how to save customized view

Hi folks,
I remember that I have read  something like
being able to save customized view settings in outlook.
Since I have many customizations, I would
like to save them maybe as a backup to a seperate folder,
so that I can return back to my settings if I will ever
need to reinstall outlook.
Is this possible?

0
t24680 (116)

Hi,

Unfortunately there is not a way to backup custom views settings in Outlook.

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>From: "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com>
>Subject: how to save customized view
>Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:12:49 +0200
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook,microsoft.public.outlook.general
>
>Hi folks,
>I remember that I have read  something like
>being able to save customized view settings in outlook.
>Since I have many customizations, I would
>like to save them maybe as a backup to a seperate folder,
>so that I can return back to my settings if I will ever
>need to reinstall outlook.
>Is this possible?

0
scatki (156)
6/24/2005 4:40:51 PM
are you using a pst? make a copy of it - you can delete the mail and other
items in it by opening it using File, open, outlook data file to make it
smaller. Copying the views to a new pst requires a few steps but it's
doable.

BTW - if you regularly make backups of the pst, you have the views backed up
also.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi folks,
> I remember that I have read  something like
> being able to save customized view settings in outlook.
> Since I have many customizations, I would
> like to save them maybe as a backup to a seperate folder,
> so that I can return back to my settings if I will ever
> need to reinstall outlook.
> Is this possible?

0
msnews1660 (730)
6/25/2005 2:08:43 AM
steps to copy views are here:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_views.htm

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> are you using a pst? make a copy of it - you can delete the mail and other
> items in it by opening it using File, open, outlook data file to make it
> smaller. Copying the views to a new pst requires a few steps but it's
> doable.
>
> BTW - if you regularly make backups of the pst, you have the views backed
> up also.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi folks,
>> I remember that I have read  something like
>> being able to save customized view settings in outlook.
>> Since I have many customizations, I would
>> like to save them maybe as a backup to a seperate folder,
>> so that I can return back to my settings if I will ever
>> need to reinstall outlook.
>> Is this possible?

0
msnews1660 (730)
6/25/2005 4:33:51 AM
thanx!
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e5COa8TeFHA.4016@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
steps to copy views are here:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/copy_views.htm

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <diane.poremsky+msnews@gmail.com> wrote in message
> are you using a pst? make a copy of it - you can delete the mail and other
> items in it by opening it using File, open, outlook data file to make it
> smaller. Copying the views to a new pst requires a few steps but it's
> doable.
>
> BTW - if you regularly make backups of the pst, you have the views backed
> up also.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

> "exciter" <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi folks,
>> I remember that I have read  something like
>> being able to save customized view settings in outlook.
>> Since I have many customizations, I would
>> like to save them maybe as a backup to a seperate folder,
>> so that I can return back to my settings if I will ever
>> need to reinstall outlook.
>> Is this possible?

0
t24680 (116)

spreadsheet with several row, looking to view one at a time while.
I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, with the top 2 rows frozen to view as I scroll down the list of rows. I would like to bring the rows to meet the frozen information but it is only letting me see every 3rd row instead of each row one at a time. Thanks How are you scrolling? If I scroll with my mouse wheel I get what you describe, but if I scroll with the right scroll bar/arrows I get one row at a time. HTH Otto "Angie" <Angie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:214FF948-D453-4945-9E47-756A86717ABD@microsoft.com... >I have 193 rows on my spreadsheet, w...

printing customer statements.
Two of my RMS customers are very unhappy about the lack of options in printing customer statements. I have not been able to find a solution for either customer. Dixie Products, Inc. needs to print selected groups of customer statements. They have different types of customers and have requested the ability to select out which customer statements to print. Dixie upgraded to RMS from Quick Sell 2000. They say QS2000 had the ability to run selected statements and they would not have purchased RMS if they had known of this limitation. Another Customer needs to exclude printing statements w...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

View
For my checking account under View I normally select Sort by Date - Sort Increasing. Periodically without me making any changes the view on its own switches to Sort Decreasing. I must have a gremlin in the computer. How do I get it to stop. Thanks, Len Urban ...

Save and save as

Saving Images

Changing views in a CSplitterWnd
Hi, I have a CSplitterWnd in a multiple document. I need to be able to changes views of type CScrollView in one of the panes in a static splitterbar. Is it possible to change them without destroying and creating them every time? I found some examples, but it seems they work only for FormViews. Thanks, Behzad Why not hide the previous view and (create) show the new one. If I was doing it I would create the intial one, and when I would need to display a new one, hide the old view, I would check to see if I have created one of the new ones yet, if not create the new view, if so simply sho...

Outlook- Customize Outlook today
Hello, After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? Jeff This may help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08d501c3b28e$fd373620$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > > After I downloaded windows update I'm no longer able to > use the Customize Outlook today button. I get no errors. I > get nothing at all. Any idea's how to fix this? > &...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

How to view multiple users in the calendar?
Does any one know a setting or how to show many users in the calendar?? ...

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Custom Lists
I use Excel in Spanish but I need to insert days of the week in english. That is why I created two custom lists, one goes from Monday to Friday and the other one from Monday to Sunday. But when I write Monday in a cell and select to fill series, Excel automatically inserts only the last list I created. How can I differentiate one from the other? Thanks in advance Regards, Emece.- ...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Custom ADM Template Problem
I'm trying to make a registry change via GPO and have written this ADM file, but the change never takes place on the computer I'm testing. I can see the GP is applied. Am I doing something wrong? I copied this format from one my other ADM files that does work. CLASS MACHINE CATEGORY "Metco" CATEGORY "AutoDisconnect Changes" POLICY "Changes Autodisconnect Timeout" Explain !!AutoDisconnect KEYNAME "SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\lanmanserver\parameters" VALUENAME "autodisconnect" VALUE NUMERIC 4294967295 ...

Custom CRM report using Crystal Reports
I am trying to create a custom report for CRM using Crystal Reports. From SQL Server Query Analyzer I can get the information I need with the following query: SELECT s.value, s.attributevalue, accountcategorycode FROM account a JOIN stringmap s ON s.attributevalue=a.accountcategorycode and s.attributename='accountcategorycode' ORDER BY s.value However, I cannot create this JOIN ("link" in Crystal Reports termonology). When I try to JOIN the tables, Crystal tells me the data types are incompatible. In SQL Server, the account.accountcategorycode and the stringmap.attribu...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...