How to share Outlook 03 Calendar?

Hi guys, How can I share a calendar in Outlook 03 with my networked
laptop running Outlook 07? THe work computer running 03 has "share
calendar" greyed out.

CUrrently I'm getting around things by using SyncMyCal but it's not
really ideal because I'm not a great fan of Google Calendar.

I just really want to be able to view and edit my office appointments
on my laptop. Unfortunately my Palm Pilot doesn't recognise Office 07,
otherwise I would have synced between work and laptop that way.

Please help me sort my  life out?

Hi Bobby,

have a look on this sites:

Outlook sharing solutions:
http://www.publicshareware.com/public-share-outlook-description.html
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm

Article about "sharing your Outlook information (by Eric Legault)"
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011477571033.aspx

Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/CE010719621033.aspx

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Boppy" <therealboppy@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hi guys, How can I share a calendar in Outlook 03 with my networked
> laptop running Outlook 07? THe work computer running 03 has "share
> calendar" greyed out.
>
> CUrrently I'm getting around things by using SyncMyCal but it's not
> really ideal because I'm not a great fan of Google Calendar.
>
> I just really want to be able to view and edit my office appointments
> on my laptop. Unfortunately my Palm Pilot doesn't recognise Office 07,
> otherwise I would have synced between work and laptop that way.
>
> Please help me sort my  life out?

trash5936 (201)
11/30/2007 9:03:39 AM
On Nov 30, 10:03 pm, "Oliver Vukovics" <tr...@publicshareware.com>
wrote:
> Hi Bobby,
>
> have a look on this sites:
>
> Outlook sharing solutions:http://www.publicshareware.com/public-share-outlook-description.htmlhttp://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm
>
> Article about "sharing your Outlook information (by Eric Legault)"http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011477571033.aspx
>
> Office Marketplace Outlook messaging tools:http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/CE010719621033.aspx
>
> Maybe it helps.
>
> --
> Oliver Vukovics
> Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder
> Synchronisation for Outlook and Exchange: Public SyncToolhttp://www.publicshareware.com
>
> "Boppy" <therealbo...@yahoo.com> schrieb im Newsbeitragnews:91de00e4-50d4-4d18-9029-6c75f242877e@e23g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
>
> > Hi guys, How can I share a calendar in Outlook 03 with my networked
> > laptop running Outlook 07? THe work computer running 03 has "share
> > calendar" greyed out.
>
> > CUrrently I'm getting around things by using SyncMyCal but it's not
> > really ideal because I'm not a great fan of Google Calendar.
>
> > I just really want to be able to view and edit my office appointments
> > on my laptop. Unfortunately my Palm Pilot doesn't recognise Office 07,
> > otherwise I would have synced between work and laptop that way.
>
> > Please help me sort my  life out?

Thanks for the suggestions.

Outlook 2010 can sync with mobile 6.5
Hello: I'm using Outlook 2010 RTM x64 and an HTC Diamond 2 with WM6.5 I can't sync with Outlook. The sync manager shows an error saying that isn't any mail client connected. Any sugestion? Sorry for my bad English!!! ---- Juan Segura www.sd-a.com juan@sd-a.com Juan Segura wrote: > Hello: > > I'm using Outlook 2010 RTM x64 and an HTC Diamond 2 with WM6.5 > > I can't sync with Outlook. The sync manager shows an error saying that isn't > any mail client connected. > > Any sugestion? > > Sorry for my bad Eng...

outlook print
Hello, Is it possible to select print in outlook 2003 like in OE6? Regards, Mingo What are you refering to? You can print mail items & such but I'm guessing that's not what you're asking "Mingo" <sly_007_2007_remove_@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:u2kKh95wHHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to select print in outlook 2003 like in OE6? Mingo <sly_007_2007_remove_@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is it possible to select print in outlook 2003 like in OE6? Do you mean select a portion of a message to print? If so, if th...

Shared folders on a shared exchange 2003
I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the actual company. /C COZ <kofo@spamspamspam.org> wrote: >I have a shared exchange 2003 where deferent company�s have there mails. >But how do I make a shared public folder for each company? >The public folders may not be visible for other then the people in the >actual company. Make sure the "client permissions" you assign to the folder doesn't include the &...

Shared Workbook Query
Hi, I have set up a shared workbook for 20+ users. I am aware that share workbooks in Excel (I have version 2002) have limited functionality an that you cannot for example merge cells. However, if there are merged cells in another worksheet and someon wants to copy across text (which includes merged cells) into the share workbook it removes the merged formatting. At present I have to take the share off the workbook and then cop across the data (which includes merged cells) then reshare the workboo so that the formatting is maintained. Is there any other way around this problem so that peo...

outlook and internet
how do i go from outlook email to internet ? -- Steve Durkee LPCC by opening a web browser? What exactly is the problem or what exactly are you trying to do? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.com/showth...

Outlook problem #43
Hi When i try to synchronize my emails i receive error message saying something about "File saving was damaged use ScanDisk to repair this file" After this comes account and server name. ?? any suggestions ?? Scandisk or scanpst? If scanpst.exe, then what happened when you ran it? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Marcin Gajek asked this group: | Hi | When i tr...

Sharing Calendar, can you share contacts too?
We have an administrative secretary, who maintains 3 high level administrator's calendars... we use outlook 2003 with exchange 2003, she opens their shared calendars and edits them... Maybe I'm overlooking a really simple answer... but is there a way she could similarly edit their personal address books (they all use palm pilots and want their own individual contact lists).... Any ideas appreciated... Thanks! Sure, just need to delegate rights to those folders and she can "Open Other user's Folder" and choose Contacts. "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontg...

Appointment activity
Hi, why is it that when you remove future appointment from Outlook calendar it also removes activity (like it should), however when you remove past appointments from Outlook it doesn´t remove activity from activity list. It doesn´t matter if both are not closed activities. Past appointments are not in sync with linked activity? I dont know the technical reason, but I can think of a good functional reason why this behaviour would exist. Appointments in the future have not yet been there. If they are cancelled, then they should be cancelled in CRM as well because the event w...

Outlook 2003 & snoozing reminders
Is there somewhere in Outlook 2003 where is can see which reminders are snoozing and until when? Thanks in advance... Bob You can add the reminder fields but there isn't a way To See snooze status or times. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstic...

Why does Outlook not close when I exit?
Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme the icon remains in the Taskbar and the programme in Task Manager as a Process. Should it not close completely? I don't get enough mail to warrant it being 'on watch'. Thank you. Have you installed anything recently that interacts with Outlook that may cause it to stay running? "Joe Young" <Joe Young@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAAFBAD8-045B-42B7-B033-CF268E045615@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help please? When I finish with Outlook and exit the programme &g...

Office 2010 Beta Outlook can not follow hyper links
When I click on links in email I get the following message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. I am using Office 2010 Beta (Outlook), Windows 7, IE 8. I had Office 2003 and it is not compatible with Windows 7. So I had to download Office 2010 Beta. Since links wouldn't work I tried Widows Live email. Links work in it. I like Outlook better and would like to get it back. tgrfn2 wrote: > When I click on links in email I get the following message: > This operation has been cancell...

Outlook locks after XPP SP2
Since installing XPP SP2, I find that OLK2K3 locks up VERY FREQUENTLY. I can't seem to pin it on one specific thing - except for moving from the Inbox (my default on opening OL2K3) to another folder. Any help appreciated - specially if you could e-mail it to lanmeister@ihug.co.nz TIA Russell Ran scanpst.exe already? What is logged to the Event Viewer? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Lanmeister" <Lanmeister@discussions.microsof...

Sharing Outlook between profiles?
I am running a 2k server (no exchange server) and need the laptops that connect into the domain to be able to view and send emails when connected, and when disconnected. The laptops have just been reloaded after using Novell. The advantage of the novell client was that it used the same local profile for connecting into the domain, and when using the workstation only. With the 2k server however, it uses one profile for the domain, and one for the local workstation. This is where Outlook 2000 is falling over... Please help... ...

Cannot share calendar
Hi I'm trying to setup a user so that she can view someone else's calendar. I have been able to give her access to other peoples calendars, however i can't give her access to one particular user. even though other people can access that particular users calendar. I have given her all the relevent permissions needed to do so in exchange 2000 and at the target machine, but still an error msg of "you do not have sufficiant permisions to view this item" is given. Don't know what else to do....HELP Thank you Don't grant permissions in the Exchange server its...

sey up in outlook 200
hello my name is jo jo and i am looking for some help on setting up outlook 2000. question 1 can outlook be used for home use w/o a network? question 2 i cannot seem to get outlook set up properly. i do not know what a pop3 is? i thouht i had it set up ,but i cannot get it to work. any information you can give will be greatly appreciated. i like the features in outlook bettr than what internet providers supply you with thank you for your time jo jo lost Contact your ISP for the correct account settings. They usually publish them in the FAQs on their website. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Out...

Entourage compatibility w/Outlook and BlackBerry
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I currently use a Windows PC and Office 2007 for business. I spend a lot of time in Outlook, with many different folders to store emails and an archive for old ones, and I organise my life using tasks, the calendar, contacts and memos, which I then synchronise with a BlackBerry. <br><br>I'm now thinking of moving across to a MacBook Pro which will have Office for Mac, including Entourage 2008, having the data from the PC transferred at the Apple Store under their One to One pro...

Office 2000 Using Outlook 2003
Has anyone had a problem with using Office 2000 and Outlook 2003. One of our users, when trying to e-mail a document directly from word, is getting an error message that word cannot load the e-mail envelope. The user can go to file, send as attachment and it works. It just won't work when you try to send it from the word document. That is correct. That functionality only works when Word and Outlook are the same version. A mail merge from within Word doesn't work anymore either and selecting Word as the e-mail editor isn't possible as well. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij....

calender sharing
I recently upgraded to XP op sys and alongwith it to MS Office 2003. In MS Office 2000, I used to share my private Outlook folders (Calendar, Contacts etc.) with my assistant . With this upgrade to MS Office, I lost the sharing ability. If I right click on any of these components (Calendar, Contacts etc.) the "Sharing" feature is shaded (disabled). How do I share these private folders? If you are talking about NetFolders then this feature was dropped after Outlook 2000 check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm for some options "KAH" <anonymous@discussions.mic...

Save Message rules in Outlook Express
Hi Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in another pc. This can be done in MS-Outlook through the rule wizard. Lakshmi <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Can anyone let me know how to save messages created in > Outlook Express. Take backup and then restore them in > another pc. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Resource sharing error
MS Project 2007 question / assistance needed - I created a separate project file for shared resources, filled in names of resources (techs), hourly rates, etc., etc, then saved the file as (named) "resources". When I try to share those resources in my current project, (tools>resource sharing>Share resources) and select the "resources from" the resources file, each resource then shows up in BOTH project’s resource files. Now all resources are showing up in both projects? Delete unwanted rows from one project, and they're deleted in BOTH projects. What...

[Outlook 2003] Reply to external email
Hi, I have outlook 2003 installed and we are using Microsoft Exchange and Pop3/smtp server account Those 2 server are configured on my outlook. When I receive e-mail from poeple in my office, I can reply to them with no problem. But when I receive e-mail from external user, when I do a reply, I receive this error : 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from xxx@hshs.com to jdjdjd@kfkf.com for xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. I know that when I reply to external user, I just have to change the account (Microsoft exchange) to send the mail and its working fine. But I would like to know ...

Connecting to a shared SSRS data source from BIDS
I'm just starting out using BIDS and creating reports in general. I've been using Report Builder and have no trouble accessing a shared SSRS data source by specifying the Report Server (http://<Server>/ReportServer) in the Options...Settings, from there I can view and use any predefined data source in a report. How do I specify in BIDS that I wish to use a preconfigured shared data source from SSRS, I can't see any obvious option. Any advice gratefully received. Thanks David David, Hopefully when you connect your report to a shared datasource in design t...

how to connect my computer to e mail to outlook
i have laptop installed microsoft outlook .how to connect to outlook server by internet,i have my accont in outlook from my company Outlook is not a server, You would have to ask your Company how to configure Outlook with their mail server "mahli" <mahli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A86A0A3-8B27-458F-8413-6AB40B5C19F4@microsoft.com... > i have laptop installed microsoft outlook .how to connect to outlook > server > by internet,i have my accont in outlook from my company "mahli" <mahli@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Outlook PST file #3
I had an issue with a .sys file and had to rework the file table, but now when I try to access the PST file to copy it or back it up it is giving me an error (cyclical error) all I am trying to do is figure out the best way to recover the PST file. I need the contacts and e-mails from the last week that had not yet been backed up. Does anyone know how to restore or recover a PST file. Thanks. HT Ran the repair tool, scanpst.exe, on it? "HT" <heatht@perlmanarchitects-az.com> wrote in message news:uX5t2FQdFHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > I had an issue with a ...

outlook deleted my emails???
all i did was move a folder with emails in it from one email account to another on outlook and the folder moved but not the emails in the folder...does anyone know where they have gone???? pleae help me Is your view of the contents of the folder filtered? Check View > Current View. Messages is what should be checked. "shazdibbs" <shazdibbs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFD9BBA6-7C1F-4387-B69E-66E1570CFA17@microsoft.com... > all i did was move a folder with emails in it from one email account to > another on outlook and the folder moved ...