HTML email now displays as text

All of a sudden in the last few weeks, subscription emails that had
always come to me as beautiful html pages now come as text, with a
bunch of links and no images.   I'm thinking maybe it was an update
that's caused the problem.  I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3
on Win XP.

Any suggestions?

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)

We know of an issue on Vista which is fixed by a hotfix
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982) I don't see where it says vista
only, so it might also work for xp.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Dena Jo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> All of a sudden in the last few weeks, subscription emails that had
> always come to me as beautiful html pages now come as text, with a
> bunch of links and no images.   I'm thinking maybe it was an update
> that's caused the problem.  I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3
> on Win XP.
>
> Any suggestions?
>

> --
> Dena Jo
>
> Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>
> Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
5/28/2008 8:27:49 PM
On 28 May 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:

> We know of an issue on Vista which is fixed by a hotfix
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982) I don't see where it says
> vista only, so it might also work for xp.

Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)
5/29/2008 2:22:32 PM
Any luck with the hotfix? I also get html emails in plain text with all tags
and I too use Office 2003 and Win XP.
Thanks,
Ed

"Dena Jo" wrote:

> On 28 May 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:
>
> > We know of an issue on Vista which is fixed by a hotfix
> > (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982) I don't see where it says
> > vista only, so it might also work for xp.
>
> Thanks.  I'll give it a shot.
>
> --
> Dena Jo
>
> Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>
> Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

0
EdH (6)
5/30/2008 6:23:00 PM
On 30 May 2008, =?Utf-8?B?RWRI?= posted thus:

> Any luck with the hotfix? I also get html emails in plain text
> with all tags and I too use Office 2003 and Win XP.

I haven't done it yet.  I'm scared it's going to screw up my system!

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)
5/31/2008 2:22:34 PM
While it's possible it may screw it up, it's rare. Others have reported
using this one without problems and that it fixed the issue - "worked like a
charm" is the typical response.

--

> On 30 May 2008, =?Utf-8?B?RWRI?= posted thus:
>
>> Any luck with the hotfix? I also get html emails in plain text
>> with all tags and I too use Office 2003 and Win XP.
>>

> I haven't done it yet.  I'm scared it's going to screw up my system!
>
> --
> Dena Jo
>
> Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>
> Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/1/2008 4:42:19 AM
On 31 May 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:

> While it's possible it may screw it up, it's rare. Others have
> reported using this one without problems and that it fixed the
> issue - "worked like a charm" is the typical response.

Okay, I installed it.  Ones that displayed as text still display as
text, but I kind of expected that.  I guess I'll see over the next few
days whether it worked.  It did NOT disrupt my Outlook in any way.

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)
6/1/2008 2:57:01 PM
On 30 May 2008, =?Utf-8?B?RWRI?= posted thus:

> Any luck with the hotfix? I also get html emails in plain text
> with all tags and I too use Office 2003 and Win XP.

Didn't fix the problem.

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)
6/1/2008 9:25:27 PM
It didn't work on new mail? Did you reboot?

--

> On 30 May 2008, =?Utf-8?B?RWRI?= posted thus:
>
>> Any luck with the hotfix? I also get html emails in plain text
>> with all tags and I too use Office 2003 and Win XP.
>
> Didn't fix the problem.
>
> --
> Dena Jo
>
> Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>
> Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/2/2008 12:47:37 AM
On 01 Jun 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:

> It didn't work on new mail? Did you reboot?

I'm pretty sure I've rebooted since then, but just in case, I'll reboot
right now.

The problem seems to be intermittent.  The same newsletter will have
been coming to me as html, then boom, this morning it's an ugly text
file.

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)
6/3/2008 2:00:59 PM
is the filename att*.txt? That's somewhat of a common problem with how
outlook and the mail server talk. Reboot should fix it, until it happens
again.

Are you using an antivirus or antispam scanner on incoming email? That can
cause it also.

--

> On 01 Jun 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:
>
>> It didn't work on new mail? Did you reboot?
>>

> I'm pretty sure I've rebooted since then, but just in case, I'll reboot
> right now.
>
> The problem seems to be intermittent.  The same newsletter will have
> been coming to me as html, then boom, this morning it's an ugly text
> file.
>
> --
> Dena Jo
>
> Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>
> Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/3/2008 7:17:33 PM
On 03 Jun 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:

> is the filename att*.txt? That's somewhat of a common problem with
> how outlook and the mail server talk. Reboot should fix it, until
> it happens again.
>
> Are you using an antivirus or antispam scanner on incoming email?
> That can cause it also.

Um, what file name?

These are newsletters that I've subscribed to for quite some time.  All
of a sudden, they started intermittently to display in text.  Mostly
they're from about.com, which I think is Yahoo.  My suspicion is that
this was caused by one of automatic updates.

In any case, I still don't have a conclusive answer as to whether it's
a problem since rebooting because I won't receive any more newletters
until tomorrow.

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)
6/3/2008 8:06:01 PM
when you said "ugly text file" I thought you meant as a text file, not just
plain text with the html code visible.

--

> On 03 Jun 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:
>
>> is the filename att*.txt? That's somewhat of a common problem with
>> how outlook and the mail server talk. Reboot should fix it, until
>> it happens again.
>>
>> Are you using an antivirus or antispam scanner on incoming email?
>> That can cause it also.
>
> Um, what file name?
>
> These are newsletters that I've subscribed to for quite some time.  All
> of a sudden, they started intermittently to display in text.  Mostly
> they're from about.com, which I think is Yahoo.  My suspicion is that
> this was caused by one of automatic updates.
>
> In any case, I still don't have a conclusive answer as to whether it's
> a problem since rebooting because I won't receive any more newletters
> until tomorrow.
>
> --
> Dena Jo
>
> Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>
> Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/3/2008 8:42:26 PM
On 01 Jun 2008, Diane Poremsky {MVP} posted thus:

> It didn't work on new mail? Did you reboot?

So far so good...

--
Dena Jo

Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.

Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html
0
me7986 (249)
6/5/2008 6:43:05 PM
Dena Jo <me@privacy.net> wrote:

> Mostly they're from about.com, which I think is Yahoo.

It's owned by the New York Times Company.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0
tillman1952 (16052)
6/12/2008 1:27:33 PM
Diana,
It's Sergio from Brazil.
I have Outlook 2003 (supposedly updated to now) on Vista Home. I don't know
what Windows server is exacly.
Any way, since some months I'm receiving emails from specific correspondents
in plain text (header + formatting info + text + attchements, decoded in
ASCII text, even photos).
I red the Hotfix Article you suggested to Dena Jo, though my situation is
not clearly described on it, at least in one of the cases there is a result
just like the ones I've been having.
Do you think the hotfix in question is applicable to my case?
I would appreciate if you give any help. Thanks

sgcfreitas

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

> We know of an issue on Vista which is fixed by a hotfix
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982) I don't see where it says vista
> only, so it might also work for xp.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Dena Jo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
> > All of a sudden in the last few weeks, subscription emails that had
> > always come to me as beautiful html pages now come as text, with a
> > bunch of links and no images.   I'm thinking maybe it was an update
> > that's caused the problem.  I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3
> > on Win XP.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >

> > --
> > Dena Jo
> >
> > Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
> >
> > Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

I would certainly try it. AFAIK, it does apply to Vista as well as XP and it
won't install if its not for your OS.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"sgcfreitas" <sgcfreitas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Diana,
> It's Sergio from Brazil.
> I have Outlook 2003 (supposedly updated to now) on Vista Home. I don't
> know
> what Windows server is exacly.
> Any way, since some months I'm receiving emails from specific
> correspondents
> in plain text (header + formatting info + text + attchements, decoded in
> ASCII text, even photos).
> I red the Hotfix Article you suggested to Dena Jo, though my situation is
> not clearly described on it, at least in one of the cases there is a
> result
> just like the ones I've been having.
> Do you think the hotfix in question is applicable to my case?
> I would appreciate if you give any help. Thanks
>
> sgcfreitas
>
> "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
>
>> We know of an issue on Vista which is fixed by a hotfix
>> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982) I don't see where it says vista
>> only, so it might also work for xp.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Dena Jo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> > All of a sudden in the last few weeks, subscription emails that had
>> > always come to me as beautiful html pages now come as text, with a
>> > bunch of links and no images.   I'm thinking maybe it was an update
>> > that's caused the problem.  I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8206.8202) SP3
>> > on Win XP.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions?
>> >

>> > --
>> > Dena Jo
>> >
>> > Email goes to denajo2 at the dot com variation of the Yahoo domain.
>> >
>> > Plonk the bastards:  http://www.panix.com/~mwsm/trolls.html

0
outlookmvp1 (464)
6/13/2008 6:41:28 PM
Thanks Diane.
I have installed the hotfix but any significant result has been noted until
now.
I will email you back if I have an answer.
--
sergio

"Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:

> I would certainly try it. AFAIK, it does apply to Vista as well as XP and it
> won't install if its not for your OS.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> ** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
> when requesting assistance **
>

> "sgcfreitas" <sgcfreitas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Diana,
> > It's Sergio from Brazil.
> > I have Outlook 2003 (supposedly updated to now) on Vista Home. I don't
> > know
> > what Windows server is exacly.
> > Any way, since some months I'm receiving emails from specific
> > correspondents
> > in plain text (header + formatting info + text + attchements, decoded in
> > ASCII text, even photos).
> > I red the Hotfix Article you suggested to Dena Jo, though my situation is
> > not clearly described on it, at least in one of the cases there is a
> > result
> > just like the ones I've been having.
> > Do you think the hotfix in question is applicable to my case?
> > I would appreciate if you give any help. Thanks
> >
> > sgcfreitas
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky {MVP}" wrote:
> >
> >> We know of an issue on Vista which is fixed by a hotfix
> >> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951982) I don't see where it says vista
> >> only, so it might also work for xp.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
> >> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> >> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
> >> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>

> >> "Dena Jo" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message

email archiving...
We are looking at implementing an email archiving solution and are looking at several solutions - both SaaS and in house solutions. I am currently looking at SaaS solutions Spam Soap (as we already have their spam and virus service) and Google's Message Discovery service - and for in house I have looked at a solution from C2C Archive One so far. Can anyone recommend any other solutions you have used (or are using) and are quite happy with? We are running Exchange 2000 on a small business server. Thanks, Brad On Thu, 12 Nov 2009 15:39:02 -0500, "Brad Pears&qu...

Emailing from Outlook 2003
I can't get my Outlook 2003 to send emails from the Outbox. It works on my other computer but not on this new one. Why what happens when you try -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "jazzyjeffb" <jazzyjeffb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FDA10E2D-DFE4-4D58-8F85-0BA37F59023D@microsoft.com... >I can't get my Outlook 2003 to send emails from the Outbox. It works on my > other computer but not on this new one. ...

outlook and HTML message
I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a message in HTML and using POP yahoo account. I sent a message to myself. In my outlook I got that message with one extra line after each line break. Where to correct the problem. Is it outlook issue or my yahoo pop issue. When I send the same email to my Gmail account, in the browser it looks the same as what I sent i.e. no extra lines etc. thanks. Put your HTML message in a table cell. "abcd" <abcd@abcd.com> wrote in message news:%23F72x7JkGHA.4828@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am using outlook 2003. I have composed a messag...

Contacts 'display as' keeps showing email address even when I dele
I'm using Outlook 2007 recently upgraded from Outlook 2003 contacts. I don't like email addresses showing in emails, so I have always written 'display as' with name only in Contacts. However, Outlook 2007 has added the email address in 'display as' for everyone. When I go in to delete the email address, SAVE and Close - and go back to check, nine times out of ten, the email address is back in there. Very frustrating. Is this a known problem? Is there a fix? I just want 'display as' to simply reflect what I put in there - not what Outlook decides...

Viewing HTML in E-mail for Outlook 97
How do you view HTML e-mail messages in Outlook 97. The mail program does not have HTML settings and when I open mail that has HTML, it coverts all of the HTML to hyperlinks. So I can't see graphics, photos, etc in- line...many thanks! Dwayne Outlook 97 does not support HTML at all. The first version to support this was Outlook 98. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Dwayne &...

email does not appear in the "in box" it just does not appear at all
Outlook 2003 XP All was working well until I switched to AT&T U-Verse (my mistake). The change to their new POP3 mail servers has caused the following condition: Junk mail is received and displayed in the "junk e-mail" folder. Regular email does not appear at all, yet it can be found received on the web mail browser. Their tech support seems to be at a loss and started finger pointing. Any help here will be much appreciated. Do you have any rules enabled that could be moving things around? Are you receiving any errors when the send/receive process completes? &q...

+ (in a box) to the left of the "from" field on email
I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from field. It then posts all future emails to that original one with the + and box. How do I get rid of the + and box? "KFDUTCH" <KFDUTCH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4691B596-6262-49A0-A389-C9E2F564C67E@microsoft.com... >I hit ctrl and an h and this + (in a box) appreard to the left of my from > field. It then posts all future emails to that original one with the + > and > box. How do I get rid of the + and box? Alt V V G. -- Regards Steve. MS-M...

emails route to a public folder
Anyone can tell me how to route an email address to a public folder so everyone can check this public emails through this public folder on Exchange 2000. http://www.msexchange.org/articles/MF021.html -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "ginger8990" <ginger8990@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3BDB18F5-1079-408A-91AC-5766A60DFD90@microsoft.com... > Anyone can tell me how to route an email address to a public folder so > everyone can check this public emails through this public folder on > Exchange >...

Displaying add'l value in Combo box
I have a combo box that uses a table as its row source. When the combo box displays, I would like it to display an add'l value not in the table, e.g. "<All>" I find the easiest way is to provide a listfill function. Here's mine: Public Function AddAllToList(c As Control, id As Variant, row As Variant, col As Variant, code As Variant) As Variant ' ListFill function - use as RowSourceType for listbox ' Set listbox.rowsource to correct sql ' Set listbox.tag to (eg) 2;<<All>> to override defaults: ' 1;( All ) Static rs As Recordset...

Generating HTML
Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project and somehow generate HTML. Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. For any solutions i'de be very thankfull. Regards, Mystique Yaa >>Is there ant way to include the Internet Explorer component in a MFC .exe project You can use CHtmlView class to use Internet Explorer in your MFC application. >> Maybe first generate XML and then using XSLT templates to generate HTML. You can use MSXML to create XML document. MSXML has many interfaces that you could use for ...

Delayed Emails #2
I am having trouble recieving emails in outlook. i am recieving emails ten minutes after everyone else does and it is starting to effect important parts of my work. if someone could help at all in anyway i would really appreciate. thanks ...

Combining Text and numbers from two cells
Hi all please help i have a cell with a number such as 6000 (a1) and another cell with a text aaa- and i would like to combine them in another cell to make aaa-6000, could somebody please help me with a formula? thanks Andrew -- koba ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koba's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28639 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=492631 Hi! Try this: A1 = 6000 B1 = aaa =B1&"-"&A1 Biff "koba" <koba.1zwtbm_1134361504.8695...

Email address fields should not be formatted as a link
Email address fields in CRM are formatted in blue and underlined. This normally indicates a link in CRM. However, when users click on an email address, nothing happens. This does not meet users expectations. Email fields should either not be formatted as links or the field should perform an action when clicked on, like open up a new email in outlook pre-filled with the email address. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message...

Outlook 2000 won't delete emails
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" It says, helpfully. It leaves emails still sitting in the Inbox that I want to consign to the delete box. Oddly enough, if I go to another folder and delete something there, it will sometimes work - and then even allow me to delete a message or two from the Inbox before reverting to the error message. I've removed Outlook and re-installed it, with no improvement. No idea why this problem has arisen - it was fine till yesterday and I've not altered anything in the meantime. Any ideas? ...

get_outerhtml for the HTML element does not return <HTML>......</HTML>
//////////sample code snippet//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// hr = _Browser->get_Document(&document_dispatch); if (SUCCEEDED(hr) && (document_dispatch != NULL)) { IHTMLDocument3 *document = NULL; hr = document_dispatch->QueryInterface(IID_IHTMLDocument3,(void **)&document); IHTMLElement* pElem; hr = document->get_documentElement(&pElem); // document.documentelement.outerhtml if (hr == S_OK && pElem != NULL) { pElem->get_tagName(&bstrTemp); //bstrTemp contains "HTML" for the HTML el...

OWA not saving draft emails
I have noticed that when using OWA (Ex2003) if I want to save an email in the draft folder it does not save it. Does a setting need to be changed or is this a flaw with OWA? I have figured out the problem "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ot7Q3gvAEHA.2112@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have noticed that when using OWA (Ex2003) if I want to save an email > in the draft folder it does not save it. Does a setting need to be changed > or is this a flaw with OWA? > > ...

Print a HTML document programatically
Hi, I need to print a html docment dynamically produced at runtime, at that instance. I'm using shellexecute for this, which is popping up the Windows default PrintDialog. I want it to be printed directly. Can anyone suggest a solution or give some sample code for this. Please do reply. Thanks in Advance. Regards, Ajay Kumar Have you looked at IWebBrowser2::ExecWB? This also might be helpful: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnie55/html /wb_print.asp -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Ajay Kumar" &...

How to get conversation text from MSN Messenger 6.0
The new MSN Messenger 6.0 is using a DirectUIHWND class. I assume it's an owner-drawn list box and tried EM_GETTEXT, WM_GETTEXT, LB_GETTEXT and even SB_GETTEXT, all failed. Tried clipboard, failed too. Do you have any idea or guidance as how to approach this one? Thanks!!!!! ...

Joining text with a formula in cell
Does anybody know how to change the decimal places after using &"*" Even if the cell is set to 2 decimal places it will show the ful amount of decimals in the sum then the *. Might be something simple bu if so I cant see the wood for the tress -- Mustard Hea ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mustard Head's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1630 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27700 Hi i saw your last post 30mins or so ago and didn't really understand that o...

email #3
How do I password protect my email in Outlook? Several people have access to my computer while I'm gone and I would like to password protect my email account. Have tried but doesn't seem to work. What version? IN 2002 File>Data File Management>Settings>Change Password. Just before to write down the password and seal it away somewhere, cause if you forget it there is NO way to get back into your email. "Judy" <judyberg@sunflower.com> wrote in message news:047e01c34d7a$8bbf3a20$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I password protect my email in Outlook? Severa...

Lost the .pub file, what now?
Hi I have publisher 2000 and have made a web page and I accidentally deleted the .pub file! Is there any way I can convert the web files back into a .pub file so that I can edit the web pages? Thanks Ted You cannot go back... How are you uploading the web site? You should be able to download your web page from your server. If you haven't emptied your Internet temp folder lately, it will be in that folder too. Publisher will create temp files, your file may be in the Windows temp folder. Look here too: In Windows Explorer, on the address bar, type %temp% -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http:/...

email receive date and time changes
I don't know if this is an exchange or outlook problem. but my email receive date and time, and whether marked as unread constantly updates. I read the emails then some time later look at inbox and all the emails have new current date and time and are marked unread. how odd I'd appreaciate any help Jon Please provide the following information: 1) Version of Outlook 2) Email environment: Exchange, POP3, etc. 3) Does the user have a PST? If so, what is the size? 4) Are there any error messages/numbers? 5) Have you checked the application event viewer for any Outlook or Off...

web based email
Is it possible to use Outlook to receive and send using a web based account. I have MSN. What are the advantages and disadvantages? Does anyone know how to set it up? Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. ...

Outlook Junk EMail Filter
I'm using Outlook 2007 with Exchange Server 2003 on the back end. Cached mode is enabled. Junk Email filter is set to "Low: Move the most obvious junk e-mail to the Junk E-mail folder". Nothing is listed in the Safe Senders/Recipients list and Blocked Senders list. Outlook seems to think that ALL email NOT coming from Exchange server is junk mail. They all go to Junk folder. I got the same result when using OL2003. I thought OL2007 works better than OL2003 but apparently it is the same. Is this how the filter is supposed to work when enabled? "John" <a>...

Text Boxes and a photo
I have been struggling with this all morning and can't figure this out. I have a text box that has text centered in it. I then would like to ad a photo to the lower right of that text box which will overlap but not cover up the text. On 2 of the three pages for some unknown reason this worked but on the 3rd it won't work for the life of me. I tried everythign I could think of.. HELP!!!! Jaz wrote: > I have been struggling with this all morning and can't > figure this out. > I have a text box that has text centered in it. I then > would like to ad a photo to t...