How to prevent new message icon appearing in system tray at arriving of junk messages?

Hello
How to prevent the new message icon appearing in the system tray at arriving
of junk messages or messages moved to "deleted Items" folder by rules?

0
kopn1 (50)

Wildcards in Junk Senders.txt?
Seen this posted several times, but can't find the answer. Is it possible to use wildcards in the Junk Senders.txt file? If so what wildcards can I use and what do they do? -- Regards. Chris. Remove MAPSON to reply to me directly. This post represents the views of the author and does not necessarily accurately represent the views of BT. ...

New help with setting up printing
I am helping a friend with a 50th class reunion. I am uning a booklet style and have the middle two pages as a picutre, and a front and back cover. The pages in the middle will be class mates in alphibetical order. Not sure how to set up the pages between the cover and the center. Total of 12 pages with 1 being front 12 being back and 6 & 7 being the picture in the middle. I need to know where to start the bios on all the classmates to make them come out in order in the booklet. Thanks in advamce. What version Publisher? The catalog merge maybe your solution. Otherwise, you have 8 ...

Office transfer to new PC
I bought microsoft 2007 office about 6 months ago and installed it with the key that was emailed to me with no problem. I thought I had read that I could put the MS Office on another computer as well. I now have another computer but i dont have the product key anymore. Is it possible to get it resent to me? Thank you April Do you still have the Office suite installed on your other computer? Download Belarc Advisor, it will tell you your product key. http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "AprilFallecker" <AprilFal...

Error message et.dll
Using Outlook 2003 with Win XP I keep getting the following error message "the add in et.dll cannot be installed or loaded The problem may be resolved by running detect and repair". I have run detect and repair twice, but the error box keeps reappearing. Once the box is closed, Outlook seems to be functioning properly, but the message is annoying. Any help would be most appreciated. Roger Delete the addin by going to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Addin Mgr. Many thanks, no more error messages. Roger >-----Original Message----- >Delete the addin by going to ...

Main Outlook Data File Appears Several Times
The same data appears two times in the navigation pane view. The folders are identical and information changed in one is duplicated in the lower view. It is obviously one file but appears twice. Any suggestions? Michael Obymako <mobymako@earthlink.net> wrote: > The same data appears two times in the navigation pane view. The > folders are identical and information changed in one is duplicated in > the lower view. It is obviously one file but appears twice. Any > suggestions? You have a corrupt mail profile. Create a new one with Control Panel>Mail>Show Profile...

Hyperlinks dont work I get a message "Cannot download the info..
None of hyperlinks in my PPt 2007 presentaion work I get the massage "Cannot download the information you requested" when I try to activate the links. I cant find anything in PPT 2007 help about this. In article <2DA5A2AD-97F2-48AD-B23E-96A7CCF26C8B@microsoft.com>, Etienne 67 wrote: > None of hyperlinks in my PPt 2007 presentaion work I get the massage "Cannot > download the information you requested" when I try to activate the links. What do the hyperlinks point to? ============================== PPT Frequently Asked Questions http://www.ppt...

Workflow for new orders sending multiple emails
We have a workflow setup to confirm new orders by sending an email to our customer. This workflow has been running for over a year. The rule or some other component seems to have broken down as we've had reports from customers of receiving multiple emails for the same order. One customer reported 188 emails for a single order, which I confirmed through message tracking on our Exchange server. Any ideas? Windows 2000 domain Exchange 2000 on mail server, SQL 2000 for DB Dedicated servers (1 ADC, 1 Exchange, 1 SQL/CRM) CRM 1.2 Thank you. ...

Receiving Duplicate Messages
Hi, I recently tried to set up Outlook Express on a 2nd computer. Since that time I am receiving duplicate messages from senders. How can I stop receiving dual messages? Thanks, Todd Have you configured this connection (presumably to a POP3 server) to "delete" messages on the server after download? If you, should to stop the duplicates. However, this in confict to have OE running on a second machine where presumably you want to have duplicate mails. That's what IMAP servers were invented for ... If you can use than protocol instead of POP3, then do so. Hope this i...

outlook feature to prevent forgetting attachments
Often people forget to send attachments with emails. Very often they will write something along the lines of "I have attached the minutes from our meeting" and then forget to atcually attach a file. Is there a way therefore that outlook can check the text of an email for words like attach, attached, attachment and query the user before sending if there does not appear to be an attachment? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree"...

Does the New Worth Report have a fault
When I calculate my new worth in MS Money 2000 (old version I know) it adds my assets and liabilities instead of subtracting them. For example, if my savings, checking, investments total $10,000.00 and my liabilities total $5000.00, MS Money calculates my net worth as $15,000.00. Shouldn't my net worth be $5,000.00? Shouldn't it subtract my liabilities instead of add them? Please let me know if there is a glich in the software and how I can fix it. Also please let me know if I am financially inept. Thanks, -k In your example, the net worth should be $5,000.00. You may hav...

Can't create new Recipient Update Service in Exchange 2000
Running Exchange 2000 sp3 on Windows 2000 server sp4 I'm trying to create a new Recipient Update Service (for my child domain). I can right click on the Recipient Update Services folder, select new and follow the process through to the end, but when I click finish it pops the error: Access is denied Facility: Win3 ID no: c007000 Exchange System Manage Now all of the research I've done about this problem says to make sure the user acount trying to make the change is allowed Exchange Full Administrator rights and is a member of the local administrator group on the Exchange server. I h...

preventing date from changing
I have an If condition that sets the date to "today()" true or "today() + 1" if false. My question is how do I prevent the date from changing? If the date is set for today, then tomorrow I don't want to "update". How can this be done? thanks You could copy the cell, and paste as values, before you close the file. (Edit>Paste Special, Values) Or, you could enter today's date in a cell in the row (Ctrl+; ), then refer to that cell in the formula. For example, instead of: =IF(A2="Local",TODAY(),TODAY()+1) enter: =IF(A2="Local...

Outlook won't display body of plain text message
New install of Office 2003 basic (Outlook (11.8002.6568) SP2) running on XP home SP2 Outlook is setup for one POP3 account. Any messages received that were composed in HTML are readable. The body of all messages received that were composed in plain text is not displayed. If I turn on autopreview it shows the first few sentences of the plain text message but if I double click the message the reading pane is empty. If I turn the reading pane on and autopreview off the reading pane is empty for plain text messages. If I turn the reading pane and autopreview off and double click the message the ...

Prevent the sales from Tendering when another Item is Scan at POS
Hello, We have serveral items that our Retail does have price assign to them. The cashier will scan the next item. They will not notice the last item they did not enter a price. Now the 2nd item is the price for the 1st item. Then the cashier will tender out the sales without noticing they have an incorrect total for this transaction. Then the store manager have to performed a post void for this transaction, which hold up the customer awaiting to check out. Have anyone else encounter this and know a way to limited sale from being total out of an acceptable sales amount...

intelligent message filter: automatic update loop
Hi there I have enabled the Intelligent Message filter on an Exchange 2003 SP2 box. Updates are received automatically from Microsoft Update. However, for the past two weeks, I am in a download loop: first the version for 01/05/2006 downloads and I am prompted to install, then when this is done the version for 12/15/2005 downloads and I am prompted to install ... and so it continues indefinitely. Has anyone encountered this problem and found a fix? Best regards Loane Loane This a post from a earlier reply by Tom Gerin: If you're using WSUS for updates, you can manually declin...

How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it the.
How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a default printer and can print from other programs. The best answers to EXCEL questions will be found in an EXCEL newsgroup. Select EXCEL from the list on the left, then select a subitem associated with your query, such as Printing. Be sure to describe exactly what happens when you try to select the new printer. -- "Pat SP" <Pat SP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8812E94C-FE3A-4DD8-867F-45640BD66D3A@microsoft.com... > How can I make excel recognize my new printer. I have made it a defaul...

Select Record in query, save as New Record then edit New Record
Hi, I have a Select Query with a Split Form attached to it. Access 2007. I print out single page Lab Test Certificates that are sent out to Customers. This is done through a Report also attached to the same Query. When you click on a record visible in the bottom of the Split Form, it shows in the fields (test boxes) in the upper portion of the form. The report is created using this active record that is showing in the form. Sometimes the same Certificate (record) is used again and only certain fields need changing to create a new one. I would like to keep the old record ...

new appointments free time
How do I set the default for new appointments to be "free time"? You can't. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=36602 "Kevin Zawicki" <num...

Windows 7 Game Icons
I'm a new user to Windows 7, and have a question. I installed a game on my laptop, and had to manually add the icon to the Games folder. I accidentally added it twice, and now can't delete one of the icons. Right-clicking, I see a "delete" option, but it doesn't delete. I also clicked once and hit the delete key, but still no luck. Where does one go to change this setting so I can delete the unwanted icon? Thanks. Your question may be better answered in a Windows 7 newsgroup where you should be able to find an answer to your problem. This newsgroup is ...

prevent user from deleting a tab prevent running macro from menu
how can one prevent a user from 1. deleting a specific tab in a workbook? 2. prevent a user from running a macro from the tools menu (where user can only run a macro from a command button)? thanks! #1. Protect the workbook's structure. In xl2003 menus: tools|protection|protect workbook|check structure #2. Make the sub private: Sub Testme() becomes Private Sub testme() This will stop the user from seeing that subroutine--but if they know the name, they can still type it and run it. joemeshuggah wrote: > > how can one prevent a user from...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

New mail message #2
In Outlook 2002 sp3 I used to be able to double click an empty space below any mail in my Inbox and a new mail message window would open. This still works in other mail folders but when I do it in the Inbox a new Discussion window opens. I can't seem to locate a setting in options to revert it back to normal. Is there a way to change this behaviour? Thanks for any tips. Max ...

New Home Asset Tracking
I am running Money 2007. I created my Home Mortgage account, no problems... I created my Home Escrow account, no problems... I have my principal and instrest setup correctly and I have the "Other Fees" Setup as transfers to the Escrow account, just like they should... BUT, when ever I try to setup an Home Asset account, the principal does not carry over from the Home Mortgage account into the Home Asset account automatically. I have associated the Home Mortgage account during the Home Asset account as I have seen online in many forum areas as well as Microsoft KBs and FAQs. I...

New Install Failure installing the email router
The diag tool installed by CRM is failing when it checks SQL. I'm getting a string too short or too long error. It suggests that I can fix this by going to control panel and choosing the repair option for CRM but that is failing also. Win 2003 Server SP1 SQL 2000 standard SP4 Exchange 2003 SP2 ...

hide the new email system tray envelope
how can i hide the envelope in the system tray that apears when a new email arives? i only want the envelope to apear when i have a new email in my inbox. I have a outlook rule that moves specific new emails to the junkmail folder. how can i make it so that if any new email gets moved to that folder it doesn't notify me with this envelope icon? "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message news:Odw6Hjp9EHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > how can i hide the envelope in the system tray that apears when a new > email arives? i only want the envelope to ap...