how to switch off unread emails in Welcome screen

When I start up the PC and arrive at the Welcome screen - it tells me how
many unread emails I have. How do I switch it off?

I download emails by POP account to Outlook and I don't really need to know
when I start up how many emails are unread.

thanks

0
MK2 (1)

http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/winxp_unread.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"MK2" <MK2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I start up the PC and arrive at the Welcome screen - it tells me how
> many unread emails I have. How do I switch it off?
>
> I download emails by POP account to Outlook and I don't really need to
> know
> when I start up how many emails are unread.
>
> thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)

my work email
I have my user name my password and even my computer sign on name and password how can I get my email when I am at home..??? More information is needed to answer your question. Read one or more of the below links then post back. How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 How To Ask Questions The Smart Way http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html Good Post http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm "Tonya" <Tonya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A654BA39-5830-492C-8280-DF7D4CBF2DE0@microsoft.com... >I have my user nam...

HELP: Large email causes outlook to hang and Log files to grow uncontrollably
I need help and fast. I have a mailbox that has one email (a Undeliverable message) that is more than 65 mb big and everytime I try to delete it in Outlook it hangs and then my exchange log files grow uncontrollably. Once I kill outlook the log files stop growing. How on earth can I delete this email? -- Rob "I'm the only guy in NASCAR history that went across the line upside down and still finish 4th." MDBVU32.exe Its in the support tools on the cd... "Robert R Kircher, Jr." <rkircher@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:eXiz8tZYFHA.2664@T...

Can you switch a documnet from a poster to a letter?
Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you can resize the paper, but the test remains poster size. I would create a .pdf file with that poster and then using Reader, print and scale it down to letter size. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "o2binny" <o2binny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7EC493A-5E9E-4485-A710-9C5748010316@microsoft.com... > Once you created a poster can you resize it to a letter? I know that you > can > resize th...

Where can I see the email address...
...of a mail-enabled public folder in exchange 2003? Using Outlook 2002, I created a public folder called "Admin's Folder" that contains mail and post items. ESM - Public Folder - Admin's Folder - Properties, Email Addresses tab has nothing in the list. Right click Admin's Folder - All tasks - Mail Enable, I got an error "This folder is already mail-enabled". So where and what is the email address? How can I change it? Am I supposed to create public folder from ESM instead of Outlook? In ESM, right click the Admin Folder and under All Tasks it should say Ma...

email #53
how do i change my outlook 2003 so when i read an email it does not automatically delete? thanks Your previously read messages are probably just hidden, not gone. Check View | Current View -- is it set to "Unread messages"? If so, that explains the problem -- when you reply to a message, it becomes "read" and so it disappears when an "unread messages" view is set. Change the view back to Messages and your hidden messages should reappear. Also, make sure you're not sorting your Inbox on the Icon column, which can also appear to hide messages. -- Jocely...

Automatic weekly emails
I tried to figure out how to set up an automatic biweekly email, but since I couldn't, I went ahead and setup a task (it does give you the option to set up a recurrence). However, today is the 3rd week and the task didn't show up. Could it be that it doesn't send another one until the first one is checked "completed?" I specified that it was not important and that no one needed to reply... After reading a reply from Harvey Yancey on a similar question and his suggestion of using VBA, I looked through my Oulook email options and could not find "VBA" so we must...

Hi, I have the following strange behaviour woth Outlook on Windows 2000: David forwards me an email, that he received from Bob. David also CCs Jack and Jill on the same forwarded email, but Bob is not on the CC list. When I hit Reply all, among the receivers is Bob! (Beside David, Jack and Jill, who should really get my reply.) Why does Bob get on my Reply all recipient list - if he was not among the receivers of his forwarded email, sent to me by David? Thanks! Nick I can not reproduce that here. Bob should not be in the reply-all if he was not on the CC or TO list of the message. ...

So why are YOU switching or not switching to Quicken?
I have seen many posts from users who have switched to Quicken and others who have no plans at all to switch to Quicken. I have used MS Money for 10 years and didn't activate Money Plus until this year so I will get updates until the bitter end in Jan 2011. I'm hoping this thread will be useful to discuss reason(s) to switch or not switch that people might not have thought of by themselves. So here the reasons I have come up with for why someone would or would not switch to Quicken. What's yours? Reasons for switching - Upset Microsoft discontinued Money - Your onlin...

cannot send the email
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Fw: New Altium Order Form', Account: 'pop.secureserver.net', Server: 'smtp.pcb-graphtech.com.sg', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 587, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Did those settings ever work for you? While testing the smtp.pcb-graphtech.com.sg server I found that it does = not respond on port 587. It did respond on port 25, but that won't help you because your local ISP is likely to block port 25 access to other = servers. Based on the account name, it appears you have a rela...

email sits in outbox outlook 2002
Hi there I am having some troubles in my Outlook 2002/XP. The email sits in outbox and will not send unless I s/r again. I have tried all the fixes on the newsgroups but no luck. Help please :) Oh ya I am working online. Thanx Tim Have you checked under Tools > Options > Send tab and made sure that a checkmark is in the box beside Send Messages Immediately? Just a thought. "JT Hazell" <jthazell@gmail.com> wrote in message news:26cd209f.0409281121.283e3ae4@posting.google.com... > Hi there I am having some troubles in my Outlook 2002/XP. The email > sits in o...

how do i send email through outlook2003 from command line
anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: See Help in Outlook, using "command line" as the search string. -- Brian Tillman ...

Have switched to Apple Mail!
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Too many problems with syncing, missing email, etc. etc. <br><br>I've now switched to Apple Mail and it works WAY better! How easy was it to transfer all your old email and folders? 2008 was a big disappointment for me because I only got 1 minor feature I was waiting for (thesaurus access) and the HTML editing that nearly everyone asked for since 2004 came out was still missing. In fact, like Office 2007 on the PC, the user interface (in the other office applicat...

Unread items in calendar will not dissappear...
Hello, I am trying to remove the Items that appear in my Calendar as Unread.... There is nothing in my calendar. I look through the different views\catagories and I still can not see any "Items to remove". I Right Click my mouse to selete "Mark All as Read", but this still does not change. I still see 23 messages that are unread. Any help would be gret.... Thanks Michael Have you tried opening Outlook with the /cleanreminders switch? http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/commandlineswitches.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ htt...

How to parse out customer email addresses?
I don't see where the email address is available in any of the reports (including crystal report fields) such that I can dump all of the available customer email addresses to a file to build an email distribution list. Any ideas? Thanx! -=RFM=- hitman, If you are the M$ support plan, there is a Customer List with Email address report in CustomerSource. http://tinyurl.com/42qqo -- * "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD42FC6B-A9CD-4F77-A110-DE6AEB41572B@microsoft.com... I don't see where the email address is available in any ...

lost emails 02-09-10
Hi, this is an interesting one (i think). I am contracted to a dpt, when i arrived i was directed to use a drive to store my .pst files on. Turns out it was the wrong drive as it has limited capacity. I have been dragging emails into these folders for the last 6 weeks not knowing that they were not sticking, as the drive is full!!! When i drag them there i can see them, but when i restart outlook they are gone. I received no warning etc, but now i cannot find 6 weeks of emails. The destination drive has since been reconfigured, but i still do not have those 6 weeks of emails. Thi...

Drag and Drop Emails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Within entourage, when I drag and drop an email from my inbox to another folder, it &quot;copy/pastes&quot; it instead of moving it permanently so it stays in the original location where I was trying to move it from. Seems the only way around this is to right click on the email and select &quot;Move to&quot; and then select a folder (but I have dozens of folders and this is not quick at all). <br><br>Is there a way to change my settings so when I drag and drop emails, it's a &am...

Setting up Email alerts in Outlook 2002
How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. Thanks David Hi David Tools > Options > Preferences tab > Email Options > Advanced Email Options > Check the required box(es) under 'When new items arrive' K "David" <dcpouzar@ediplungerlift.com> wrote in message news:035401c3c4da$ce365e10$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do you set up incoming email alerts in Outlook 2002. > > Thanks > David > ...

Copying Excel Screen Shots Into PowerPoint
I am trying to copy screen shots from Excel into PowerPoint and the only paste special options I am given are bitmap and device independent bitmap. Both of these options produce a fuzzy graphic. Is there anyway to copy a screen shot into PowerPoint and be able to paste special as a picture Thanks. Hi Barbara Have you try to select the cells and when you are holding down the Shift key use Edit>Copy Picture in the menubar -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "Barbara" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8CE...

/3gb switch
On 2 brand new Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 installs, I have modified the boot.ini file to include the /3GB /USERVA=3030 Exactly as instructed on the knowledgebase. However, I still recieve the memory settings warning whenever the servers boot up. Any ideas? The following KB article should guide you through some other settings that can be modified to optimize memory usage. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=815372&product=exch2003 -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Jorge Azcuy" <Jorge Azcuy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25EA3E6F-C66F-478A-...

Email Duplication for single user only
I have having a problem with a single user that is receiving a duplicated email off another user everytime its sent. This is the only one it happens too but it's consistent every time.The sender is only sending to one email address no aliases no cc, bcc etc. This is happening on MS outlook 02, pop3 accounts. within the network. ...

switching
I am considering switching to MAC I recently bought Office for my PC. Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double cost? thanks David In article <221401c49ca8$945b59b0$a401280a@phx.gbl>, "David Knopf" <knopfd@woh.rr.com> wrote: > I am considering switching to MAC > > I recently bought Office for my PC. > > Do i have to re-purchase for MAC or are there any program > from Microsoft to assist so i do not incur the double > cost? Unfortunately, there's no discount/switch ...

problem sending emails 04-25-10
i looked up the POP3 and SMTP server information but when i try to send emails it gives me this error. The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. Account: 'pop3.live.com', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server R...

Displaying From option when replying to email or in new email.
I have several accounts set up in Outlook 2003. I want the From option to appear to display my email account which is being used to send new or reply email. I also want to display emails recieved ordered by recieving email account. I don't know which email message was sent to which of my email accounts. I want to thank all who will reply to this question. ...

Please Add Transaction Search
I like Money better than Quicken. We decided to try Quicken 2007 this year and we still like Money better. Please just add one feature to Money 2008: >> Transaction Search Box - All screens. Would like to type in amount or any text and find all hits. In current versions of money, you have to type Ctl-F, choose Advanced, click Next, choose Amount, type the amount, click Next, etc. Thanks, Larry ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button ...

CRM Email is not functioning
I have setup CRM and everything works fine except for the email. My current configuration consists of 1 server running windows Small business Server 2003 with Exchange 2003 with SP1 and another server running Server 2003 Enterprise Edition with CRM and SQL. I can setup general queues that work for everyone and email successfully comes in. But when I attempt to send emails through crm I get the error below: Unexpected Error An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administrator. I have read some of the threads that Exchange SP1 may cause some problems can anyone ple...