How to transfer Outlook files to new user installation or file server?

I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the
Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login.

I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the
new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are
there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account
details.  Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as
well?

The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes
in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over.

It appears that they are not stored with the mailbox .pst files

Eventually I want to place the Outlook mailboxes on the file server so
that staff can get the emails even if they change workstations.

Is there a way to get the email accounts to move as well?

0
voipfc (1)

Make sure Outlook is closed. Copy the .pst files. Right-click Outlook until
you get New Profile under properties. Enter the info. Then point it to the
moved .pst file(s).

It's finding the new profile link that varies. What I told you works for
Office 2000.

"voipfc" <voipfc@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the
> Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login.
>
> I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the
> new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are
> there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account
> details.  Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as
> well?
>
> The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes
> in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over.
>
> It appears that they are not stored with the mailbox .pst files
>
> Eventually I want to place the Outlook mailboxes on the file server so
> that staff can get the emails even if they change workstations.
>
> Is there a way to get the email accounts to move as well?

COM failure during client install?
I am still having problems with the install of the desktop client. My log fileshows the following 15:53:21| Info| Outlook Installer process Complete 15:53:21| Error| Outlook installer failed with hr = C0000005 15:53:21| Error| LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed.(error = 3221225477) (pstinstaller.cpp:CPstInstaller::DoInstallPst:216). 15:53:21| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Client.InstallPstAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0000005): LaunchOutlookInstallerProcess failed. at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ThrowExcep...

Quirky recent file list #2
Debra--- I do tend to open from Windows Explore more then File>Open. But I am saving the file. It's more that it is annoying when I close a file by accident and don't quite remember where it got saved on the server. Stacie -- SPenney ------------------------------------------------------------------------ SPenney's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1079 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=267592 Well, I guess you weren't the only one who wanted this behaviour changed. <g> If/when you upgr...

Opening a new instance of Excel

outlook 2007 runs slow

can't send anything in Outlook 2002

Outlook Mobile Access Problem

Linking a graph to a csv file
**Excel 2002 Hello, I'm sure this is exceedingly easy, but somehow, I'm screwing this up. I ultimately need to have a self- updating PowerPoint file (client mandates a ppt file). According to ppt's help, that means I have to use linked Excel graphs, not embedded ppt graphs. However, my programmer will be supplying me with tons of csv files. When I try to create an excel file with a data link to a csv file, it tells me that it can't update it unless I open the source file. I *can't* take the time to open each csv - there will be hundreds. What am I missing wi...

Volume logging to user
Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in an exchange organization? On Apr 28, 2:52 pm, talkinggoat <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in > an exchange organization? I found a way to accomplish my goal by opening the performance log file in Excel. It isn't EXACTLY what I wanted, but it will work. I was looking for something that could display graphs and separate the emails according to volume, that way I would have an easier time sorting out and blocking spammers. If anyone has ...

Import Palm files
Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, calendar, etc Depends what you can export to from Palm Desktop. Personally, I've found this messy. Why not just get sync software that can sync your Palm with Outlook directly? Chapura Pocketmirror or Pumatech Intellisync are two ideas....or your Palm CD may have come with this option. F. Carvalho wrote: > Can anyone help me by telling me how to import palm files > (dat files) into outlook. I want to import contact, > calendar, etc ...

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the net
How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network -- Rusty Nichols Network Support Technician The Journal folder works without Project being installed at all. It's an integral part of Outlook. What functionality are you seeking? "Rusty" <w_r_nichols_iii@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7EA79673-AE35-44D2-A09E-EBF73E7EC414@microsoft.com... > How can Journal be used if Project is not installed, or on the network How can Journal potentially affect the Exchange server, and I would like more information on Journal for a Outlook foundation class? ...

Outlook 2003

Moving 5.5 server from one domain to another
Ex 5.5, sp4 on Win2000 sp4, Mcafee VScan8, Veritas 8.6 currently in NT4 domain. Have exactly the same config in another office except this Ex 5.5 server is the bridge end. Have gone through the process of changing service accounts and that is working fine and machine is using the new service accounts to run the services, (ie using the new service account in the Windows 2003 domain), when I drop out of "abc" domain and into "xyz" domain machine comes up fine, all services start but after about 60 secs the information store stops, if I try to start it manually I get er...

MSN accounts dosen't work in Outlook.

outlook 2000 help file

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

Outlook 2002/XP Folder List view question