How to not see "on behalf of" in Outlook 2002 without Exchange

I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook 2002 setup. When I send email
from an account that is not the default account the From field shows "From
me@myisp.com on behalf of notme@notmy.isp.com". I there a way that all email
accounts send using their own name and not the name of  the default account?
I do not use MS Exchange.

Thanks

You shouldn't see that behavior if you use the Accounts button on the toolbar
to choose the sending mail account instead of the From field on the new
message form.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"Gecko" wrote:

> I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook 2002 setup. When I send email
> from an account that is not the default account the From field shows "From
> me@myisp.com on behalf of notme@notmy.isp.com". I there a way that all email
> accounts send using their own name and not the name of  the default account?
> I do not use MS Exchange.
>
> Thanks

Thanks, very helpful

<JocelynFiorelloMVPOutlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You shouldn't see that behavior if you use the Accounts button on the
toolbar
> to choose the sending mail account instead of the From field on the new
> message form.
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply
> only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> "Gecko" wrote:
>
> > I have multiple email accounts in my Outlook 2002 setup. When I send
email
> > from an account that is not the default account the From field shows
"From
> > me@myisp.com on behalf of notme@notmy.isp.com". I there a way that all
email
> > accounts send using their own name and not the name of  the default
account?
> > I do not use MS Exchange.
> >
> > Thanks

Rule for 'on behalf of'
Hi I'm trying to get Oulook (2003) to flag messages which are sent by a certain person who is not in my contacts list. The message is sent by a news server 'on behalf of' this person (named after the 'on behalf' line with both a user name and an email address. How do I refer to this person when creating a rule? 'Specified word(s) in the sender's address' doesn't work. :( - Tygrinn Have you tried using the option to search the header for certain text? "Tygrinn" <tygrinn@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:000701c5dc85$30b88f90$6702a8c0@t...

Setting up Meeting Requests on behalf of other people
We're having a bit of a problem in our company with PAs wanting to set up internal meetings - they want to create the request in Outlook 2003, but not be the chair or even attend the meeting. When everyone accepts, the meeting appears in their calendar. They then have to go into their calendar and delete the entry. The also appear on the list of attendees for everyone else. Is there a way for a PA to create a meeting request on behalf of someone else (the request can still appear to come from them though), so they don't appear as an attendee or have the entry in their calendar? We don...

How delegate send mail on behalf of manager
Dear sir, I'm working with EXCHANGE 5.5/outlook 2000, my manager delegate his inbox to me, how can I send mail on behalf of him? Thank your prompt response! You can use the "From" field for that when addressing an e-mail. If it's not visible use View-> From Field -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "zhenzhu_jiang" <zhenzhu_jiang@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:29cb01c47e02$74259170$a401280a@phx.gbl... > De...

"Sent on Behalf of" using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5
We're using Outlook 2002 with Exchange 5.5. I've setup the delegates and permissions correctly in order to send on behalf. The problem I'm having is that when the recipient receives the message, it doesn't state anywhere that the message was "Sent on Behalf of". what i need to do Are you sure you didn't assign "Send As" permission instead of "Send on Behalf of" permission? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ...

Sending mail on behalf of....
One of our exec wants his assistant to send out emails for him, but he wants his name to appear in the from field. Anyway to do this without the Admin Assistant having to log in as the exec? Grant the Send As pemission of the User Object in Active Directory Users & Computers -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01bb01c46dd9$1200f540$a601280a@phx.gbl... > One of...

Rules for moving emails sent on behalf of someone
I have a rule that moves emails from 'bob@random.rnd' * to another folder. But my rule does not cope when the email comes in like "H.R.Department@random.rnd on behalf of bob@random.rnd" then the rule does not work anymore. How can I write a rule to cope with this sort of annoying email. * Email address has been changed to protect privacy ...

Unwanted "Calendar on behalf of" problem
To All, We're using Outlook 2007 and Exch 03 ENT. It's very common we all have some other users' shared calendars in the Outlook. However, some times by mistakes, users send out the invitations on behalf of one the "shared calendar's users" in Outlook instead of himself. After investigation, I found out if I click on one of the shared calendars, says John Doe's, then click on the "Calendar" bar in the navigation bar (left pane in Outlook), then I'm in John Doe's calendar instead of me. I can see the Outlook title has changed from "Cal...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Outlook 2002
How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" someone else? Do you use Exchange server? If so, you can do that through delegates in Outlook. Becky Hilbert wrote: > How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" > someone else? >-----Original Message----- >How do I set up an e-mail to be sent "on behalf of" >someone else? >. > ...

Delegates Sending 'On behalf of'
I have recently set the permission for an delegate to send messages on my behalf, and she has been set as an Author to my mailbox. However, when she accesses my Inbox and tries to send on my behalf the recipients do not see 'sent on behalf of' on the message. Also, if she adds the 'from' field to the message view my name is not automatically populated. How can we set it so that when she is sending as me that the from field is filled in? Please, people, post your VERSION of Outlook!!!! Is she directly opening your mailbox or is this a second mailbox that she opens ...

On behalf of #2
I have done something wrong. When any user tries to send internet mail it says they are sending on behalf of themselves. Outlook used to route internet mail directly to the external pop3 server, now it's trying to route it through exchange server. Please help! -- Rich Hall ...

No longer able to specify a Group to "send on behalf of" a user?
With Exchange 2k, I was able to allow a global security group send on behalf of an individual. Now with Exchange 2k3, I am only able to add a specific user or "Other Objects" to the "Send on Behalf of" property of a users exchange settings. anyone have any ideas? ...

cw mode and 'on behalf of'
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 in CW mode with six email accounts. When I send an email from other than the primary email account the From block shows "<primary email account> on behalf of <second email account>". How can I send the email with the account that I choose as the sender (From block) without showing the "on behalf of..." Thanks, Have the administrator grant you Send As permissin over the second account. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ht...

Problem getting rid of "on behalf of name" in the from field
I have an unusual problem... I work for a company that is actually two companies in one. Manufacturing company that makes two different products so as to have two different names. We use Outlook 2000 and our mail is hosted by our ISP (who use a Linux mail server). We have two different email accounts abc@abc.com and xyz@xyz.com . When we go to send email (abc.com being the default account) and we chose the from field and chose xyz@xyz.com the email goes out to the recipient as abc@abc.com on behalf of xyz@xyz.com .. We can not have this because they are two separate companies. It is OK for...

sending an email for boss as "on behalf of"
I have managed to add myself to delegates in my boss's account. I just can t figure out how to send an email on his behalf. please help Display the From field and type in his name.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "deanssecretary" <deanssecretary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:57E5B1DE-9FCD-4B2B-8D18-...

messages appear "on behalf of" and AREN'T
I use WinXP-SP3 and Outlook 2002. I am having issues with replies from other users of the same broadband ISP. If the users in question REPLY to a message I send, the mail message (when it gets to me) reads XXXX on behalf of XXXX (where XXXX is the person) and the text of the message is exactly what i sent them. The text of their reply does not appear. If i forward their message to them, the text of their reply also does not show up. I use Outlook in POP/SMTP mode. I don't know what clients the users which this happens to are using. Any thoughts? Sounds like an issue with the...

Sending on behalf of public folder
Hello all, I want some users to only be able to send and recieve email using a general email address like info@mydomain.com I have removed their external email addresses, leaving only the .local adresses and added them to the public folders "send on behalf of" section. Unfourtunately: - They cannot use Outlook remote access - When sending a message on behalf of the public folder, Outlook refuses to send the message. If this is normal behaviour, does anyone know a different solution? If not, what could be wrong? Best regards, Piet ...

Sending on behalf of mail-enabled folder > "You do not have permission to send to this recipient"
Hi all! A customer of ours is having this problem: * There's a mail-enabled Public Folder, e.g. "Test" test@mycorp.com * User John (john@mycorp.com) has full access (including Send As) permissions on folder Test and has been granted "Send on behalf" privileges for that folder as well. He is also entered as Owner for that folder. * Upon sending a message with "Test" (or "test@mycorp.com") in the From field (e.g. to himself), John gets an NDR from the mycorp Exchange Server with the message "You do not have permission to send to this recipient...

Booking appointments on behalf of others.
Quite often I book appointments for others. When I do, CRM also books me in for the appointment as well, even if I change the ownership and assign the appointment to the proper user. The only way I havbe found to keep CRM from booking me into the appointment is to remove myself as organizer. I would like to be able to book appointments for others, and keep myself as the organizer without CRM booking my time as well. Is this possible? Hello courtney, This is one behaviour for what we have developed our GroupCalendar for MS CRM. It gives you the possibility to look at appointments of...

"Sent on behalf of..." doesn't appear in messages sent by delegate
Outlook 2000 user/delegate sends on behalf of Outlook 2003 (XP) user, but recipients don't see "Sent on behalf of..." in message header. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you How is this delegate accessing the mailbox of the owner? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, David Becker asked: | Outlook 2000 user/delegate sends on behalf of Out...

"on behalf of" header
I am using Outlook 2003 to access AOL email; when I send a message (using IMAP/SMTP), the "From" indicates that I'm sending mail to "myemail [myemail@address] on behalf of myemail" - I am the only email account set up in Outlook. How may I remove the "on behalf of" header? -- Nikki "Nikki" <Nikki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEA06E65-3095-49E6-B320-2BF16BF79D91@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook 2003 to access AOL email; when I send a message (using > IMAP/SMTP), the "From" indicates that ...

Error Sending Message on Behalf of Specified User
Hello, Small Business Server 2000 (Exchange 2000). A while back, I set up incoming faxes to be routed to a mailbox called Fax when using MS Shared Fax following the steps in KBase article 311529 (How to Configure the Shared Fax Service to Route Incoming Fax Jobs to a Common Inbox). I gave a Security Group called FaxAdmins "full mailbox access" to the Fax mailbox. Everything worked fine and the receptionists were able to log into the mailbox and forward the fax to the intended recipient. When I came in today, it no longer worked. Now, when the receptionist tries to forward the messa...

Send on Behalf of in a Public Folder
I created a public folder, mail enbled it and then set client permissions so that emails can arrive to it from outside our enterprise. I gave several folks here the right to read and set the send on behalf as well. However, when the folks here respond to an email it arrives as coming from their email and not on behalf of. Is this normal. I was under the impression that it should say from XXXX on behalf of VVVVVV. I believe that they'll have to manually specify the folder in the From field. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Decline on Behalf of another
I have a user who was invited to a Meeting along with a few others. He declined the meeting but the message Outlook sent to the Meeting planner was that He was declining on behalf of one of the other invitees. He is not a delegate for the other person and has no authority to her calendar. We are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone have any idea what would cause this kind of erroneous reply. Thnaks. -- Peter J. Schwartz ...

Remove "On behalf of " in header
I have MS outlook 2002, and different email accounts (pop and imap). When I setup for an IMAP account, I have to fill in a username and mail address. Specially when I send a message from address@mydomain any other mail (with another "from" address) will show the "<sender> on behalf of <address@mydomain> message. How can I prevent Outlook to add this text? The reasen is tha I use a lot of addresses@mydomain. E.g. a ebay account will have ebay@mydomain. When I get a message from ebay and reply to it, the message will have the header/from "ebay@mydomain on ...