How to tell what folder an Opened Email is in ?

I use Google Desktop to find emails sometimes. (I have zillions saved in
Outlook in various Outlook email folders)

When Google Desktop finds the email it lets me open it in Outlook...

But... I can't tell what Outlook Email Folder it is in.

I could let Outlook search all my email folders but Google Desktop is so
much faster.

Can anyone tell me how, once an email is open in Outlook, to tell what
Outlook folder it is in?

thanks for any help.

0
Will6785 (10)

outlook doesn't have any way of showing you that information. It's better to
use fewer folders and other mail management features like search folders and
views to keep messages 'separate'.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Will" <Will@somewhere.com> wrote in message
>I use Google Desktop to find emails sometimes. (I have zillions saved in
>Outlook in various Outlook email folders)
>
> When Google Desktop finds the email it lets me open it in Outlook...
>
> But... I can't tell what Outlook Email Folder it is in.
>
> I could let Outlook search all my email folders but Google Desktop is so
> much faster.
>
> Can anyone tell me how, once an email is open in Outlook, to tell what
> Outlook folder it is in?
>
> thanks for any help.

0
outlookmvp (5838)
6/2/2006 8:17:59 PM
Hi Will,

I use Copernic Desktop Search (and feel that it is the best one out
there) and when you doa search for an email, the preview pane of the
email shows you exactly what folder and or subfolder the email is in.

Works great.

Damon

Will wrote:
> I use Google Desktop to find emails sometimes. (I have zillions saved in
> Outlook in various Outlook email folders)
>
> When Google Desktop finds the email it lets me open it in Outlook...
>
> But... I can't tell what Outlook Email Folder it is in.
>
> I could let Outlook search all my email folders but Google Desktop is so
> much faster.
>
> Can anyone tell me how, once an email is open in Outlook, to tell what
> Outlook folder it is in?
>
> thanks for any help.

0
damon7 (8)
6/3/2006 3:40:58 AM
Thanks Damon. Good tip.

"Damon" <damon7@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Will,
>
> I use Copernic Desktop Search (and feel that it is the best one out
> there) and when you doa search for an email, the preview pane of the
> email shows you exactly what folder and or subfolder the email is in.
>
> Works great.
>
> Damon
>

> Will wrote:
>> I use Google Desktop to find emails sometimes. (I have zillions saved in
>> Outlook in various Outlook email folders)
>>
>> When Google Desktop finds the email it lets me open it in Outlook...
>>
>> But... I can't tell what Outlook Email Folder it is in.
>>
>> I could let Outlook search all my email folders but Google Desktop is so
>> much faster.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how, once an email is open in Outlook, to tell what
>> Outlook folder it is in?
>>
>> thanks for any help.

0
Will6785 (10)

lost all contact & some folders
Please help, useing WIN 7 WLM, Lost all my contact, and all extra folders containing important email, have log in out a few times no difference, only significant occurrance was that i recieved an email yesterday that microsoft security essentials detected a virus and supposeably blocked the virus, then soon after this had a spam viral email that sent out a email to some of my contacts, so unpluged from net did full security scan nothing, logged back in no contacts (like new account page) and my self created WLM folders are gone!! please help First, you might consider ensuring t...

Show data form on file open
Hello everyone, I have a large CSV file I write to a CD. When someone opens the file off of the CD, I would like to have the default data form (from Data/Forms menu item) automatically opened with all fields/criteria clear. Thanks for your advice! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Item-Level Recover for Public Folders
Hi, i'm testing Exchange 2010 with SC DPM 2010 RC. For item-level restoring MS DPM suggest to use Recovery Database in Exchange 2010. It's works fine with Mailbox Databases. In Exchange we have limit to one Public Folder Mailbox Database. After backup is restoring to Recovery Database, it can not be mounted. If dismount Public Folder Database, Recovery Database bring mounted. Anybody have ideas to implement item-level restore for Exchange Public Folders? If you want to recover an item from a database to another database it is must that both of them need to ...

Shell open Notepad and write text
Hi is it possible to open Notepad and write text and let the user print or /and save the file, I tried using the SendKeys strText, True after opening Notepad but this wont work. Any help would much appreciated. Charles It seems you are having problems puting text into Notepad. Why not write the data as a text file then open the text file with note pad and print. ID = shell("C:\windows\notepad.exe c:\myfile.txt") -- joel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ joel's Profile: 229 View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.c...

Stop the duplication of all incoming emails.
My Outlook is duplicating all incoming email's, I have Home Vista Premium and Outlook 2007. I have not found a command to cancel out the duplication of each and every email. I would apreciate any help you can offer. Try uninstalling your integrated anti virus app, reboot, retest "Dbltime" <Dbltime@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97B44A9D-FFFD-4BC3-B4CB-F83B9F3FDCCE@microsoft.com... > My Outlook is duplicating all incoming email's, I have Home Vista Premium > and > Outlook 2007. I have not found a command to cancel out the du...

How to tell what folder an Opened Email is in ?
I use Google Desktop to find emails sometimes. (I have zillions saved in Outlook in various Outlook email folders) When Google Desktop finds the email it lets me open it in Outlook... But... I can't tell what Outlook Email Folder it is in. I could let Outlook search all my email folders but Google Desktop is so much faster. Can anyone tell me how, once an email is open in Outlook, to tell what Outlook folder it is in? thanks for any help. outlook doesn't have any way of showing you that information. It's better to use fewer folders and other mail management features lik...

Public Folder Replication Problem #2
I have 4 folders displaying in the Public Folder replication status window. Internet Newsgroups, OAB Version 2, OAB Version 3a, Schedule+ Free Busy Information. Status says data not available. I checked replication properties and these are set not to replicate. Some don't even exist anymore. These items appear to be stuck with no way to delete them. I'm also recieving an error every day Event ID 7200. FdoBuildCatalog halted ...., but Full text indexing is fully disabled. Any ideas would welcome. ...

Can't copy emails from public folder to my own folder?
Hi there, Server side exch2003sp1 BE & FE servers on w2k3 servers. On the BE server, created mail enabled public folder to receive emails. Client side outlook2003sp1 on winxpsp2. Now I would like to copy some of the emails from this public folder to my own inbox, however it said I don't have enough access right & check with your system admin, which is myself. In ESM, at that public folder's properties, permission tab, client permission, I've the following entries: default author administrator owner anonymous contributor Wondering what should I do to enable all...

Publisher and email
I just installed MS Professional 2003 on a new computer, I having trouble emailing a publisher document as a message. I do have the option to send as a mesage, so when I click send as message and type the email address in and click send, exit out of publisher and try to open outlook, outlook will not open up. (It is default email application) If I bring up the task manager, under processes there are two applications of outlook running. How do I fix this issue? I can email attachments without issue. The purpose of emailing as a mesages is create and send email newsletters to my customer...

outlook email #13
Could I somehow set to send a monthly email in outlook? ...

Search folders #4
Hi I have created a search folder that displays all email that I receive from a specific domain e.g. customer1.co.uk and this works well. I would like to add to this search folder any emails from suppliers that are relevant to this customer so I also have a category named customer1 and I assign this to those messages. So now I want a search folder that displays any mail where the from field (not the display name field) contains customer1.co.uk or the category field contains customer1. Can anybody advise on how to do this ? Many thanks in advance Jon "Jon" <anon@anon.co.uk...

email accounts disappear
Suddenly when i was using microsoft outlook 2003 i want to make send and recieve as usual but what happend is when i click on the arrow next to the send and recieve botton i find no email accounts they are all gone and i recieve the following msg " dw.exe has caused a problem you need to restart microsoft outlook". and after i close microsoft outlook and open it a gain every thing back to normal, but afer 2-3min the same problem appears. Help is needed Chuck Something is causing, this of course. It is unlikely to be Outlook. Outlook has no code, I'm sure, to do this ...

Outlook 2003 Error 0X800CCC0B & OX80004210B EMAIL
I have to co-workers, that after installing the 30 day free trial version of Outlook 2003, run into several errors when attempting to send email. Any tips would be GREATLY appreciated to resolve this situation. "Task 'mail.mydomain.com (1) - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0B) : 'Unknown Error 0x800CCC0B' and Task 'mail.mydomain.com (1) - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service...

AUTOMATIC FILE SAVING in a folder
I generate quiotations from a template and create a code name for each quotation in cells B7 to F7 as follows. TEMPLATE CODE XXX QUOTATION CODE BUZ 7/07/2009 abc 156 Can I save this DEFdef,..) and the quotation number (156,157,...) -- excelforautomatinginvoicing Hi, From your question its not clear how you decide on the file name nor when you want it to automatically save? What does DEFdef mean? -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "pravin" wrote: > I generate quiotations from a template and create a code name for each ...

Cannot open files in Word
I cannot open a file in Word saved in publiser. When I try it shows a window encoding, and shows ms- dos and two choices to pick from, no matter what I pick the document cannot be read.Thank for any help Frank Neither can anyone else. A Publisher file cannot be opened in Word. "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E348233B-B3F0-4CC9-9606-1640F454A88D@microsoft.com... >I cannot open a file in Word saved in publiser. When I try it shows a >window > encoding, and shows ms- dos and two choices to pick from, no matter what I > pick the doc...

Cannot open attach. within outlook

How do I Email photos?
I am unable to email photos from My Pictures (Microsoft Office 2003). I have the option to email but when I try the message I get is "This email has not been sent" and there is no means to send it. Why? Have you set up an e-mail account within Outlook? If not, then there is your answer. If you have already set up an e-mail pop3 account, are you able to successfully send and receive regular e-mails? -- Nocturnal @ http://www.randomfix.com "Cathie" <Cathie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:016ED596-5039-4A37-AF07-54344F9C8EBD@microsoft.com.....

Outlook Freezing tell Exchange service restarted.
Server: Windows NT Small Business Exchange 5.5 SP4 NOTE: The server is also a SQL server, InterBase, and a Norton's Anti-Virus server. Client: Windows 2000 Pro Outlook/Office 2000 Norton's Anti-Virus Problem: About once to twice a week outlook (on all clients 30+) will not connect to the exchange server or outlook is connecting but it's freezing on the client computers. Temp fix: Restart the Exchange service on the server. Dose any one know how to fix the problem so that I don't have to keep restarting the exchange service? I fixed the problem: I stopped the Microsoft Lic...

Who could tell me?
Hello all: I create a single document,and it is running ,and now I want to get some information on it through another application, except hWnd for CView and CFrameWnd what I could get some information for CDocument and CWinApp?Thanks. As far as running slow, it would be extraordinarily difficult to say what that is given that you haven't even told us what is "running" or "slow". You cannot access CDocument, CWinApp, or any other object from another application. Applications run in completely different memory spaces and, even if you passed a pointer, it would...

email mix up?
i have several accounts on my outlook. Two of which are through optonline.net. Sometimes when I write an email from my account the reply will end up in my girlfriends account. I am not sure why this is happening but I was hoping someone else may have had this same problem and could help me fix it. Thanks! you don't say which version of Outlook you're using, or if you have individual user accounts in Windows, but ... For Outlook 2002 with 2 email accounts.... In the email you are composing select Accounts from the toolbar and select which account you want to send from. When the ...

can't get any new email messages
Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop.ubtanet.com', Server: 'pop.ubtanet.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F what dose all this crap mean?????? this doesen't show me how to fix anyting The error "unexpectedly terminated" is usually caused by interference from an antivirus program. Which antivirus are you running? As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, a...

Missing folder and file details in listings
I am running Vista and Office 2003 on a Sony Vaio. When I select 'open' to open a file (in Word, Powerpoint or Excel), only the folder and file NAMES are being listed, not their DETAILS (type, size, etc). I have 'details' selected as my listing format. All other listing formats, such as 'tiles', appear correctly. In fact, with Tiles the file type and size are shown. If I list the contents of a folder using Explorer or select 'open' in a non-Office application, the listing details appear correct. It just seems to affect Office. The 'colu...

if this pay, please tell me .hope not swindle!
http://richptr.net/pages/index.php?refid=websp ...

Avoid warning message from outlook when open it from a form 02-18-08
Sorry for repost but I haven't see the answer.(Just back from leave).Below is my problem: I have a module to sent email from access with attachment is a pdf Access report. But when trying to display outlook new message window, outlook send a message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook.Do you want to allow this? If this unexpected,it may be a virus and you should choose "NO" I choose yes and click it,but this message will appear as many as outlook contacts listed in my form listbox.( olTo ). How to make this message dissapear? Tha...

Public Folder Replication #18
I have brought online another Exchange 2000 server. I have set the public folders to replicate from the old E2k Server. After I did this I could see the folder replicates on the new server and some of the content replicated but just a small amount (18 out of 450 public contacts). I also had a Pub Folder on the old server called expired mail which held a couple of user old email addresses that were being spammed this was a mail enabled folder, those emails user@domain.com have been deleted from that folder because they no longer need to see the emails. Anyway, the folder is still m...