How to Find the Message that contained The Attachment of a Known File-Name.

Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003
to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name?

I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an
attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one
mailbox.

Regards,
AndyH
0
andyh1 (26)

If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility
server-side.

From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm
wrong.

Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though.

"AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au> wrote in message
> Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003
> to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name?
>
> I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an
> attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one
> mailbox.
>

> Regards,
> AndyH

0
william8023 (152)
9/11/2006 6:28:01 AM
I do have Exchange, so server-side is an option.  Would you be able to
suggest the utility that might do this.

However it would be preferable to do this in Outlook, so if you know
of a suitable desktop search application, that would be great.

AndyH

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:28:01 -0700, "William Lefkovics [MVP]"
<william@spamsux.lefkovics.net> wrote:

>If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility
>server-side.
>
>From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm
>wrong.
>
>Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though.
>

>"AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au> wrote in message
>> Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003
>> to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name?
>>
>> I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an
>> attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one
>> mailbox.
>>

>> Regards,
>> AndyH

0
andyh1 (26)
9/11/2006 6:59:48 AM
Exmerge can query for attachments by name.  It was a common use for it when
the first .vbs viruses went around in 1999-2001.

http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2004/07/01/171051.aspx

>I do have Exchange, so server-side is an option.  Would you be able to
> suggest the utility that might do this.
>
> However it would be preferable to do this in Outlook, so if you know
> of a suitable desktop search application, that would be great.
>
> AndyH
>

> On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 23:28:01 -0700, "William Lefkovics [MVP]"
> <william@spamsux.lefkovics.net> wrote:
>
>>If attached to an Exchange server, I would, as an admin, use a utility
>>server-side.
>>
>>From the client, I'm not sure Outlook can do it on its own. Hopefully, I'm
>>wrong.
>>
>>Some of the desktop search applications have this functionality though.
>>

>>"AndyH" <andyh@triode.net.au> wrote in message
>>> Is there some way to search through a list of emails in Outlook 2003
>>> to find the one that contains an attachment of a specific file name?
>>>
>>> I am often trying to track down the message that accompanied an
>>> attachment with a known file-name amongst thousands of messages in one
>>> mailbox.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>> AndyH

0
william8023 (152)

unable to poll for new messages.......
anyone know what to do w/ theses errors? Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp' , Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: '', Port: 0, Secure (SSL): No, Socket Error: 12029, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect to the server. Account: 'pop-server.sc.rr.com', Server: 'pop- server.sc.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC15 ...

Renaming Exchange 2003 Server computer name
Is there a way to rename an Exchange 2003 server computer name without having to reinstall? Thanks for your help jericom@gmail.com (Jerico Max) wrote in news:bdd87ac0.0409221151.125dfb99 @posting.google.com: > Is there a way to rename an Exchange 2003 server computer name without > having to reinstall? This can get ugly. Proceed with caution. I'd recommend building a new server and moving mailboxes to it. You could use temporary hardware and rebuild your current server with your required name. Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: htt...

Installation files
I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Kirill wrote: >I bought Money 2006 Deluxe earlier this year after downloading the trial >version online. Yesterday my computer crashed and I had to reinstall Windows. >Is there any way I can get the files necessary to reinstall Money? Thanks. You can download and install the Money 2006 trial version. When Money uses a file with ...

PLEASE HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file #2
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

A code to import other xls data into one xls file
Hi there. Can anyone help me in creating a VB code in excel Module that imports data like file name;direct cost; and year from several xls spreadsheets [reports_1, reports_2, ...] (from different sheets and cells) into one spreadsheet [summary] into the following columns accordingly: (column 1 [file name]: file name; column 2 [direct cost]: dollar amounts, column 3 [year]: year)? i already have the code that pulls file names from the folder directory and pastes the data into column 1 [file name]. may be it will be easier to have the code refer to that column 1. Please note that t...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Unreadable attachment
I was able to open this attachment but it is written in computer code. Is there any way to translate this into readable English? Thank you for any help. Tom What is the file extension? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:854369FC-9DFC-45B9-8F54-F2C6C6A93714@microsoft.com... >I was able to open this attachment but it is written in computer code. >Is > th...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Message Tracking missing messages
Running Exchange 2003. An user had some messages bounced back. Just to see if I saw anything relevant, I went into Message Tracking and pulled up all the messages that day by leaving the various fields (except for date and server) blank. Not all the messages that the user had sent was showing up. Anyone have any ideas why Message Tracking wasn't tracking all the messages? Richard Rosenheim Perhaps the user sent via a different (non-Exchange) SMTP server? -GT "Richard L Rosenheim" <richard@rlr.com> wrote in message news:eVOqg4nFFHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > ...

Large file #2
Hi, I am working on a spreadsheet which was 244k in size, when I reopened it it is now reporting it to be 1.45mb! How did this happen and how can I get it back to it's initial size? Thanks in advance. Hi maybe re-setting the used area will help. See http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I am working on a spreadsheet which was 244k in size, when >I reopened it it is now reporting it to be 1.45mb! >How did this happen and how can I get it back to it's >initial size? > >Thanks in advance. >. > ...

Outlook 2003 freeze when opening new message/replying/forwarding
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C9EB9B.D3E3CDF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I am using Office 2003 on Vista Home Premium platform and MS Word as = editor. Have been doing this for years, and I have the same setup in = multiple computers (other computers with XP Pro). Lately, the one in the Vista machine developed a pause when click on a = New Mail, Replying or Forwarding, for about 5 seconds. Everything else = works normal and I didn't have this problem in the begin...

Replacing data in Pivot Table causes Field name change
Good morning, I have a pivot table report that uses about 1200 rows of data on a neighboring page. Today I produced new monthly data and pasted it on top of the old data. When I do this the report's left most column field names all change from FieldName to FieldName2. When I look in the drop down box for that field it seems to have duplicated the fields when I pasted the new data. I'm able to work around it by changing the displayed lables from FieldName2 to FieldName"space""space". I can't change to just FieldName because that is already in use. M...

Timesheet
Hi there, i am sorry i typed in capitals it wasn't meant for. I have one more question sorry. (Please refer to the file attached) 1) When you click on the 'Timesheet' worksheet you can see that th timesheet is displayed. In the combo box there are 20 employee names. I wanted to have eac employee with their own private timesheet (on the same template) Whe for example 'Kathy' name is selected from the combo, the figures do no changed according to the hours she has done. I would like to know ho to do this, thankyou Attachment filename: model.xls ...

With MSMQ use the formatter only in the message level
I use msmq with BinaryMessageFormatter. I usually set the formatter as follows in the queue level. UDP_Dll_Que.Formatter = new BinaryMessageFormatter(); Since I want to use the same queue for more than one kind of messages, I would like to use the formatter only in the message level before sending, as follows System.Messaging.Message MsmqMessageObject = new System.Messaging.Message(MessageObject, new BinaryMessageFormatter()); And in the event callback method, in a similar way. Would it work? Regards Gomez ...

Problem in installing file system driver
Hi, I am not able to install my .sys file filter driver.I have written .inf file and while installing this inf file its not giving any error also.Plz help me in solving this. my file filter driver file name is : *****************Here is My .inf file ******************************* [Version] Signature="$Chicago$" Class=MyDriver ClassGuid={286E934F-962E-4e1c-9729-1F65205A094F} Provider=%ADITI% DriverVer=01/22/2004,1.11.1111 [ClassInstall32] Addreg=MyDriverReg [MyDriverReg] HKR,,,,%DisplayClassName% HKR,,Icon,,"-5" [Manufacturer] %ADITI%="Aditi" [SourceDisk...

Find (but not find)

X.400 Message via SMTP Connector
Hello, Is it possible to implement MIXER with Microsoft Exchanger Server 2003 The reason of this question is : I have three different organisations (so, three forests). The main goa is to use an organisation as a "pivot" to relay mails at eac organisation who are interconnected to pivot. Each organisation i interconnected to pivot via a SMTP connector. There are several kind o messages (X.400, SMTP, GroupWise, Notes) wich can be relayed. When send a SMTP message ... No problem, the pivot relay the message t other organisation or to a user on pivot. But, when I send a X.40 message...

Looking for a basic "duplicate file name finder" app.
Does anyone use a free duplicate file finder that they like? I know there are lots out there but when I went to download.com and searched, I got 800 hits. When I tried the "most popular" according to it's ratings, they turned out to be trial-ware. The most popular tool seems to do everything *but* find duplicate filenames. It wanted to "clean up my system". Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail http://www.softpedia.com/get/S...

Opening a form with cursor in a control filed
I have a form with a subform as reference. I only do data entry in 3 fields. I have set the tab control for field 1, 2 and 3, but when I click on add new record the cursor goes to the subform and and cannot tab out to the first field of the main form. I would like to set this up that on got focus the cursor is on the selected field and then tabs or move on enter to the next selected field in the tab order. The tab order in the main for is resetting to zero. Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 ...

copying messages to multiple mailboxes
I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting unwieldy and more complicated. So what I'm looking for is a "best method" solution. Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients. I have a group of users who each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing. The kicker is they need to receive the message only once. So if I have three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following: Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C. Message from C to A gets copied only B. The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from...

message with RTF in outbox disables rich text control?
i develop a VAR application that sends emails on behalf of the user (using outlook automation usually via outlook redemption). An increasing number of customers are coming up with an error (0x8000405 unspecified error) when same program tries to instantiate a richtext object while emails are still in the outbox (or in drafts folder). Or at least that is my initial diagnosis. The richtext component seems fine. It was used to create the message body of the original email and that email is sent ok. Subsequent attempts to use the richtext control will work once the outbox is ...

Finding an event