How to transfer Outlook files to new user installation or file server?

I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the
Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login.

I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the
new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are
there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account
details.  Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as
well?

The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes
in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over.

It appears that they are not stored with the mailbox .pst files

Eventually I want to place the Outlook mailboxes on the file server so
that staff can get the emails even if they change workstations.

Is there a way to get the email accounts to move as well?

0
voipfc (1)

Make sure Outlook is closed. Copy the .pst files. Right-click Outlook until
you get New Profile under properties. Enter the info. Then point it to the
moved .pst file(s).

It's finding the new profile link that varies. What I told you works for
Office 2000.

"voipfc" <voipfc@googlemail.com> wrote in message

> I have created a new Windows XP account and I want to transfer the the
> Outlook email files from the old logins to the new login.
>
> I have copied the Outlook pst files from the old accounts folder to the
> new accounts folder, but when I open Outlook the mail contents are
> there but it seems that Outlook does not remember the old email account
> details.  Is there a way to transfer the email accounts details as
> well?
>
> The previous email accounts are still there with the original mailboxes
> in the old logins, only the email account details not coming over.
>
> It appears that they are not stored with the mailbox .pst files
>
> Eventually I want to place the Outlook mailboxes on the file server so
> that staff can get the emails even if they change workstations.
>
> Is there a way to get the email accounts to move as well?

FRx WebPort user password
Frx WebPort users should have the ability to changes his/her own password. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=806ab111-ac02-439b-9f3c-db7c611dd30e&dg=micros...

Outlook 2K3 News Reader
Hi ya'll! I jsut upgraded to Outlook 2003. I was trying to get into the news reader as we did on Outlook XP and found that I had to add the "Go to - News" command to the Go to button. I followed the directions given in the help to do that but don't see the "news" command in the list of commands to choose from. does anyone know another way to get to the news reader on Outlook 2003? Or if not, I know there was a way to alter the shortcut to Outlook Express to only open up as only the news reader. Does anyone remember what that is?? Thanks in advance -- Bruce ...

Outlook 2007 Calendar Reminder Not Working
Though I have it selected to remind, the Reminder in Outlook does not work (a reminder pop-up doesn't appear). Any ideas?? W7U 32 Office Pro 2007 Check out this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/286166 Saidas wrote: >Though I have it selected to remind, the Reminder in Outlook does not work (a >reminder pop-up doesn't appear). > >Any ideas?? > >W7U 32 Office Pro 2007 -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-calendar/201001/1 ...

about transfer order

Outlook 2000 and Exchange
I have a situation with multiple Windows 2003 Servers. There is a domain server and another server runs exchange, terminal services, etc. Each user is set up in active directory with their groups. But it seems that Outlook 2000 has to be set up for each user on each machine individually and for users who don't have enough rights, it's quite difficult to set up at all. I know there is a way for Outlook to be automatically configured for whatever user logs in to the local machine but I don't know how to do it. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.egghead...

VBA to call file based on date
Hello, I wonder if anyone can help me with a VBA routine to check for the presence of a specific file. The file is saved on a dialy basis in the format "userfile_run_YYYYMMDD.xls" i am seeking help with a vb code that will check if today or any specified days report is generated. i guess excel can use the date format to read the specified location for the file. Thank you in advance for your help. .....Coming from Where I'm from. Dim sFile As String sFile = Dir("C:myPath\userfile_run_" & Format(Date,"yyyymmdd") & ".xls") If s...

Orphaned user
I need to delete a user who's no longer an employee. However, I've discovered that someone has already deleted the user's SQL login, and therefore I can't delete them from within GP itself. I think the safest way to proceed would be to remove the user from all of the associated tables, but I'm unsure as to exactly which tables those would be. Take a look at my article "Finding columns in tables" at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2008/03/in-past-days-i-have-found-lot-of-people.html. The column you are interested in is USERID and is part of the Dynamics ...

outlook vs outlook express #10
I have MS office 2003 basic... is there a way to shut off the Outlook Express e-mail without shutting down the news reader ? TIA JC If you launch OE from Outlook it will start in News only mode. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John C" <nospam@noway.FU> wrote in message news:DaP6f.5408$U2.3334@trndny04... >I have MS office 2003 basic... is there a way to shut off the Outlook >Express e-mail without shutting down the news reader ? > > TIA > JC > Yes, launch OE (MSIMN.EXE) with either the /newsonly or /outnews command line switches. I use the /...

Transfering messages

Outlook 2007 calendar day/week/mo view
Vista Ult When I have the current view set to Day/Week/Mo (with or without auto preview) the screen ALWAYS defaults to the Day view. I have tried resetting the view to defaults; closing Outlook and rebooting; changing the view to something else and then changin back... nothing seems to work. Thoughts? Alex Have you tried starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratch...

Publisher freezes when Outlook Open
I recently purchased and installed Office 2007 Professional with Outlook Business Contact Manager and when I try to start Publisher with Outlook already open Publisher freezes. If Outlook is not open everything works just fine. Except when I try to email from Publisher it will freeze when Outlook tries to open and send the email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The program stops responding when you try to open or to save a file in an Office 2002 program, in an Office 2003 program and in an Office 2007 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313937/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

does the /cleanprofile command line switch work with Outlook 2010?
I deleted the registry entries for Outlook without backing up my registry (as I should have), and I am now looking for a way to restore them. From my research, it looks like the "/cleanprofile" command line switch would do the trick. However, when I try it with Outlook 2010, I get an error message saying the argument is not valid and to verify it. Am i using the argument with improper syntax? Is it still available with this version of Outlook? If it is no longer supported with 2010, is there a replacement that does the same thing? Am I going down the wrong path ...

HR Position Transfers

Outlook/Exchange/Internet mail configuration intricacy...
Hi, We have two exchange servers on our organization. One is dedicated for internal usage, the other is for internet mail. Both are in separate Active Directory servers. They dont know each other. Both operate on SMTP. The problems start when I configure an user of the internal server (Outlook 2000) to connect via SMTP/POP3 to the external server. Some internet messages get into the internal server. If I set in the Transport tab that the Internet Service has priority over the Exchange (internal) then I get better results but anyway some Internet messages go to the internal server, specially w...

Windows Easy Transfer

Outlook will not open #5
Problem has not happened before. I don't get an error message or anything. It just does nothing. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Outlook 2000
When I click on the Customize Outlook Today button nothing happens. It should open up a configuration window. I've got exactly the same problem and I'm stumped. I've been through the knowledge base and found nothing. I hope someone knows the fix. >-----Original Message----- >When I click on the Customize Outlook Today button nothing >happens. It should open up a configuration window. >. > OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;8205...

The log file must be located on a shared cluster device
Hi All, Windows 2008 cluster (not R2), I've created a cluster resource AtlanteDTC (a distributed transaction coordinator resource) that has gone online with no trouble. Under "Cluster Core Resources" I've a DTC resource that I've not created... This "self-created" resource does not go online, I've opened DCOM components and find both my DTC resorces and the "self-created", my resource has the following log path: H:\MSDTC\0a43805c-a592-41f7-ad39-0292b82a9fe3 where H: is a clustered disk "self created" DTC has the foll...

Filtering outgoing email in Outlook 2003
Does anyone know if Outlook 2003 will filter outgoing mail so that it is moved from Sent Mail to a designated folder (not copied, but moved). Outlook XP does not do this, but curiously Office for the Mac has done this for years. You can do this by: - turning off the option to automatically move sent items to the Sent Item folder (Tools menu > Options > Email) - creating rules to copy specific sent items you want to your chosen folder(s) - creating a final 'catch-all' rule with no selection criteria (Outlook will warn you but will let you do this) to copy any remaining sen...

Outlook 97 vs. Outlook Express
I recently reinstalled Outlook Office 97. Since then I do not have the options of what email program I want to use in IE. I did have Outlook Express as my choice, now my only option is Outlook. How do I get Outlook Express as an option? You can change this by opening up IE going to Tools- Internet Options-Programs, there you can set your default email client. -Dave >-----Original Message----- >I recently reinstalled Outlook Office 97. Since then I do not have the >options of what email program I want to use in IE. I did have Outlook >Express as my choice, now my onl...

STM (streaming file) too big
Hi all We have just installed exchange 2003 standard and are already experiencing problems with hitting the 16Gb limit The server has only been runnning for 2 weeks! The .stm file is now over 14Gb in size even after we did an offline defrag! All users are currently running as POP3 clients and will be migrating over to MAPI integrated clients as soon as possible. Whilst i understand that the stm file contains message bodies to support non mapi clients what i dont understand is why this file remains so large after POP3 clients have downloaded all their mail. Is this by design? How ca...

Microsoft Outlook Express #2
I have five identities and I can go from one identity to another; but after 5-6 changes (from one identity to another) I am locked up out of Outlook and I have to restart the system (not Microsoft, but the operating system). I use Windows XP. Hey, I'm not actually sure about your prob, but there is a separate forum/newsgroup for Outlook Express. If you look to the left, you should see a main category called "Internet Technologies (5th main category from the top). Underneath that category should be a listing of four different Internet Explorer categories. Choose the ver...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

TRANSFER OUT TO TRANSFER OUT
I HAVE BEEN WORKING WITH RMS FOR OVER A YEAR AND HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS PROBLEM. STORE A MAKES A TRANSFER OUT AND STORE B RECEIVES A COMPUTER TRANSFER IN THE TRANSFER OUT WINDOW INSTEAD OF A TRANSFER IN. IN ADDITION TO THAT THE TRANSFER HAS BEEN CLOSED AT STORE B'S END AUTOMITICALLY AND IT IS EMPTY. AN KNOWLEDGE AS TO WHY THIS HAPPENS THANKS Check HQ Client for errors, or from HQ Manager, view the event log for that store. You'll probably find some errors at Store B on the 401 that created the transfer. I would guess that Store A used a transfer number with more than 14 c...