how2: show contact name and phone fields in task list

It would be useful if I could display contact name and
phone number fields in my task list.  In Simple View I've
used Field Chooser to insert these columns into the
table .. but alas! the fields are blank.  Can I do what I
want to do and .. how?
thanks

Any folder view shows only the data in that folder, even though Outlook lets
you think otherwise by allowing you to add fields from different types of
items in the folder. You may be able to accomplish what you want, however,
with a little custom VBA code. For an example, see
http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.aspx?id=566

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"John Inserra" <john.inserraREMOVETHIS@ubs.com> wrote in message
> It would be useful if I could display contact name and
> phone number fields in my task list.  In Simple View I've
> used Field Chooser to insert these columns into the
> table .. but alas! the fields are blank.  Can I do what I
> want to do and .. how?
> thanks

0
suemvp (4038)
10/5/2004 9:44:58 PM
Thanks Sue!

0
anonymous (74717)

Mail shows as read
I have a client complaining that e-mails are showing as read when they have not been read. The server is Exchange 2003 SP2. What possible reasons might cause this? Hello Andrew, > I have a client complaining that e-mails are showing as read > when they have not been read. The server is Exchange 2003 SP2. What > possible reasons might cause this? > 1) Someone else has access to their mailbox, and is reading them 2) They are in preview pane, and the option to mark messages as read after <> seconds is checked 3) They are in preview pane, and the o...

Status Reason shows completed when picklist doesn't have that option
Hi, I am looking at a report I made that grabs the FilteredActivityPointer's statuscodename field to show the string value of the status of activities and cases. Some of my activities are showing "Completed" when they are still open and against a case that is open. "Completed" isn't even an option in the picklist for Case or Activity. Does anyone know where this is getting set and why it's saying completed on an open activity? Hey Ryan, I too am experiencing some wierdness with the statuscode field, I have alot of Null values for where there sho...

font name
hello, how to get (in a string) the name of the font used in a static text control. thanx ...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Excel2000: Custom data validation and named ranges
As I didn't get any answer to my previous question on similar subject, I'll make a new attempt with somewhat simpler examples. Let's me have a custom data validation defined for some range of cells. P.e. I select the range A1:A10 and set custom validation formula as =AND(A1>=0,A1<=100). Now only entries between 0 and 100 (or empty cell) are allowed. When tested, data validation works. Now I define (the range A1:A10 is selected) a named range MyRange =$A$1:$A$10 , and modify the data validation formula (for cell A1) to =AND(MyRange>=0,MyRange<=100) Now any entry is all...

Number of posts not showing up in Public Folders
In Microsoft Outlook 2003, under 'All Public Folders, I created a folder for mail items called Support. When I send an e-mail to Support@mydomain.com, the e-mail arrives to the public Support folder, but I do not get a count like (1) showing that there is one new e-mail inside the folder. The only way to know if e-mail came in is to physically check the public folder(s). Is there a way areound this so that the unread mail in the public folders will show up outside the folder? TIA r042wal wrote: > In Microsoft Outlook 2003, under 'All Public Folders, I created a > fol...

Account does not show up in Budget
I am trying to set up a budget but Money will not allow me to select my Banking account for spend tracking purposes. The account settings page has the box checked for using the account for budgeting purposes but it still won't show up in the Budget accounts. Any suggestions? -- Thanks Flats What version? If 2005/6, Essential Budget or Advanced Budget? What are you trying to do when "Money will not allow" you to select the account? What does it say/do? "Flats" <Flats@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:696694B8-310D-4DB8-8CAD-917CECB9815B@mi...

Fonts Colors For Tasks
Is there a way in Outlook to get more than the standard color selections for fonts? I'm creating a task list with 10 different members and I'd like to have each member's task colored differently. It's true that Outlook offers more than 10 colors but some of those colors don't display well. TIA you only have the colors shown on the color picker. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/exp...

How do I show only part of a cell?
I have a lot of text in one cell. Is it possible for me to show only the first line, and then put a symbol or something that shows all the other text when the cursor touches it? Would using a comment give you what your looking for? Rgds, ScottO "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8902C125-2ED8-4FD0-B239-797A27DCE8D6@microsoft.com... | I have a lot of text in one cell. Is it possible for me to show only the | first line, and then put a symbol or something that shows all the other text | when the cursor touches it? Maybe... I put a button fr...

BROWSEINFO --> How to Show only Show only Hard Disk Drives
hi.. I need to browse only Hard drives (if there r C & D, only C drive and D drive) in my dialog. I dont Know the details. If you now the details please mail me.And another thing is upon opening the drive it should display only the Folders , and should not display Files - Navin Hello, Looks like you might need to use GetLogicalDriveStrings() and GetDriveType(). You can look them up in the MSDN help. GetLogicalDriveStrings() is used to grab all the drives on the system, then use GetDriveType() with your results which will output values like DRIVE_REMOVABLE, DRIVE_REMOTE, DRIVE_...

Automatically acknowledge task updates ?
Hi, is there a way to automatically acknowledge task updates? I did move the message to somewhere using rules but this didn't update the task itself. Background: I create a new task and assign it to someone. He accepts the task, I get a new mail stating that fact. Opening and closing that mail updates the corresponding task and removes the mail from my inbox. This is the first mail I would like to proceed automatically. At some point in the future my teammate finishes the task, which results in 2 mails in my inbox, one 'updated' and one 'completed'. At least the ...

Showing info without using comment feature? Display text without using a macro?
I have a file I'm cleaning up that I will then email to a group. There are very inexperienced Excel users there so I was hoping to make life very easy for them. I took out all the tips and extra information from one sheet because the text didn't allow for proper sorting. It seems more appropriate to have the user access the info only if they want to. But here I get stuck. My experience has shown me that comments are not easily figured out by newbies. They really don't know what to do with them without being explained. Also, no matter where I put the comment, on sorting it cou...

External meeting attendee shows up 3X in booked appointment after accepting
I have an Exchange Contact in my Global Address List from an external organization. When that external contact accepts a meeting request from me, and then I go to open the meeting to edit it, they appear in the list of attendees 3 times. Each of the instances of them as an attendee resolves back to the same Exchange Contact, and I have no Outlook Contact for them in my personal Contacts. On the test meeting I created with them today which they accepted (once) I see their name 3 times, with 2 of them listed as accepted. Their Exchange Contact is a member of 3 different Exchange Distri...

Poor Workbook Performance due to Named Ranges
Hello, I defined some named ranges in one of my workbooks. I created another worsheet that uses references to these named ranges to generate counts using the SUMPRODUCT function. The result has been unacceptably slow performance in this workbook when using the autofilter to filter by a particular value in a particular column. I have the same problem when I manually enter a value or paste a value into a cell and move off the cell. The application says, "calculating" for about 4-5 minutes. Is there any way to improve this performance to an acceptable levesl? Thank...

Tentative Meetings not showing up
I work for a major bank and we are having a problem with one of our PA's, where she is a delegate for her boss and she gets his meeting requests sent only to her. The problem is that most of them go into her boss' calendar as tentative (without her actioning them) without a problem, but the odd one doesn't. I can't recreate the problem at all or isolate it to one sender, it just happens randomly. For example one sender might send 10 recurring meeting requests for the same thing over 10 weeks and all but 1 of them will show up as tentative. I just can't think of w...

How do I set the view to only show UNread news?
I can't find it in any options. How to? View | Show Or Hide. Check: Hide Read Messages. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP Outlook Express Imperial Beach, CA "Hotkey" <noway@notnow.com> wrote in message news:eBku8K6aKHA.1596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I can't find it in any options. > > How to? > > Hotkey wrote: > I can't find it in any options. > > How to? =========================== View / Show or Hide / Hide read messages -- J. Inzer MS-MVP Digital Media Experience ...

GAL name display
Hey I have a "good" question, I have been asked to put execs names at the top of the GAL list above all distribution groups, etc. I've looked for knowledge base articles that are related to this and found nothing. If anyone knows of a way to do this or of a knowledge base article on it please let me know. It is for Exchange 5.5 Thanks That's an awful idea based on how some of the worms in 2001/2002 were working. However, change the display name for the execs and prefix them with a tilda ~ That will bring them to the top for you. >-----Original Message----- >Hey, &...

Explorer File List
Is there a way to list all files in a directory into a database in excel i.e. with a row for each file and columns of the listed file properties from explorer. See Directory List http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/dirlist/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <273e701c463e6$523269c0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > Is there a way to list all files in a directory into a > database in excel i.e. with a row for each file ...

Half inbox now showing blank messages
I don't tend to keep a lot of emails, but there are a few things that I keep. This morning, I opened my inbox and went to view a couple of older emails. Eight emails from February 2nd, 2010 through January 29th, 2010 are blank, only a date appears. I have emails older than those dates, from January 29th, 2010 to August 2009, which are only 7 emails. I closed Outlook, restarted the computer, and am still having the problem. I am running outlook 2007, I have an MSN email account, run Windows XP Media Center, service pack 3. I have not added any new programs in awhile and ...

Enter number (data) into cells but want to show different data
Hello, I want to enter the number into cell but want to show different result. For example: Cell (A1), input "1", want to show "1 - Sales forecast" Cell (A2), input "2", want to show "2 - Sales on-going project" Cell (A3), input "3", want to show "3 - Sales completed order" ..... I am wondering if I can setup that in conditional formatting, because I want to use simple number or alpha-beta in column A for other sumif/ subtotal usage. The input in column A can also use data validation to pick up from a list. Thanks. ...

range names across tabs
When a sheet of workbook A is copied into workbook B, range names of the sheet are also copied, however workbook B doesn't seem to reqocnize those imported names. How can I make workbook B recoqnizes them? Thanks, SUNAN It's just a guess, but did you try to reference those names using something like this? =Sheet1!RangeName or =RangeName I believe that when names are copied this way, they become worksheet level names and you need to include the sheet name in the reference. -- HTH, Barb Reinhardt "sunan" wrote: > When a sheet of workbook A is copied into wor...

Distribution lists #17
Is there a way either In AD or Exchange to Export out the members of distribtution lists. We are in the Process of revamping all 50 of our lists and i need to create an updated list of who is in what groups. I have tried to go into AD and do an Export but i do not see where you can export the members all you get is a list of all the groups. Thanks, you should be able to do several seperate 'saved queries' assuming win2k3 for ADUC. THen just combine the exports. "Pat" wrote: > Is there a way either In AD or Exchange to Export out the members of > distribtution ...

Subject: Journals: Import notes and assign to Contacts
I am in the process of converting Goldmine 7.0 Contact Info and Notes to Outlook 2007. In an effort to import "Notes" associated with various contacts into Outlook Journals with date and possibly the person who made the note, I have exported Journals from Outlook 2007 to Excel 2003, in order to see the format that data needs to be in order to import back into Outlook Journals. Exported Journal headers: JournalType Subject StartDate StartTime Categories Companies Duration BillingInformation Mileage Private Body ContactAddressType ContactAddress ContactName Priority Sensitivit...

IMF
I have installed SP2 on an exchange 2003 server, I want to configure IMF to run on my default smtp virtual server. Under Global settings/Message Delivery/Properties I have a "Intelligent Message Filtering" Tab. However when I go to <Server Name>/Protocols/SMTP there is NO "Intelligent Message Filtering Properties" available so I cannot not turn it on for that virtual server. What am I missing here? Thanks -- Syracuse NY Are you administering your Exchange server from the server itself? Or from your workstation? If you aren't running ESM on the serve...

show codes in body
How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and spaces like the opposite P thanks reidarT ReidarT wrote: > How can I remove the hard linefeed-sign showing in the body of an > email. In Word you have a special key for activating linefeeds and > spaces like the opposite P > thanks > reidarT Sounds like you are using Word - as your email editor. Click the paragraph-mark button on your toolbar, or go to tools | options and uncheck the "display formatting marks" option. ...