How to send attached urls?

Have been in the habit of sending urls by using 'mail to' from IE.  No
problem at all doing this in OE, but O, very irritatingly blocks them, and
there seems to be no way I can find to take 'URL' off the blocked list -
despite a pop up that says 'send anyway' and then does not let me send!
Files remain unitalicised in the outbox, until the message with the url
plainly in view, has been copied to a new mail and sent again.

The attachment is presumably still there even when there is no pane given
from which one can delete it: unlike in OE, where one sees it plainly in the
attachment pane and can delete it or not as one thinks fit.  Is this just O
being plain silly, or is there a hidden setting somewhere where this can be
put right?

Spect loads of people have asked this, but answer does not immediately
spring from a search of headers so appols if I am being dumb.

Cheers,

spam.free (2)

outlook does let you send it - the message is poorly worded. Yes, you can
get at it to delete it -
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm
--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"pooh" <spam.free@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Have been in the habit of sending urls by using 'mail to' from IE.  No
> problem at all doing this in OE, but O, very irritatingly blocks them, and
> there seems to be no way I can find to take 'URL' off the blocked list -
> despite a pop up that says 'send anyway' and then does not let me send!
> Files remain unitalicised in the outbox, until the message with the url
> plainly in view, has been copied to a new mail and sent again.
>
> The attachment is presumably still there even when there is no pane given
> from which one can delete it: unlike in OE, where one sees it plainly in
> the attachment pane and can delete it or not as one thinks fit.  Is this
> just O being plain silly, or is there a hidden setting somewhere where
> this can be put right?
>
> Spect loads of people have asked this, but answer does not immediately
> spring from a search of headers so appols if I am being dumb.
>
> Cheers,

outlookmvp (5838)
2/28/2007 3:05:58 PM
Thanks very much for the tips Diane:

They seem mainly to deal with problems in opening attachments whereas our
problem is mostly with being denied the facility of sending them. Does this
mean that the security for opening attachments is inseparable from that for
sending them, or is there another way to allow the send but still deny/or
warn against opening?

Also, where are the attachments 'attached' when there is no attachment panel
but O is still denying us the right to send them? (It might help if there
was a view source code tab, like the one we have in OE, but I can't find one
in O.)

Cheers,

> outlook does let you send it - the message is poorly worded. Yes, you can
> get at it to delete it -
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "pooh" <spam.free@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Have been in the habit of sending urls by using 'mail to' from IE.  No
>> problem at all doing this in OE, but O, very irritatingly blocks them,
>> and there seems to be no way I can find to take 'URL' off the blocked
>> list - despite a pop up that says 'send anyway' and then does not let me
>> send! Files remain unitalicised in the outbox, until the message with the
>> url plainly in view, has been copied to a new mail and sent again.
>>
>> The attachment is presumably still there even when there is no pane given
>> from which one can delete it: unlike in OE, where one sees it plainly in
>> the attachment pane and can delete it or not as one thinks fit.  Is this
>> just O being plain silly, or is there a hidden setting somewhere where
>> this can be put right?
>>
>> Spect loads of people have asked this, but answer does not immediately
>> spring from a search of headers so appols if I am being dumb.
>>
>> Cheers,

it's attachment security period - whether sending or receiving - but most
people are more affected by the inability to receive them.

outlook doesn't have a view source tab - the attachment is stored in the
message, same as with any other attachment, but access to it is denied.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Steve H" <steve_a_hawkins@hotSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Thanks very much for the tips Diane:
>
> They seem mainly to deal with problems in opening attachments whereas our
> problem is mostly with being denied the facility of sending them. Does
> this
> mean that the security for opening attachments is inseparable from that
> for
> sending them, or is there another way to allow the send but still deny/or
> warn against opening?
>
> Also, where are the attachments 'attached' when there is no attachment
> panel
> but O is still denying us the right to send them? (It might help if there
> was a view source code tab, like the one we have in OE, but I can't find
> one
> in O.)
>
> Cheers,
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> outlook does let you send it - the message is poorly worded. Yes, you can
>> get at it to delete it -
>> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "pooh" <spam.free@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> Have been in the habit of sending urls by using 'mail to' from IE.  No
>>> problem at all doing this in OE, but O, very irritatingly blocks them,
>>> and there seems to be no way I can find to take 'URL' off the blocked
>>> list - despite a pop up that says 'send anyway' and then does not let me
>>> send! Files remain unitalicised in the outbox, until the message with
>>> the
>>> url plainly in view, has been copied to a new mail and sent again.
>>>
>>> The attachment is presumably still there even when there is no pane
>>> given
>>> from which one can delete it: unlike in OE, where one sees it plainly in
>>> the attachment pane and can delete it or not as one thinks fit.  Is this
>>> just O being plain silly, or is there a hidden setting somewhere where
>>> this can be put right?
>>>
>>> Spect loads of people have asked this, but answer does not immediately
>>> spring from a search of headers so appols if I am being dumb.
>>>
>>> Cheers,

outlookmvp (5838)
2/28/2007 9:29:34 PM
Another good reason for me sticking with OE, while 'Pooh' struggles on with
O.

Cheers

> it's attachment security period - whether sending or receiving - but most
> people are more affected by the inability to receive them.
>
> outlook doesn't have a view source tab - the attachment is stored in the
> message, same as with any other attachment, but access to it is denied.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Steve H" <steve_a_hawkins@hotSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks very much for the tips Diane:
>>
>> They seem mainly to deal with problems in opening attachments whereas our
>> problem is mostly with being denied the facility of sending them. Does
>> this
>> mean that the security for opening attachments is inseparable from that
>> for
>> sending them, or is there another way to allow the send but still deny/or
>> warn against opening?
>>
>> Also, where are the attachments 'attached' when there is no attachment
>> panel
>> but O is still denying us the right to send them? (It might help if there
>> was a view source code tab, like the one we have in OE, but I can't find
>> one
>> in O.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> outlook does let you send it - the message is poorly worded. Yes, you
>>> can
>>> get at it to delete it -
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "pooh" <spam.free@invalid.com> wrote in message

Hi Dianne,

Looked at your 'getexe' link instructions and, as a result tried adding the
suggested 'Level1Remove' line in the registry under
Office\10\Outlook\Security.   Tried adding the value 'url' with and without
a preceding dot: Outlook still denies me the right to send links from 'send
to' in IE.

?

Thanks anyway,

P.

> it's attachment security period - whether sending or receiving - but most
> people are more affected by the inability to receive them.
>
> outlook doesn't have a view source tab - the attachment is stored in the
> message, same as with any other attachment, but access to it is denied.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Steve H" <steve_a_hawkins@hotSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks very much for the tips Diane:
>>
>> They seem mainly to deal with problems in opening attachments whereas our
>> problem is mostly with being denied the facility of sending them. Does
>> this
>> mean that the security for opening attachments is inseparable from that
>> for
>> sending them, or is there another way to allow the send but still deny/or
>> warn against opening?
>>
>> Also, where are the attachments 'attached' when there is no attachment
>> panel
>> but O is still denying us the right to send them? (It might help if there
>> was a view source code tab, like the one we have in OE, but I can't find
>> one
>> in O.)
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> outlook does let you send it - the message is poorly worded. Yes, you
>>> can
>>> get at it to delete it -
>>> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "pooh" <spam.free@invalid.com> wrote in message

spam.free (2)
3/1/2007 4:45:03 PM
Restart Outlook and if it still fails, you didn't do it right - try
attachment options from slovaktech.com so the registry entry is created
correctly.

--

> Hi Dianne,
>
> Looked at your 'getexe' link instructions and, as a result tried adding
> the suggested 'Level1Remove' line in the registry under
> Office\10\Outlook\Security.   Tried adding the value 'url' with and
> without a preceding dot: Outlook still denies me the right to send links
> from 'send to' in IE.
>
> ?
>
> Thanks anyway,
>
> P.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> it's attachment security period - whether sending or receiving - but most
>> people are more affected by the inability to receive them.
>>
>> outlook doesn't have a view source tab - the attachment is stored in the
>> message, same as with any other attachment, but access to it is denied.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "Steve H" <steve_a_hawkins@hotSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks very much for the tips Diane:
>>>
>>> They seem mainly to deal with problems in opening attachments whereas
>>> our
>>> problem is mostly with being denied the facility of sending them. Does
>>> this
>>> mean that the security for opening attachments is inseparable from that
>>> for
>>> sending them, or is there another way to allow the send but still
>>> deny/or
>>> warn against opening?
>>>
>>> Also, where are the attachments 'attached' when there is no attachment
>>> panel
>>> but O is still denying us the right to send them? (It might help if
>>> there
>>> was a view source code tab, like the one we have in OE, but I can't find
>>> one
>>> in O.)
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message

outlookmvp (5838)
3/2/2007 1:17:41 AM
More info:

Interestingly, on 'my side' of the pc where I don't normally use Outlook, I
now find that links attempted to be made via 'mail to' in IE, do appear in
an attachment window in O as they do in OE.  The message that I get above
this is simply that it has not been sent, whereas the other user gets a much
longer message with the reasons for refusal.

Looks more promising than the other user's version, but still it is not sent
even after deleting the attachment from within its window as I do with OE.

Why the programme behaves differently for each user I do not know.

I will have a look into slovatech when I get a bit more time, and let you
know.

Cheers.

> Restart Outlook and if it still fails, you didn't do it right - try
> attachment options from slovaktech.com so the registry entry is created
> correctly.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "pooh" <spam.free@invalid.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Dianne,
>>
>> Looked at your 'getexe' link instructions and, as a result tried adding
>> the suggested 'Level1Remove' line in the registry under
>> Office\10\Outlook\Security.   Tried adding the value 'url' with and
>> without a preceding dot: Outlook still denies me the right to send links
>> from 'send to' in IE.
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Thanks anyway,
>>
>> P.
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> it's attachment security period - whether sending or receiving - but
>>> most people are more affected by the inability to receive them.
>>>
>>> outlook doesn't have a view source tab - the attachment is stored in the
>>> message, same as with any other attachment, but access to it is denied.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>> Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
>>> Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/
>>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips by email:
>>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>>>
>>> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>>> Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:
>>> EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>>

>>> "Steve H" <steve_a_hawkins@hotSPAMmail.com> wrote in message

each version of outlook and IE uses different text in the body to explain
what is going on. But, regardless of what outlook says, the attachment is
just blocked from access - it can still be sent.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"spamlet" <spam.morespam@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> More info:
>
> Interestingly, on 'my side' of the pc where I don't normally use Outlook,
> I now find that links attempted to be made via 'mail to' in IE, do appear
> in an attachment window in O as they do in OE.  The message that I get
> above this is simply that it has not been sent, whereas the other user
> gets a much longer message with the reasons for refusal.
>
> Looks more promising than the other user's version, but still it is not
> sent even after deleting the attachment from within its window as I do
> with OE.
>
> Why the programme behaves differently for each user I do not know.
>
> I will have a look into slovatech when I get a bit more time, and let you
> know.
>
> Cheers.
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Restart Outlook and if it still fails, you didn't do it right - try
>> attachment options from slovaktech.com so the registry entry is created
>> correctly.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> "pooh" <spam.free@invalid.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Dianne,
>>>
>>> Looked at your 'getexe' link instructions and, as a result tried adding
>>> the suggested 'Level1Remove' line in the registry under
>>> Office\10\Outlook\Security.   Tried adding the value 'url' with and
>>> without a preceding dot: Outlook still denies me the right to send links
>>> from 'send to' in IE.
>>>
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Thanks anyway,
>>>
>>> P.
>>>
>>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message

outlookmvp (5838)

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

attachments removed?
How can I get access to an attachment deemed unsafe and removed when I know the attachment is safe and I need it! What version of Outlook? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, lm asked: | How can I get access to an attachment deemed unsafe and | removed when I know the attachment is safe and I need it! Outlook Express 6 >-----Original Message----- &...

Sending mail from remote location

e-mail attached files: asks for administrator approval? my lapto
In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with anyone else???? -- retired jwb "jwb" <jwb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:843441C1-CC67-4F0C-90D3-6D8D1BA20347@microsoft.com... > In using e-mail with attachments: clicking on the attachment, asks for > administrator approval????? my single laptop at home, no connection with > anyone else???? Since you don't state the exact error message. I can only guess, but I guess this: http://www...

Cannot open url's after IE8 Update noe Rollback to IE7
Using a Toshiba laptop with Windows XP SP3 which has McAfee Security Center on it. Important to note, the subscription is current EXCEPT that the McAfee firewall portion is saying it is out of date..... I will address this further below. IE8 diagnose the problem tells me my network is perfectly fine and that ftp, http, and https all work. Firefox works. Someone logging in remotely to my machine works. Ping yahoo.com works. I have reset my all in one DSL modem/router but that did not matter ** SO ** I uninstalled IE8 which took the machine back down to IE7. Why did I do t...

Send and Recieve Fix

.EMAIL ATTACHMENTS #2
I have received emails lately that have an attachment with the extension of .email. I can't get these attachments to open. When I double click, it appears to start to open, but really nothing happens. Any advice? Please respond to email address above. Thanks! The closest "legal" file extension would be .eml , which is the Outlook Express default file extension. Regardless of the file name, extension type, you should be very careful with any file attachments if they are unexpected from people you do not know. If the message is from someone you are expecting a file att...

Unable to send?

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

Send Do Not Send

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

What was Outlook sending?

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Can't save attachments to server
One of my users has a new machine - windows xp pro sp2 and Outlook 2003 Two problems have started. 1. she cannot save email attachments directly to the server. She will get a message about access denied. She has to save them to the desktop first and then drag them to the server. The server is a Mac OS X server with windows clients. It is not a problem with the server because if I login to that server from another machine with her account there is no problem saving the attachments. 2. If she double clicks an attachment and word or excel is not already running it will not open the attachme...

notes / attachments not migrating when lead is converted
I am building out our processes right now. When I put notes/attachments on a lead and then convert it to an Opportunity / Account / Customer - it disappears... anyone know what could be causing this... I looked to see if there was some mapping info under the deployment manager but could not find anything... Thanks! Laurie Notes/Activities stay with the lead - they do not convert.... on your new account - click on the link to the lead and you will see the notes there... "Bahj" <lauriebaggio@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:24303686.0310301307.6c839c36@posting.google.com.....

Auto merging Excel attachments
Hi I'm not even sure this is entirely an Excel question but anyway...every day I get emailed an Excel attachment of new data that I'm then to add to a master worksheet of all the previous emailed data. Up until now I have been opening the attachment, copying the contents and pasting into the master worksheet. Is there any way I can auto extract the contents of the attachment and consolidate into one spreadsheet, so it becomes an automated update of the master spreadsheet? Kind of like parsing an email's text into a spreadsheet, but extracting the contents of the attachment, rat...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...