How to monitor Outlook 2003 performance/health

I've Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2000 server account built in the profile.
I need to monitor Outlook performance accessing to the nailbox and Exchange
2000 public folder. Often I got the red exclamation mark on Outlook icon in
system tray to explain that Outlook doesn't respond (I think it's trying to
retrieve Exchange 2000 data). Is there any tool client or server side to
log/track the activity ?

Thanks

Sergio

0
underwood (3)

Outlook 2007 Signature Changes on Recipient's Computer
Hello, I have my email email signature set to Palace Script MT @ size 36, which in that font is not that big. But directly under my signature I have my job title, phone, etc. which is in Palatino Linotype @ size 10. When I send messages, it looks the way it is supposed to look on my computer....and some recipient's computers it also looks the way it should. On a few other's computers, However, it changes the signature from Palace Script to Palatino Linotype but keeps it at the size 36 font. The result is that it looks abnoxiously big and as though I set it up that...

outlook password #14
how can I put a password on my outlook account Outlook is not an account You can password protect your Personal Folder, the data file, check Properties>Advanced "mhesson" <mhesson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E9B57BF-ADFA-432B-A0FD-A73FBCE8CC47@microsoft.com... > how can I put a password on my outlook account ...

Outlook 2003 sending email
I have recently installed MS Office 2003 Professional. I am having the following problem with MS Outlook 2003 that I was not having with MS Outlook 2002. When sending external email thru exchange (locally), I have to choose the account (Internet or Exchange) otherwise I get an error message that my mail did not get delivered. So to explain further, if I am sending email externally (email is sent thru Internet server not Exch) and my default mail setup is thru the POP3 server, then the there is no problem. If I am sending email locally, then I have to choose Exchange account. As ...

Word 2003 vs Word 2003 !
Need help with this one...I have a user who is creating a flyer for our company. He is running XP tablet pc edition and office basic 2003. The brochure looks great on his laptop. When he emailed it to another co-worker for review, the autoshape with text he had placed at the top of the doc was ot displayed correctly, the text in the autoshape was not completely visible. The co-worker is running XP pro with office basic 2003. Both of these systems are patched fully, they do not have different settings for the application (as far as I can find anyway). The differences are the OS ve...

Archiving Outlook Express email from Outlook
Having upgraded from Outlook Express to Outlook I imported my Outlook Express email in to Outlook. I set up the archiving to move any files over 2 months old onto the server but although Outlook archives files that it created/ received it will not archive the Outlook Express files. Any suggestions as to archiving the Outlook Express files? Rog Outlook uses the modified date for archiving. If you imported your items sooner than your default archive settings state, then your items will not be archived. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the dis...

Syncing Outlook with Hotmail
Hi all, I have a paid Hotmail account (2GB of Storage, etc.). About 6 months ago I remember a download that would let me sync Hotmail with Outlook 2003. I didn't need it then but need it now. However, I logged into Hotmail and cannot find the link to the download. Does it still exist? Can you point me to it please? Thanks in advance! TCM You should be able to add the Hotmail account to Outlook in the Tools menu > Accounts dialog. <thecubemonkey@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1152705230.614342.19810@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I have a paid Ho...

Creating group from an email in outlook 2002
Hi all, Can anyone pls tell me how to set up a new group in the address book from an incoming received mail? i.e. received mail addressed to 50 people (who are not in my address book), including myself. Need to create a group from those 50 "to" names. I appreciate any help! Thanks much. No such feature in Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "John" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:780901c3e772$62b60590$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Can anyone pls tell me how to set up a new group in the > address book from an ...

Outlook 2000 and Multiple email accounts
After having re-installed office 2000 I can't get my outlook to respond the way it used to. I have several email account that I administer at the same time. Before when I "replied to" an email it automatically sent the reply using the email account that it was received through. It will not do this any more and I can't find this option anywhere in setup or options. How do I get this to respond this way??? I can be reached at bo@bowood.ca Thank you. Bo... What mode do you have OL2000 configured in? If you're not sure, open Help | About Microsoft Outlook and lo...

Outlook e-mail grouped/viewed like a relational database.
Outlook should allow multiple dynamic views for e-mail. When an e-mail is received, the reader would have the option to assign user defined categories that would allow easier retrieval from a large number of e-mails. For example, I would like to categorize my recieved e-mail both specifically and generically. I'd like to have the option to see all "Technical" e-mails received, and then have the ability to assign more qualifying categories. This would enable me to view e-mail via multiple views that I define per my needs. Currently, I have to use folders to store e-mai...

Outlook vs Outlook Express #9
Is it possible to import email messages from Outlook Express into Outlook. I accidentally opened up my email using POP and Outlook Express thereby loosing the messages in my Outlook inbox. How do I download or transfer back the lost messasges in Outlook from Outlook express. All my official emails are now on Express. Help please. Outlook can not import from Outlook Express, but Outlook Express can export the mails to Outlook. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.com "Paul Adex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:baa701c48928$75ad8620$a601280a@...

Undelivered email report
I have sent emails but unfortunately misspelled their email address. However, I did not get an "undelivered report" advising me that my email was not sent. How do I go about getting this "undelivered report" being sent to me in future. "Freda" <Freda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:742E75A5-398D-463B-AE33-167F974F4CA7@microsoft.com... >I have sent emails but unfortunately misspelled their email address. However, > I did not get an "undelivered report" advising me that my email was not > sent. > How do ...

Microsoft Outlook Shutdown
Is it possible to dis-allow users to shutdown outlook? We use it for inner office email, amongst other features, however, certain users tend to shut off outlook even tho they have been instructed not to. Thomas ...

outlook 2007 monthly calendar six column?
Just converted to Outlook 2007 from 2003, where I could print a monthly calendar with 6 columns: Mon Tue Wed Th Fri Sat/Sun. This freed up some width per column, b/c the weekend days were consolidated. Can't seem to do this with '07. The columns are too skinny (even on landscape) and I can't read appts. Advice? Thx Try the calendar printing assistant or word template- see http://slipstick.me/calprint for links. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ ...

Outlook #3
When I click Send and Receive, it gives me error message 0x8007029C. It will not complete the Send and Receive cycle. ...

outlook send/recieve
how do I stop outlook receiving the same messages each time I click send/recieve?, this has been happening since I set up outlook. Does the send/receive cycle complete without errors? Also, which version of Outlook are you using? "thetman" <thetman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5675274A-EC69-425D-9E83-FC5554457E0C@microsoft.com... > how do I stop outlook receiving the same messages each time I click > send/recieve?, this has been happening since I set up outlook. ...

How to Modifiy Outlook Synchronize
Hi there, My Outlook 2000 is configured with Synchronize. Two questions: 1. How to disable it? 2. If I keep the Synchronize setting, could I change the Synchronize file (.ost file) to different location? Thanks in advance, Ross Ross <Ross@nospam.com> wrote: > My Outlook 2000 is configured with Synchronize. > Two questions: > 1. How to disable it? Click Tools>Services. Select your Exchange server and click "Properties". Click the "Advanced" tab. Click "Offline Folder File Settings", then "Disable Offline Use". > 2. If I keep ...

Out of Office in Outlook 2000
Is there a way of only sending the out of Office Auto- Reply to certain emails? I'm looking for a way to stop Out of Office messages being sent to a newsgroup - they are a real pain! If there were a way of sending the Auto- Reply to all emails EXCEPT to those from certain addresses it would be a great help. Many thanks in advance. Chris ...

MSAccess 2003
I bought a digital signature for my MSaccess application in Office 2003. I select TOOLS\Digital Signatures in Visual Basic Editor and I am not able to see my digital signature in the available ones. No BROWSE button available. Is there any directory I should copy it into ? ...

SMTP Monitor
We're running SBS2003, and relaying email from several remote Java applications through our own Exchange server (SBS). I need to measure the resource strain of this, and assume I want to monitor SMTP. What's the best way to capture that info? Resource strain in terms of... ? - cpu - memory - drive i/o - volume of particular smtp traffic from/to server or recipient Perfmon and smtp logs will do it. Having a baseline will help. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Runner" <pwright@searchsoft.net> wrote in message news:uIuvetuvFHA.2212@TK2MS...

Outlook: sent emails: why doesn't the bcc print?
Office 2003. Outlook. When printing sent emails the bcc is omitted. I want a printed copy of the email showing all the recipients, including bcc'd parties. Is it a setting? ...

Orientation of monitor picture?
At home I'm running Windows XP Media Center with a 22" LCD from AOC and a Radeon HD 3850 or something. The cheapy HD card. Is there a way to change the orientation of things so things display vertical rather than horizontal or is that dependant on my video card or monitor to have that capability? I'm playing some pinball games that would look sweet if I could temporarily turn the monitor sideways. I looked and it should support vertical scaling, maybe I just don't know how to do it. Maybe there's some other software besides just the driver I need,...

Automatic archiving of mailbox e-mail on Exchange 2003
Is their anyway of autoarchiving e-mail from users mailbox if it reaches a certain limit in Exchange 2003 or mail over a certain date . Can this be done on the exchange server rather than relying on user archiving through outlook . Maybe there is third party tool that can be used to achive this . Any suggestion would be greatly appriciated ? EXMERGE utility will help you. Just keep in mind that mail in .pst takes more disk space and .pst is less reliable storage. Kenneth wrote: > Is their anyway of autoarchiving e-mail from users mailbox if it > reaches a certain limit in Exchange...

outlook and crm
has anyone integrated outlook with microsoft crm ? -- am planning to go to a microsoft seminar on this topic, http://www.tectura.com/Registration/CRMSeries/ but would rather save the time if anyone has done it before and can share some thoughts on this ...

Excel 2003
I need to format some cells in MINUTES that can be counted. Entries will be something like +25 min _15 min And then there will be a cell that tallies the two for the day and then a cell that tallies for the week. I see no preset formatting that I can use for this. How would I do this? Just format it,Format,Cells,Custom, as +0"min";-0"min" -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "windsong" <windsong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D080C28-E244-4B1C-AF16-AC4B221E0E08@microsoft.com... > I need to f...

Outlook settings problem
Hi I have a customer where it pops up all the time that mail needs to be send but can't with the current mail settings. When we try to enable outlook to send the mails and hit ok and close the settings window, outlook crashes. It won't save CRM settings ? is the user set to outlook settings on the user settings on the crm server? "CRM consultant" <nomail@der.dk> wrote in message news:4419B1C5-4B53-4166-AE0C-6673FC68A34F@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I have a customer where it pops up all the time that mail needs to be send > but can't with the curre...