How to get name of currently opened Outlook(2003) profile

Hi All,

Can any one suggest  how to get currently opened outlook profile
programatically . I am using Outlook 2003.

Please suggest any solution other than redemption.

Thanks in advance.

The best you could do is use the namespace.currentuser property to get the
name of the user currently logged on.  Outlook 2007's object model exposes
the name of the Outlook profile.

The only other thing I can think of is to enumerate the registry for Outlook
profile names.

"Stop method of Sync object is not workin"
<StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:56ED2C5A-8322-453B-81E2-C62E1183455D@microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
>
> Can any one suggest  how to get currently opened outlook profile
> programatically . I am using Outlook 2003.
>
> Please suggest any solution other than redemption.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Neo (372)
10/5/2009 8:41:37 PM
how can I gett current profile name using Office 11.0 object library.

Thnaks in advance

"neo" wrote:

> The best you could do is use the namespace.currentuser property to get the
> name of the user currently logged on.  Outlook 2007's object model exposes
> the name of the Outlook profile.
>
> The only other thing I can think of is to enumerate the registry for Outlook
> profile names.
>
> "Stop method of Sync object is not workin"
> <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:56ED2C5A-8322-453B-81E2-C62E1183455D@microsoft.com...
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Can any one suggest  how to get currently opened outlook profile
> > programatically . I am using Outlook 2003.
> >
> > Please suggest any solution other than redemption.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

As I mentioned before, the name of the Outlook profile is not exposed in the
Outlook 2003 object model.  Outlook 2007 is the first version that exposes

message news:D0C369AA-94BE-4412-8744-B46C33F5EBDC@microsoft.com...
> how can I gett current profile name using Office 11.0 object library.
>
> Thnaks in advance
>

> "neo" wrote:
>
>> The best you could do is use the namespace.currentuser property to get
>> the
>> name of the user currently logged on.  Outlook 2007's object model
>> exposes
>> the name of the Outlook profile.
>>
>> The only other thing I can think of is to enumerate the registry for
>> Outlook
>> profile names.
>>
>> "Stop method of Sync object is not workin"
>> <StopmethodofSyncobjectisnotworkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:56ED2C5A-8322-453B-81E2-C62E1183455D@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi All,
>> >
>> > Can any one suggest  how to get currently opened outlook profile
>> > programatically . I am using Outlook 2003.
>> >
>> > Please suggest any solution other than redemption.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.

0
Neo (372)

Outlook 2003 and junkmail and rules
the outlook 2003 junkmail filter worked well until i added a simple rule to move all incoming messages for my 2nd email account to a folder. the spam addressed to that email account remains in the folder i specified. i could not find any way to configure the junkmail filter to make it function properly. it appears that all my new messages must remain in the inbox folder for the junk mail filter to be effective. ...

IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog when opening PDF
I have written Java application that, when user click on the button, it opens new location in the same window in which it shows new HTML page and opens new popup window using window.open() JavaScript code. In the popup window Java outputs PDF using following headers: ContentType - application/pdf ContentLength - 1000 Content-Disposition - attachment; filename=My.pdf With above settings IE8 doesn't show open/save dialog for my PDF. Above code works fine with IE6, IE7 and Firefox. If I change "attachment" to "inline", then IE8 shows PDF in the popup wi...

Using Outlook Custom Forms through OWA
Hi all, Is there any way to implement this? We have an Exchange 2003 server with Sp2. Users out of office hope to use outlook custom forms through OWA. Can this be done? ...

Very strange problem with Outlook folders
I recently spent a whole lot of time going through the 750+ messages in my inbox and sorting them into 5 folders: two for retention (long term, short term) and three for response (high priority, medium priority and low priority). Of course I deleted some of them as well. The two retention folders pre-existed this process, but the three response folders were created at this time. A few weeks after completing all that work, I was keeping my inbox nice and small (<20 messages) by moving them into those 5 folders as I received them. I was logged onto the network (I use a laptop and I trave...

Access 2007 Opens Access App as Read Only
Greetings and thank you in advance for any assistance given. I am using Access 2007 on a PC running Vista Business and am having a slight problem. I have an Access application that, whenever I open the application, is opened as "Read Only" and I am forced to do a "Save As" in order to make changes. This is really rather annoying and I would like to make it stop. Is this a UAC issue in Vista or is this an Access 2007 issue? "Louie Landkirk" <LouieLandkirk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D0386E5-555C-40C6-BD37-7EA957A550E9@microsof...

A Crystal Beginner

Using current date track budget.
Hi, I am trying to update a percentage completion cell in a budget tracking spreadsheet based on the current month. Basically I have a row for each activity and a column for each month. I enter the hours completed for each activity in each month. I have a total number of hours value which will be used to calculate the %completed. So what I need is to a formula that will calculate the following: if ( this month is April) then (sum the hours from start month to april and divide by the total hours cell) else if (this month is May) then (sum the hours from start month to april and ...

Install driver files with the same name
Hello, We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third party. I am looking for a way to install the drivers. Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. Is there any way to install the drivers without changing their file sames? Taka <Taka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >We have multiple driver files with the same name which were provided third >party. >I am looking for a way to install the drivers. >Because We want that the each driver are used in different applications. > >Is there ...

Retrieve deleted emails in Outlook 2000
Hi-I added another user to Outlook 2000 & made a seperate email account as well as set up password & user profile on WIN ME. All the emails copied from the old user to the added new user. I went into the new users email account & deleted all the email from the other user & emptied deleted items. When I went back to the first users email- they had been deleted also. Why did this happen? Anyway I can retrieve them-they are not in trash or recycle bin. The email seems to be working fine for both accounts though. I appreciate any help-thanks! ...

Outlook Activation/PDA outlook version
Microsoft will not fully activate a OUTLOOK program that came with my Toshiba PDA, they say "cannot activate due to already activated on another machine", I deleated the program on the machine they mention however still dosent activate. Trying to work through Microsoft they wont help cause Toshiba sold me that version. if so how can microsoft limit my outlook and not answer my qustion. ...

file is locked does not appear in Excel if file already open by an
We have shared files on a network drive. When a file is open by one user, and a second user opens the file we want them to recieve <filename> is locked for editing message and open the file read only. This works great for some users, but we have several users that can open the file (even if someone is already in it) and they do not get the prompt and can edit the workbook. Is there a setting that would turn this off for some users and not others in excel? Hello Leslie, You could try sharing the workbook. With the Excel workbook open, choose Tools from the menu. Choose Share W...

Why isn't Outlook downloading all messages
I'm running Outlook 2007 on a Windows Vista 64bit machine with 8GBs of Ram. I've been noticing that Outlook doesn't always download all messages from my ISP. It will download 95% of them, but then it leaves some messages on the server. I can see them if I log into my webmail, but OUtlook doesn't download them. If I restart Outlook, it will see them and download. Is this a common problem? Do I need to reinstall? Jason, Once again, your ISP may have a limit that you are exceeding. "Jason Klein" <JasonKlein@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

sale for outlook
crating a task in sales for outlook client using the CRM task button only makes a task in outlook folder, and does not make a crm task. but in the oulook folder its classified as a crm task. Any help would be Appriciated . outlook 2002. arggg ...

Outlook won't close
I'm running Outlook2000 under WinXP and when I close Outlook it either hangs in memoey and continues to run or the mail icon stays up in the taskbar. I then have to open the task manager and kill it there. I've installed the latest Office service packs and searched the knowlege base but cannot find a similar problem posted. I believe I've had this problem as far back as the Win98 days. Anyone have an idea how i can fix this? I'm betting it's just taking so long you're assuming it's locked when it's simply taking a long time. I assume when you close it i...

Get paid while you get online!!

I can not open doc file attachments from outlook express 6.0
I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 Error message - There is not enough memory to open file All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine I have already increased my paging memory. >-----Original Message----- >I can not open doc file attachments in outlook express 6.0 >Error message - There is not enough memory to open file >All other attachments eg: jpeg etc are fine=20 >I have already increased my paging memory. >. > These Newsgroups address Office Outlook issues. Outlook Express gurus hang out here: http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/def...

Converting Outlook files #2
Hi, In a magazine article that I read, it said that when moving from Outlook 2002 or earlier to Outlook 2003, you should convert the file to the new format that is found in 2003, but how can I do that BTW. I don't want to loose all of the documents and setting that are already associated with the current file -- Thank you in Advance Merci a l'Avance Martin In Outlook 2003, File->New->Outlook Data File->Type->Personal Folders File. Do not select the 97-2002 format. Then drag and drop your folders from the old to the new. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted