How to script user account?

Hi there,

My company switch our email system to another company.
because of that we need to add to the username in outlook 2003
change from username to username@mycompany.com
(just add the @mycompany.com to the username)
And the SMTP port from 111 to 110 (default port)

Is there any way to create a vbs script that change this registry
configuration
When the user click on that file it will automatically modify these two
parameters?

we have about 150 users in 4 different states and it's very difficult to do
it manually

Thanks an advance

Oded Dror

0
odeddror (5)

Delete Other Users Folders
Another user went to File/Open/Other User's Folder and added my Inbox. I have gone in and removed all permissions and sharing from my side, but the user still can go to File/Open and open my Inbox. How can I remove my Inbox from that selection on their menu? My Inbox appears nowhere else in their Outlook, (folder list or anywhere)??? That menu listing is just a last used list. When they open many other folders of other users it will fall off eventually. Another (drastic) way is to recreate the e-mail profile. Have your mail administrator check the permissions on your mailbox ...

Reject script in pass through san script not working
I have a scenario that i had to check for dependencies of divisions(Human Resources) before their deletion and decide whether to let deletion proceed or not, i had done this for many entities like department(Dynamics) in my development dictionary, i registered a focus trigger before delete button of department form and checked dependencies for it on triggered script and allow or prevent deletion successfully. Now for division that is in the human resources dictionary i registered a cross-dictionary focus trigger to run before delete buttons change event as result = Trigger_RegisterFocus...

Sort Column Script
I need to have a script in Excel that would allow the sorting of columns from column "D" to the column before the last column with data. I do not want the last column sorted. The criteria for the sort is in row 1 (Name of an employee). Additional columns will be inserted between column "D" and the last column so they need to be sorted. I hope this is clear. Can someone please assist me? Thank you! Bernie Bernie How can someone named Bernie NOT know how to do this? ;-) Sub BernieSort() Range(Range(Range("D1"), Range("D1").End(xlDown)), _ ...

Searching with the correct account
Hello, We have a farm which had been set up using the farm admin account for doing the search crawls, as the default content access account. I know this is bad, and may crawl information which should not be exposed. There are a couple other accounts available for this task, but before assigning one of them, how can I verify that they in fact have 'read access to the content being crawled'? Is this something the DBA of the SQL server can tell me? or is there a test I can run? Thanks, Keith you can see the "policy for web application" menu in Applicat...

User access to Service Calendar
Hi there, I would like to know if it's possible to give access to all users to see the organisation's service calendar. thanx give the user Organization level privelege in Read permission of the Calendar "Lebo" <Lebo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4E90C00-CF3F-43C8-9D05-C095C98F8052@microsoft.com... > Hi there, > > I would like to know if it's possible to give access to all users to see > the > organisation's service calendar. > > thanx ...

Script error found during opening Dynamics
I just upgrade to the latest Canada Payroll tax update, when one of the user who sign on to Dynamics after upgrade, she got the "Internet Explorer Script Error" window pop up and saying "An error has occurred in the script on this page" Line: 335 Char: 6 Error: The data is invalid Code: 0 URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/UserA/Local%20Settings/Temp/tmpAD1.tmp I tried to clear all the temp file in this folder but still no luck to get rid of this message during loading Dynamics. I asked the user to click on "Yes" button to continue "D...

owa2003 cannot logon with normal user account
I am running exchange2003. When I access to OWA with a normal user, I will get error "http/1.1 500 Internal Server error". If I would to log on to OWA with an account with administrator right, there is no problem to access owa. Then if I tried to logon to OWA again with a normal user after the administrator account above has logged on, this normal user can access to owa now. This happened everything after the exchange2003 server is rebooted or the iisadmin was reset And when I click the logoff icon, the account with administrator has no problem with the logoff, but everytimes the no...

Create Exchange 2003 mailboxes for existing users in AD
I need to migrate several hundred users to Exchange 2003 from another mail system at the same company. These users already exist the in company AD. Is there an easy way to accomplish this task? \ Thanks for any advice you can give me. js If they are all in the same OU the easiest way is to select them all using, and then run the Exchange Tasks on them to create mailboxes. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "JimS" <JimMnospamSmith@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u19fsYb%23DHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I need to ...

How do I get the identity of the current user...
For a web app running on an intranet, how do I get the identity of the current user? They have to be logged onto our domain so I should be able to access their identity. On 3/3/2010 3:08 PM, dgk wrote: > For a web app running on an intranet, how do I get the identity of the > current user? They have to be logged onto our domain so I should be > able to access their identity. HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name. -- Mike On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 16:45:28 -0500, Family Tree Mike <FamilyTreeMike@ThisOldHouse.com> wrote: >On 3/3/2010 3:08 PM, dgk wrote: >>...

First time user
I bought a computer that came with a version of Microsoft Money. I was wandering how good this program is. I have used Quicken before, but never Money. I was debating on which one to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I bought a computer that came with a version of Microsoft >Money. I was wandering how good this program is. I have >used Quicken before, but never Money. I was debating on >which one to use. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You can use both for a while and decide. To really appreciate Money, y...

Dump user mailbox sizes?
Hello, I'm looking for a script sample that dumps all user accounts from AD and includes the size of their mailbox. Does anyone have anything to point me in the right direction? Troy Here is some code to get the data. Now you just need to tweak it to accept a list and output it to a file. How to Determine the Size of an Exchange 2000 Server Mailbox with ADO http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255992 HOWTO: Determine the Size of Exchange 2000 Server Mailbox with ADO in C++ http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291368 You can also export the data from Exchange System Manager based on a...

VBA script help..Please !!!!
I have been given the script below by Ron De Bruin - and I can't thank him enough, however I'm still scratching my head as it doesn't EXACTLY what I want. I want ALL the built in command bars/toolbars etc that are shown in a normal excel sheet to be hidden when I open my 'Log' - EXCEPT my own personal toolbar named 'LOG' and the 'Worksheet Menu Bar'. 2 problems arise from the script below :- 1) The Worksheet Menu Bar is displayed, but my 'LOG' toolbar is not. 2) If I open another seperate excel sheet, all the same commands have been copied to...

Sending through a default account
Is there a way to override the habit Outlook 2003 has of sending email replies through the same account on which they were received? I am in the middle of switching everybody off of an exchange box to a pop3 solution and until everybody on the outside has the new email address I need to reply to messages received through Exchange via the pop3. Thanks Wowbagger wrote: > Is there a way to override the habit Outlook 2003 has of sending email > replies through the same account on which they were received? I don't think so....although I don't have OL2003 here. If people want to ...

Order Name J Script
Hi I want to automatically populate the order name to customer name + date. This is the script I have but it shows the dayand time etc. I want to format the date such that it is dd-mm-yy format. How do i go about this please? var lookupItem = new Array; lookupItem = crmForm.all.customerid.DataValue; var d = new Date(); if (lookupItem[0] != null) { crmForm.all.name.DataValue = lookupItem[0].name +" : " + d; } You might want to take a look at the snippets below to munipulate datetimes. http://snippets.dzone.com/posts/show/932 Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe http://www.cro...

OWA in 2K
I have a very strange problem. A single user cannot log into OWA. Every time he tries he gets "HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized". I have checked all the permissions, he can get to his mail through an outlook client, he get get into the public folder through OWA (my public folder requires user and pass, so this confirms that his user and pass are working). I do not believe this is actually a security issue, I attempted to access the user's mailbox with http//server/exchange/user and put my own user and pass in (after giving myself permissions to access this user's mailbox). I still...

Script running other scripts return values
hello I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on them, Can't I have one script that runs all of them? I would want to check a returned variable to is one script has a failure, the later one won't get executed. Can't I just use the .Run method? How do I return a value from one script, and read it in the other script? Thanks "Bill" <someplace@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:e72gZtg7KHA.5644@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > hello > > I've got series of VB scripts that I run manually buy clicking on...

how to set up account protection for Outlook 2003?
Hi all, I have two questions. I need your help! Q1: Both my roommate and I use our computer to check emails. Can Outlook 2003 be configured to support multiple users -- she and I both have each own separate mailbox in Outlook 2003 and no privacy will be compromised and we use "username" and "password" to get into each person's mailbox in Outlook 2003? Because we want to be able to have Outlook open all the time and download all emails automatically from our multiple email accounts: such as company email account, yahoo, hotmail, etc. We don't want to check ...

Sending emails form the defult account
hi all, I'm using outlook 2007 and I have 2 accounts, I want to make replies through the defult account, but when I reply to the undefult account email it will send the emails form it. How can I let it send all emails for the both accounts by the defult account only. Thanks all By default a reply is sent from the account it was received on, hence you have change the account used for sending, manually "Misho" <Misho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1FA24A55-D7EA-4DDA-8CF8-AF550F8E4660@microsoft.com... > hi all, > > I'...

vba Search Script for outlook?
I'm looking for some way to script a search for approximately 35 keywords within a PST file... I would like for the script to create a subfolder for each key word, then place a COPY of any message found withing the PST into the associated subfolder.. Anyone ever do anything like this before?? Troy ...

User Manager Pro
Can someone clarify something for us In running User Manager Pro (http://www.liebsoft.com/index.cfm/products/ump), we noticed that this software retrieves information from our domain including machine info and transfers it back to their IP location via HTTP. Doesn't that constitute as SPYWARE or a class of software (control of a computer's operation without the informed consent of that machine's owner or legitimate user - per Wikipedia)? For a company that is suppose to be a MS Gold Partner and is in the security field, this sure seems to go against the rules. Thanks. ...

invalid user authorization 10-29-07
I am getting an invalid user authorization error message when trying to create leads / accounts using a specific security role. If I change the security role of the user then they don't have the problem, also if I swap the security role for a user and they create a lead and then I swap them back it will be ok for an undetermined period of time before it starts throwing exceptions. Does anyone know what may be wrong, I can't change the role of the user permanently as the different roles allow the user to perform different actions in the application. TIA I have sorted the prob...

Is user login ?
How can I check from service if user is logged to system? ...

Relationship between user and organizer
What is relationship between "User" and "Organizer of a outlook activity. I ask this question as I am getting an error reading when syncing with Ezdata upon adding a task in outlook. I get the following error from Ezdata " Activity can be added/update to Smartoffice only if User is the Organizer of Outlook Activity. I have no idea what this means? -- rds ...

ANy script for this?
Hi all, I need to run the script on our file servers to get Last Acesses Date more than 180 days. It should search the sub-folders too. Windows 2003 server. Thank you. "ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> said this in news item news:4FF557C4-643F-4EB1-9738-AF22E0F1693E@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I need to run the script on our file servers to get Last Acesses Date more > than 180 > days. It should search the sub-folders too. > Windows 2003 server. > > Thank you. Use the code you received in the Server group, leaving &...

Creating Bulk users
Does anyone know of a scipt that will create hundreds or thousands of users accounts? I'm simulating our production enviroment and need wanted to dublicate the user accounts if possible. Or is there a scipt out there that will create some fake user accounts by a scipt, once again I need several thousand users to test and dont wont to create them by hand. Try the VBScript from here: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/user/scrug55.mspx Good luck. Roneil "BS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d1cc01c4231e$88144f80$...