003, but we will not have the budget to do the entire Office XP > upgrade to Office 2003 until possibly next year. If there a way to > get Outlook 2003 to use Word XP as its email editor? ...

Upgrading from Outlook Express to Outlook.
I am switching from Express to Outlook. I transfered everything and re-entered the account info. I made Outlook the default email program. However, I get emails to my old Express program instead of Outlook. How do I fix. In news:4E0B0DD4-1C8E-438E-AF46-0FE3F5A92F5A@microsoft.com, randerson144 <randerson144@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am switching from Express to Outlook. I transfered everything and > re-entered the account info. I made Outlook the default email program. > However, I get emails to my old Express program instead of Outlook. > How do I fix. ...

Word 2003: Text wraps to new line 1" prior to margin. Why?
Suddenly today when I type text on a new document, the text wraps approximately one inch prior to reaching the margin...on all lines whether the word is a long or short one. Why is it suddenly doing this? A different document that I worked on yesterday is fine. Help. Perhaps the paragraph has a right indent? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "dkents" <dkents@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:723F6DE6-57BD-43DA-9C4F-F6CAD1110871@microsoft.com... > Suddenly today when I t...

Archiving of Outlook
The problem that I am experiencing is not that I want Outlook 2003 to archive, but just the opposite. I am using Outlook 2003 as a contact manager and I like to hang onto everything for at least 12 months. This means emails, notes, tasks, appointments, etc. You never know when you are going to have to revert back to something over the course of the year. I want to manual archive my data when I choose to do so. Is this possible using Outlook 2003 Yes, just uncheck the Archiving setting from the Tools->Options menu. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to...

Outlook 2003 sending a meeting request to Outlook 2002
Seems that when I send a meeting request on Outlook 2003 to an Outlook 2002 user, the 2002 user doesn't get the standard meeting request nor does the event show up as a tentative meeting on their calendar. Instead, the 2002 user requests a jumbled email with lots of headers and extraneous data and buried within all of that is a block of text which represents my meeting request. I've been all over the MS websites for office and outlook and they do not indicate an incompatibility problem. Has anyone ever experienced this behavior? Thanks, P Cully ...

Dictionary
Any idea why, when I have set the dictionary to 'English (UK)' within Tools-Options-Spelling, it defaults to English (US) on first use when checking spelling within e-mails? By changing this on the drop-down (on the e-mail itself) it then remains at UK until the programme is shut-down again but reverts to US after that. The Tools-Options-Spelling setting always shows UK. Any thoughts? What is your OS Language set for? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be del...

Two copies of Outlook running (or at least two windows running) when I launch Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode...
Hi there, I just switched to Cached Exchange Mode, and now every time I launch Outlook 2003 (on Windows XP Professional) I get TWO Outlook entries on the taskbar (the thing that lists open windows -- I don't mean the little notification icon in the system tray). One has the regular Outlook icon and one has the icon with a little envelope on top of it. Why do I get two windows? Sometimes I close one of them and the other stays open, and sometimes I close one of them and they both close. They seem to be identical -- they both show my regular inbox view. Why is this happening and how can I...

unachieve email address and old saved items in outlook
my outlook went down and it asked me to create a personal folder to save outlook information. How can I get or upload old email addresses and some old folders such as "saved items" back into my new outlook as it has taken all info out of the new one. Thanks Within Outlook you open your old data file, possible called outlook.pst "peter" <peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E85E4AD5-E0AE-488D-B0F4-BDE76BF73275@microsoft.com... > my outlook went down and it asked me to create a personal folder to save > outlook information. How ...

outlook vs. outlook express #5
what is the difference between these 2 products? what criteria should be cosnidered when choosing which one to implement if you have both? my current os platform is windows me and and ms office 2000. thanks, lawrence Outlook is a full-featured PIM (Personal Information Manager) and is a part of the Microsoft Office suite. Outlook Express is the free mail and news client that comes with Internet Explorer. For more detailed information on the differences, check out these pages: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];257824 http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olexpr.htm -- ...

My new Outlook 7 keeps delivering double emails. Ideas?
I just bot a dell studio 15 laptop with outlook 7. When I used the easy transfer system many of my emails were doubled up. I had AVG on my last system and many of them came with an AVG certificate as an attachment. Now all of my emails are doubled - no AVG cert though. Any help is appreciated Easy transfer doesn't work well for outlook data, and often corrupts the Outlook Profile The method for transferring data is generally posted here several times a day. You can either start over with a fresh data file or use a duplicate finder tool http://www.howto-outlook.com/h...