How to setup internet mail only in outlook 2000

I would like to know how to setup internet email only in
outlook 2000? I am not using exchange sever.

Thanks

Howard

add an internet mail account :) go to control panel, mail applet to set up
the profile and add an internet account.

--

"Howard Campbell" <campbellhoward@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I would like to know how to setup internet email only in
> outlook 2000? I am not using exchange sever.
>
> Thanks
>
> Howard

0
dianenws (1904)

outlook attachments #16
Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? kalendesh <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to recieve attachments in outlook. I can > get some but others are blocked. I have noticed that if > they are .exe it won't work. What is up with that? Install Slovak's Attachment Options: http://www.slovaktech.com/attachmentoptions.htm Consider subscribing to Woody's Office Watch (free) http://www.woodyswatch.com/office/index...

create charts in mail merge
I am attempting to create a chart, using data within Excel on individual letters for employees. I would be using a mail merge. Does anyone know how to use mail merge to create a chart? Thanks! ...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Remove BCC from Outlook 2003?
Is there a way to remove or hide the BCC option from Outlook? Been directed to do this by management but can't find a way to do this looking online. No.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "The Other Mike" <Noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message = news:sd3g031cor116rgkqp06tltlo54g5vq1mj@4ax.com... > Is there a way to remo...

AutoArchive mails
Can someone tell me why it is still remaining some mails in the inbox after run the autoarchive. I am using Outlook2003 SP2 to connect my imap email account. And I am also using Netscape Messenger7.2 to read my mail. I recongize that these mails didn't archive when i read mails in Messenger or via Webmail access. Does any have idea of it? Thanks... RM31 Perhaps Modified date has been changed? Archive works on Modified Date "RM31#" <itrm31@msn.com> wrote in message news:uyIAG2zaFHA.3364@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can someone tell me why it is still remaining some ...

SOME mail with attachment is not delivered to mailbox
using exchange2003 ONLY from a particular 3rd party, all mail with attachments are not delivered to mailbox even though my exchange 2003 log says some communication has occured. I got them to cc the mail to my personal isp account and notice that when I forward the mail, the attachments are duplicated. (ie: you have a.pdf in 600kb as well as a.pdf in 2kb) I do not know why there are duplicate attachments, perhaps one is an errata caused by the mail server, nonetheless, when I forward this mail with the duplicate attachment to back to my exchange email address, the message is not deliv...

Windows mail failing
Hi - 5/20 mid day I could no longer send email. Still can't; message reads 'Send 1 message using Plus.Pop.mail.yahoo.com...isn't that the wrong one; doesn't it need to be the smtp address? The outgoing mail setting reads correctly for the smtp address. If I go to Yahoo I can send an email but not in Windows. Help! That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here Is your Yahoo account a paid one or a free one?=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.sup...

Outlook 2007: Msg reply in HTML
Simply, is there ANY way to reply to a "plain text" email message in Outlook 2007 in HTML format? I've researched this popular question vastly, and the Microsoft geniuses always reply with the same mantra: "if the person sends in plain text, then you should reply as such." Grrrrr.... But the question still remains: how to reply in HTM, if possible. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Outlook Startup error message
I'm getting an error message when I startup Outlook 2003 - I had the same problem with Outlook 2002, and upgrading hasn't fixed it. I get an alert box saying; The add-in "c:\program files\mcafee\mcafee viruscan\scanmail.dll could not be installed or loaded. The problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu." I haven't had Viruscan installed for a couple of years now, and I just used a registry cleaning program to remove all traces of entries related to this program from the registry, but no luck. I've run Detect and Repair multiple ti...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

moving e-mails #3
How can I take e-mail that I've downloaded onto my laptop and move it to a desktop? Is there a way of selecting inbox items and save them to a disc and then load them onto a different PC? Thanks in advance Marty martinegunn@yahoo.com for just one item - from the open message menu File | Save As and save it as a message then copy it over and drag and drop into your Inbox should work. For more use File Import and Export and export to a PST file, transfer that, open it from within Outlook and copy over. "MEG" <martin_gunn@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OBc5NK9uEHA...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

I often find my outlook mail hangs
When I switched over from Outlook -2000 to Outlook 2003, I find the experiece tiresome. Outlook hangs often whenever I try to delete or scroll. I think that the program is spending time doing someother task as harddisk keeps moving. What might be the reason ? ...

how export mail from form to excel
I recieve mails form a webform inscription in the following layout Naam: $in{naam} Voornaam: $in{voornaam} Postcode: $in{postcode} Woonplaats: $in{woonplaats} E-mailadres: $in{MAILFROM} Nieuwsbrief: $in{nieuwsbrief How can I export this mail to a excel Thanks ...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

The Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories ...
Hi every one, I need help please as my Outlook Categories Do Not Match With My I-mate PDA2K Categories . it is very important for me to have this issue resolved as many other activities depend on resolving this issue. I'm not familiar with that PDA or exactly what the problem is - if outlook doesn't have the same categories, you can easily create them. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: htt...

SETUP
HOW DO I SET IT UP. Windows Mail: Setting up an account from start to finish http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Windows-Mail-setting-up-an-account-from-start-to-finish -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. "home" <phillipsjamest@att.net> wrote in message news:u1ikLZSALHA.980@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > HOW DO I SET IT UP. Start here and look for mail settings. ht...

Outlook 2007, Advanced find
I have Outlook 2007 SP1 and find myself using the Advanced find dialogue more and more. Is there any way to save my customizations as defaults? I cannot see any way to do it and it is a right royal pain to have to customise the box each time I use it. TIA Cheers, Guy ** Stress - the condition brought about by having to ** resist the temptation to beat the living daylights ** out of someone who richly deserves it. Unfortunately this is not possible in 2007. The only thing you can do is save as a search folder, if mail items. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

backing up outlook #3
hi, i am hoping someone with the 'know-how' will be able to help me. i use outlook to organise all my contacts and diary, and have made a back-up on my computer hard drive. However, i am wanting to make a copy of my personal folder and all its contents for back-up onto a re-writeable CD for safe-keeping. I have a CD-writer, but am having great difficulty doing this. I have "burned" a copy of my backup folder onto a re-writeable, but then cannot seem to open this info. I am hoping someone will be able to help. Thanks. what i didn't say was the reason it gives i ...

misdirected e-mail
I have had 3 occasions in the past 2 weeks where I "Replyed" to an e-mail and it was sent to that sender as well as another person in my address book. It was not "CC" to them and when they responded asking why they received that message they were not listed in any part of the address that was sent??? I'm running Windows 2000. Could the problem be here? Any ideas?? What version of Outlook do you have? What sort of mail account(s)? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "B...

E-mails in my Outgoing Queue with sender <>
I am running Nt4 Sp 6a with Exchange 5.5. My server is secure against relay, only users who authenticate can send mail. I have also done the registry hack telling the Exchange server to suppress sending delivery reports. however whn I go into my Exchange Admin and look at the outgoing Queue I am seeing alot of message awaiting delivery (usually because the mail boxes are reporting full at the receivers end) but most of the mail that is there have no senders attached. Under Originator it just says <>. Is there some way I can go look at the piece of mail that is awaiting delivery? And is...

Anonymous Access setup
I have a request to turn on anonymous access (MOSS 2007). We only have one Site collection and it’s an Intranet that uses Authentication Type; Windows and Integrated Windows Authentication. It seems straight forward first Enable IIS Anonymous Authentication, second Enable anonymous access for the Web Application needed, turn on anonymous access for list or site. Question: If I turn on anonymous access without enabling it on any sites or lists will my users notice anything different? I assume they will not notice anything. Next question; if I enable anonymous authentication on...

Outlook will not exit..
I'm running Outlook 2000 with service pack 3 for office and sp4 for win2kpro. Everytime I try to exit outlook, it closes, but has the "outlook is exiting" thing on the desktop and i can't get rid of it unless I use the task manager and force it to end the task. I also noticed that if I leave it there, I am able to open up outlook again, but the old one will still be stuck there. Any suggestions? THanks. I just started having the same problem, too. I have a desktop and a laptop and outlook hangs on exit on both machines since yesterday. Hope someone knows what th...