How to trigger rules AFTER a message has been read?

I get a lot of emails (probably not the only one here...), and while i
don't have time to file them all, I DO need to look at them.

Without having to manually remember to run rules every so often, is
there a more elegant way of doing this by triggering rules AFTER
messages have been read?

Thanks!

0
cseilern (11)

You'll need a 3rd party tool to do this. I use auto-mate but there are
others.
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#special

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"cseilern" <cseilern@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I get a lot of emails (probably not the only one here...), and while i
> don't have time to file them all, I DO need to look at them.
>
> Without having to manually remember to run rules every so often, is
> there a more elegant way of doing this by triggering rules AFTER
> messages have been read?
>
> Thanks!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/22/2007 8:13:19 PM
On Jun 22, 9:13 pm, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> You'll need a 3rd party tool to do this. I use auto-mate but there are
> others.http://www.slipstick.com/addins/auto.htm#special
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "cseilern" <cseil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I get a lot of emails (probably not the only one here...), and while i
> > don't have time to file them all, I DO need to look at them.
>
> > Without having to manually remember to run rules every so often, is
> > there a more elegant way of doing this by triggering rules AFTER
> > messages have been read?
>
> > Thanks!

Thanks v much for the feedback Diane. I am trialling Auto-Mate right
now. Quite a good little app, and I might end up having to buy it. I
would still prefer, however, to figure out just how to trigger rules
after mail has been read. I am currently looking for custom Outlook
actions, but am not holding my breath!

0
cseilern (11)
6/25/2007 3:45:23 PM
I'm not aware of any custom actions that can do it, especially since rules
run on the message as they come in from smtp.

other options are 'run rules now' and writing VBA to move them.

--

> Thanks v much for the feedback Diane. I am trialling Auto-Mate right
> now. Quite a good little app, and I might end up having to buy it. I
> would still prefer, however, to figure out just how to trigger rules
> after mail has been read. I am currently looking for custom Outlook
> actions, but am not holding my breath!

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/25/2007 9:06:54 PM
On Jun 25, 10:06 pm, "Diane Poremsky" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> I'm not aware of any custom actions that can do it, especially since rules
> run on the message as they come in from smtp.
>
> other options are 'run rules now' and writing VBA to move them.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Need Help with Common Tasks?http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
> Outlook 2007:http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
> dailytips-subscribe-requ...@lists.outlooktips.net
>
> Outlook Tips:http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center:http://www.slipstick.com
> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQU...@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
> "cseilern" <cseil...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > Thanks v much for the feedback Diane. I am trialling Auto-Mate right
> > now. Quite a good little app, and I might end up having to buy it. I
> > would still prefer, however, to figure out just how to trigger rules
> > after mail has been read. I am currently looking for custom Outlook
> > actions, but am not holding my breath!

a belated thank you for this Dian.

0
cseilern (11)

Email rules??
If I set the email 'rules' option in Outlook or Outlook express to detect the word "pain", they both also pick up the word 'Painting" as well. Is there a way to prevent this? Thx ...

Rules and such like
Hi guys, I have an exchange mailbox on server so and so. In this profile i also have access to an additional mailbox called Support. So in outlook i have the following structure: Outlook Today - Mailbox - Me Inbox Calendar etc Mailbox - Support Inbox Personal folder Inbox What i need to do is create a rule that moves any message coming into Mailbox - Support, which has its own email address, to my personal folders inbox. Any rules i create will only seem to work on mail coming into Mailbox - Me. I am an owner of Mailbox - Support but i cannot the fold...

Warning message WMP11
Cant start, I got message "file wmploc.dll have ver.no 11.0.6002.18111, 11.0.6002.18065 expectet". Thanks for your support. On 5/6/2010 5:08 AM, WMP11 wrote: > Cant start, I got message "file wmploc.dll have ver.no 11.0.6002.18111, > 11.0.6002.18065 expectet". > > Thanks for your support. Open up cmd.exe as Administrator and run: unregmp2.exe /UpdateWMPVersion -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. --...

Outlook Auto Rule (URGENT)
I want setup rule in mailboxx. - When sending message , all the message will forward to another mailbox - After permently delete it this message. - This message only send to special mailbox. I am not sure setup in exchange sever or outlook itself. It need make sure all rule run on server without user open outlook. Thanks J you would be best to go to the Exchange Newsgroups as you have said you need a server side rule. -- Judy Gleeson Microsoft Most Valuable Professional Outlook www.acorntraining.com.au <111@it.com> wrote in message news:uDDkJA5uGHA.2148@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Trigger
CREATE TABLE tblA ( Symbol varchar(50) NOT NULL, APIFormat varchar(50) NULL, DataFormat varchar(50) NULL ) I would like to do the following: If a new row is added or APIFormat is edited, and DataFormat is not being updated, I would like to set DataFormat like this: If RIGHT(APIFORMAT,1) = '#', then SET DataFormat = LEFT(APIFORMAT,LEN(APIFORMAT)-1) + '0' If right(apiformat,1) <> '#', then SET DataFormat = APIFORMAT If I do the below trigger, if I don't update DataFormat, it sets it correctly, but...

'Subject' field is NOT displayed when I create new message
I am using OUTLOOK to check my home mail while in the office, hence it is not set as the "default" email handler since my office mail is gets that setting on another mail handler. However, when I try post or reply to home mail with OUTLOOK, and I can, I just have no way of entering or editing the message "subject". Any suggestions? William While in the new message window, click View | Message Header and see if the Subject field reappears. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to t...

Hibernating error message
I've get this message when turning on Microsoft word on my home laptop. How can I clear it What message? On May 27, 4:54=A0pm, MoeMrtn <MoeM...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've get this message when turning on Microsoft word on my home laptop. = =A0How > can I clear it ...

Rob...Cost update trigger
I found a post that originally included a cost update trigger that Rob had created. It updates the sales price based on a new cost. I can't get the attachment anymore. Anybody out there have the trigger? Thanks, G E ...

Trigger email
Is there a way that you can have a countdown and when the countdown reaches 0 for it to automaticly send out a email to a certian person? You will first have to determine how you are going to calculate your countdown. Then try the following: Dim strSubject As String Dim strAddress As String Dim strMessage As String Dim blSendEmail as Boolean strSubject = "Countdown reached zero" strMessage = "This is the message that will be the body of the email." If 'This is where you would put the countdown check value' Then ...

could not unregister BLM trigger
Hello: One of our Dynamics GP 9.0 clients is experiencing an unusual error message when exiting Report Writer and returning to GP. Although the error message is not priventing them from using Report Writer or GP, it is a point of interest. And, I would like to see what can be done to eliminate this message. The message is "Could not unregister the BLM trigger." Does anyone know what this means or how to eliminate it? I do not know, as of yet, if all workstations get this message or if even only just some users get this message. Thanks! childofthe1980s Hi I would sugg...

How do I solve for complement rule of P(X > or = 4.0) in excel?
Suppose that the lifetimes of TV tubes are normally distributed with a standard deviation of 1.1 years. Suppose also that exactly 30% of the tubes die before 4 years. Find the mean lifetime of TV tubes. Carry your intermediate computations to at least four decimal places. Round your answer to at least one decimal place. My question is: (a) how do you solve in excel for complement rule of P(X > or = 4.0). (b) How do you solve a z-score of -0.2533 to produce a mean of 4.7787 in excel? I have tried to find a function or formula that I can use to determine similar outcomes. Okonita ...

Error Message when Syncing Outlook 2002
I get the following Outlook 2002 error message when I go to sync my Dell Axim X51v. "Cannot synchronize 'Notes\withholding tax' with the device. It may be in use or you may not have enough device memory." This message is displayed for all 157 notes I have. I have checked the storage on the device and I have 123MB left. All files are closed and not in use. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to solve this issue? Thanking you in advance for your assistance. thom280 Tried scanning your pst-file for errors already with scanpst.exe? See http://www.msoutlook.info/q...

Outlook Express 5 Mac export messages
Hello; Trying to move a user from one computer (OS 9) to a new (OSX) and need to move messages from Outlook Express 5. I can select single messages and save as, but I cannot export nor save entire folders. Don't know where the datafile holding these messages are either. Any ideas? Neil <neillhowell@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hello; > Trying to move a user from one computer (OS 9) to a new (OSX) and > need to move messages from Outlook Express 5. I can select single > messages and save as, but I cannot export nor save entire folders. > Don't know where the datafile...

Forward Original message
Hi. In my environment I have two different clients. OL2000 and OL2003 When a plaintext message arrives to both these types of clients and I forward the message, the new mail starts with the text -----Original message------ on both clients When a RTF/HTML message arrives to both these types of clients and I forward the message, only the OL2000 has the text -----Original message----- Why is it like this? Mariah MN <please@nospam.com> wrote: > In my environment I have two different clients. > > OL2000 and OL2003 > > When a plaintext message arrives to both these typ...

Error Message 02-25-08
I'm trying to create a new form. I receive an error that says "You do not have exclusive access to the database at this time. If you proceed to make changes you may not be able to save them." In fact, i can't save them. I'm the only user of the database. I created a group of users, but i haven't logged anyone else in. Any ideas? You might be suffering some corruption. See what happens if you import everything into a brand new, blank mdb file. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If ...

Rules
I've created an Outlook rule which automatically sends a reply to senders if they have included an attachment and the email is over 200KB. This works. However I only want to send this automatic reply if the attachments are not documents of type zip or pdf. I've tried "except with selected properties of documents". This does not include an option for document type. I've treid document subject, title, presentation format, etc, but these don't work. How can I only restrict this automatic reply to only emails with attachments which aren't zipped or pdf? ...

moving rules from one system to another
I have a lot of different rules, and alot of rules that I have exported during different times from different systems and supporting different PST files. I would like to import them into a new PST file. What is the: BEST way of doing this? The EASIEST way of doing this. Where can I find more info about importing rules? I have found that even if the folder exists, if the PST is not the same name nad in the same location, that some time (I have not figured out when, becuase sometimes it seems to work) it leaves the folder to be dragged to empty. Are there any 3rd party utils that will look at...

Set validation rule for many fields with vba?
Hello, One of the functions of my database is to store survey data and allow us to clean them before they are analyzed. Some of the data are imported from another application, and some of the data must be manually entered in a form I built for this purpose. I want to set validation rules for 60+ fields, which are multiple choice questions. I want the validation rule to be " <=4 Or Is Null ", as the possible answers are 1-4 or blank. Does anyone know if and how I can do this using vba, so I don't have to enter validation rules for each and every item? I will have...

Messages stuck in Outbox #10
Sorry to cross post but I see a lot of this problem in all these groups. Although none of the suggestions have solved my problem. I have 1 PC and one laptop. Both running XP Pro Both running Office Outlook 2003 Both connected to a Router which is in turn connected to our ISDN TA The problem:- Most of the time emails will just sit in the Outbox and not get sent eventhough Outlook says that it has sent all emails. I am not wanting to delete emails stuck in the Outbox, I just want them to send. What I have tried:- Repairing the .pst file Opening the email in the Outbox and resending Moving th...

Outlook 2007
I use Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 Office 2007, Outlook 2007 Outlook 2007 - sent messages appear in "sent message" folder in different account All my sent messages appear in different folder of another account that I have setup in Outlook. Can someone help me with proper setup so all my sent messages from one account are saved in "sent message" folder of that particular account and not in another account? I have two accounts in Outlook 2007. One is my private email folder called abc folder and another one is used for biz called xyz folder. When I sen...

SQL Triggers in Headquarters
We are planning on implementing RMS and Headquarters for our multiple-store retail sales (do not have it installed yet). We are also going to have a virtual store, which will sell items from our brick-and-mortar store inventory. Without getting into too many details at this time, we have determined that the best way for us to accomplish our business needs is to have an external SQL database which will be used to keep track of brick-and-mortar store inventory and will also be used to record virtual store sales. We would then have triggers on this database and on the Headquarters databas...

Duplicate Messages #7
I have seen numerous postings on this group concerning duplicate messages being received using Outlook 2003. I also have this problem and have done all of those things that have been suggested. Still, the problem persists. I am getting very frustrated with Outlook and the need to delete three quarters of my messages since they are duplicates. Yes, now I am getting three and four copies of some messages. In an attempt to help you help me, the following is what I see and what I have done so far. 1. I get duplicates at the time of the download from the mail servers. In other words, I can ch...

reading
can anyone read publisher attachments without having publisher installed? No -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "atticus" <atticus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:332663D3-AD75-4556-AD7D-62A26EBA1C73@microsoft.com... > can anyone read publisher attachments without having publisher installed? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.774 / Virus Database: 521 - Release Date: 10/7/2004 If you want someone to be able to read what you have created with Publisher, there ...

How can I export my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007
I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook 2007. How can I do this? Thanks, Vincenzo What does Windows Mail support? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Vincenzo asked: | I've upgraded to Outlook 2007 and have transferred all my emails. | However I also want to transfer my rules from Windows Mail to Outlook ...

Outlook Express- error message
Hi, Every time I start OE it brings up an error msg box saying. OE has encountered a problem and needs to close. There is no other information or error code. I can still use OE as per normal. The only thing I can think of that caused this is Quotetracker update which I did before this error msg. Also, as there is no OE in Vista and I'm using XP, if I want to upgrade how can I transfer my messages to Hotmail, or should I transfer to another email program. I thought I could just forward the 300 msgs but I can't mark them as read in hotmail, only as unread. I think thats the ...