How to turn off "You should only open attachments" in Vista/Outlook 2007?

I don't want to be prompted "You should only open attachments from a
trustworthy source ..." warning in Outlook 2007 on Vista for certain file
tpes.

Unfortunately, the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox is
disabled, so I cna not remove the checkmark on it.

Is there a way to enable the checkbox?

0
none89 (807)

what file types? you can't turn it off for some attachment types.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Tom" <none@none.com> wrote in message
>I don't want to be prompted "You should only open attachments from a
>trustworthy source ..." warning in Outlook 2007 on Vista for certain file
>tpes.
>
> Unfortunately, the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox is
> disabled, so I cna not remove the checkmark on it.
>
> Is there a way to enable the checkbox?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
> what file types? you can't turn it off for some attachment types.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

I don't want warnings from Outlook 2007 when trying to open Office 2007 and
2003 .doc, .docx, xls, xlsx, and .pdf files.

PS Also, if you know, is there a way to supress Outlook 2007's warning that
an attachment has changed?

0
none89 (807)
2/4/2007 4:03:25 PM
As Tom has requested, I would like to know the same thing...

I am running Windows Vista and Outlook 2007...

I don't want warnings from Outlook 2007 when trying to open Office 2007 and
2003 .doc, .docx, xls, xlsx, and .pdf files.

Thank you,

Jim

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> what file types? you can't turn it off for some attachment types.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Tom" <none@none.com> wrote in message
> >I don't want to be prompted "You should only open attachments from a
> >trustworthy source ..." warning in Outlook 2007 on Vista for certain file
> >tpes.
> >
> > Unfortunately, the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox is
> > disabled, so I cna not remove the checkmark on it.
> >
> > Is there a way to enable the checkbox?

0
AATI (1)
3/29/2007 5:46:02 PM
I found the solution. If you turn off UAC, the checkbox is enabled so you
can remove the checkmark. Then, if you wish, turn on UAC again.

0
none89 (807)
4/24/2007 7:56:02 PM
I discovered that turning off UAC enables the checkboxes so you can remove
the checkmark.

If you wish, you can then turn on UAC again.

0
none89 (807)

How to turn off "You should only open attachments" in Vista/Outlook 2007?
I don't want to be prompted "You should only open attachments from a trustworthy source ..." warning in Outlook 2007 on Vista for certain file tpes. Unfortunately, the "Always ask before opening this file" checkbox is disabled, so I cna not remove the checkmark on it. Is there a way to enable the checkbox? what file types? you can't turn it off for some attachment types. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/...

You should only open attachments from a trustworthy Source
Outlook 2007 using Win 7. When opening attachments I get the dialogue box "you should only open attachments from a trustworthy source". The box at the bottom to make that not happen every time is greyed out. How do you eliminate that message from coming up on every email attachment. dl7266@swbell.net wrote: > Outlook 2007 using Win 7. When opening attachments I get the dialogue box > "you should only open attachments from a trustworthy source". The box at the > bottom to make that not happen every time is greyed out. How do you > eliminate...