how to set up e-mail in Outlook.

I have been trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook.  The help section
says that there is an option under the tools menu to set up an e-mail
account, but it's not on my computer.  Yes, I'm sure!  Can anyone help me?
Or is Outlook just the poorly made sequel to MS word?
0
kenny (34)

What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support
mode?  If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft
Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup".
(Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.)

Also, what kind of e-mail account are you trying to add -- POP3, IMAP, HTTP,
Exchange...??

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"kenny" wrote:

> I have been trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook.  The help section
> says that there is an option under the tools menu to set up an e-mail
> account, but it's not on my computer.  Yes, I'm sure!  Can anyone help me?
> Or is Outlook just the poorly made sequel to MS word?
I am using Outlook 03.  I was under the impression that outlook had was it's
own e-mail....Is that not correct?  Or does it simply use your pre-existing
e-mail? I looked at the help section, and it wasn't...

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support
> mode?  If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft
> Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup".
> (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.)
>
> Also, what kind of e-mail account are you trying to add -- POP3, IMAP, HTTP,
> Exchange...??
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "kenny" wrote:
>
> > I have been trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook.  The help section
> > says that there is an option under the tools menu to set up an e-mail
> > account, but it's not on my computer.  Yes, I'm sure!  Can anyone help me?
> > Or is Outlook just the poorly made sequel to MS word?
0
kenny (34)
7/15/2005 1:08:01 AM
Outlook is not a mail server like your ISP has or like Hotmail.  You need an
e-mail account from one of those places and then you sent it up in Outlook,
if possible.  It all depends on your version of Outlook and the type of
account you want to add.

If you have an existing e-mail account you want to add, go to Tools | E-mail
Accounts, choose Add a new e-mail account, click Next, and follow the prompts.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"kenny" wrote:

> I am using Outlook 03.  I was under the impression that outlook had was it's
> own e-mail....Is that not correct?  Or does it simply use your pre-existing
> e-mail? I looked at the help section, and it wasn't...
>
> "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
> > What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support
> > mode?  If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft
> > Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup".
> > (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't have separate modes.)
> >
> > Also, what kind of e-mail account are you trying to add -- POP3, IMAP, HTTP,
> > Exchange...??
> >
> > --
> > Jocelyn Fiorello
> > MVP - Outlook
> >
> > *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply
> > only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
> >

> > "kenny" wrote:
> >
> > > I have been trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook.  The help section
> > > says that there is an option under the tools menu to set up an e-mail
> > > account, but it's not on my computer.  Yes, I'm sure!  Can anyone help me?
> > > Or is Outlook just the poorly made sequel to MS word?

oe removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail
Just did a bunch of updating to my windows 98 and now i can't open any attachments. please help hit Forward on a message and open or save the attachment, then close the message. Or disable it using tools | options | security. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "...

setting up new outlook mail account

Outlook HTML signatures, with graphics
Hi I have created a HTML signature, which uses a company logo, as a graphic. I created the HTML file, and copied the actual Signature, directly into Outlook, using the 'Advanced Edit' feature, which allows Word to be used as the editor. All works fine. I can send mails to other users, and my signature is fine. It also appears fine when received at the other side. However, if a user sends me a mail, which I reply to, or forward, my signature is attached. The formatting takes place (ie. the HTML works), and the signature is displayed, however the graphics are not shown. They are inste...

mail merge in outlook
Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in Outlook? Not natively. You'd need third party software: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.asp#massmail -- Russ Valentine "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C4BA38-F190-4D7D-93A6-2F3825523465@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to add attachments to an email sent using mail merge in > Outlook? No, that's not possible without a 3rd party add-in or some VBA scripting. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/65 -- Robert Sparnaaij ...

OWA Set Rule problem

How do I import messages in Eudora 7 into Outlook 2007?
I have always used Eudora for my email but now I would like to use Outlook for my business email and keep Eudora for my personal email. I have the addresses set up and am receiving new emails in Outlook, but I would like to move the messages previously downloaded by Eudora into Outlook to keep everything together. How can I accomplish it? See what formats Eudora will export to, that Outlook can import. Maybe csv format Or Export msgs from Eudora to Outlook Express (Assuming not a Vista PC) then in Express Export to Outlook "jmstruwe" <jmstruwe@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Outlook 2003 hangs on exit
When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the systray and the process continues to run. Forced to terminate OUTLOOK.EXE process in order to restart Outlook. Any ideas? Look for 3rd party applications that are holding it open for data use. (Activesync, WinFax, Antivirus) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "kmeszaros@landam.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:081601c3b3ab$ef4e6e20$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When closing Outlook 2003, the icon remains in the > systr...

Outlook Express like address book window
Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of addresses in one's default address book, much like that in Outlook Express? Thanks for any input Outlook is not Express so probably not. Why do you not use your contacts folder in Outlook? List it in phone list view. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Curtis Vaughan asked: | Is there a way to get a window frame in Outlook with a listing of | add...

How to set backcolour

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

Lossing E-mails Windows Live Mail desktop
I moved to Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail (desktop) all my mails and and accounts are imported from Outlook Express 6 no problem. I work with 12 different E-mail accounts and I get daily many mails for these accounts. They all are visible in Quick View after reading some disappear nd visisble in the account folders Does someone have the same problem of do you know how to solve this problem? Mathias With the account folder open: View, Show or hide, Show all messages. That setting is saved on a per folder basis, so repeat for each account = folder. If you don't see View ...

no contents in outlook express
When trying to view the contents of an email message either by opening it or as part of the preview pane the computer hangs and both the text and any attachments in the message never appear in outlook express 6.0. Only the address area opens correctly. Just as an asside when doing a search for a message the search tool is able to find message that have the criteria searched for. For example search for the word "hello" and all the messages that have this word appear but when you click on any of these messages the message opens but the contents and the attachments do not a...

Outlook 2003 Disconnected from Exchange Server 2003, will not reconnect.
Two days ago after setting up a mobile phone to act as a modem for my laptop, testing it, and disabling the dial-up connection associated with it, and reconnecting to my domain and usual network (non-GPRS) I find that I can no longer connect to my Exchange Server. The "Working Offline" icon shows up in the lower-right hand corner of the Outlook Client window, and when I uncheck "Work Offline", I get prompted for a username and password. Normally, I should just be able to cancel out of this window and Outlook works fine again. However, since two days ago, it does not. Th...

Not possible to remove mail reminders in outlook 2002
Hiya, I have a big problem with old mail that keeps popping up as reminders. I've tried to start outlook with /cleanreminders and another parameter without luck. Is there anyway that I can delete these reminders for sure? My mail originally comes from outlook in office 97, I know use outlook 2002. The mail that I get reminders on are mails from that period. Very grateful for any help that you can give me. - Kjell Arne ...

Sent mail in sub folder
When I reply to a message that is directed to a sub folder of my inbox the sent message is moved into the same sub folder rather than the sent items folder. I'm sure I turned something on by accident. Anyone know where this option is in Outlook 2002? Thanks... Go to Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options. Clear the checkbox next to "In folders other than the Inbox, save replies wth original message". -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

Set Regional Settings but not Language

Cannot delete mail in Outlook Express
I could not an Outlook Express user group so I will post my problem here. All of a sudden I received multiple copies of the same emails. I could delete most of them but some will not delete. Would appreciate your help. Mo "M Weiss" <m2weiss@verizon.net> wrote in message news:EwcPi.15456$Cd7.10143@trnddc03... >I could not an Outlook Express user group This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an O...

Mail Server for Win XP
Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out there that will run on a WinXP system. Thanks HL HL649 wrote: > Is it possible to run an Exchange mail server on a winXP system? I > have come to the conclusion that this won't work. If it isn"t > possible, couold someone let me know what mail server software is out > there that will run on a WinXP system. > > Thanks > HL No - Exchange must run on...

Appointment duration different between Outlook and MS-CRM
Does anyone know why an All Day Event on Outlook and an All Day Event in MS-CRM have different durations. It seems that an All Day Event in MS-CRM is calculated based on the individuals start and end times in their CRM user record but an Outlook All Day Event is the full 24 hours regardless of the start and end time you set up in Calendar options. This makes it difficult to use CRM for reporting the total amount of time spent working on a lead or opportunity if individuals are creating all day appointments in Outlook and synchronizing the data back to MS-CRM Any ideas? -- Simon Morri...

Reading Pane Settings