How to restore a deleted Folder

Hi
I have accedently deleted my receiving folder.
Is it possible to restore it.
If yes how can I restore it.

Thank you

--
Viper

It should show up as a subfolder of your Deleted Items folder then unless
you've already confirmed it to delete it permanently.

Restoring methods completely depend on your version of Outlook and type of
mail account that you are using. Restoring from backup will always work of
course.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Viper" <Viper.509d527@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> Hi
> I have accedently deleted my receiving folder.
> Is it possible to restore it.
> If yes how can I restore it.
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> Viper

0
Roady
10/1/2009 7:55:16 AM
"Viper" <Viper.509d527@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I have accedently deleted my receiving folder.
> Is it possible to restore it.
> If yes how can I restore it.

What's "your receiving folder"?  Usually, Outlook receives mail into Inox and
it should be impossible to delete Inbox.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
10/1/2009 4:45:39 PM
'Roady [MVP Wrote:
> ;325549']It should show up as a subfolder of your Deleted Items folder
> then unless
> you've already confirmed it to delete it permanently.
>
> Restoring methods completely depend on your version of Outlook and type
> of
> mail account that you are using. Restoring from backup will always work
> of
> course.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Viper" Viper.509d527@outlookbanter.com wrote in message
>
> Hi
> I have accedently deleted my receiving folder.
> Is it possible to restore it.
> If yes how can I restore it.
>
> Thank you
>

> --
> Viper -
Thank you for your reply

I checked and there is no folder in my deleted items.
I added a  subfolder  named TMP in my Inbox, after deleating, I went to
look for it in the deleted Items and it was not there nor in the recycle
bin.
So where could it go.
I'm using MS Office Enterprise.

--
Viper
"Viper" <Viper.50b26a1@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> I checked and there is no folder in my deleted items.
> I added a  subfolder  named TMP in my Inbox, after deleating, I went to
> look for it in the deleted Items and it was not there nor in the recycle
> bin.

You won't see it by opening Deleted Items and looking in the message list.
Look at your Deleted Items folder and you should see  aplus sign just to its
left.  Click the plus and you should see the deleted folder as a subfolder.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
10/2/2009 12:38:58 PM
It will not be in Windows Recycle bin - it will be in Outlook's Deleted
items folder unless you did Shift+Delete, then its gone.

--

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010
http://forums.slipstick.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34

"Viper" <Viper.50b26a1@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> 'Roady [MVP Wrote:
>> ;325549']It should show up as a subfolder of your Deleted Items folder
>> then unless
>> you've already confirmed it to delete it permanently.
>>
>> Restoring methods completely depend on your version of Outlook and type
>> of
>> mail account that you are using. Restoring from backup will always work
>> of
>> course.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Viper" Viper.509d527@outlookbanter.com wrote in message
>>
>> Hi
>> I have accedently deleted my receiving folder.
>> Is it possible to restore it.
>> If yes how can I restore it.
>>
>> Thank you
>>

>> --
>> Viper -
> Thank you for your reply
>
> I checked and there is no folder in my deleted items.
> I added a  subfolder  named TMP in my Inbox, after deleating, I went to
> look for it in the deleted Items and it was not there nor in the recycle
> bin.
> So where could it go.
> I'm using MS Office Enterprise.
>

> --
> Viper

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/2/2009 12:41:15 PM
Try the data-recover tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. It can help
to undelete the emails you delete by mistake. You can download a free
demo version at  http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe .

And visiting http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ can get detailed
information about Advanced Outlook Repair.

Wangdong
0
wangdong (38)
10/13/2009 1:20:29 PM
Try the data-recover tool called Advanced Outlook Repair. It can help
to undelete the emails you delete by mistake. You can download a free
demo version at  http://www.datanumen.com/aor/aor.exe .

And visiting http://www.datanumen.com/aor/ can get detailed
information about Advanced Outlook Repair.

Wangdong

0
wangdong (38)

There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook
The help file shows how to backup the address book to a .pst file but is nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else??? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid...

Deleting Shapes
Is it possible to delete a picture or shape from a worksheet using VBA by referencing the cell that it is placed on? I have a few pictures on a sheet, placed there by referencing certain cells. I'm trying to right a few arguments in excel, and depending on the boolean, I would like the picture removed from the cell. Any suggestions would be great. You could cycle through all the pictures looking for where they are. If they're over your cell, then delete it. Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim myCell As Range Dim myRng As Range Dim myPic As Picture With Ac...

System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point
My system is windows XP had a new hard drive installed 2008 with more space on it. Don't know what happened to the recovery CD for it, don't have it now, I think that's probably what I would need to repair it, any other way to fix it. Need help any one thank you. System Restore does not go any further then Select a Restore Point, the (next) button does not function, because of a restoration to ''Software Distribution Service 3.0'' restore point was incomplete due to an improper shutdown. A system restore was necessary, I thought because I coul...

One Email Will Not Delete
I have receieved an email that says "This item cannot be displayed in the reading pane. This item has not been received from the server" Now, in Outlook there is a little box to the left of the letter and what looks like a little telephone as well. The problem is that I cannot delete the mail. All is does is strike a line through the message but will not delete it. What can I do to delete this from Outlook 2003? Thanks so much! Terri <phiter@mail.com> wrote: > I have receieved an email that says "This item cannot be displayed in > the reading pane. This ite...

Deleting unused folders
A few years ago GFI was configured here such that the filters move spam email into separate spam folders under Inbox, with names such as Bayesian, SPF, Keyword, and Blacklist. This was done initially so that we could get an idea of which filters were catching spam, and which were more likely to get false positives. We are now very tired of having to check all these folders, so we're going to reconfigure them all to move mail to the user's Junk Email folder. My question is this: is there an easy way to delete all of these now unnecessary folders? Or do I need to tell my users th...

Restoring a Database
I created a back-up of my RMS database using Store Operations manager. When I go to restore the databse on a different computer (at a different location), I get an "Unable to Restore Error 5- Access is Denied." I have the sa password the same on both machines. Any suggestins? ...

How to delete system public folder in Exchange?
Hello, does anybody know how to remove the system public folder? My situation is as follow: I have created new offline address list named "Test Offline Address List" for testing purposes. I deleted this list few days after. I expected that public folder "/o=My_Organization/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=Test Offline Address List" which is under OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK will have been deleted after public store maintenance. But I was wrong. So I tryied to delete the subfolders "OAB Version 2" and "OAB Version 3a" myself within ESM. Deletion was successful. But I ...

Changing view on multiple folders?
Is it possible to change a view or view settings to multiple folders in one step or do I have to do repeat the steps for each folder? Thanks Malin ...

Exchange 2K restore from backup
Hi there We have a server running sbs2K. A couple of days ago a public folder was deleted from outlook. No one noticed for until today. We run complete backups of exchange using ntbackup. So I completed a current full backup. When I tried a restore from a 2 day old backup for the public information store the restored database failed to mount. It stated that the log files were inconsistant I then tried a full restore of both the public store and the mailbox store with the log files as well. This also failed in the same way. I have ended up restoring the current database which ran fine Being ...

Macro for refresh folder
Hi All, Would like to know how to write a macro in outlook to click on tools -> refresh this folder. Please help. With kind regards Oracleinform ...

Public Folders Restore
Hi everyone We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the backup. We have 5 Exchange servers accross different sites, now, if we restore the public folder database does that mean that all old itens will come up and replicated to all other exchange with replicas of these public folders? Is there a way that we restore and select only certain itens to restoed after a given date or something like that? Thanks "GIG" <gig@gig.com> wrote: >We had a Public folder database crash and we need to restore it from the >backup. >We have 5 Exchang...

System Restore unable to restore
My Win XP system is working fine, however whenever I try to do a System Restore it fails and I don't know why. In the distant past I have successfully run System Restore and returned the machine to an earlier time, so I am reasonably confident with its operation. When System Restore is opened the calender box shows each possible restore point date in bold. Selecting one of these, the dialogue box reports a valid system check point for that day. Proceeding with a selected date the system shuts down, restarts, fully loads then announces the system cannot be restored to the s...

Back up and restore of Out look express.
Hi all, I backed up my "document and settings" and would like to get my address book restored in Outlook Express. Do you know what extension the Address book is? Can I import it? Thanks Brent Hauver www.sagehealthstore.com Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Po...

Synching deleted records
Is there any support in 1.2 or planned for a future release for being able to determine which records have been deleted since a prior date? Currently, it seems that the Deletion Service permanently removes any records from the database that have been flagged for deletion. Is there a way to hook into this service to log deleted records? I know that Sales For Outlook doesn't support synching deleted contacts or email, so I'm not very hopeful, but I wanted to ask before going down the longer road. I'm interested in most types of CRM records. Thanks, Mark You can tap into the del...

Restore Exchange 2000 default permissions
is it possible to restore default permissions for the organisation in exchange 2000. At present anyone can open anyone else's mailbox!! Which i can't believe is the default. If there is no way to reset them can someone tell me what the permissions need to be so only the user and the administrators can access the mailboxes. My CEO is less than impressed that anyone can read his mail!! Cheers Minimum Permissions Required for Mailbox Stores and Public Folder Stores http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/StrPermwE2k3/2934133f-e3af-46a5-9369-1ece5843ff58.mspx?mfr...

How do I restore a file?
I accidentally saved a new file with the same name as an existing one, and clicked 'override', forgetting they were in the same location. How do I restore the original file that I accidentally overrode? In another post someone mentioned that I have to us my backup software...how do I do that? The file in question is not saved on my computer, it is saved on my Western Digital external hard drive. Thank you! The original is gone. If you don't have a backup of the original then it is gone permanently. Only you would know what backup procedures you keep to maintain ...

How do I get sent items to be shown in my sent items folder?
Have just moved to new PC running XP and Outlook 2003 (although Outlook help shows 2002). My sent messages seem to be copied to my in box when I send them. How do I set it up so sent messages go to the sent folder? Thanks. Sue "Sue B" <Sue B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88D9E6E5-B525-4EED-84D8-6BD22D0A99C3@microsoft.com... > Have just moved to new PC running XP and Outlook 2003 (although Outlook help > shows 2002). My sent messages seem to be copied to my in box when I send > them. How do I set it up so sent messages go to the sent folder...

OWA receive error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder"
Hello, I have a user encounter a problem in OWA (Exchange 2003 SP2) When the user try to "Empty the deleted item" in OWA, it show an error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder". It occurs intermittently, do anyone have any idea on it? Thanks a lot.. Best regards, Chris ...

Cannot remove messages from "Sent items" folder?
When I try deleting a message from my "Sent Items" folder it won't get moved to the "Deleted Items" folder, it remains behind... however a copy will be moved to the Deleted Items folder. And if I press the 'del' button twenty times then twenty "copies" will be made in the Deleted Items folder but the original message stays behind in the Sent Items folder... I've tried (shift+del) and although the pop-up window asks me if I want to permanently delete the messages, pressing OK doesn't work? Please could someone help me to figure out wh...

Delete Expired Recurring Events
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have two repeating events in my Entourage calendar that will absolutely not go away. One of them should have ended 6 months ago and the other about 2 years ago, yet they keep appearing. I attempt to delete the series or delete each calendar event yet it appears that they keep showing back up. <br><br>I'm running Entourage on my Macbook Pro and I have a Blackberry 8320 for which I use Google synch to synch my contacts. I am not sure if when I delete the calendar entry ...

viewing compacted mail folders in Outlook Express 6
I recently backed up my mail folders by using the compact command. Now my "sent items" folder is empty and I want to see my old e-mails. I tried importing but there is no import option for Outlook express 6, just 4 and 5. ...

Email deletions
Hello All, When I delete an email, the deleted file does not appear in deleted items. How do I configure outlook so that the emails I delete will appear in deleted items? ...

Restoring a value
In the code below, I've attempted to check a value entered by the user and restore the original value if what was entered exceeds the maximum for the current application. So far, I've been unsuccessful in restoring what was saved at open time. Saving of the restored value (Me.ImageRatio = Ratio) using Me.Requery after the assignment statement gives a runtime error related to macro or function validation rule for the field. I have not set a validation rule in the property sheet for the control. What am I missing here? Bill ======(Application)==================== Option Compare Datab...

Delete duplicate Cells (formula)
Is there a formula that will delete duplicate Columns/ and or rows -- Ran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29049 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=487802 Bumping up--- If it can not be done let me know -- Ran ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ran's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29049 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...

Folders and Showing Total Number of Items
I have my contact folders configured to "Show total number of items", not "Show number of unread items". This works fine if I do not have additional contact folders under the top level contact folder. What happens is if the top level Contact folder is closed and there are items in the sub folders (also marked as "Show total number of items"), the top level folder does not reflect thos items. I need to open the top level folder to see what is in the subfolders. Is there a way to propagate the items from the subfolders to the top folder so I can see if there are...