how to start outlook 2003?

when i click on outlook its general tap appears with the message "outlook is
unable to open this file"
0
ak20 (1)

Have you tried a new profile from Control Panel->Mail Icon?  Did Outlook
ever work?  If yes, what did you change just before it stopped working?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, ak20 asked:

| when i click on outlook its general tap appears with the message
| "outlook is unable to open this file"

0
Milly

Enabling Exchange 2003 Relay doesn't work
I've modified my Exchange 2003 SMTP server relaying properties to allow relay to "Only the list below", listing specific IP's of servers I need to have perform relay. I still receive "Relaying Denied" while attempting a manual SMTP session. I've stopped and restarted SMTP as well as the entire server and I can't seem to get it to work. Has anyone done this successfully who might know a step I've missed? Thanks. you made these modifications on the default smtp virtual server under "protocols"? it works on mine... "NeedHelp"...

Outlook2003 - open running, but error pops every 10 sec
One PC, Win2K using Outlook 2003 connected to Exchange. Open Outlook, runs fine then error msg "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A program error occurred. Quit Outlook and Microsoft Windows and then start again." "OK" If I click ok message goes away, I can read, send and receive fine. About 10 seconds and message pops up again. D ...

Why is OUTLOOK 2000 not compatible with Windows 7?
Have WIN7 but a dialogue box states that Outlook 2000 is not compatible with its Windows Service Information...whatever that is. Anyone have suggestions? Microsoft 2000 Word and Excel are compatible and can be used with WIN7. Goodness. Outlook 2000 wasn't even compatible with Vista. Software that is a decade apart never is. Suggest a reality check and updating to a current version. -- Russ Valentine "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9211AAE9-1D35-4B09-B2EF-6A2223CD0016@microsoft.com... > Have WIN7 but a dialogue box states ...

How do I start over?!?!?
I had a PC crash, and money got all screwed up. Support helped me get back on track kind of, Money is working to pay my bills, etc....but my account balance is all hosed up. I can no longer balance the account.... What are my options? Do I need to start from scratch? If so, how (I need details)? Or, how can I fix this account? I am using Money 2006 Standard. Any info greatly appreciated! In microsoft.public.money, JoJoBinkus wrote: >I had a PC crash, and money got all screwed up. Support helped me get back on >track kind of, Money is working to pay my bills, etc....but my accoun...

imap and outlook
how can i send email from the same imap account. i've set the smpt to my default server, but mail encounter errors. please advise what are the errors? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com OneNote Tips: 1note-tips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net "lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.co...

Running macro when starting worksheet
Is there a way when you open a Excel Spreadsheet to automatically run before any manipulation of the file happens? Any help would be great. Thanks. C.Fillmore Two ways, Create a macro named Auto_Open or add the code to the Workbook_Open event in the ThisWorkbook code modeul. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "surveyorinva" <surveyorinva@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAB3C72E-4D69-49D0-A621-363DE617A035@microsoft.com... > Is there a way when you ope...

POS hangs at start
I have been installing a new RMS/POS system and setting up the test DB for training tomorrow. Everything was working properly until I changed the pc from a domain client to a workgroup client. POS Store Administrator and Store Manager work properly but Store Operations POS just hangs on startup and never asked for login or password. I uninstalled all POS programs including MSDE and reinstalled. The server that was the domain controller has been removed from the network. Store Operations POS still hangs on startup and never gets to the logon screen. HELP!!!! I am going to guess...

Outlook will not Open #3
Hello, I have office 2000. For some reason Outlook will not open. I never had a problem before. I did a repair on Office, but that did not fix it. I uninstalled office and reinstalled it. That did not fix my Outlook. All the other programs in Office work fine. What could be the problem with my Outlook? Thank You. "Gapper" said in news:6d6e01c3e69d$df2e3ff0$a401280a@phx.gbl: > Hello, I have office 2000. For some reason Outlook will > not open. I never had a problem before. I did a repair on > Office, but that did not fix it. I uninstalled office and > reinstalled it....

i get a script error every time i open outlook
every time i start outlook i get a script error message for internet explorer. it then asks me if i wish to continue using scripts on this page and i have to select yes or no. i dont use internet explorer - i use firefox as my browser ...

Outlook Client installation should not unlink the PST folder
It is a suggestion to the product MSCRM 3.0. We implemented the MSCRM 3.0 for our customer and it is at the final phase of the project. Unfortunitely, our customer has recently found out that the installation of CRM Client for Outlook, both Desktop and Laptop Clients, causes the originally linked PST files of the Outlook be unlinked. Our customer contacted the MBS Supports through the CustomerSource program and got a prompt feedback. The Supports conducted tests and confirmed the existence of this bug. However, the only solution they provided is a workaround to add the PST files back m...

Outlook Forensics
I have a situation in which my boss wants to know if I can prove if someone was actually viewing another person's mailbox. The user had rights to the other person's mailbox but denies actually reading anything. Upon inspection the mailbox in question was not in the folder list but I have been given the task of proving or disproving that the user actually accessed the mailbox. I have checked on local log files or dat files but couldn't find anything to help. Isn't there a log in Exchange to find this information, not just last login but a history of logins? Is there any o...

Outlook 2003 does not start
I have MS Office 2007 together with Outlook 2003 installed on a computer (Outlook 2007 is not installed as my PDA cannot communicate with the newer version). Until today Outlook has had no problems. After a Microsoft update. Outlook refuses to start with the error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. MAP132.DLL is corrupt or the...". Even if I rename MSMAP132.DLL, allowing Outlook to recreate the file, Outlook succeeds in creating a new file - using an installation program from Office 2007 (!?) - but - perhaps not surpringly - cannot start. I should be grateful for any advi...

Outlook 2002
Hi everyone - I have an issue with Outlook 2002 and IE6. I have some personnel that want to send links from IE to people. When they click on the send link (via IE), Outlook opens up and displays this message, "Outlook blocked access to the following potentially unsafe attachments: index.url." I checked on Exchange 5.5 and I am not blocking the URL attachment. I have worked with some higher level officials and was not able to get this to work, even after opening up the public folders and adding the Outlook Security Form. I still get the above message. Is there somethi...

Blue screen at start-up
When I start my notebook, a blue screen sometime appears. My system purpose a "restore" (and he advices this choice, that I suppose it is a re-installlation of windows) or it suggest to go no without normally. I always choose "go on" and my notebook works properly then. I scared the other option will delete my HD. Is there on windows a file that log this error? How can I fix that? Scandisk could lend me a hand? Dnia Sat, 3 Jul 2010 01:30:37 -0700 (PDT), Allamarein napisa�(a): > When I start my notebook, a blue screen sometime appears. > My system purpose...

is there a way to modify notes in outlook web access 2003?
In OWA notes appear as a post. Is there a setting I need to change? ...

Starting to move slow?
I think my system is slowing down now. I use to be able to re-call a transactions in a few seconds, for return...now it taikes anywhere from 30 sec. to 2 min. I am re-calling for no more than 3 days at a time...usually not even that many. Any suggestions? -- Thank You,; Vince Vince wrote: > I think my system is slowing down now. I use to be able to re-call a > transactions in a few seconds, for return...now it taikes anywhere from 30 > sec. to 2 min. I am re-calling for no more than 3 days at a time...usually > not even that many. Any suggestions? How many transaction...

Sluggish response with Excel 2003
Hi, I'm experiancing really sluggish behaviour every time I carry out a function when working with Excel 2003. I'm having to wait 30 sec's or more and it's infuriating. Can anyone help? -- Wayne. Hi Wayne there could be a myriad of reasons why the performance is sluggish. Take a look at Charles Williams site and look through his Optimisation procedures for speeding up performance. http://www.decisionmodels.com/ -- Regards Roger Govier "Wayne" <Wayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EC4F18-504E-4CAE-AC12-CE9E39F6C101@...

Migrating from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2002?
I've used OE for many years & am basically happpy with it. I just got a pocket PC, which will only interface with Outlook, and I'm trying to decide if I want to migrate things to Outlook. This would be OE6 to Outlook 2002. I did the basic migration, and it looks fairly good (not perfect). I'd like to learn something about the pros & cons of switching over to Outlook - I mean for the parts of the programs that are parallel (email mainly, I guess). Can anyone suggest a website or other source of general info to help me with this? I may have more specific questions if I g...

Outlook #84
I am not sure this is an outlook problem but when i send e-mail, outlook says that it has been sent. It show's in the log that it has been sent but it reaches the destination hours later. Sometimes it never gets to the destination. Nothing is showing in the OUTBOX. I have brought the machine down and up. I have done that after I have sent the mail. If I go to another machine on the network and send, no problem and it gets there immediately. I have checked with our ISP provider and they can't see a problem. Is there a setting I don't know about? Michael <anony...

Printing calendars in Outlook 2010
Is there a template in Outlook 2010 to print the monthly calendar in the same format as was done in Outlook 2003? Which specific format? What is in Outlook is all you get - but you can try the word templates linked at http://slipstick.me/calprint. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE....

Outlook 2000 Calendar crashes
Hello When I use my Outlook Calendar it crashes almost imediately. An error message is displayed: Microsoft Visual C++Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OUTLOOK.EXE R6025 -pure virtual function call. Clicking OK drops me out to OS. PC is an Athlon 2400+, 512K ram, 60gig free on HD, running XP home. I've tried a repair install - no luck. Anyone any ideas please? TIA Chris. ...

Ctrl+Backspace spits out squares rather than deletes words (Outlook 2007)
I'm re-posting this because I incorrectly mentioned that this problem was resolved. It is not resolved. And I now have Office 2007 installed on my workstation at the office and the exact same symptom is on that machine. It never saw the beta version of Office 2007. -- I have gotten into the habit of hitting Ctrl+Backspace to delete entire words of recently typed text. This is a great time saver. Unfortunately, in Outlook 2007, I am seeing the e-mail editor spit out squares (i.e. valueless Unicode character blocks). It's erratic; I can hold Ctrl down and keep hitting Backspace and...

Information Store Not Starting at start up
I have a client running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1, sometimes when the server restarts the Information Store doesn't start. When I check the Event Viewer I see the following errors for the Information Store and the MTA Stacks (same error for both): The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service depends on the Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service which failed to start because of the following error: The operation completed successfully. If I go start it manually it works fine, it only seems to happen every couple of weeks at most, and I would like it to go away since t...

how do I move e-mails from Outlook 2000 to Outlook express?
I was wondering if it were possible to move messages from Outlook 2000 to Outlook Express (or vice versa). My parents use Outlook express, but accidently have several e-mails in Outlook 2000. Before I remove the account they have in Outlook 2000, I want to make certain that they have their e-mail in Outlook Express. My parents aren't very computer literate so they prefer Outlook express because of it is simple. BTW, for some reason I can't forward messages in Outlook 2000.. There is no forward button, and I can't seem to find a way to forward it (tried to find it in toolb...

Corruption in Exchange 2003 Mailbox's
I have a couple of users how currenlty i am not able to backup there mailbox with veritas 9.1. I recieve a message stating that Top of Information store.INBOX (and then the name of the file) is a corrupt file. Is there a utility that i am able to use to fix this problem. Does this mean that my whole information store mat possibly be corrupt, even though i am able to backup other mailboxes. Thanks in advance. Deon Just to clairify this happens for only a couple users? Or can you not perform any brick level backups? Were you at somepoint in the past with this current veritas install ...