Howto insert date&time OL 2003

Hello Group,

I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes, appoint.
etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it manually.

Example: Key-combination (xxxx) returns:  "Wednesday, July 26, 2006 1:05 PM"

Is there something like that in OL 2003?

Thank you in advance,

Manuel

0
davilanet (22)

Manuel Davila <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote:

> I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes,
> appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it
> manually.

How is it that's you're sure?  You might want to see this:
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/stampdate.htm
--
Brian Tillman
0

> Manuel Davila <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes,
>> appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it
>> manually.
>
> How is it that's you're sure?  You might want to see this:
> http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/stampdate.htm
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
davilanet (22)
7/28/2006 1:14:15 PM
It's in Outlook 2007.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
"Manuel Davila" <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote in message =
> Brian,
> I still can believe that Microsoft has not inluded this in OL, they =
have it=20
> in MS Word.
> Thank you for the link and, for reminding me of the correct etymoloy =
of the=20
> word "assume" :-)
> Manuel
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message=20
>> Manuel Davila <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes,
>>> appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it
>>> manually.
>>
>> How is it that's you're sure?  You might want to see this:
>> http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/stampdate.htm
>> --=20
>> Brian Tillman=20
>=20

0
suemvp (4038)
7/28/2006 1:33:54 PM
Sue,
Thanks for the information

"Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote in message
It's in Outlook 2007.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Manuel Davila" <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Brian,
> I still can believe that Microsoft has not inluded this in OL, they have
> it
> in MS Word.
> Thank you for the link and, for reminding me of the correct etymoloy of
> the
> word "assume" :-)
> Manuel
>

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Manuel Davila <davilanet@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm sure there must be a shortcut to insert in an email (notes,
>>> appoint. etc.) the present Date & Time with out having to type it
>>> manually.
>>
>> How is it that's you're sure?  You might want to see this:
>> http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/stampdate.htm
>> --
>> Brian Tillman

0
davilanet (22)

Outlook 2000 & Exchange 2003
We recently upgraded from Exchange 2000/Windows Server 2000 to Exchange 2003/Windows Server 2003. We now receive periodic error messages like these running the same Outlook 2000 client with SP3 installed: "Unable to load personal free/busy data. The folder you specified cannot be found." "Can't open this item. Could not open the item. Try again." "Can't open this item. Unknown error." In the preview pane the following message shows: "This file contains active content that cannot be displayed in the preview pane. Open this item to read ...

Help! Wherecondition date nightmare
ok im starting to get the hang of passing queries through the wherecondition instead of queries but this one has me stumped my code Dim stDocName, strdate As String strdate = "[Date to Arrive] =" & Me![Text28] stDocName = "Time Details1" DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview, , strdate i added a watch to strdate which comes back "[Date to Arrive] = 19/10/2007" so i no that its picking up the correct date however the report returns blank!!! i know the records are there for this date so i checked if the date formating was the same this ch...

sorting by date
I have a sheet with date amount description 12.12.06 5.00 PLUMBER 04.02.01 50.00 ELECTRICIAN ETC How can I sort into date order. When I try I get all the 2001, 2006, 2005 together but not 2001, 2002, 2003,2004 Cananyone help please Is 12.12.06 text or a date value? In a blank cell, enter ISTEXT(A1) where A1 is a cell reference to this date. True means it is text and 03.01.07 will come before 12.12.06. You can set up a helper cell, enter =DATE(RIGHT(A1,2),LEFT(A1,2), MID(A1,4,2)) where I'm assuming 12.12.06 is month/day/year. The parameters...

how can I insert a picture in a cell
how can I insert a picture in a cell, I want to put some photo's in a worksheet so that I can look them up in another worksheet. Is this possible? How do I do it? thanks in advance yakmelk Hi Yakmelk, You could insert the pictures in the second sheet and hide them. See JE McGimpsey's technique at: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html --- Regards, Norman "yakmelk" <yakmelk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:dk4s1t$hbp$1@osl016lin.hda.hydro.com... > how can I insert a picture in a cell, > I want to put some photo's in a worksheet so th...

Case Resolution-Billable Time not adding up
I am running CRM 3.0 on Server 2003. In a new ticket I have create two activities. The first activity is a phone call, and the duration is 15 minutes. The second activity is a task and the duration is 30 minutes. Obviosly the total time for these two tasks is 45 minutes. The problem that I have is that when I resolve the case, the 'total time' and 'billable time' both show 1 hour. Did I configure somthing wrong? HELP! Thanks! OK I have an update. It seems that the tasks, emails, phone calls, all add up correctly. However the 'Service Activites' do not....

Insert Title Field
How to insert Title Field on a cover page? If I would like to have the Document Title automatically updated in each chapter of the document, do I need to insert the title field in each chapter? Thanks. ...

insert an Excel spreadsheet as an appendix in a Word Document
I am creating a Word Document, in which, I need to insert an Excel spreadsheet with calulations on it into the Word Document. How do I do that? I have Word and Excel 2003. Ginni;957090 Wrote: > I am creating a Word Document, in which, I need to insert an Excel > spreadsheet with calulations on it into the Word Document. How do I do > that? > I have Word and Excel 2003. there are options available, choose best bit option for you. http://tinyurl.com/2uug89p all the best -- bala_vb ...

does office xp pro have outlook 2003?
I prefer using outlook 2003 and was wondering. No, Office XP = 2002 versions. Office 2003 = 2003 versions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "OutlooksPuzzling" <OutlooksPuzzling@discussions...

Outlook 2003 #173
Outlook will only boot one time after the machine boots up...I'm using Windows XP Pro...Office 2003 Pro. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling outlock.didn't work...I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Office 2003...still same thing...it will only on once after the machine boots and nothing afterwards...I'm at my wits end...does anyone have a sulution to this problem. James ...

Exch 2003 connect to 5.5 org
Dear All, We have exchange 5.5 organization with few site running. we would like to connect exchange 2003 to be connect to exchange 5.5 organisation to connect. 1. Will it support to connect 2003 connect 5.5 org. 2. what are the steps 3. Connectvity overWAN link 4. i guess X.400 is the best. some one pls help regds John The Exchange 2003 deployment tools will assist you with installing the Exchange 2003 server into your current 5.5 org. -- Hope that helps. ------------------------- Jaclynn Hiranaka Enterprise Messaging Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no war...

.pst from 2003 to 2000
Hi all, I have been running the 2003 Beta version of Outlook, and today the software expired. My email from the past two and a half years is trapped in unicode form and Outlook 2000 can't read it. Now beta is in reduced functionality mode I can't export the data. I'm not planning on buying 2003 until next year and there is no way I am forking out a heap of money now to get back my email. I'm posting this on the offchance that someone may know of a work- around. Thanks, Matthew None that I know of. Nor would exporting from Outlook 2003 have helped. You must use Outloo...

Insert file as a hyperlink
In Outlook 2002 and 2003, Outlook replaces the feature "Insert shortcut" as "Insert as a hyperlink" which I believe it is a good move. My question is, why Outlook still restricts this feature to be available only in Rich Text Format? Any way to allow both Plain Text and HTML Text? Please also cc to my email. Thx. ...

unwanted automated inserts in Word document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel a word typed in a Word document that is found in the address book generates an unwanted phrase - can't find a way to change this <dbdbdb@officeformac.com> wrote: > > a word typed in a Word document that is found in the address book > generates an unwanted phrase - can't find a way to change this Your questions are a little cryptic. You should provide far more details :-\ What's found in the address book?? What phrase are you getting in Word?? Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP h...

why csv fields converted into dates
Hi I have a csv file with fields that look like this ,"20-10", this is being interpreted as a date when i open it in Excel. what do i need to do with this filed in order to make Excel consider it a text? I tried replacing the double quotes with a single quote like this: ,'20-10', but that makes the single quote appear in the cell in Excel, which is not what i want. please help. thanks hilz wrote: > I have a csv file with fields that look like this > ,"20-10", > this is being interpreted as a date when i open it in Excel. Hmm, that&#...

Outlook 2003 cannot save password when prompt
Why won't my password save when the boxed is checked to save password. Outlook keeps prompting for the username and password everytime it sends and receives email either manually or automatically..... ...

Concatenated Dates?
Hi, I'm trying to solve a problem whereby dates are being transferred to their 1900 system value when I don't want them to. Let's say we have the following cells: A1 contains 01-Mar-06 [01/03/2006 with custom format dd-mmm-yy] A2 contains 15-Jun-06 [15/06/2006 with custom format dd-mmm-yy] A3 contains =A1&" to "&A2 A3 is a simple concatenation, with the intention of returning: 01-Mar-06 to 15-Jun-06 However, it gives: 38777 to 38883 So, how can I get the concatenation to use the formatted date & not the 1900 system value? I've tried all ...

How to Track Column Insert/Delete Event in Excel
Hi, I want display message box when the user inserts or deletes a column in excel worksheet. Actually, the worksheet format is fixed and I want to prohibit the user from changing the fixed format. Hence, if the user deletes or inserts a new column in worksheet, i want to prompt the user. As far as i know, there is only Sheet_Change Event available for a sheet. Appreciate your help, regards, mac -- mac_excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mac_excel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24983 View this th...

insert pdf in access form
I have an Image control on a form for displaying a graphic file whose path is recorded in a text box having been chosen from a dialog box; but I also wish to be able to link and display a PDF file. Any ideas please? -- Grimwadec Take alook at http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-1105623.php -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault http://www.cardaconsultants.com/ For Access Tips and Examples: http://www.devhut.net Please rate this post using the vote buttons if it was helpful. "Grimwadec" wrote: > I have an Image control on a form for displaying a grap...

Outlook 2003
Rules to move emails after they got sent are neither processed by Outlook 2003 nor 2003. However, to save a copy in a certaiun folder after emails got sent works properly. Same applies to rules for incoming mail. Anybody cam help to solve this issue? ...

Howto create textbox like in powerpoint
Hi Could someone tell me how to create powerpoint type textboxes? Are they windowless rich edit controls? Thanks Sachin They are rich edit control, but they have a window, they are owned by the window that they are being displayed on. AliR. "sachinkundu" <sachinkundu@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1170062520.486641.43880@m58g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Could someone tell me how to create powerpoint type textboxes? Are > they windowless rich edit controls? > > Thanks > Sachin > > They are rich edit control, but they have a wind...

Lock in current date
Help please. I have a worksheet where data is entered in a number of cells. I want another sheet to display the date the data was entered in a corresponding cell and to be blank when nothing is entered. I can get the blanks to work OK and I can get the current date with this formula - =IF('worksheet 1'!B4="","",TODAY()) - The problem is that the date changes every day. How can I write this formula to keep the date the same regardless of what day it is? Thanks in advance for any assistance! One way http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html Regards,...

Inserting Graphics
I am creating a spreadsheet into which I will place serveral images. I need those images to show their file names on the screen and when printed. Is this Possible ...

Mailbox Mirgration from 5.5 to 2003
I encountered a problem when moving mailboxs with the error message: does not have a master account SID. Please use Active Directory MMC to set an active account as this user's master account. I notice this problem with many other accounts. Can someone explain to me why this happens. With Exchange 2003 being integrated with AD all mailboxes must have an account assigned to it. Normally Exchange and AD will attempt to associate a user id with a mailbox based on the alias of the mailbox. If it cannot do this then it will say there is no account SID. Do you keep mail on the server...

Outlook 2003 Accounts
Well I lost track of the first post due to all the forums! I'll try to keep track of this one. Ok I have two mail accounts. One is a gmail account one is a verizon account. I have gmail set as the default in my "email account". However the check mark on the 'accounts' button shows verizon as the account to send with, when I 'reply', 'reply to all', or 'forward'. I have deleted the verizon software trying to get gmail to show as the sending account but that didn't help. What do I do to get the gmail account to permanently show on the acco...

MS Outlook 2003 Problem
After connecting with my internet provider, I am finding that my downloads are timing out i.e. I have 20 e-mails to download & only 4 will download prior to timing out. Also, some of the e-mails are replicated / duplicated. I did a complete scan of my system and found no viruses. Suggestions? Hi John, maybe this could solve your Problem http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#17 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "John" <john_davies@tran...