HTTP reply code 204 No Content

Our application can be directed to open a window by clicking on an HTTP link
with a URL that says which window to open.  That works great.

When invoked from a MS Word hyperlink, if our app returns HTTP reply 200 OK,
then Word brings up IE to display a blank page (in addition to our app
opening the proper window).  Ick.  If our app returns HTTP reply 204 No
Content, then Word does nothing... just our window opens.  Perfect!

When invoked from Outlook or IE, if our app returns HTTP reply 204 No
Content, then IE opens with an error page.  Double Ick!!

Is there an HTTP return code that lets Outlook know that the link has done
its thing and IE need not display anything??

Thanks.

Type the following code in the event between the...
In this page http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306148/en-us where it says, "Type the following code in the event..." does anyone know what Microsoft means to put in to finish the sentence? The fragment is just above the code which starts out "Trap the ENTER key." Thanks. -- George Hester _________________________________ That would be between this: Private Sub ControlNameHere_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer) And this: End Sub -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpfu...

Forward http to http not working
I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o want to work. I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . thanks! Sean On Tue, 10 May 2005 08:54:45 -0700, Sean <doyoureallyneedthis@nospam.name> wrote: >I've followed the instruction in artcile 555126 and it doesn't seemt o >want to work. >I have Exchange 2003 and am accessing OWA with IE 6 >All I get is the standard 403.4 error saying I need to add https . Did you set up SSL on the virtual directory with a ce...

Deleting the message that I am replying to.
When I reply to a message the original message is in the email that I am sending. I would like to have the original message that I have replied to automatically deleted. In our company it is standard practice to maintain the email with all responses in it so we do not need the original after we reply to it. "Hesston_Don" <HesstonDon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDDDFCFD-D2F9-48E6-A49A-DE4CC9449F0F@microsoft.com... > When I reply to a message the original message is in the email that I am > sending. > I would like to have the origi...

RPC over HTTP in outlook
Hello, I am at a point where this problem is simply life and there is no fix, but I thought I'd ask and see what you guys think. I have a site that is connecting to a remote server for email. Server is Windows Server 2003 SP2 and Exchange 2007 SP1 with rollup 6 User is Windows Vista SP1 with Outlook 2007 SP1 Bandwidth test at site shows 1500 kbytes down and 500 kbytes up. I realize that this will be a major factor which is why I am mentioning it. When the user tries to load large emails 5+ Megabytes Outlook will appear to be frozen and not responding. If you are patient and wait ...

0-byte Attachments for all HTTP Clients
Hello, I am running SBS 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2. I also use a Windows Mobile 5.0 device with MSFP, and am using Exchange ActiveSync to receive e-mail on the WM device. The WM device has no other e-mail services configured. I recently discovered that if I use any HTTP client (OWA, WM device) to access an e-mail attachment, the attachment is saved as a 0-byte file. This is true both on my WM device, and any time I am using OWA to access e-mail. The same attachments are properly saved from Outlook. I have read KB817442, "IIS 6.0: Antivirus Scanning of IIS Compression Directory Ma...

Bar Coding
We are thinking about implementing bar coding at our central warehouse and was wondering if anyone has anything pertinent to share. We just went on GP10 and have approximately 22,000 stock items but probably would not bar code everything. I would be curious to know if there are any operational issues with hardware and software before we take the dive. Thanks, craig We have about 17K distinct items and successfully utilize vSync's vShip and MaximumData's InTouch to implement barcoding quite successfully. We elected to use MC9090 scanners although MaxData defaults to another ...

Examining HTTP requests?
I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a web-browser at the client side. Does anybody know of any Class or API in Visual C++ that can be used to examine HTTP requests sent to this server of mine by a webbrowser........ So far all the classes I've come accross is MSDN are for use at the client end only...... Thank you have you try HttpFile? "mysty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> д����Ϣ���� :uPpOy5k7DHA.3860@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I'm developing a smallish HTTP server that needs to communicate with a > web-browser at ...

Redirect https to http Exchange 2007
Hello I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this working on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. Thanks "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B235CCE5-28A5-45EF-B419-62D1A632E701@microsoft.com... > Hello > > I am following http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 I can redirect the > /OWA vdir but the redirect to SSL isnt working, any ideas. I got this > working > on Exchnage 2003 but cant get it working for 2007. > &...

Replies don't get sent
Using Outlook Web Access, I can open a message, but when I click on the Reply or Forward icon nothing happens, I just get sent back to my Inbox rather than getting the reply/forward window. Any ideas? ...

Postal Bar Coding & Using Outlook Address Book in Publisher
I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find any help in Publisher for this feature. I'd also like to find a way to use my Outlook Address book in Publisher - can anyone help me. Thanks After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Sharon Fermer <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I would like to add bar coding to my envelopes but can't seem to find > any help in Publisher for this feature. Read www.mvps.org/the_nerd/Publisher/FAQs.htm > I'd also like to find a way > to use my Outlook Address bo...

Format the Cell into a telephone number but using country code
Hello i wonder if anyone knows how to do this i do hope so How do i change a Telephone number in a cell to have the +44 country code in first IE 01753 525681 change this with a format to +1753 525681 so basiclly just dropping the first 0. if i replace 0 with +44 then all the 0 will be replaced on the whole list of numbers if i start the cell +44 it starts a formula does anyone know how to do this Please help !! Precede the entry with an apostrophe when you enter it and the plus sign will not try to convert to a formula. For the values already enterd I assume they are seen as ...

Can't set up HTTP account!!
I'm setting up Outlook on a friends computer. On their old computer they were able to view their Charter Communications email account through Outlook. I am trying to set it up so they can do it in XP, but it won't let me see their messages it just comes up blank. What am I doing wrong??!! P.S.- They don't have an account through Outlook/Microsoft Thanks, Locke ...

HTTP Access
I had to re-install my IIS server due to general problems, now i have done that i can no longer access my Mailboxes Via HTTP access. Does any one know how i can recreate these? Thank you if you reinstalled IIS which is a core in all messeging actions on the exchange server(2000,2003), you should run the exchange setup again with the /disasterrecovery switch in order to restore the definitions. -- Omer Maydan MCSE,Security+ "J Speed" <J_speed259@fsmail.net.INVALID> wrote in message news:OnK58QdiEHA.644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I had to re-install my IIS server due...

ADD HTML CODE
I'm using auto republish to update web pages from a spreadsheet. I'd like to insert HTML code to force browsers to refresh the data periodically when it is viewed. I have the code but don't know how to get it to the web page. Optionally does any one know of a setting that would do this. Thanks for all replies. -- Ray Tweedale All-around-nice-guy I faced a similar situation some months ago when saving XL files as web pages. While Excel did a good job with the heavy lifting the html code still needed some tweaking so I formulated this procedure: '--beginning of code-...

VB Code Help.....
Need some help here with VB code... I have a sheet named Adjust Inventory and one named Supplies Inventory. The Adjust Inventory has a form with two fields and a subtract button.... one is a part ( Cell C6) and the other is quantity (Cell E6) . When the fields are filled out and the subtract button is clicked, it will take the value in C6 and search column D in the Supplies Inventory sheet for that part. Once the part is found, it will take the value in E6 on Adjust Inventory sheet and subtract that from the value in the supplies inventory sheet in column E for the found part. Finally,aft...

Allow VBA code to change a locked cell??
Hi, I am using Excel 2007. I have written some VBA code that sets the values in certain cells using code like the following: Worksheets("MySheet").Range("A5") = MyValue This code works when my worksheet is not protected and cell A5 is not locked. When I protect the worksheet (with A5 locked), my code does not work. I get run-time error '1004' - "The cell or chart that you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only". I'd like to keep the cell locked (so users cannot edit it), but I do want my VBA code to be able...

Does Outlook reply to bcc recipients on a reply to all?
Hi I've just had a minor email disaster where someone, who shouldn't have received a copy of an email I sent, got one. The incoming email to which I was replying was sent to me and one other recipient. Clearly I could not see whether it had been bcc-ed to anyone apart from the two recipients I could see. I replied to all and could see that it went only to the intended recipients, but it became clear a few days later that someone else had received a copy. Given who they are, it seems possible that the original email may have been bcc-ed to them. Could my 'reply to a...

Fire Code after Preceding Events Run
I'm trying to add some functionality to a workbook that is updated through an export process from a web application. Although I cannot access the code behind the export process, at a bare minimum, I believe the process asks the user to select a workbook to update, then opens the workbook, loads VBA which in turn refreshes data, and then formats as needed. I'd like to activate a specific worksheet (that I've added) within the workbook once the export process completes. In attempt to do so, I've added a Before Workbook_Open event (listed below) to the ThisWorkbook ...

Problem with CDHtmlDialog and frequently updating HTML contents
Hi, I have a CDHtmlDialog-derived class to which I update a HTML element's inner text to display a currently analyzed file. The problem is that the dialog does not display the (frequently) updated text unless I move the mouse on the screen (!). Does anybody know a resolution to this problem ? Thanks, Catalin Stavaru ...

Performance Enhancements
Thought I'd share some performance tips and tricks with everyone. If you enable HTTP Compression and Custom HTTP header to your CRM web app it really increases the performance. There are a couple of tweaks you can apply (should be very careful) 1.) Enable HTTP Compression - Check out the link http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/HowTo/16267D49-4C6E-4063-AB12-853761D31E66.dcik 2.) Add the following Custom HTTP Headers to CRM directories and files of the following type .gif. .jpg, .htc, and .css (DO NOT apply to .aspx files.) here are the entries you want to use: Customer header name; "...

Exchange 5.5 reply SMTP address
Hi, Recently I experienced strange problems with my Exchange 5.5 SMTP addresses. Every time I try to set/change Reply Address for any recipient, it is SELF changing to address like 'alias@...' in several minutes. Unfortunately my boss has his mailbox alias different than our company standard :-) Could anyone help me? Regards, Adam Krajewski On Wed, 1 Mar 2006 21:08:39 +0100, "Adam Krajewski" <akrajewski@astercity.com.pl> wrote: >Hi, >Recently I experienced strange problems with my Exchange 5.5 SMTP addresses. >Every time I try to set/change Reply Address f...

Outlook ~ RPC over HTTP
My internal laptop users use Outlook 2003 when they are at their desk and are setup as Exchange 2003 clients. When these laptop users leave the office they want to continue using their Outlook 2003 client. Is a VPN still the best solution for folks like these? Is RPC over HTTP only good for folks using Outlook 2003, work out of their house, and don't have an office in the home office? -- NC Beach Bum The answer is it depends. If you already have a VPN set up and the clients are already set up with VPN connections and know how to use them, it may very well be easiest to sim...

Force SSL for RPC over HTTP
I finally got RPC over HTTP to work for my Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 machines. I know that non-SSL is possible, but not recommended. How do I ensure users are using SSL? The only place I can find an option for this is in the Outlook client on the Security tab to encrypt data. Is this the proper place to ensure my clients are using SSL?. PS. Yes, I do have a proper SSL cert. Thanks, Rob "Rob" <rbergerATtrmcomDOTcom> wrote: >I finally got RPC over HTTP to work for my Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003 >machines. I know that non-SSL is possible, but not recommen...

Getting the average of the contents of a range of cells based on a condition
Err, right. Will try to make this as easy to explain as possible. Was generously given an equation to use that calculated how many cell contain a particular bit of text based on a date range determined in differenct column on the same row. This bit of code was as follows: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH('Raw data'!$F$1:$F$10000)=12),--(YEAR('Ra data'!$F$1:$F$10000)=2003),--('Raw data'!$L$1:$L$10000="Monkeys")) Which basically looks at a date in column F and sees if the date i there is within the 12th month of the year 2003 (ie in December 2003) then looks in column L...

http
I want to create a software that changes the network transport to the browser. It'll change the GET direction to something that i want. for example every surfing to google.com will redirect me to google.co.il. I want this to work for every browser. Any ideas? thanks. Maybe write an HTTP proxy that filters certain URLs and replaces them with others? But the browser will need to be configured to use this proxy. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] <amisol@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1126556573.848052.48380@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to create a software that cha...