How to prevent users changing details in Contacts List

Hi All,
After entering the contact details in the contact form, How to preven
users from changing the details through the Conacts List ??
We have customised the contact form for not entering the non-codepag
1252 characters into the form. But, there is a possibility that use
may do the trick by entering the non-codepage 1252 characters into th
contact details through contacts list by clicking on a particula
record with the help of a mouse and directly editing there.
As per our requirement, the contact details shall be synchronised t
Siebel through Exchange Server.

Please suggest me how to avoid users editing the contact record
through Contact List.

Thanks & Regards
Satish Boddapat

--
Satish Boddapati

Satish Boddapati <Satish.Boddapati.2fguws@outlookbanter.com> wrote:

> After entering the contact details in the contact form, How to prevent
> users from changing the details through the Conacts List ??

I don't see how you can prevent a person from changing the contents of his
or her own mailbox.  They're the owners.  They can do what they want.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

Sales due date does not change
Hi! Does anyone know why the due date in sales does not change whenever a sales person goes in to an activity? Kind regards, Chris ...

Limit on filter drop-down list?
Hello, Is there a limit (in any Excel version, including 2003) on the amount of items that can be listed in the dropdown menu on a filter? For example, if I create a column with numbers 1 to 2000 (in rows 1 to 2000) and auto-filter it, if I click on the drop down it only shows down to 1000. Is this the case and if so is there a workaround? K -- koltregaskes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ koltregaskes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19612 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?thr...

same user@ 2 domains
Hi, I have read and tried the article "Hosting Multiple SMTP Domains on Exchange" from http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF010.html. When I sent an email to 2nd domain, the exchange server response with an error message saying no such user. Detail info: I installed the active directory's domain 12345.com and email for everyone@12345.com works fine. However, my boss bought a domain name 123.com. I am asked to make both everyone@123.com and everyone@12345.com work. It means everyone has two email address pointing to the same mail box. Please help. Thanks Sincere...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

cant not change history on a shared workbook
I have an excel 2003 file, that is a shared workbook, the file is huge, and I know if I uncheck and recheck the shared option, it will clear my history and decrease the file size. but I would like to change the amount of history it is keeping. (defaulting 30 days) When I go Tools \ share work\ advanced tab. only the keep history for 30 days is grayed out, and all the other options are availble, I can not figure out why, can anyone please help me ...

How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003?
How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in Exchange 2003? -- Danny From ADUC you can go to the Exchange tabs and control who is allowed to send to a mailbox. Setting it to "authenticated users" should accomplish what you want. There are probably other ways as well. -GT "Danny Hoon" <danny.hoon@phoonhuat.com> wrote in message news:eE8aMDKIFHA.2784@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How to restrict emailing to internal users only for certain mailbox in > Exchange 2003? > > > -- > Danny > Thanks but doesn't ...

generate a list from a single row of data
Using Excel 97, I have a spreadsheet of Project Reports, arranged across the sheet as follows : Column A thru I are templates, hidden from the Project Managers Column J I want to have a table of project names that are in the worksheet Column K is blank Column L is the labels/descriptions for rows going across the worksheet Rows 4 - 29 Various Dates/contacts etc. Rows 30--53 Month labels for 2 years of resource forecast data Column M, rows 4-29 blank rows 30-53 Project Manager absence (vacation/training) forecasts Column N is a Summary row of Project Managers forecast time for all projects ...

OK to change field name in table?
Hello, Can I change the name of a field without causing havoc to the table's structure?! I have for example address-1 which is not a correct form, should be for example address_1 - correct? Cheers Geoff "Geoff Cox >" <<> wrote in message news:na3hk315282je4e6juuro4ko2futjnb10a@4ax.com... > Hello, > > Can I change the name of a field without causing havoc to the table's > structure?! > > I have for example address-1 which is not a correct form, should be > for example address_1 - correct? Sure, you can change it without harming the tabl...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

SMTP Error On Exchange 2003 with One Users
Hi, Our Clients have SBS2003, and from one client when externel emails are sent this error message is displayed : There was a SMTP communication problem with the > recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. > <xxxxx.com #5.5.0 smtp;550 <pshah@xxxx.com>... Not > permitted> I have checked all the permissions, and he has them, even gave him Administrator Rights, still no joy, internal emails are ok. Can anyone point me in the righr direction Pls Jay ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Lock format changes
Is there anyway to lock format changes. Specifically, users are clicking and dragging cell values down the columns. I know education is the answer....copy/paste special/values only, but this is a bunch of old dogs that dont want to learn new tricks. I would like for them to be able to click and drag down but not copy borders and shading. We are using xl2000 Thanks I saw Gavins reply in a previous post recommending to unlock the cells in question and then protect sheet. This doesnt appear to work. I might also add that copying down changes the Font size. The size currently alternates bet...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

List box value returns the row number of the list box range row
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a list box set up on a worksheet and I want the user to select a value from the list box, and then have that value entered into a cell when a button is clicked. When I run/step through the macro, it takes a value and places it into the appropriate cell. The problem is that the value which is placed in the cell is not the value from the listbox, but the row number of the value that was chosen. Using the below row numbers and values as an example; if I select value 7 from the list box, the val...

Alter menus in Business and Contact entities
I'm aware how to update the Site Map and the ISV Config XML files but I have a number of entities appearing within my Business and Contacts forms (menus on the left) that I would like to remove from view for all users. Can anyone inform me how I go about doing this? Thanx in advance I've actually figured this out already but I was wondering if anyone knew how to alter the Nav Group Title in the Business and Contacts forms? For example: I'd like to alter Sales to Applications but I'm not sure how to do this in JavaScript (if I even need to do it using the OnLoad event). ...

Outlook set up for calendar, contacts and tasks ONLY
How can I set up my outlook to display ONLY the calendar, contacts and tasks options? I used another e-mail sysem not outlook. sotero <sotero@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How can I set up my outlook to display ONLY the calendar, contacts > and tasks options? I used another e-mail sysem not outlook. Try not defining a mail account in the mail profile. -- Brian Tillman ...

I'm looking for a To Do List template to use with Outlook.
I need to keep track of my tasks on a day to day basis and I'm looking for a template that I can use or modify to help me. An Excel spreadsheet will probably provide the best usage because it will allow me to sort and change my data around. Here is a standard To Do List that Microsoft offers as an Excel template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC010185861033.aspx -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Sharon J." wrote: > I need to keep track of my tasks on a day to day basis and I'm looking for a > template that I can use or modify to help ...

Prevent calculation of fields in split view
Hi all! I have following problem: Most of my forms are displayed in split view, within some of them i am doing different calculations, displaying the calculated values in text boxes. Since some of those calculations are quite time-consuming, i dont want Access to calc. the values for _each_ record in the split-view (which it is doing right now). I want it to just calc the values for the record currently viewed, is there any way to do this? best regards, --Michael ...

Macro needed to Paste Values and prevent Macro operation #2
Sub Macro1() ' ' Dim myBk As Workbook Set myBk = Workbooks.Open(Application.GetOpenFilename(, , "Select the File")) Range("To_Database").Copy ThisWorkbook.Worksheets(1).Range("A65536").End(xlUp)(1).Offset(2, 1) myBk.Close False End Sub In the above macro I need to prevent macros operating in the External File when it opens. I also need the Named Range ("To_Database") from the External File to be copied into the file from which this macro operates as PasteValues. At the moment the Formula in the Named Range is coming across, so that I'm ...

Chart created with a macro changes location according to screen resolution.
I have a macro that creates a chart aligned with a set of cells. I another user runs this macro with a different screen resolution th chart covers a different area of the spreadsheet partially covering th data. Also if the other users have additional or less toolbars, th location of the chart is offset. Is there a way to assign the locatio of a chart to cells and not screen location. Thanks as always -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use something along the lines of: Sub testIt() With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Left = Cells(3, 3).Left .Top = Cells(3...

Automatically insert list entry
Hi, I'm simply creating a list of ancronyms and their definitions. I want to be able to enter an ancronym at the top of the excel document and have it be automatillcy inserted into the list in the correct alphabetical order. Any ideas on an easy solution, Thanks -- oliverj ------------------------------------------------------------------------ oliverj's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25721 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=391310 Enter it anywhere in the list, but then select your range (both columns...

User Name Change
Thanks in Advance, I have a user who has changed her last name. I have changed all references to her last name except one email proxy which is not primary. She can log on as her new name, but all emails still reference her old last name that she send. This is even with replies to emails sent to her using her new name. I noticed that the mailbox name in Exchange System Manager still shows the old name, as well as her log ons. I went into ldp and did not find anything helpful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Mark Simmerman Napa, CA So the non-primary e-mail address...

email contacts
Installed WAB Outlook Express file to new computer. Tried to delete/change/add emails & groups. Turn off computer, no changes are saved. -- patientbutfrustrated Did you import the OE WAB file into Windows Live Mail (WLM) program or are you still using OE? If you are using WLM (this newsgroup forum is for that program), are you signing into a Live Id when you start WLM? Look in the upper right hand corner of the WLM screen. If it says "Sign in", you re not signed in When you sign in WLM synchs your contacts with that Live Id on a Microsoft server. If you ...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...