How to notify without showing in calendar?

I'm running Microsoft Outlook for Mac 2011 version 14.1.0 at work.

I have some notifications set up in my calendar to remind me to do
certain things at specific times of the day.  They're really cluttering
up my calendar, but I can't find a way of getting an alert to remind me
to do these things at the right time without having them show in my
calendar.  I looked into Tasks, but they don't have a specific time
associated with them.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?  Can one make something invisible
in the calendar?

Thanks!

Priscilla
0
vze23t8n (1)

Notify
Hi, my pc is running winxp & outlook 2003. Recently notify sound has no effect (no sound when mail received) even I enable this feature. Of course the speaker is on since other sound effect is alright. Furthermore the little notify envelope is only shown inside the hidden tool bar (at right bottom corner). So I do not know if I have new e-mail until open the inbox or expand the hidden tool bar. Thank you for assistance. Does the sound play from Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices? For the envelope; set the Notification Area options to always show that icon. For more info...

Outlook Free/Busy showing too much info
Once we switched to 2003 server if you make an appointment and invite others, if you hold the pointer over the other persons busy time you are able to see the description of what they are doing, is there a way to stop this from happening? -- Thanks If the person marks the appointment as Private, then you will not see all the information. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Fox" <Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E92F931A-D3CA-45EA-9144-C5AAA8EFECDB@microsoft.com... ...

using for XML without SQLXMl
In good old asp I could do the following set objxml=server.CreateObject("MSXML2.DOMDOCUMENT.3.0") set tcmd=server.CreateObject("ADODB.COMMAND") tcmd.ActiveConnection=application("DBCONNECTION") tcmd.CommandText=sSQL tcmd.Dialect = "{5D531CB2-E6Ed-11D2-B252-00C04F681B71}" tcmd.Properties("Output Stream")=objxml tcmd.Execute ,,1024 sSQL was a xml template that used the sql namespance and would return multiple recordsets as xml into the resulting objxml. Worked great!! Is there a way of doing the exact same thing in .NET WI...

Showing field after page 1
Hello, I have an Access 2003 report that show several fields on the top of the first page (one of thses fields is the WorkOrderID), these fields are in a "WorkOrderID" header. The work order details can span several pages, on the 2nd, 3rd, etc pages I just want to show the WorkOrderID and not the other fields that show on the first page. Can I somehow put the WorkOrderID field in the PageHeader but tell it not to show on the first page? Thanks On Wed, 12 May 2010 14:41:00 -0700, Don wrote: > Hello, I have an Access 2003 report that show several fields on the to...

Notify me of replies
I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies" option in the upper right hand corner of the thread detail window, but I keep getting a "Notification failed. Please try later." message. Has anyone used this succesfully? -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Hmm..despite getting the message, I received notification of a reply this morning - so I guess it works?! -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Bud" wrote: > I've just discovered the "Notify me of replies&q...

Calendars in Icelandic
Hi When I made calendar in publisher 2000 the name of the months and weekdays were all in Icelandic (that is the language I want). But now when I use Publisher 2002 or 2003 all the names are in English. What can I do to get Icelandic back? Does anyone know? Regards HO Languages That Are Included with the Multilingual User Interface Pack http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821398&Product=off2003 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Changes an Alias in Exchange 2003 without being Domain Admin?
Hi, I have a question related to delegation. My first liners need to be able to change Exchange aliases, however I can't find a way of allowing them to do this without making them Domain Admins. Does anyone know how I can overcome this obstical? Thanks! Lawrence Bowen You can grant users rights to administer individual accounts or OUs in Active Directory. To administer Exchange properties, the users need to have View Only Admin role in the Exchange administrative group (or organization). -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ...

email without full web access to employees
Please help! Can I let employees send and receive email without allowing full web access to them? ...

formulas show up instead of values
I have data that came from a mainframe. The cells aer formated as General. If A1 is 3 and in B1 I enter =A1, what I see in B1 is =A1 instead of 3. I've reformated A1 to a format of number but it doesn't change B1 - it still says =A1. I do not have view formulas turned on under Tools/Options/View. What else could this be? Change the format of B1 to general (it's probably set to text at this time) -- Michael Hopwood (Phobos) "Sherry" <nowhere@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:#iXHnsrsDHA.1196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have data that came from a mainframe...

Excel only shows only one document open on the Taskbar.
Excel only shows one document open as a Taskbar button. How do I change the settings so that all open documents appear on the Taskbar as separate buttons? Tools>options>view check windows in taskbar Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tubroh730" wrote: > Excel only shows one document open as a Taskbar button. How do I change the > settings so that all open documents appear on the Taskbar as separate buttons? Options - View - Windows in Taskbar "tubroh730" wrote: > Excel only shows one document open as a Taskbar button. How do I change the > settings so tha...

Can I include individual calendar events in an email message? How
I want to give recipients 3 meeting options. When they click on the one that best suits their needs, the event posts to their calendar and sends me a response. Is it possible and how do I do it? Sure. See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/pickmeeting.htm for the steps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIB...

reminders without outlook being open
How can I get reminders and 'new email' indications without Outlook being open? Ideally, when my computer starts up, I'd like whatever service is necessary to accomplish this to start automatically. Thanks! Jesse Aufiero wrote: > How can I get reminders and 'new email' indications without Outlook being > open? Ideally, when my computer starts up, I'd like whatever service is > necessary to accomplish this to start automatically. > > Thanks! > > You can't. The only way (and this only works for email) is to use a third-party email check...

Control with Dlookup source not showing data
I have a forn with a textbox whose control source is dlookup... When I open the form the control does not show any data. However, when I click on the control the data is displayed. Any ideas on how to make the data display when the form opens? Thanks. If the DLookup() expression depends on other controls on the form, chances are that those values are not present early enough. Use ReCalc to force the calculated expressions to update. Either that, or get the data for the expression from somewhere independent of the form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, We...

Emails shows as read message in out look after pop3 connector
Hi We configured exchange email router . Everythig is working fine. But once e-email came to Outlook, after some time email status chaged into read mode. Eventhough user dont open that message in outlook this will happen automatically after next send and receive from outlook. We used POP3 connector to read emails from echange server. This is happening to crm users only. What configuration changes can we make to remove this issue. Avance thanks forany type of help sujith Review the setting the CRM System Setting >> Outlook tab >> Perform checks as new e-mai lis received ...

Calendar View to show Attendees?
Hi I have seen some old posts about this question but I wanted to ask it specifically in relation to Outlook 2003... Is there a way to show attendees for an appointment in the calendar views? By show I mean make attendee details visible on the appointment entry in the calendar without actually opening up the appointment ( in the same way that the location does if you enter one). I am pretty sure that you cannot do this by standard customisation of the view and if this is the case could it be done with any coding? Help/answers appreciated. Cozy Only by putting the names of the att...

Auto loans show up as credit card accounts
Hello, when I setup my accounts by connecting to my bank, my two car loans showed up as credit card accounts. I would prefer that they be loan accounts. Should I just delete the credit accounts and create new loan accounts? Will this mess up my online updates? What version? (I.e., is it M05?) What connection protocol? (I.e., is it Yodlee?) "Dennis Danielson" <Dennis Danielson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9616E9CA-FBC6-4BA7-8DB6-520D14A02158@microsoft.com... > Hello, when I setup my accounts by connecting to my bank, my two car loans > showed up ...

generating random numbers without repeats
In a1:a20 I have numbers 1-20. I need to put these numbers randomly in columns B to M without any numbers repeating across the rows. Is this possible? Hi, If I understand correctly you want to pick 12 of these 20 numbers and put them in B1 to M1 with no repeats. If so try this small macro. ALT+F11 to open vb editor. Right click 'ThisWorkbook' and insert module and paste the code in. Change the sheet name to the correct one and run it. Sub Marine() Dim FillRange As Range Set Sht = Sheets("Sheet2") ' Change to suit Set FillRange = Sht.Range("B1:M1...

CAsyncSocket without notification
I want to make a CAsyncSocket class that doesn't work with notification. Is this possible? The relevant methods would be called like this: do { if (Receive(buf, size) != SOCKET_ERROR) break; } while (GetLastError() == WSAEINPROGRESS); Don't be distracted by the fact that this is effectively a CSocket, or that this loop would burn the CPU. I'm not conerned about that right now. What I want to know is, when in that loop, will any incoming packets make it to that Receive() call, or do I have to let the framework have a go before a socket can do anything? I'm hoping that all th...

How can I ensure #records in a selected set always shows in Excel
Many times, when using Autofilter in Excel 2002, the number of selected records sometimes shows in lower left corner, and sometimes not. Why does this happen and how can I fix it so it always appears? Debra Dalgleish explains it all at: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Count And offers a couple of workarounds. RangerBill wrote: > > Many times, when using Autofilter in Excel 2002, the number of selected > records sometimes shows in lower left corner, and sometimes not. Why does > this happen and how can I fix it so it always appears? -- Dave Peterson ...

Replication Status Rarely Showing "In Sync"
2 Exchange 2003 servers on Windows 2003 member servers in a Windows 2003 domain. General tab of Public Folders properties, under Folders, shows Public Folder Stores from both servers. Replication tab of each public folder properties shows both servers for replicate content, use public information store schedule, and not urgent for message priority. Both Public Information Stores have replication interval set to Always On. Replication Status for first server (that has Internet Mail SMTP Connector) shows mainly "local modified". Replication Status for second server shows a mi...

Notify twice
Hi, I use SHCNE_CREATE | SHCNE_MKDIR with a particular folder to be notify if a file or a foler is created in it. It works well for a new folder but for a new file, Explorer notifies me twice. For each notification LPARAM is SHCNE_CREATE. WPARAM is the pidl corresponding to the new file created. To make it works well, I have to use a BOOL and check if I already treated that notification! Thanks! -- Normand Hi Normand, I have build a sample program and tested it on my side, is works as expected in my Windows 2000 system--notify once per new file: if( (m_hNotify = SHChangeNotif...

Calendar entries cannot be importet
Hallo Got some problems with outlook. Calendar entries in Office XP cannot be importet from an PST file. At the end of the process, the calendar is empty. In the Original PST file the entries are still there but cannot be modified or even worse, new entries cannot be added. Martin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Got some problems with outlook. > Calendar entries in Office XP cannot be importet from an > PST file. At the end of the process, the calendar is > empty. In the Original PST file the entries are still > there but cannot be modified or even ...

Outlook closing without prompt or error
Outlook just closes without any sort of a prompt or error. Any suggestions ...

Sync 2 calendars w/o Exchange
First I need to know if this is possible - -and then, how to do it. I have a friend who has a network with his and his wife's computer on the network - they each use Outlook (they don't have an Exchange server - it's a small business), and say they have, at one time, had their calendars synced so that each knew what the other had planned for the day, but it is no longer synced. How can I help them get this done? (clicking the help button didn't help) See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-ti...

Creating a Postscript file ... without intervention
Is anyone aware of a way to create a Postscript file ** without intervention** ?? I can easily create the file by simply pointing to a Postscript printer driver ... but it always asks me for a folder path / filename for the result. I would like to set these as "defaults" somewhere and then the Postscript file will be created without intervention. I can then use some VBA code to move the file to where I really want it using the name I really want. The main point is without user intervention! So I guess I'm searching for a Postscript printer driver that'l...