How to make emails send from outlook instead of going into outbox

Hi,

Have recently changed to Microsoft Outlook.  My emails are set up with
personal folders and hotmail folders.  When I try to send from microsoft
outlook, I get a message saying this will be sent via hotmail.  Message then
goes to personal folder outbox and doesn't send.  Have checked settings and
is set up to go immediately.
0
louise (71)

Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Have recently changed to Microsoft Outlook.  My emails are set up with
> personal folders and hotmail folders.  When I try to send from
> microsoft outlook, I get a message saying this will be sent via
> hotmail.  Message then goes to personal folder outbox and doesn't
> send.  Have checked settings and is set up to go immediately.

What happens when you click Send/Receive?  What version of Outlook?
--
Brian Tillman
0

Send/receive doesn't seem to make any difference and button only appears
when I first log on, using 2003 version.

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Have recently changed to Microsoft Outlook.  My emails are set up with
> > personal folders and hotmail folders.  When I try to send from
> > microsoft outlook, I get a message saying this will be sent via
> > hotmail.  Message then goes to personal folder outbox and doesn't
> > send.  Have checked settings and is set up to go immediately.
>
> What happens when you click Send/Receive?  What version of Outlook?
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
louise (71)
10/26/2006 5:44:02 PM
Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Send/receive doesn't seem to make any difference and button only
> appears when I first log on, using 2003 version.

So the Send/Receive button disappears at some point?  What action results in
that?  If this were happening to me, I'd first stop Outlook and delete the
SRS file in
%AppData%\Microsoft\Outlook and then, if that didn't work, create a new mail
profile.
--
Brian Tillman
--

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Make Default

I am setting up newsgroup in outlook but can not find the "news" .
I was told to drag the "news" command to the category "go" to set up news group...but I can not find the command "news"......can any one help please ? Thanks clement Look in tools, customize... Then got to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, click the "Don't ask me again" box and then click the No button. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours ...

Query Server for all Email address
Hi all, Is there away to query my Exchnage server 2003 to list all email address. Thanks On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:25:02 -0800, Sam NetAdmin <SamNetAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, >Is there away to query my Exchnage server 2003 to list all email address. > >Thanks ldifde http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q237677/ adfind ( you can google that) and others... "Sam NetAdmin" <SamNetAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:706D04B2-196E-4C00-B9AE-C6157C69122A@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > Is there away to query my Exchnage...

Keep losing Outlook.pst File
I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, except that I seem to lose my outlook.pst file every few months for no apparent reason. I have configured all autoarchiving to NO ARCHIVING so I don't think this is my problem. When I search PC for OUTLOOK.PST it ca't be found. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix or stop this happening & where the file is going. JohnT wrote: > I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & > updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, > excep...

making a transfer show up in the budget

Adding email addresess to contacts
Is here a way to extract the individual email addresses (CC:'s) in an email addressed to me into contacts? Thanks Jerry Yes. Open the email. Right click each name as it appears in the grey top section of the email. Select Add to Contacts. This assumes you have 2002 or 2003 - you didn't tell us your version. -- Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field Chooser and Group by Box!! "Jerome Ranch" <ranchjp@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:g9ar621s4mffub...

Outlook 2003 email reply text missing?
Has anyone experienced the following?: I have received two email replies this evening (from earlier, separate emails I sent) which appear to be simply a copy of my original email (i.e., no reply text). The first one I received did not trigger any alarms as I figured the fellow simply hit the reply key in error, but when I received a similar one later from another individual, I began probing. I emailed one of the guys and asked if he had, as I surmised, simply hit the reply key in error. He responded quickly, but with another email which contained only my emails-- and none of his reply text...

keep getting zero instead of empty cell
=INDEX(TABLE.xls!$A$1:$AQ$500,MATCH(B1,TABLE.xls!$A$1:$A$500,),MATCH("Drawin Number",TABLE.xls!$A$1:$AQ$1,)) This is the formula that I've been using to pull the matching value i the column "Drawing Number" from TABLE.xls, based on what I type i cell B1. This all works fine until the corresponding cell for Drawin Number is blank. I want to be able to specify what shows up in th cell in my new sheet when the other cell is blank. Even if it's just blank space that's what I want to show up. So I did some research on this board and am using the following formu...

email account problems
My Outlook '02 recently started acting strangely. I have 3 accounts set up. When I click from one inbox to another, the screen temorarily displays the default account inbox, then slowly changes to display the selected inbox. This happens always. Any ideas on this? It just started happening w/o any apparent provocation. Try disabling the integration with Instant Messenger in Tools | Options | Other and see if that speeds things up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

verify that an email was read without using a receipt
I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. In news:20181391-62B0-4CFD-95D6-C2323D435B06@microsoft.com, RCNellis <RCNellis@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read > by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. Ask them, or see whether they did the thing that you asked them to do in the message you sent. :) ...

What is the Outlook keyboard shortcut for checking new mail
"Steve Jaeger" <Sjaeger1@elp.rr.com> wrote in message news:043f01c36b5f$468b1110$a601280a@phx.gbl If there is a coded shortcut for a menu item, you will see it on the rightside of the menu. If you open Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All, you will see F9 listed on the right. Also, it is considered impolite to use only the Subject line to carry the body of your message. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. _________...

How to send a message?
I have a custom control(CMyTabCtrl) inherited from CTabCtrl. In the CMyTabCtrl, I want to send a message to itself by using SendMessage(TCN_SELCHANGE). But I can not get it by set break point in the function OnSelChange(...). Why? Why not simply call OnSelChange method directly? ------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Why not just call the function rather than sending the message if it is in the same class? Tom "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1130443010.555192.175620@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have a custom control(CMyTabCtrl) inherited fr...

EMAILS #11
no email on out look keep getting this message any idea's please the current identity could not be switched because one of the applications was unable to switch Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (ins...

Missing Email Attachments
Hi all, please help! We have been sent emails from a partner company which are missing attachments. Upon investigation they have been sending emails composed in rich text format. KB 138053 provided this... "When an end user sends mail to the Internet from an Exchange Windows or Outlook client, a file attachment called Winmail.dat may be automatically added to the end of the message if the recipient's client cannot receive messages in Rich Text Format (RTF). The Winmail.dat file contains Exchange Server RTF information for the message, and may appear to the recipient as a bina...

making tickets

One use unabel to access Outlook webmail
I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with exchange. all are abole to read there mail throw outlook webmail except for one. we have tried changing her password, she is inn all the same groups as the others and she has outlook web enaboled as the other users. Any suggestion? What happens when she attempts to logon? Are there corresponding entries in the event logs? Nue "hans jacobsen" <hansjacobsen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73BF4D97-67B6-4C45-9BE6-6D3DFB2AE7B6@microsoft.com... >I have a costumer that are running small biss 2003 with e...

from eudora to ms outlook 2002
dear outlook guru's. i have just changed my mail client from eudora to outlook and imported the messages. everything was ok, except that the attachments are now seen as links to actual files in "c:\...\eudora\mail\attach" folder of eudora. is there any way i can have the actual file attached to the message, so i can forward as one file, but not having links to the file on my pc. your response is highly appreciated regards, jim ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

Problem with Outlook Client for CRM 4.0
On one pc in our company we have problems with the outlook client for crm 4.0 This machine was setup six weeks ago. Windows Vista (32 bit, en-us) and Outlook 2007 is installed on that machine with all updates. I installed the crm 4.0 client WITHOUT offline functionality and configured it. I tested the crm client using the diagnostic tool without any errors (one warning came up regarding a slow connection but thats all). After starting Outlook I tried to track a message in crm. Then I tried the "view in crm". A empty browser page came up with following address: http://servername/c...

Outlook Office Service Pack 3
I hope this is the correct place to ask. I was trying to install the Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (have already installed the SR-1a) but it will not complete the update because it says it can not find "Data1out.msi" and is asking for MS Outlook 2000 CD. I see Data1.msi and data1pro.msi on my "C" drive and the CD. Any help will be very much appreciated. ...

Outlook 2007 Does not pull all POP mail emails
I have Outlook 2007 running on WinXP Professional. Outlook does not pull all my mail from my POP mail accounts and when my computer is off. Even if I leave the computer on it still has issues with my emails not ending up in my Outlook. I have Outlook set to pull emails ever two minutes. I have no filters running either. I have these large gaps where no email are downloaded at all. If I look on the Gmail website at my email I see several that have not been grabbed by Outlook. Any help would be appreciated Warren -- Warren Jorgenson. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com...

POP3 Outlook account
Hi, I have setup a POP3 Outlook account so to accesse me Exchange 2k3 server through 3rd party internet connection. It works fine but I have a couple of inquiries: 1 - Each time I reconnect after having the connection down for line quality, email headers are re-downloaded, ignoring the fact that they have already been downloaded in a previous session. Any way to stop that? 2 - Can I download Sent Messages folder too, or it is just Inbox? If not, what is a workaround, if any? 3 - Any way to import address book? Thanks Yba In news:7CD85C0D-780A-4B70-A20F-D04EB40E029E@microsoft.com, yb...