how to stop sync messages in Outlook 2003

I'm support for a few hundred users who have size restrictions on
their mailboxes. I'm getting some reports that when they're trying to
clean-up they are finding that there are megs-worth of messages in the
Sync Issues folders. Is there way to turn off these messages
altogether?
0
wmarti (1)

error message #102
OS is MS Windows XP Pro, Outlook is v2002, Photoshop is PS4. When using Adobe Photoshop 4 I get an error message exhorting me to make MS Oulook my default email client. I don't use Outlook for email...how can I prevent this message from appearing every time I open an item in PS4? David Hamer "David Hamer" <dhhamer@comcast.net> wrote in message news:L9ydnYi3c62as9zZnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@comcast.com... > When using Adobe Photoshop 4 I get an error message exhorting me to make > MS Oulook my default email client. I don't use Outlook for email...how can > I &...

Sorting by unread messages
In Outlook 2002, when I go to View, Current View, and choose by unread messages it is supposed to only show me the unread messages in my inbox. Instead I may get a few of them but not all of them, and sometimes none. Can this be fixed? Have you tried resetting the Unread Messages view? View | Current View | Define Views, select Unread Messages and click Reset. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:bad601c479b1$ff8b0650$a301280a@phx.gbl, Jason wrot...

Where is the .ost file ? Outlook 2003
I want to use the inbox repair tool. I did find the scanost and scanpst files in the "1033" folder on my HDD. I wanted to use the scanpst file to scan .ost as you can scan either file, but when I searched for the location --- ending in microsoft\outlook ---- there wa no .ost file. I also scanned my HDD for .ost could not find that extension. And I do run in cached mode. I did use the scanost, but also wanted to use the scanpst tool drill to the location of the .ost file, change the file extension and run. Thanks, Bob Did you check this directory? C:\Doc...

Outlook will not remember password
Just upgraded from Office 2002 to 2003 and now outlook will not remember password, everytime send/recieve starts it asks for it again. Have tried everything including deleting and reinstaling Office. Please Help! For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win 98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q290684 For Outlook 2000 on Windows 2000: (CW) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q275465 (IMO) http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q259416 For all Outlook versions on Windows XP (just ignore the parts that refer to Outlook Express)...

Further to 2003 home page
How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it from the account it is transfered to Best to keep the discussion in one thread. You never did give enough information to understand the first issue--why's a transfer showing as income somewhere in Money--so it's premature to address this one. "Dv.towle" <Dvtowle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:90B0A83B-B1D2-49BF-B1BB-73A8E8DFCA8C@microsoft.com... > How do I remove the trasaction from showing as income without deleting it > from the account it is transfered to &qu...

Report problem using Vista and Access 2003
I have Office Pro 2003 and I am running Vista. I am having problems creating and/or opening Reports in Access 2003 for an existing database or a newly created one. When I request a print of an existing report nothing happens. I cannot even see the report in design mode. When I attempt to create a new report with the Wizard it takes me to the very end and then indicates that the process cannot be completed. The design mode will not even display Is there a configuration issue that must be addressed? Just a wild guess: Do you have a default printer set up? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft ...

Hyperlinks in outlook messages open with media player
Hi, Whenever i try to click a hyperlink from an email in outlook it tries to upen it with media player. Any help on how i can resolve this would be helpful. ...

Outlook 2000 delete message
I am having trouble deleteing a message in Outlook 2000. The message is pending in the outbox, and will not be deleted. The message has an attachment, and the address is incorrect. When I try to delete or move to the deleted folder, nothing happens. If I try to open the message, I get an error message saying the MAPI-spooler has already started the transfer of the message. (The message will print) This message is blocking the send/receive function, and I am unable to use Outlook. I have tried to uninstall Outlook, but the message reappears after reinstalling. Please help, any sugg...

stops responding

Auto Text in Outlook 2007
Hi, I use Auto text in my emails for the long words that i am constantly writing. I can seem to find this function in Outlook 2007. Or any of the 2007 products. I have seen "Quick Parts" which is fantastic but not exactly what i need, any suggestions... Thanks Kama <Kama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I use Auto text in my emails for the long words that i am constantly > writing. I can seem to find this function in Outlook 2007. Or any of > the 2007 products. I have seen "Quick Parts" which is fantastic but > not exactly what i need, any sugg...

Remotely Viewing Outlook Profiles
I ran into a scenario where knowing the Outlook Profile configuration was useful, ensuring the customer did not have a POP3 configuration for their account in addition to their Exchange account (there by generating duplicate emails). After some research I found that it is possible to review a section of the customer's registry for all the stored profile information. The location in the registry on the customer's machine: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles When accessing this section remotely it will be in the form/path...

Message Rules & Junk Email filter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01C452CD.6D07FD70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Friends, =20 I am using Outlook 2003, and I created some "Message Rules". =20 The problem is, unlike in Outlook Express, the email is getting "copied" = instead of getting "moved". =20 So if I have message rule 1 (Family), which is=20 =20 - if message is from familymember@domain.com, an email gets copied to = 'Family' folder.=20 =20 Then, for message ...

Some address lists may be missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cac
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836723/en-us The above MS article mentions Outlook 2003 SP1 fixes the issue with regards to some address lists missing when you use Outlook 2003 in Cached Exchange Mode; Problem is we're already running the recommended Service Pack and we still have the problem. Any ideas? Thanks Brett Have you checked permissions on the address list to make sure that people have the rights to view them? Nue "Bretto" <Bretto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC220AA-F13F-474F-B21D-328DB1DD78E1@microsoft.com... > http://support.m...

error message
Message: An error occurred while establishing the Dial-Up Network connection. Do not understand why I get this message when I open Outlook Express 6. I have a cable connection and I am not on a network. Please explain. Thanks. Please follow up with your original post in the OE6 newsgroup. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Joni" <me@spanfree.com> wrote in message news:%23Z6FSDKxKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > > Message: An error occurred while establishing the Dial-Up Network > connection....

Outlook SpamPal Disfunction
I ave Office XP (Outlook 2002) & OE6 on a W2K machine. OL is my default mail reader and OE is my default news reader. I normally read news after mail by choosing View\Go To\news on the OL menu bar. The problem is that the settings to access the incoming mail pop3 server work for OL and for OE if you opened each on their own but when you go to read news on OE via OL, OE all of a sudden can't find the incoming pop3 server to log on. The account settings are OL mail account and OE news account there is no option to put a mail account on OE as OL is the default mail reader and I believe...

blue stop screen 0x0000007E

Outlook 2003 not opening with my pst files
I'm feeling lost - please help explain a problem showing my 'regular' Outlook 2003 (on my laptop) folders (contact/calendar/tasks). We have a work server setup which looks exactly like Outlook 2003, and my 'mailbox' folder shows the Outlook Today home page. Also when I open Outlook on my desktop, the folders default to basic descriptions (not "personal") and there is nothing in them. How can I set the default to always use my personal files, and ONLY use the server version to retrieve my mail? Thanks. ...

OneNote 2010 sync to mobile device
I just upgraded to Office 2010 from 2007. My OneNote was syncing just fine with 2007, but it does not sync with 2010. Will it sync? What needs to be done? If not, then what steps are needed to downgrade OneNote 2010 back to 2007 ...

Code not moving through messages
The code below archives my messages into a local folder. What I want to do is to have each message stamped with an 'Archived' noted so I know it has already been done and have the code skip that message. The problem I am having is that the 'Archived to" string is only inserted into the message body that I have selected when I exectute the code. If I have no messages select, none of them are altered. The messages save ok, but what am I missing that keeps the itm.Body from being updated? Sub SaveMessages() Dim OL As Application Dim NmeSpace As NameSpa...

recipient policy stopped working

IMAP & Segmented Messages
Greetings, When a broken apart message is retrieved in a POP account it is combined on the fly. This does not happen in an IMAP folder. How does one combine such a message? Thanks in advance for the help -- KGNSheppard KGNSheppard <KGNSheppard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When a broken apart message is retrieved in a POP account it is > combined on the fly. As far as I know, Outlook doesn't do this. I've never seen it automatically combine multipart messages. -- Brian Tillman "Brian Tillman" wrote: > KGNSheppard <KGNSheppard@discussion...

outlook 2002 #101
desperately needs help! i set up a new account in outlook 2002 and i got an error message that said " unable to log in to incoming mail server" and i was unable to send test email after clicking on the "test settings " button. i checked my username and password and the pop and smtp settings and they're fine. what seems to be wrong ? ...

Tracking changes on OUtlook 2000 reolys
We are not able to turn on the tracking changes under Outlook 2000. It works fine under Word, but Outlook has it greyed out. We seem to have the same problem with Outlook 2003. Outlook 97 works just fine. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

delete messages
I access the newsgroups via a News button on my outlook taskbar, this then opens the newsreader (outlook express). I have selected tasks; options; maintenance and then ticked "delete new messages 28 days after being downloaded" but they are still there. If I try to access these old messages then there is a line through them saying "no longer available". Can anyone tell me how to clear them from the page? Delete and or backspace does not do it. Thank you. If you don't get an answer here you may have to repost your question to an Outlook Express newsgroup. If you h...