How to Save Email, without extra folder being created

Whenever I try to save an email in Outlook 2007 to a customer file, an
additional folder gets created. Is there a way around this. It looks like
saving it as an .mht file, but is there a way to have outlook 2007
automatically default to this save as type?
0
Stoney (3)

No, you cant pick a default save as type, but you might be able to use VBA
to automate it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"Stoney" <Stoney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I try to save an email in Outlook 2007 to a customer file, an
> additional folder gets created. Is there a way around this. It looks like
> saving it as an .mht file, but is there a way to have outlook 2007
> automatically default to this save as type?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
4/28/2009 11:52:34 PM
Not sure I understand your problem, but I've had something similar which may
help.
When saving to customer file using Express, one just 'saves' as a email.  in
Outlook there's a drop down menu with several format choices.  Use number
three 'Outlook Message format' - this also saves any attachments to that
email, and from then on works exactly like Express.

"Stoney" wrote:

> Whenever I try to save an email in Outlook 2007 to a customer file, an
> additional folder gets created. Is there a way around this. It looks like
> saving it as an .mht file, but is there a way to have outlook 2007
> automatically default to this save as type?
0
Eric1 (389)

Creating a table
There's probably an easier way to do it but... I have a series of numbers in column A (150 in all) and a series of letters in column B (22 in all). In total there are 4800 rows. What I am trying to do is create a table with the number down the left hand side and the letters across the top. In each cell within the table I need to count how many times the combination of number/letter appears. Eg: A B C 201 0 2 2 202 3 0 1 203 3 6 4 I tried combining the number/letter into a single text field using the CONCATENATE function then filtering ...

WM_QUERYENDSESSION and saving data through a worker thread
Hello I have an application that uses a worker thread to save/load data. I'm wondering what is the best reaction to WM_QUERYENDSESSION in my case. I have to possible scenarios: 1. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and wait for it to end. Only then return TRUE from WM_QUERYENDSESSION handler. The problem is that I will get nusty dialog that my application "is not responding". 2. When WM_QUERYENDSESSION comes fire the thread and return FALSE from the handler. When thread is done force application to end. But this way I will probably prevent Windows from closing,...

Saving MY Calendar into "Publication-Calendar"
My problem is that I have to make a certain type of calendar in every month. It would save lots of time forme if I could find a way that I could save my "calendar setting" and also be able to apply the new month's settings. There is any way that I could save my "home-made" calendar into "Publications-Calendar" and call it up just like the other calendars? Thanks. If you have repeating items you just use the Merge for those items every month. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" I do not understand ho...

Shared Mailbox Folders
Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh administrator. I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user OS = SBS 2003 Prem Many thanks Dave On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:51:02 -0800, dpnews <dpnews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh >administrator. >I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user > >OS = SBS 2003 Prem > >Many thanks >Dave I think this is what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/82...

How do I find Outlook 2007 archive folders that disappeared?
I set up archive folders and could view them, stored onto a spearate hard disk.Today, when Outlook loaded, the archive folder group has disappearedd from view and I do not know how to find/restore.Any ideas? Check again in Folder Tree View Otherwise, within Outlook, File>Open>Data File.........browse to the location and open the Archive If the location is an external drive, if that drive is not connected when you start Outlook, OL will complain "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5564BC1C-D07C-4820-8CC4-C585F6E7DB5D@microsoft.com... >...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

view email maximised
I've just upgraded to OE v6. When I double-click on an email to read it, the window returned is too small to be useful. How do I get maximised windows automatically when reading emails ? Cheers. ...

problems in creating file dialog in tab control
Hi,I am creating a tab control and want to pop up a file dialog when clicking one tab page. but now, the file dialog was shown up at the same time with tab control, not after selecting one page. Could some guys help me? Thanks David GetClientRect(hwndParent,&rcClient); InitCommonControls(); hwndTabCtrl=CreateWindow(WC_TABCONTROL,"", WS_CHILD|WS_CLIPSIBLINGS|WS_VISIBLE,0,0,rcClient.right,rcClient.bottom,hwndParent,NULL,g_hinst,NULL); if(hwndTabCtrl==NULL) AfxMessageBox("can't create tab control window"); m_tcitem.mask=TCIF_TEXT|TCIF_IMAGE; m_tcitem.iIma...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Saving a Custom Color Palette
I would like to save customized color palettes for workbooks involved with image editing. Is there a way to do this in XL2000 other than defining a palette in a specific workbook... that's ok, but if you do a reset you loose your custom job! ? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Bob, > >If you setup the custom palette with a new workbook open, and then save the >workbook as Book.xlt in the Excel startup directory, it will be with you >forever. > >-- > HTH > > ------- > > Bob Phillips > ... looking out across Poole Harbour to t...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

Outlook 2000 won't delete emails
"The messaging interface has returned an unknown error" It says, helpfully. It leaves emails still sitting in the Inbox that I want to consign to the delete box. Oddly enough, if I go to another folder and delete something there, it will sometimes work - and then even allow me to delete a message or two from the Inbox before reverting to the error message. I've removed Outlook and re-installed it, with no improvement. No idea why this problem has arisen - it was fine till yesterday and I've not altered anything in the meantime. Any ideas? ...

how can i set this to save atomaticly
please tell me how to make this save my work automaticly. In Publisher 2000 you can have it "remind you to save" automatically. Tools, Options, User Assistance -- Don Vancouver, USA "MUCCA" <MUCCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2BAE6F82-16EF-4F34-8866-9BE66333656A@microsoft.com... > please tell me how to make this save my work automaticly. MUCCA wrote: > please tell me how to make this save my > work automaticly. =================================== This? Are you referring to Microsoft Publisher? Which version? -- John Inzer retu...

save accounts similar outlook express
How I save account POP mails configurations in Outlook 2003 similar ao outlook express? thanks Marina Using the office save my settings wizard or a 3rd party program. http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm#accounts -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-ti...

How do I work in excel and then save it as a doc or docx?
I need to be able to work in excell and then save it in doc or docx format. If I cannot do this, can I make doc or docx so that I can use the automatic sum? In Word, you can use AutoSum of the Tables and Borders toolbar to sum the values in table. But when you change the values, you need to right-click the total value to refresh it. It can not update auto. Lee Li Fong http://smartusemicrosoftoffice.blogspot.com/ Hi Nadine, You can open a Word document and Insert -> Object -> Microsoft Excel Worksheet Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com ...

Multiple instance of a system folder
Hi, I am stuck up where my Exchange server shows multiple instance of SCHEDULE+FREE BUSY system folder. It should be noted that ESM by itself shows only one instance of SCHEDULE+FREE BUSY folder !!?? It is only when i use custom search in Active Directory it show two instances of it in the First Administrative Group. How can i make sure which one is the correct and is associated with the one showing in ESM? Because of this issue my Calendar Connector service is not starting. Any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance, Where do you see these multiple instances? -- Ed Crowle...

Gmail IMAP one folder appeares empty
Using Outlook 2007 I use a Gmail account to store my important stuff in folders and subfolders. It works fine except for one folder (which I happen to store my really-important stuff). In Outlook this folder appears empty. It exists on Gmail via browser and the files are visible there and if I use Thunderbird. What's going wrong? -- Jim S Tyneside UK www.jimscott.co.uk ...

Editing emails
Hi there We recently moved to Outlook 2003 and not only can you edit the subject line, but if you right click on the message and select Edit Message you can edit the message. This replaces what was originally sent to you. We would like to disable this feature before users accidentally discover it. Can it be disabled? Thanks in advance. Kylie B All versions of Outlook have always worked this way -- as do other mail = programs. Once the user receives the message, it's theirs to do with as = they wish. If you want to restrict that, you would need to add a layer = of message security...

SAVING PART OF SHEET
I have a workbook that has 5 sheets. I print off a section of sheet 1 and ideally this is the only part of the sheet I want saved in my archives . Any idea how I could set my workbook up so that I can save just a part of the sheet or even only sheet 1 of the workbook? cheers gregorK gregork You can't save part of a workbook. You can however, copy the sheet or part of it to a new workbook and save that workbook. File>New>Workbook Copy the sheet or part of sheet from original workbook to new workbook. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 12:37:58 +1300, "gregork"...

Auto Save on closing
I would like to auto save an excel workbook using a cell value as the file name and save it in a specific folder ie My Documents\Quotes. I have been unable to find an answer to this in previous responses. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance -- AJM1949 Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value End Sub 'This is workbook event code. 'To input this code, right click on the Excel icon on the worksheet '(or next to the File menu if you maximise your workboo...

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

"Disk is full" saving to network
I have a client that is running Publisher 2000 with SP4 on XP Sp1. Their server OS is 2003 Small Business edition. They work on their docs from a share on the server by opening, changing then "save as". When they save, the message "Disk is full" appears. I have verified that disk quotas have been disabled, plenty of disk space is available, virus scans and spy-ware scans have been run. The only work around is to copy the document locally, make changes then copy back to the network share. Any help or advise??!!! Tony Ashby wrote: > I have a client that is running P...

Plain Text email unreadable
I previously used WinXP & O2K3. Recently I reloaded my machine with Vista & O2K3. New installation, not upgrade. Ever since the switch, emails from one specific sender are being received and are unreadable. The emails are in plain text and the header is readable but the body of the emails are garbage. I have viewed the emails via webmail and they look fine. when I open outlook and download the messages into my local PST they are unreadable. I am using the same version of O2K3 and can't figure this out. I am able to receive plain text emails from other senders ...

Email rules.
Hello, I added an second email account in my smtp setting as secondary and created a rule in my outlook to forward emails received to this second SMPT to a group of users. This work fine but it will be better to have this done by the Exchange 2000 server. Is there a way to do this at the Exchange server level? and not from outlook so if my outlook is not open it will still forward those emails. Thanks. You could create a Distribution List and assign it that smtp email address. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog -----------------------------------------...