How to find complete path for emails in search window? (2007)

Is there any way to find out the complete "path" where an email is
stored?

I have a fairly complicated configuration of email folders. I have 8-10
top-level folders, each of which may have several sub-levels, etc. In
some cases, the nesting goes 5-6 levels deep.

This has been great for organizing the emails, but it has become a
problem when searching for emails. The search window shows the name of
the folder each email is in, but it does not show the full path, so I
don't know where that folder is in the hierarchy. I really don't want to
go opening up every level.

The MSFT help for this says to open the email and look in the
properties. This is useless. It provides the same information -- just
the folder name, not the path.

I am using Outlook 2007.
0
JenMurphy1 (28)

If you search in Windows (using Windows Instant Search), you'll see the
path in Outlook. Otherwise not without a convoluted method:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/2011/1226/find-folder-path-in-mailbox/

This VBA gets the folder path:
http://www.vboffice.net/sample.html?lang=en&mnu=2&smp=65&cmd=showitem

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
OutlookForums http://www.outlookforums.com

On 8/11/2011 11:42 AM, Jennifer Murphy wrote:
> Is there any way to find out the complete "path" where an email is
> stored?
>
> I have a fairly complicated configuration of email folders. I have 8-10
> top-level folders, each of which may have several sub-levels, etc. In
> some cases, the nesting goes 5-6 levels deep.
>
> This has been great for organizing the emails, but it has become a
> problem when searching for emails. The search window shows the name of
> the folder each email is in, but it does not show the full path, so I
> don't know where that folder is in the hierarchy. I really don't want to
> go opening up every level.
>
> The MSFT help for this says to open the email and look in the
> properties. This is useless. It provides the same information -- just
> the folder name, not the path.
>
> I am using Outlook 2007.
0
outlookmvp (5838)

Trusted locations for 2007 Access
I am going to purchase a new PC and order Office Professional 2007 with it. I now use Office 2003 and have many data bases. It is my understanding that I will have to locate my data bases in a "Trusted Location" to use them with Access 2007. All my data bases are now located in "My Documents" along with a lot of other files. My first question is will I have to move my data bases individually or is there some way I can move or make them all "Trusted" at one time? Not being familiar with "Trusted FIles", my second question is there some ...

How can I add Paste Special to the Word 2007 context menu?
Excel 2007's context menu includes Paste Special; Word's does not. I have frequent need for Paste Special in Word and the many trips to the Ribbon get tiresome. I'd like to know how to add commands to the context menu in general, but a solution for Paste Special is the immediate need. See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Customize_Word2007_SC_Menu_Programatically.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://...

'the operation failed' error window in outlook 2003?
Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open either. I have to click on the icon a second time and the program opens right away. I have all the latest updates including servicepack 2 Does anybody have any suggestions? Any help would be appreciated. Heidi <Heidi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Every time when I open Outlook I get an error message 'the operation > failed' that goes away after a second but the progam does not open > either. I have to click on the i...

Find Duplicate names and delate

Find a Value the first Time It Occurs

Finding a Median

Are random signatures possible in Windows Live Mail?
Is it possible to have a list of quotes or other phrases which will be inserted at random when one's signature is generated on an outgoing email? Thanks in advance. No. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "BfloDoc" <BfloDoc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:11F13AB0-27C9-4300-B25B-10088D2C8B56@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have a list of quotes or other phrases which will be = > inserted at random when one's signature is generated on an outgoing = email?...

need help with HTML EMAIL
Ok I have microsoft outlook 2000 SR, I would like to create a e-mail containing HTML code. I don't know where to start.... Please help me the probleme is my microsoft outlook is in french so that does'nt help also. Really I just need a way to put my HTML code in the e-mail could you help me ... Thanks in advance ! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.OutlookForum.com/ ...

Exchange Server 2007 and Domain Controllers
Hello, Could someone please tell me if I have to install Exchange Server 2007 on a AD Domain Controller, or can it be installed on a member server? I have a Windows 2008 Server that is a member server in a Windows 2003 Active Directory network that I'm looking to install Exchange 2007 on. Also, could someone tell me if there are any articles out there that will help me install my Exchange 2007 in the same domain as an existing Exchange 2003 Server (running on Windows 2000 Server)? I'm looking to install the new Exchange 2007 as a new server (new name) and migrate th...

Upgrade path questions from 9 to 2010
We are wanting to upgrade 9.00.0371 to GP 2010. We want to upgrade from a 2003 server running sql 2005 to to a new server (2008 R2) running SQL08. I went by the upgrade document, followed all the steps, upgrade scripts to check the tables, etc. I moved the GP9 databases to the new server running sql08. Went through the gp 2010 install ok. Loaded the hotfix, then started GP Utilities. I then get the question about transferring security of which I answer with no. The next screen errors out with a stored procedure initializeDB_upgrade() of form duSQLInstall:95: Pass Through SQ...

Find/Replace in RichEdit 2.0

Windows 2003 SP1 on Exchange 2003 with SP1
Hello, We have a native exchange 2003 org where all the servers are running exchange 2003 SP1 on windows 2003. We are thinking on installing windows SP1 but are concerned with any issues they might be. We heard that installing W2k3 SP1 on will cause a reindexing of the exchange store. Has any body experience this or any other issues? Also, we have heard about the /PAE switch issue... Thanks in advance I have upgraded quite a few Windows 2003 Servers to SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP1 already installed with no issue. Remember that Windows Server 2003 SP1 has a rollback if you run into an...

Two Accounts
Hi Have setup two accounts, and they show up as expected. However get this messsage when trying to send account B. Account A works just fine. Have an email in B which stays in outbox and B will not receive either.Each account is a different ISP but that should not make any difference. All the settings are the same for each account. **** host smtp server could not be found Windows live mail error ID: 0x800CCC0D .....Socket error 11003 **** There must be a setting that requires changing. Any ideas ? Thanks Charlie Harris "sswcharlie" wrote in messa...

OE&AOL:can't see body of email
Using XP, with AOL 9.0 and can read emails from everyone except those who send via Outlook Express. I can "see" that there is email from them, but when I opent the email in AOL, it just is a blank page. Any help? ...

Find (but not find)

2003/2007 compatibility
i work on the same .xls files as the rest of my collegues, but i am the only one that made the jump to 2007. even though i open their files with more or less no problems, ever time they open mine the charts are all messed up. The textboxes loose their background, the printable box gets unchecked, and they seem to get resized so not all of the text even fits in the box. Is there something that i can do to avoid this and solve this problem? I will be forced to change back if i cannot because it is much too counter-productive. ps. i wondered if there is a way to have the same function...

Email in Outbox has Sent = NONE, No dates assigned, email not getting sent!!
Hi, I have a really wierd problem in that every email I try to send gets sent to the Outbox which is fine but it NEVER gets a Date assigned to it under the SENT column. It just says NONE?? With no date being assigned to it the emails never get sent out!! I have tried uninstalling and re- installing Outlook and it did not fix it. Thanks, Frank Outlook version? Do you have any addins installed? Open one of the messages, go to the Options dialog and make sure that the folder where the message will be saved after being sent is a valid folder. Then switch from the Outlbox to any othe...

cannot send or receive email #2
I get a "0x800ccc7D" error message and cannot send or receive email. Seems to be related to SSL conditioning? SBC says all my address information is correct and referred me to MSFT tech support. ...

Finding an event

cannot find database

Where is the graphics selection pointer in excel 2007?
I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now? It's to be found in - Insert tab - Illustrations - Shapes - select a shape and insert into w/s and immediately the new drawing tools format tab opens up -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Bruce" wrote: > I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the ...

Emails randomly being tracked
Hi All, We are experiencing a very frustrating problem with our CRM 3 installation. We have the CRM for Outlook client (v3) installed on all of the pc's used by our CRM users. All users are set to track email one way (the setting to make only one task for mail between users). We are tracking only CRM token emails by default. We have the outlook rule freshly deployed to all users after checking the correct operation and config of the client. However, every so often (about one in every few hundred emails) an email will be automatically tracked in crm for absolutely no apparent reason...

"A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook"
This message suddenly started and now comes up with every new email I begin in Outlook. Does anyone know what might have caused this and is there any way to correct it without having to uninstall/reinstall? "sgaines62" <impactplan@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:5eee01c49278$9d88b710$a501280a@phx.gbl... > This message suddenly started and now comes up with every > new email I begin in Outlook. Does anyone know what > might have caused this and is there any way to correct it > without having to uninstall/reinstall? Just a guess, but you could have a virus...