how to hide the original message received

in outlook the e mail messagfe appears when i clik on the inbox...i dont want
the actual message to open since it mayu have virus etc..wher to i go to
settings to have only thje senders address etc apper and then i can choose
myself if i want to open it. i have looked thru all my options but cant seem
to find wher e it is to do what i want..thanks
0
BILLY2BS (1)

are you talking about the reading pane?

View > reading pane > off

also uncheck auto preview if it's on.

"BILLY2BS" <BILLY2BS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in outlook the e mail messagfe appears when i clik on the inbox...i dont
want
> the actual message to open since it mayu have virus etc..wher to i go to
> settings to have only thje senders address etc apper and then i can choose
> myself if i want to open it. i have looked thru all my options but cant
seem
> to find wher e it is to do what i want..thanks

0
azavaglia (18)
8/17/2005 6:44:03 PM
you can turn off the preview pane - but unless you use outlook 98, there is
very little danger from viruses from current versions of outlook.
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up040204.htm#preview

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"BILLY2BS" <BILLY2BS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in outlook the e mail messagfe appears when i clik on the inbox...i dont
> want
> the actual message to open since it mayu have virus etc..wher to i go to
> settings to have only thje senders address etc apper and then i can choose
> myself if i want to open it. i have looked thru all my options but cant
> seem
> to find wher e it is to do what i want..thanks

0
msnews1660 (730)

Event logging: how to create a message dll
hi! just as topic. thanks, philipp Use the .mc compiler. Take the resulting .rc file and hand-edit the resource includes in the DLL's resource file to include it. Note that message tables do not need to go into DLLs; they can go into .exe files as well, depending on what you are trying to accomplish (e.g., for internationalization, it is often better to use a separate language-specific DLL, but not always). joe On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 09:18:13 +0200, "Philipp Huber" <philipp.huber@innval.com> wrote: >hi! > >just as topic. > >thanks, philipp > Josep...

Hiding "0" values in pivot table

Hiding formuals in cells question

hide my name

Can't receive emails?
I have switched all infor from Outlook Express to Office 2003. I can send mail but I can't receive email in Office 2003. I have went to FILE-EXPORT in OE. Please help -- dagnag Are you still using OE? If so, and you have a POP3 account, you could be downloading mail in OE and removing it from the server. This would make it impossible to re-download it in Outlook. -- Patricia DiGiacomo Outlook MVP Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 www.cardozasolutions.com "dagnag" <dagnag@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3073F505-11DF-49C...

How do I hide gaps in an Excel 2007 chart?

Command messages for FrameWindow member objects
Dear all, i am working on an SDI application and in that application i need to broadcast a message to all the objects. So i used: SendMessage(WM_COMMAND, ID_SOMEID); // From within the document Object Then i added ON_COMMAND_EX macros in various objects for handling and further passing the message. I realized that MainFrame object was getting the message but a dialog bar object which is a member of MainFrame was not getting this message. I tried a lot but couldnt figure out why dialog bar object is not getting my command message when it is getting other command messages and update UI comma...

Hiding and Un-Hiding Data fields

Hiding a worksheet #3

Hide images when Hiding Rows

Unread messages in Favorites Folder has disappeared. Help!
On the left side of my Outlook 2003 window there is a column with three categories; Favorite Folders, All Mail Folders, and Current View. In the Favorites folder, I USED to be able to view how many unread messages that were placed in various folders in my inbox utilizing the “rules” feature. This has disappeared. Can someone tell me how to get it back? Thanks…Dan I searched in the help menu and solved my problem :~) "Dan" wrote: > On the left side of my Outlook 2003 window there is a column with three > categories; Favorite Folders, All Mail Folders, and...

Queue messages on messages waiting to be routed
Hi, We are experiencing a lot of queued messages on messages waiting to be routed. An warning message encountered on event viewer Event ID 9302 Description The transport configuration type 1 for the directory entry with DN or GUID CN=MICROSOFT MTA,CN=MXMCC,CN=SERVERS,CN=MCC,CN=ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS,CN=METROBANK,CN=MICROSOFT EXCHANGE,CN=SERVICES,CN=CONFIGURATION,DC=MGC,DC=LOCAL is not one of the supported values. Reconfigure the transport configuration type in the identified directory entry. [BASE IL OPERATOR 23 217] (8) How can I solve this issue? Thanks. I have this issue before. ...

Error Message
I'm running a Mac G4 with OS 10.4 and Media Player version 9. I've tried to open downloaded tutorials and I get a message: ".This file may not play correctly because it is compressed by using a codec that is not suported". I've seen this before on files that I haven't deemed important and ignored it. Now I need to open these tutorial files. I've received other Media Player files from other sources and opened them with no problem. Can anyone tell me what I can do to see these videos. What codec does the file use? It's entirely possible that...

Message Tracking #22
I have enabled Message tracking on Exchange 2003 and all works fine. But is there a way of seeing the message content/message body?? As this would really handy to see what is being sent through our mail system. On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 02:34:35 -0800, Damen Barker <DamenBarker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have enabled Message tracking on Exchange 2003 and all works fine. But is >there a way of seeing the message content/message body?? As this would really >handy to see what is being sent through our mail system. Message journaling. Be careful what you wish for howeve...

how to hide an ActiveX control?

Hiding plot Area

Need to display an error message when a duplicate object is clicked.
Hi all, I'm new to Access and I'm creating a simple IT Inventory database. My first form just has details on the device, and I want to be able to have the users select an IP address from a dropdown list. I have the list and the dropdown working flawlessly, but in my table I selected No Duplicates, so that no one IP address can be used twice. What I'd like to do, is that if the DB detects a duplicate, to pop up a dialog box stating that the IP address is already in use and to please select a valid IP address. By default, there is an error that pops up when you try to save the rec...

Hiding rows with VBA
Hi all, In my sheet called "insertsheet I have this VBA: (thanks to some users of Google groups) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const nMAX As Long = 10 Dim nRows As Long Application.ScreenUpdating = False With Me With .Range("B8") If Intersect(Target(1), .Cells) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub nRows = .Value End With .Range(.Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ .Columns.Count)).EntireColumn.Hidden = True .Range(Cells(1, 5), .Cells(1, _ ...

hiding rows
I have data in cells A7:DK394 which all have 0 in them until totals are added in other worksheets which then pullthrough. At the end of the week I have to Hide all rows from A7 to A394 that still have 0 in them as no totals have been added in other sheets so the customer has not posted with us. is there any way excell can recognise the cells that have no data against them and hide them automatically by pressing a button. or if they all start off hidden unhide as data is entered. Hopefully this makes sense many thanks for any help with this as again its to save me lots of...

Message Box strangeness
I have included the chunk of code with a few names changed, but the functionality is there. I think it will be easier for me to explain my problem after you take a quick glance at the code: onConnectButton() { int go=-1; if(c_task_check.GetCheck()) { go=MessageBox("Doing this will erase old data","Warning",MB_OKCANCEL); } int start=start_server(); if(start==WAITING_FOR_CLIENT) { SetDlgItemText(ServerEdit,"Connected to Client"); c_button1.EnableWindow(true); c_button2.EnableWindow(true); c_button3.EnableWindow(false); c_button4.EnableWindo...

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

How do I hide email addresses in outgoing mail
Hint: You post your question in the body of the post, not the Subject. Hint 2: Use the BCC field. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > "Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2C2A70C-6C94-4688-8BAF-0A50AC9C142D@microsoft.com... > PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject Have a look here: http://dts-l.net/goodpost.htm As posted here MANY MANY times - put them in the BCC...

Outlook-hiding recipients addresses
How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? Put the DL name in the BCC field and put your own address in the TO field. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > How do you send a mailing to a distribution list without > exposing their email addresses to the other recipients? ...

OE error message on attachments
I keep receiving the following message on incoming attachments that I am sending from my work address to my home address: "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachment in your mial". I know that they are safe because I am sending them to myself. Does anyone know how to correct this so that Outlook will accept attachments from this address? Thank-you J Tools, options, security. Uncheck box for "do not allow attachments..." >-----Original Message----- >I keep receiving the following message on incoming >attachments that I am sending from my work...

Hide contacts
I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see them and select to send email. If only 2 users need a Contact, why not have them create it in their Contacts folder? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "MauroR" <MauroR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DAC0E2E9-7389-49F0-8736-3B9251DBB274@microsoft.com... >I must hide some contacts from GAL excepted for 2 user that must to see >them > and select to send email. Th...