How to grant permission to someone to add/remove folder in Outlook

Hi,

I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would add/remove
folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done in outlook but
I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission which allow to me to
add either a user name or in a group such as user or administrator to check
boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the direction to start off ?
Many thanks

Smiley

The administrator can set it through ESM or the owner of the folder can do
it through Outlook. See;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

-----
"Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would
> add/remove folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done
> in outlook but I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission
> which allow to me to add either a user name or in a group such as user or
> administrator to check boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the
> direction to start off ? Many thanks
>
> Smiley

0
Roady
3/29/2007 9:45:32 AM
rightclick the parent folder, choose PROPERTIES then go to PERMISSIONS tab
--
I am what I am - the cow don''t make ham...

"Smiley" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would add/remove
> folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done in outlook but
> I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission which allow to me to
> add either a user name or in a group such as user or administrator to check
> boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the direction to start off ?
> Many thanks
>
> Smiley

0
Aligator (4)
3/29/2007 9:46:00 AM
Thank you. That should give me a start.

Have a good weekend.

Smiley

message news:96EF529E-6A6C-4495-8B9B-A08D2D5E238F@microsoft.com...
> The administrator can set it through ESM or the owner of the folder can do
> it through Outlook. See;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/permissions.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> -----
> "Smiley" <firework123@googlemail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would
>> add/remove folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done
>> in outlook but I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission
>> which allow to me to add either a user name or in a group such as user or
>> administrator to check boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the
>> direction to start off ? Many thanks
>>
>> Smiley

Hi Aligator

Thanks you. I did check on the preperties but not at parent level. Thanks.

Have a good weekend,

Smiley

"Aligator" <Aligator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> rightclick the parent folder, choose PROPERTIES then go to PERMISSIONS tab
> --
> I am what I am - the cow don''t make ham...
>

> "Smiley" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I was asked how to add someone to a list so that the person would
>> add/remove
>> folder from a public folder list. I was told it had been done in outlook
>> but
>> I cannot find anything resemble to security/permission which allow to me
>> add either a user name or in a group such as user or administrator to
>> check
>> boxes for permission. Anyone would point me to the direction to start off
>> ?
>> Many thanks
>>
>> Smiley

Outlook 2002 #198
I receive duplicate emails ...

What's a a good cheap Monte Carlo add-in for Excel?
I am looking for an inexpensive add-in to Excell that will allow me to do simple Monte Carlo analysis. Commercial applications are too expensive and unnecessarily advanced for my needs. Any ideas? Thanks Don't know how good it is, but there is a 30-day trial product at http://www.download.com/Monte-Carlo-Add-In-for-Excel/3000-9694_4-10202754.html. If you do a Google with 'Excel add-in Monte Carlo', there will be plenty to research. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Gus" <Gus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!!!
I have until Monday to get this done and I have classes I am training for the rest of the week my window to complete this is so small I need urgent help. I have a report where I need to seperate my members from my providers. The report is already completed. However when I try to use a combo box it does work, a list box dosen't work etc. I wanted to use a drop down box where I can say ok give me a report only for providers, then come back and run a report only for members, its not working. If you have the time can some explain it to me as if I was a four year old. The informatio...

Deleted folder??
Hi one of our engineers have somehow deleted the contents from his inbox. He has a PST file installed and i subsequently changed it to Exchange. I undertsand that you can restore items from the deleted folder within 30 days. How can that be done??? Thanks, Neville Deleted from an Exchange mailbox? Tools-> Recover Deleted Items... From a pst-file; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- &qu...

Remove extra Double codes from CSV Files (vb Script Language)
On daily bases I have received files with double quotes comma separated, but in some records I found 2 times double quotes and some time different squence of double quotes placements. I just want to remove all unnecessary (extra) double quotes (see the following values where i want to remove extra double quotes. "0123x",""Company D-Val"","Class D, sector N","DD5894" "4894D",""Recycle" Rubbish, C class","Class D, Sector F, Block N","D870GH" "AB8679",""AB Ltd"...

Outlook stops responding
HELP! Outlook 2002 sr-1 stops responding when I use the find icon on the tool bar. It does it whehter I am searching in a public folder or my inbox. About 1 in every 10 attempts it works, however most of the time it just causes outlook to hang. The closest thing I have been able to find is KB article # 152959 however I already have sr-1 installed, tried the "fix" anyway and did not work? Any suggestions? Thanks, Mike Addendum....is outlook 2000 and kb article number is 237912..... >-----Original Message----- >HELP! Outlook 2002 sr-1 stops responding when I use the ...

Removing reference to CRM
I have a small application that does not expose crm functionality but uses the framework. I would like to change the title bar in IE to not display - Microsoft CRM 3.0 in the title bar. Does anyone know if this is possible. I want to hide the fact that I am using CRM in the initial stages of a presentation. You can change the title in the loader.aspx file, which is loacated in c:\inetpub\wwwroot by default. Find the following line: <title><loc:Text ResourceId="Web.default.aspx_16" runat="server"/></title> and replace it with <title>Your...

Public Folder Notification #2
Is there a way to have a message sent to a user/group about a new message in a Public Folder? Robert On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 08:04:18 -0500, "Robert Craig" <craigrobert@aagroup1.com> wrote: >Is there a way to have a message sent to a user/group about a new message in >a Public Folder? > >Robert > Script something or there used to be soemthing called pfalert, not sure if it works with E200x. You could also use the folder assistant on the folder in Outlook to create a rule that forwards. ...

IMF not deliverd to Junk E-mail Folders for some users
This question was asked previously but there was no resolution. IMF appears to be working great. Gateway is set to 7 and Junk e-mail at 3. 2 users, however never have any mail moved to their Junk e-mail folder (one is the CEO who recieves extreme amounts of junk e-mail). Both users have Outlook Junk E-mail enabled. In fact both have their Outlook filtering set to "High". This may actually be a client question, but I'll start here do to IMF. Thanks, John Have them enable junk mail filtering in OWA. This will definitely turn it on for them. -GT "mtstream" &l...

How to remove duplicate records
I have downloaded 4000 address is their a simple way besides going through all records to remove the duplicates assuming the records are in column A, A1 is a heading like "list" and a2-a... contains the addresses. Highlight the list goto data|filters|advance filter check the unique records block and if you want select copy to another location.. as in b1. Lance >-----Original Message----- >I have downloaded 4000 address is their a simple way >besides going through all records to remove the duplicates >. > >-----Original Message----- >I have downloaded...

How do I properly add a custom section to my Web.Config?
If I add my own section to my Web.Config file of my (2.0) web service project (and refer to it by adding a "section" sub-element to a "configSections" element, I then get information messages ("Could not find schema information for the element"...) for every custom element and attribute in my custom section when I build my project. What should I do to properly dispose of these messages? Surely I shouldn't have to create a schema? These are just info messages. You can filter them out by clicking on the "Messages" button in the Error List. --...

Autocomplete for "To" field in Outlook?
Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like feature for the "To:" field in Outlook 2000 or XP? Thanks. MP Outlook 2000, no. Outlook 2002, yes: Tools > Options > Preferences > E-mail Options... > Advanced E-mail options... > Suggest names -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "mp" <melpoke@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:FZb1b.108704$0v4.7676702@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... > Does anyone know how or if it's even possible to enable an autocoplete like > feature for the "To:" field in Out...

Remove Outlook2003 Quicklaunch Icon
Hi Is there a way to remove the QuickLaunch Icon for Outlook 2003 deployed on windows 2000. All users now have 2 Outllok icon's in ther quicklaunch, one from the profile, OK, and one from BillG, How do I remove the last one. Thanks in advance Soren Right click, delete? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, smple asked: | Hi | Is there a way to remove the QuickLaunch Icon for Outlook 2003 | deployed on windows ...

Export from Outlook
Hi, Is there any way or tool that can help me export e-mailmessages from Exchange in the format IETF RFC 2822 MN Export to Outlook Express then drag and drop the messages to the desktop and change the EML extension to TXT? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/...

Java script help please
hi I am trying to work with two dates on phone call entity in crm - actual start and scheduledend what i want to achieve is - set the actual start date to current date if it is null and then add 5 working days to actual start date below is the code i am using var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue == null crmForm.all.actualstart.DataValue = new Date(); crmForm.all.scheduledend.DataValue=dateadd("w",5,actualstart) break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE...

Outlook 2007
Hi I have a problem with my outlook 2007 install on Vista Ultimate SP1. I get sent lots of information in plain text emails. It appears as if there is an extra blank line inserted between each line of text now. However - if I forward the email and try to place the cursor on these lines I can't - its like the line spacing for plain text emails has increased. The same email received by another client - looks ok. The same email in outlook web access - looks ok. So its just a visual thing on my machine. HTML emails look fine. Any ideas? Problem only appeared in the last few days. Befor...

Delegate permissions error
Whilst trying to set up delegate permissions for a colleague to access my calendar and inbox I get the following error message when I try to apply the selected permissions. Can anyone help? "The delegates settings were not saved correctly. Unable to activate send-on-behalf-of list. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this subject". We are using Microsoft Exchange Server. ...

outlook 10-20-03
Illegal operation happens when trying to access contacts in outlook. It closes us out. We are on a network. I don't know what You mean JellyBean... How are you trying to access the Outlook Contacts? More details are needed to be of any assistance besides silly jokes. Do ya know what I mean JellyBean?? JR "jellybean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0bec01c3975e$1e6fa8a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Illegal operation happens when trying to access contacts > in outlook. It closes us out. We are on a network. ...

Outlook Express. . .can't get mail !!
EPleae excuse my ignorance. . .I'm new t this, but here is my problem : I'm running cable modem, and have windows 95 . . w/ outlook express 5. I just noticed I cannot get into to mail. I go through prompts. . .and as it tries to receive messages. . .an error appears indicating "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If problem persists, contact program vendor". I've been running this for a couple of years and never had any issues. Nothing has changed in my setup. I called my ISP. . .they said it was not related to the mail server...

How can I add the "open with" as a choice to Outlook menus?
A co-worker with a mac sends me a .txt file attachment. If I 'preview' the file in Outlook, all the formatting is fine. However, if I open the attachment (default is to open a .txt file with notepad), the formatting is lost. I know I can either: 1) save the file to disk, and then from Windows explorer, do an "open with" to open it with Wordpad. 2) Change the file type associatein for .txt files so they will always open with wordpad. I don't like either of these choices. Option 1 adds extra steps (I may not want to save the file at all!). Option...

How can add a "label colour" in this routine?
How can add a "label colour" in this routine? Sub MakeAppointmentInOutlook2003() Dim olApp As Outlook.Application Dim olApt As AppointmentItem Set olApp = New Outlook.Application Set olApt = olApp.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With olApt .Start = Range("A2") .Duration = Range("B2") .Subject = Range("C2") .Location = Range("D2") .Categories = Work .Display .Save End With Set olApt = Nothing Set olApp = Nothing See http://www.outlookcode.com/codedetail.asp...

Outlook Automation via c++
Hello, I�m having problems using the automation for Outlook. For example I want to add an new OutlookBarGroup by using the WrapperClass: _OutlookBarGroups new_group; VARIANT vLongInt; vLongInt.vt = VT_I4; vLongInt.lVal = 0; CString new_name; new_name = "NEW_GROUP"; new_group.Add(new_name,vLongInt); The "Add-Function" should create now a new Group in Outlook, but I can�t see the "NEW_GROUP" When I run the programm there�s no error ... but what is wrong ? I need badly help ! Thanks a lot, Chris PS: Where can I find a good documentation about the wrapper-classe...

Can someone please confirm the latest version for Money Plus Home and Business?
I bought the upgrade to Money Plus back in June when it wasn't clear if my existing Money 7 would continue the online features past the published September,2009 cutoff. Since Money 7 has continued the online updates, I didn't install Money Plus until today, when I'm setting up a new computer. I couldn't find any listing of the last updated Money Plus version number, and I want to be sure I have any updates that were issued for the product. My Money Plus Home and Business version number is 17.0.150.1415. Is that the last update? Paul Shapiro wrote: > I bo...

How to add streaming video to your website
How to add streaming video to your website www.abcsun.net ...

Outlook 2007
Hello, In Outlook 2007 with an Exchange-server mailbox : - is it possible to open the Contacts folder and configure the view to only show distribution lists? - can we also show the name of each distribution list, followed by its members (like the by By Category view)? Thanks, - Alan. No. DL's are a deprecated feature that never did work well. Most users abandoned them long ago and use Categories instead. -- Russ Valentine "Alan" <bruguy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:be72d571-2d86-4eda-9f5d-d0e11d4a05c9@o14g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > Hello,...