How to store a contact in the order of Firstname Lastname?

I remember most of my contacts by their first names.  So I
wish I can sort contacts in the order of their first names.
But Outlook 2003 does contacts in 'Last name, First name' by
default.  How to change it?
0
classic (1)

Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"classic" <classic@music.com> wrote in message
>I remember most of my contacts by their first names.  So I
> wish I can sort contacts in the order of their first names.
> But Outlook 2003 does contacts in 'Last name, First name' by
> default.  How to change it?

0
russval (3097)
> Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options.

How about in Outlook 2000 (IMO)?

> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]
> "classic" <classic@music.com> wrote in message
> >I remember most of my contacts by their first names.  So I
> > wish I can sort contacts in the order of their first names.
> > But Outlook 2003 does contacts in 'Last name, First name' by
> > default.  How to change it?

0
Peter
2/10/2005 1:56:16 PM
Can't remember.
Version is too old.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Peter D" <please@.sk> wrote in message
> "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> Tools > Options > Preferences > Contact Options.
>
> How about in Outlook 2000 (IMO)?
>

>> Russ Valentine
>> [MVP-Outlook]
>> "classic" <classic@music.com> wrote in message
>> >I remember most of my contacts by their first names.  So I
>> > wish I can sort contacts in the order of their first names.
>> > But Outlook 2003 does contacts in 'Last name, First name' by
>> > default.  How to change it?

0
russval (3097)

I want to add contacts to the All contacts category
I am trying to setup a contacts list that will allow everyone in my office to view addresses from a single address list... it will contain people on the system and people who are not a part of our organization. Like Judges, Doctors, etc... I have added an address list under "all address lists" then "all contacts", but I cannot add anything to it...I tried to give myself permission to add but each time I try it says "you cannot create entries for this Address Book"...I tried to logon as administrator but there is no email for that account and so I can...

Multi Store Vouchers
I do not see a way for this to work. I want to be able to give out store credit to our customers but there does not seem a way to make this work for multiple stores. In a single store setup everything is stored in the Voucher table. These vouchers are uploaded during the HQ synchronization but each store does not have access to other stores voucher's. Does anyone have any insight on how I could get this resolved? Thanks, Dan I take it you are trying to issue Store Credit for returns, not actually trying to implement a voucher system for gift cards/certificates. If this is corre...

Contacts & E-Mails
I am getting ready to format my hard drive, and I am trying to back up my contact list, and several E-Mails I want to keep. I cant figure where to go to get the files I need to back up. Thanks for any advise. Export your Emails / Contacts to a Vcard to contacts or to a .pst file for everything. Copy it to a CD or a floppy if small enough. I hope this helps "Jim Dahl" <jimdahl@comcast.net> wrote in message news:012501c3c810$989ec600$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am getting ready to format my hard drive, and I am > trying to back up my contact list, and several E-Mails I &...

Stored Procedure error message
Hi, I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, tables are creating properly. But the issue is after login into Great Plains I am getting the following error "The Stored Procedure GrantAccess() of form Sql maintenance : 69: pass through Sql returned the following results :DBMS :15151, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0" Any Idea Please... Jack Hi Friends, I got the solution my slef and issue has resolved.. Thanks, Jack "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I have written scipt in Dex to create tables. After I have added chunk file, > table...

Variable number of entries per field in contact report
Hi, I'm not a db programmer, so this is painful. I'm creating a directory for our church. Singles, couples, families. I've got it all working except that if a family has more than one child, the family is getting one report entry for each child. How do I format the control so that if there are multiple children, all are printed in a horizontal field at the bottom of the family's entry? I have the children in a subtable with two fields, Child and Birthdate. They're linked to the ID of the family's db entry in the main table. The no code solution is to bu...

Exch 2003 store.exe terminates when ESM Replication Status selected
Exch 2003 SP1 on W2K SP4 - had been 5.5 until moving to Exch 2K swing server. 5.5 removed and Exch 2003 SP1 installed, seemingly OK. Weird problem - if I click on ESM->Administrative groups-> group ->Servers-> server->First Storage Group->Public Folder Store(server) and then click on Replication Status, after a delay I recieve a popup saying, "An error occurred while retrieving the requested information. The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is not running or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is unavailable. ID no: c103047d Exchange System Manager...

HQ/Store date mismatch
We just deployed our 3rd store and eveyrthing was working fine, transactions were being uploaded and everything. Then, the store ops DB computer got moved, and I guess at some point someone changed the date on the computer to be a month in advance. Now, all of our transactions from 4/25/2006 to 4/27/2006 are actually in the DB as 5/25/2006 to 5/27/2006. I just discovered the problem and changed the date on the Store Ops machine, but I don't know what the best way to fix these transactions is, or if it is even possible. What I'd like to do is go change all of these transac...

Outlook XP autofill To field
Outlook XP ... When typing in names in the To field of new messages Outlook will start to show names that have either already been typed, sent to or appear in the Contact list. Where is this "autofill" list kept? Is it user accessible? I'd like to get rid of some of the names that are not already in my Contacts. You can just use the down arrow key to highlight a name that is incorrect or whose address has changed and press delete. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding ...

Average Sales per Store
Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for Department and Category if possible. I have tried to modify it myself, but I'm a beginner at this and I keep coming up short. One other thing that may be useful is if it can summarize by date also - would be nice to see how the values change over the course of a week or so. "Jason Kelton" wrote: > Need help modifying the RMS "Average Sales per Store" report that is found in > CustomerSource. Would like to add filters for D...

Store Credit multi Store
Good Day, Can someone give advice about how to set up Store Credits for a multi store enterprise. Currently the client use store credits/vouchers at store location only and can only redeem a Store Credit where it was issued. We would like to set it up so that they can redeem a store credit at any store location no matter where it was issued. Three stores connected via HQ. Thanks in Advance. I believe you can set up an account type and call it 'store credit' or something, then when you enter the new customer information for the person receiving store credit you simply assig...

Automatically Add Address to Contacts
This feature was available in OL2000 when you replied to someone. Can this be done in OL2003? -- John Harris (Harry) Computer Troubleshooters - Hornby Christchurch New Zealand No version of Outlook had this feature except Outlook 98/2000 in IMO mode. You'd have to create a feature like this with code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John Harris" <johnh@antispam.comptroub.co.nz> wrote in message news:ueDWZH8mEHA.592@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > This feature was available in OL2000 when you replied to someone. ...

Public Folder Store Present on Front-Ends
I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started queueing up and did not start again until I mounted the stores. Why would this be when Microsoft recommends it and what does the PF store have to do with mail flow? I am running Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Tyson <Tyson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I ran the EXbpa and it said that it is recommended to dismount the Public >folders stores on my front end severs. When I dismounted them mail started >queueing up and did no...

Outlook Contacts #9
I lost my Email Contacts when I reloaded WindowsME. Anyone know if these can be recovered ?? Look for a file with a .pst extension. This has all of your Outlook information including tasks, calendar information, mail, contacts, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wiegs asked: | I lost my Email Contacts when I reloaded WindowsME. | Anyone know if thes...

Copying hotbuttons from store to store?
I have 10 hotbuttons set up in one of our stores and need to copy it to 8 other stores. Is there a certain file I can copy instead of remaking them for each store? Thanks ...

CRM contacts vs Outlook contacts
Is there any way to sychronize the two? If I created a customer in CRM, I do not want to update a record in two places, especially if it is a business contact, and there is a chance that someone else will update it without my knowledge. Just for the record, at the moment, our organization is not planning to use offline version of Outlook client. This synchronization is handled by the CRM for Outlook client. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev" <mkatsev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:097228B0-9D87-4420-8B10-FD1F22C0A353@microsoft.com... Is ther...

Serach duplicate and merge or delete contacts
is there a way of searching the duplicates and merge or delete these contacts in outlook? Use one of the free tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#dupe -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Vishal Sheth" <Vishal Sheth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D4F5929-B03F-4BAA-B525-22AD3338CE18@microsoft.com... > is there a way of searching the duplicates and merge or delete these > cont...

Custom views
I have vers 2002 SP2 When I open an prev backup outlook.pst file, everything seems to be there, including my custom print styles, EXCEPT MY CUSTOM VIEWS ARE MISSING FROM THE VIEW/CURRENT VIEW MENU! Are they not included in outlook.pst file? This has happened twice to me, once a couple of versions ago ...

New stores exported from HQ get original store's configuration....
In a headquarters / store operations environment, are configuration settings "centrally maintained data" that get exported from HQ when a new store is created from HQ? In other words, do the new stores get the configuration settings assigned to the first store in store ops manager - file - configuration - accounts/ordering/inventory/options/etc tabs....? Thanks for any insights. the short answer is no. But it does get some (finding this out as we go). Inventory yes, Ordering dependson what you mean, accounts yes you can send that down, options no. "convoluted" w...

Restoring Exchange Store files to a new server
We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire exchsrv directory from the server. What files do I need to copy to the new server to get all of my exchange mail/public folders/etc loaded on the new server? Thanks, CJ What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1160176822.798021.310710@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > We had a major system crash this week but I was able to grab the entire > exchsrv director...

default store for mailboxes?
I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for the disabled accounts and the Admin account. I created a user in AD "Users and Computers", but the user isn't showing up in either store under the Exchange Admin tool. Do I need to specify which store is the default for newly created users? (Exchange 2003 Enterprise) On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:16:02 -0800, Cwhitmore <Cwhitmore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a second mailbox store that I moved all of my users into except for >the disabled accounts and the Admin account. >...

How to obtain a certain order in categories, accounts...
I like to have my income and expense categories, accounts etc. appear in a specific order based on how I like to review my financials rather than as the default alphanumerical sort MS Money 2007 uses. For example, I'd prefer to have my expenses appear as: Tax Rent Food .... and not as Food Rent Tax which the standard alphanumerical sort will do. Is it possible to define the default sort order somehow? The workaround I'm using is to assign prefix numbers to all categories, accounts etc. to force through a specific sort (i.e. "1 Tax", "2 Rent", "3 Foo...

Recreate stores on a/a/p 2003 cluster
After a SAN disaster (don't ask!) i've got member nodes and virtual servers up running with new disks, but all stores are unmounted as the files were lost during the crash. For a Legato Networker restore it seems that the database files are required to be present. What is the recommended way to recreate the .edb and .stm files? I'm not happy with running setup /disasterrecovery on an otherwise healthy cluster unless I have to. Ole Thomsen FUT: microsoft.public.exchange.clustering ...

No contacts found with WDS3.0/OL2007
Hello, Outlook 2007 and WDS 3.0 installed. Searching for messages works perfectly. However, WDS seems not to find any contacts when I search for them in the contacts folder. I have not found any specific setting to enable contact folders for indexing. Thus I assumed that the whole contents of the PST and OST files are being indexed. Do I miss something here? Thanks for any pointer Dan ...

Store Credit Without Sale
I have a 3 day special 5% off on all item, but I have some customers in the store with a credit that has $20 and it say's no special sale or discount with this store credit on any items. How do I override the 5% sale, so the customer won't get the discount on those days. Can anyone help. Do I need to put a barcode or do something. Hi Al - Scan the items, then go to shift f3 discount - select discount off RETAIL - percent zero - ok - this should remove the sale price from the receipt. Hope this helps... "al" wrote: > I have a 3 day special 5% off on all ...

Outlook 2000 Contact Activites Tracking Slow Search
When tracking activities for my contacts in Outlook 2000 looking up the activities for a contact is very slow because Outlook searches for the items each time. I understand I can speed this process by limiting which folders it searches. I would prefer to keep track of all items. Is there anyway to keep the search results (an index) so it only searches for new items? No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "mikel" <mikel@discus...