how to organise my domain email

i want to be able to organise my new domain e-mail account within my network.
ie all incoming jack@mail.com goes to jacks computer only. i don't know how
to explain it further, i'm sort of a computer idiot. oh we have 5 computers
on the network and all are xp home with outlook 2002 if that helps.
0
Idiot (4)

computer idiot wrote:
> i want to be able to organise my new domain e-mail account within my
> network. ie all incoming jack@mail.com goes to jacks computer only. i
> don't know how to explain it further, i'm sort of a computer idiot.
> oh we have 5 computers on the network and all are xp home with
> outlook 2002 if that helps.

What kind of mail accounts do you have? Make sure Jack only checks Jack's
mail, Susan checks Susan's mail, etc. in the mail profiles.

0
lanwench (7567)

Creating HTML email
Is it possible to create a html file in Dreamweaver, for example. Then import it into Outlook 2007 and send. Any ideas? Thanks Andrew You might be able to load it in IE then use File | Send | Page via Email. Some pages simply don't send though -- Bill R <barberandrew@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1191931218.843708.73550@r29g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to create a html file in Dreamweaver, for example. > > Then import it into Outlook 2007 and send. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > > Andrew > Thanks I'll give that a bash ...

exchange not sending emails to AOL addresses
when our users send emails to an AOL account we get this mssg, but only AOL Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified. Please retry or contact your administrator. <servername #4.4.7> do you know what is going on? thx monica it would appear the AOL is rejecting your email for some reason...what happens when you try to send an email to them via a telnet session? you might get more info that way... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Techie In Need" <moni6422@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23TeCTSGJHHA.2236@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > when our users se...

Organisation Chart
Hi I've written a solution in VB 6.0 via visio 2000 that creates org charts and exports them to our intranet. I do it this way as i have more control over everything This works fine when you run it from the command line and you are logged in. (charts are produced and exported) But when i try to run it via an XML web service (using shell method) it just hangs, this happens when i try to bring in the organisation chart template, the server beeps (no event logs) and i only get an error when i go on the server and kill the visio task the web service is set up to run as an authenticat...

When was an email opened
Is there a way to tell if an email has been opened using Entourage 08' for mac. This is with a pop account and emails are not being being saved to a server. On 3/18/10 2:27 PM, Jason wrote: > Is there a way to tell if an email has been opened using Entourage 08' for mac. This is with a pop account and emails are not being being saved to a server. Normally, mail will be marked as read once you open it or a rule marks it as read. POP accounts will download from the server then delete from the server unless you have "leave on server" selected in the Account > O...

Excel Email
I have spreadsheet with calculations for about 250 individuals. I'd like to send each individual their personal information (i.e. social security, payout, etc..) *Excel Email* --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ For a possible solution http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "rafald" <rafald.y8zty@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rafald.y8zty@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have spreadsheet with calculations for about 250 individuals. I'd like > to send each individual their personal information (i.e. social...

Accepted Domain question
Two questions: Is an external relay domain one which allows any mail from domainX.com to relay mail to any other domain or is it one which says something more like "if mail comes in for domainX.com then forwad it out using a send connector"? If the answer above is the latter, is it possible to setup an accepted domain (external relay type) that would basically allow me to say "if mail comes in from domainX.com, regardless of where it's going, let it through"? Is that only possible using a receive connector? Thanks! The graphic under External Relay Domain illus...

Email Merging
I would like to know if one can merge personal information from your contacts into a publisher 2003 document and send it to a group within your contacts. I know you can do it one at a time but can it be done like in Word where it merges for you and sends each document as a personal letter. Any help please ...

Contact Email Name Display
Outlook 2002 SP3 Win XP Pro I have set my Contact "File As" to show LastName,FirstName but the Email "Display As" always shows FirstName,Lastname,EmailAddress. Very annoying ... any way to change this? Edit the email display? It includes the email address so you can more easily know it's the correct address you want to use - important if the contact has 2 or 3. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol200...

domain user, Outlook, password
a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them not being authenicated from the domain, but I'm not sure. Can you respond with the possibilities and some solutions. "mrosinbaum" <mrosinbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AC0A64-0C48-44F7-BF3E-2E4835F35C01@microsoft.com... >a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time > they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them &g...

Ex2K3 Repeated inbound SMTP failure (timeout) from specific domain
HI I have EX2K3 on Win2K3 machine, we dont receive emails from specifis domains due to SMTP failure (time out) the sending domain goes throug the Elho and mail from and mail to commands and hangs there after 10 minutes SMTP timesout and quits the sessoin. the email is not sent to the local user and the server does not send an NDR. can someone please help me out with this. Thx Laith Do you have SMTP protocol logging turned on? Can you post the applicable session information? How many domains are failing? You said specific domains, but are there quite a few? Basically, you need to fi...

Unable to send mail to AOL email account
I tried to send an email to and AOL account and I received the email back "Undeliverable"... with the following error message... 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) How can I control this? Is there a property somewhere that needs to be set? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Akling See http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for what is happening and how to fix it. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "...

Mail routing between to Org's with the same domain name space
Hello all! I have two different Exchange Org, with an ADC between the two replicating directory information. I have directory information replicating fine, now my questions is what is the best way to connect the two org to send mail? They both have to coexist during the migration. Mail flow must continue between the two orgs. Is it best to use an SMTP connector or and X400 Connector. NOTE: I plan on routing all incoming internet mail via the Exchange 2003 org. Thank you all in advance. ...

Split organisation
Hi! I have 6 Exchange 5.5 servers all in the same organisation. I now need to move one of the servers out of the organisation and create a new organisation. Is this possible ? regards, Richard You'll need to do a clean install of Exchange 5.5. Move the mailboxes and the any roles to other servers. Do an uninstall to remove the server from the org and then bring up the new org. Nue "R Jeppsson" <RJeppsson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F0287A5-A942-47BD-9949-30D52D253482@microsoft.com... > Hi! > > I have 6 Exchange 5.5 servers all in the...

Retrieving Outlook contacts and old emails
Hello, I recently suffered drive errors and had to replace my hard drive. However I still have the old one and while it won't work as the primary unit (black screen of death) I can still access data from it as a secondary drive. I CAN NOT RUN OUTLOOK on the old drive so I can't make a pst file. But somewhere the contact and email data has to be stored right? I can access the /program files(x86)/microsoft office/office12/ directory though on the old drive. So as mentioned theoretically I would assume I can get the data. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!...

Convert Organiser
What is the best way to import all my data/info from Lotus organiser ver 5.02 to outlook 2000? TIA -- Charles Harvey I don't have OL 2000 in front of me, but if you go to file | import/export, import from another program or file, I think you'll see a Lotus Organizer 5.x choice.... Charles Harvey wrote: > What is the best way to import all my data/info from Lotus organiser > ver > 5.02 to outlook 2000? > TIA In message <eBHW0UPdEHA.4092@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" <lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com&...

OWA against trusted domain
Server: Windows Server 2003 SP1 Application: Exchange server 2003 SP2 We`ve set up a one-way trust from the domain where the Exchange-server resides to another domain in another forest. Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 from the trusted domain works fine, but using OWA is not working. We`ve tried to enable form based authentication, but it didn`t help. Are there any common issues regarding the use of OWA and authenticating against a trusted domain? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ...

Journaling for one SMTP domain
Dear All, We have 3 SMTP domain within our exchange environment. - E2K7 I have enabled the journaling using journal rules but is there any way where we can enable journaling only for the one SMTP domain and not all 3. Regards, KT Journaling is set at the storage group so I do not think that you can by SMTP domain, however if you find a way would you kindly pass that information on? Thanks On Nov 17, 10:30=A0am, "KedarT" <kt_082...@yahoo.co.in> wrote: > Dear All, > > We have 3 SMTP domain within our exchange environment. - E2K7 > > ...

Sending pub.file by email and my friend can't see it.
I am using ms office 2000 and my friend runs ms office 2003, when I send her a publisher file via email she says there is nothing there when she opens it. Help me please, I need to get the file to her so she can save it to a disk to go to another pc to can get printed Elena <Elena@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am using ms office 2000 and my friend runs ms office 2003, when I > send her a publisher file via email she says there is nothing there > when she opens it. Help me please, I need to get the file to her so > she can save it to a di...

Outlook for email
I'm trying to switch from OE to Outlook. I can send my emails out OK, but can't retrieve them. They're sitting over at my mailbox at AT&T, which won't recognize my password. I'm using a wireless Comcast connection to a LAN. Previously I was unable to send, and could receive emails. It seems that the two functions require conflicting passwords because I'm using the Comcast connection, but there's no way to have two, so I either can send or can receive, but never both?????? tools, email accounts, select account, change.. more properties button. look on th...

Recovering deleted emails
I deleted emails from my windows live mail window. To my dismay, I found that this action ALSO deleted these same emails from my gmail account. So I wanted to recover some of them, but can't find them anywhere. There is NO "deleted items" selection in my windows live mail, and they do not appear in my gmail trash either. There was no warning from windows live mail as I deleted these email, and I have lost several prized and personal emails that I wanted to save. Anybody know of a simple way I can recover my lost emails? Thank you. On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:02:...

Auditing Emails on Exchange 2000
We are looking for a way to keep a record of all emails sent and received by selected users on Exchange 2000. Is it possible to do this within Exchange or would it be necessary to purchase a third party tool? If the latter, can anyone recommend a suitable tool? you can use Journaling for this...see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173 "Neil Penn" <neil.penn@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:eqsLwc2wEHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > We are looking for a way to keep a record of all emails sent and received by > selected users on Ex...

Strange delay problem on email creation
We still have Exchange 5.5 w/SP4. Sometimes, after the user clicks the button to create a new email and then clicks on the To: button it seems to take forever before the 'Select Names' dialog box comes up. Most of the time it is instantaneous. The OS is W2K with latest SPs and hotfixes. The hardware is beefy; dual P4 Zeons with 1GB. There doesn't seem to be other instances of delays when performing emails functions. Any thoughts/ideas? Thanks, Mike Lawson ...

Misdirected Emails #2
Hi, We have a strange problem with 2 users at my place of work. When one of the users is sent an email by her team leader, the newly received email shows in her 'sent items' and not in her 'inbox' as is the norm. When the user is sent emails by any other person she receives the emails in her 'inbox' as normal ans when the team leader sends an email to any other user they receive the emails in their 'inbox'. The problem only seems to be between these two users and when an email is sent from team leader to this one staff member. We are struggling to even...

Exchange problems after domain name change
So I changed my domain name (from xxx.local to xxx.com, no not really xxx, but it's the same SLD, and the NETBIOS name didn't change). I started getting errors from the Exchange AL service about not being able to read something. I fixed that by resetting the domain controller on the recipient update services. But I'm still getting access denied errors elsewhere. For example, in the server properties (on both exchange servers in my domain), the log file location only displays "Access denied.Facility: Win32 ID no: 80070005 Exchange System Manager". I presume thi...

Unable to send to .IE domain
My Exchange server gives me the error: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) Any ideas? Thank you. Richard "Richard Edwards" <richard@not.my.address.com> wrote: >My Exchange server gives me the error: >553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) > >Any ideas? Ask the admin of the SMTP server you're using as a relay. It's probably your ISP's server that's not configured to allow you to use it as a relay. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swin...