How to start Word in Printlayout instead of Weblayout.

I'm using Outlook 2003, with Word 2003 as my text-editor.
When I start a new email, Word starts in Web-layout.
How can I set Word to start every time in Printlayout?

0
rickie (6)

Try opening Word by itself, switching to Print layout, then closing Word.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Ricky Gibson" <rickie@apd.nl> wrote in message
> I'm using Outlook 2003, with Word 2003 as my text-editor.
> When I start a new email, Word starts in Web-layout.
> How can I set Word to start every time in Printlayout?

0
suemvp (4038)

Starting up on start-up help!

Excel date field link to Word
I have an excel spreadsheet linked to a word document. The word document justs posts numbers if I use a date format in excel. If I format excel as text it displays the date as entered MM/DD/YY. Is there a way to keep my excel date format and have word display date in text and numbers, like"July 13,2005" See "Date-Time Picture (\@) field switch" in Word Help). In article <841B0C47-552D-447C-B1E8-BDB7B646859D@microsoft.com>, "Earl" <Earl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have an excel spreadsheet linked to a word document. The word do...

Excel and Word Attachments Time Out in OWA
I am having an odd problem in OWA. Many end users are experiencing time out problems when trying to access Word or Excel attachments in OWA on Exchange 2003. It appears to be only Word or Excel as others work fine. OWA is being accessed on a front-end server. However, all attachments work fine when accessed through the back-end server. Any ideas? ...

How can I type within a cell like it is a word document?
Hi, Is there a way to type text within a cell where I can choose the position of the text by clicking within the cell like you can within a word document? I'd like to be able to easily type in something like this: YOU: ME: No I can not do that! (happy) Yes you can! And be able to select the placement of my text WITHOUT having to hold down the cursor to push it forward. Thanks! N...

Need advice to start off a project
Hello! I have never really used Excel much but I have had an idea which could make some of the work I do a lot easier. I know Excel is powerful but I don't know the best way to approach it so can anyone out there help me? I make visits to places and record what kind of visit it was on a spreadsheet with the values in each cell being the date. At the bottom there is a summary box which shows, on each date, how many visits I made of each type. At the moment this is done manually but I am sure it can be done automatically only how? On a different sheet I would then like to have a summary of...

Word 2007 and Microsoft Updates
There was an automatic update applied to my Vista 64 bit system, probably on 2/10 or 2/11. Word stopped working. If I wanted a word count it stopped responding, if I wanted to change the list for a Word merge operation it stopped responding, if I tried to open a document it would stop responding. I have restored my system to 2/9 and everything worked again. Last night Vista updated and Word was broken again. I've restored to 2/9 but I can't find any other discussion about the problems the update created. Any other users having the same problem? I have turned off a...

Word 2003
Hello! I am working on a Word 2003 template with the following: - the page header includes the following fields: { IF {NUMPAGES \* MERGEFORMAT } = 1 “” { PAGE \* MERGEFORMAT } \* MERGEFORMAT } - the body has a FORMTEXT form field plus a table of FORMTEXT form fields - the footer has {FILENAME} and {SAVEDATE} - the body has no specific sections defined I worked on similar templates about 10 yrs. ago and got around the field and form field refresh/update problems by flipping to a print preview then back to force both the page and file info fields to refresh. That was a very ta...

foreign words
Hi, I use Outlook 2002, when someone send me an email with foreign words (Japanses), how do I configurate it so I can view them. Thanks. David ...

Exchange Services Do not Start After a Restart #2
I have a SBS 2003 Running and for some reason some of my Exchange Service do not start after a restart. System Attendand tries to start shuts down unexpectedly. I can go to services right after logging in and start the services and they start with no problem. Right before the error that service did not start, I get this warning: "A service process other than the one launched by the Service Control Manager connected when starting the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service. The Service Control Manager launched process 2448 and process 3688 connected instead. Note that if this se...

Email merge with Word
Using Windows XP and Office 2000. I have created a lengthy list of email addresses in Excel. I have created a mail merge document in Word that uses this Excel file as its data source. I then merged the document to Outlook for email distribution. When I started the merge, I got the following alert message for every one of my 380 email messages. I had to manually click the "yes" button for each individual message even though I set the permission to accept this answer for a 30-minute time period. The alert message generated from Outlook reads: A program is trying to automat...

Cannot start Outlook 2002
My computer is usualy connected to an MS Exchange server at work. However I'd like to use Outlook at home with another e-mail account. When I try to start Outlook I get an error message : Cannot connect to exchange server. So I click work offline. Then, get another error message: Cannot start Outlook. Could not open information store. The the program quits. Anyone know a work around? Thanks. Create a new profile for your home account. Then set Outlook to prompt for profile. Select your home profile and Outlook will not try to connect to Exchange. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook...

Macro or Lookup? Not sure where to start.
I have created two worksheets: 1) Auction Items Item# Table# Location# ItemDescription WinBid are the headers of the data. 2) Bidders Bidder# FirstName LastName I would like to be able to create a macro or something that will allow me to enter the item#, bidder# and winning bid price and have a sheet filled with. ie. Item# 2 (Handcrafted Table) Bidder# 12 (John Doe) Winning Bid $250 Can excel pull from two sheets and created another sheet with all the final details? I am a little new to excel (version 2000) it is the only tool/application available to us at this time. If anyone can poi...

Outlook starting problem
"Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A dialog box is open. Close it and try again." ...

Running CHKDSK at start up
Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? PC runs Windows XP Pro SP3. This way all drives would be checked and errors fixed, if necessary, in one go, at start up on this machine. We intend to do this on this heavily used PC from time to time - we do not need the desired chkdsk functionality to kick in at every boot! Regards and TIA. Avatar -------- "Avatar" <Avatar@re.birth> wrote in message news:hrb4n2$53i$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Is there a way to run chkdsk f/r on all five drives on one PC at start up? ...

Adobe PDF Mail Merge Creates winmail.dat Instead of Attachment
This has been discussed in other threads, but I haven't found an answer to this problem. In reality I don't know which application is to blame, but the fingers keep pointing at Outlook. I'm using Word 2007 to do a mail merge using Adobe Acrobat Pro V9. I have Outlook configured as the default mail program. The generated PDF is attached to en e-mail and gets delivered without problems. If I read the e-mail using Outlook or Gmail (the only ones that I've tried), the attachment appears and can be displayed without issues. If I read the e-mail using a program ...

Starting a new paragraph within a cell
How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again within the cell. Hi. You can press Alt + Enter to create a line break within a cell. Kath firman wrote: > How do you create a line break within a cell? For example, if wanting to list > 2 or more items it looks better if each one is printed under the other as a > list. Or in a comment column when needing to start a new paragraph, again > within th...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the.
add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. ...

Can't Start Any Program
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel It has been two weeks since I can open an Office Program. Please HEEELP! This is my word error report: Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0 Error Signature: Exception: EXC_BAD_ACCESS Date/Time: 2009-09-09 19:04:02 -0400 Application Name: Microsoft Word Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word Application Signature: MSWD Application Version: 12.2.0.090605 Crashed Module Name: CoreFoundation Crashed Module Version: unknown Crashed Module Offset: 0x00075354 Blame Module Name: CoreFoundation Blame Module Version: unk...

CD does not start
After installing XP on a new disk everything appeared normal. I was able to install a few applications from their cds. Then I attempted to install an application from a downloaded file, but it did not work. So I installed MS frame works and windows installer. Then I was able to install the application from the downloaded file. When I attempted to install another application from its cd (with autorun), nothing happened, namely it fail to start. If I force the setup.exe from Explorer, the error message shows up: "the application configuration is incorrect". Thinking for...

Using DAO instead of ADO
I have an Access 2000 database that was converted from Access 97. On one of my users computers, her system was re-installed with Access 2000, and the database has not worked correctly since that time. If I remember correctly, we had to set up the computers for these users to use DAO over ADO. It's been over two years since we did this, and (I hate to admit it - but) I've forgotten to how to set up the DAO to take precedence over ADO. Can someone please remind me? I thought it was part of the Add-ins, but when I go into Add-in Manger, I have NO add-ins available. I've checked i...

Charts look different when pasted into Word by different users
I work for a national organsiation. When users in different locations paste exactly the same chart into Word, using exactly the same method, the charts look different: specifically, the font on the axis labels distorts slightly. This makes it very difficult for documents incoporating charts to be created across sites in a uniform manner. There may be subtle differences in the charts. Check that the Font Autoscale checkbox has the same state (checked or unchecked) for all charts. Also, which version(s) of Office is/are in use? The way Excel charts are pasted into Word has evolved. - ...

Money 2007 tries to update on each start
On each start up, Money 2007 advises that in order to run properly an update to Money 2007 is necessary. When I click OK it downloads files and again I click to start the upgrade. After a few minutes the update completes and a dialog box advises that I should restart Money and if it will not open properly I should restart my computer. I do so and all seems to be OK, but on starting money the update dialog box is back. I checked the Money folder and the update log shows that the update completed. So how do I stop the annoying update dialog box from displaying on each start? "GWL&qu...

Word 2007 Headings
At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that they are visible all of the time? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:44:05 -0800, longmere <longmere@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >At the top of my screen Ihave Home, Insert, Page Layout etc. I have to click >on these to open the subsets below them. How do I lock the subsets so that >they are visible all of the time? Thanks. There are multiple ways: - Double-click any of the items. - Press Ctrl+F1. - ...

Manipulating embeded exccel in word (Repost)
Hi there, I have seen quite a few posts on this and know it is "easily" accomplished, however I have a bit of a different requirement. I have a Word document that I have embedded the following: - 1 Sheet that holds score data that users can edit within word - 6 Graphs (from the same workbook) that report the data in different ways. What I want to happen is that when the data in the embedded worksheet is edited, then all the other graphs update to reflect the edited data or scores. Any ideas ? I have one, which is to cycle through each embedded chart and copy the data scores ...

can you single click to open files in word and excell?
Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and excell files? There's a windows setting (at least in WinXP) that you can toggle to make a single click open the file. Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Folder Options|General Tab At the bottom of that dialog. lvinning wrote: > > Is it possible to set the default to a single click when opening word and > excell files? -- Dave Peterson I have it set to that level, but once I'm inside of word or excell, you're required to double click on a file name before it will open. Some other ...