How to: selected messages create "new message alert"?

Hi,
using Outlook 2002  I would like some mails to be automatically moved to a
specific mailbox and NOT create a new message alert (sound, letter icon in
taskbar). This might be for example postlists I'm subscribed to since there
are sometimes minutes between messages...

Is this possible? VB scripting maybe?

thanx
 David

0
dbth (5)

Uncheck the universal new mail sound and set it individually on your mails
via rules wizard.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Dav�� ��risson
asked:

| Hi,
| using Outlook 2002  I would like some mails to be automatically moved
| to a specific mailbox and NOT create a new message alert (sound,
| letter icon in taskbar). This might be for example postlists I'm
| subscribed to since there are sometimes minutes between messages...
|
| Is this possible? VB scripting maybe?
|

| thanx
|  David

0
MillyS5166 (1132)

How to: selected messages create "new message alert"?
Hi, using Outlook 2002 I would like some mails to be automatically moved to a specific mailbox and NOT create a new message alert (sound, letter icon in taskbar). This might be for example postlists I'm subscribed to since there are sometimes minutes between messages... Is this possible? VB scripting maybe? thanx David Uncheck the universal new mail sound and set it individually on your mails via rules wizard. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my person...

New message alert to mobile phone
Hi, is there any way to configure Exchange - possibly using OMA - to send a notification/alert to a user's mobile phone (via SMS) saying that a new e-mail has arrived for that person i.e. for security and privacy reasons we don't want any details of the e-mail sent just the fact that one has arrived??? Many thanks. ...