how to enable Outlook to start in Online mode

Hi,

I use MS Outlook 2007 in Cache Server Mode. To troubleshoot some
performance problem i was facing I tried switching to 'Work Offline'
mode.
the problem is, now whenever I launch Outlook it loads in Offline
mode. I have tried going online and then exiting outlook to see if
subsequently it would load in the last state (Online) it was exited
but to no avail.

I would really appreciate if someone can guide me how to change the
outlook Startup settings.

Regards,
Nabeel

fixed using the following settings

Tools -> account Settings -> Edit Microsoft Exchange account -> More
settings -> General (tab) -> When Starting -> Manually control
connection state -> Connect wiht teh internet

Initially it was set to Automatic and used to work :(

On Dec 8, 9:58 pm, Nabeel <nabeel.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use MS Outlook 2007 in Cache Server Mode. To troubleshoot some
> performance problem i was facing I tried switching to 'Work Offline'
> mode.
> the problem is, now whenever I launch Outlook it loads in Offline
> mode. I have tried going online and then exiting outlook to see if
> subsequently it would load in the last state (Online) it was exited
> but to no avail.
>
> I would really appreciate if someone can guide me how to change the
> outlook Startup settings.
>
> Regards,
> Nabeel

Force outlook to go to AD to get Exchange server name
I've this quesitons about Microsoft Outlook 2000/2003 clients (MAPI) for Exchange 2000 and 2003 servers. How can I force the Outlook clients to go to AD to find out which exchange server is holding the mailbox of the user? I want to do that every time clients starts or refresh it if it is already running. This way I don't have to reconfigure (or "Check Name") them whenever I move mailbox of the user from one exchange server to another in the organization. Thanks RD You shouldn't have to do that. When Outlook connects, it should get the Home Server attribute f...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

outlook and xp
I have installed outlook (as part of office 2000 pro) on my xp machine but it won't remember passwords for sending and recieving emails, even though the relavent boxes are ticked. Is there a fix for this? all updates have been installed as well, but didn't cure the problem. Also seem unable to customise outlook today start page. Apologies if this has been covered already. Many thanks -- Tendril ___________________________ A mistake is only a mistake If one learns nothing from it For Outlook 2000 or 2002 on Win98, NT, or 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-...

Excel 2007 gives Configuring message everytime it is started
Hi, After installing MS Office 2007 Enterprise on a Vista Pc , a friend of mine gets a message 'Configuring Excel' everytime he opens the application, the other Office applications he uses do not give this message. Please can anyone help? Regards John Dean ...

Microsoft Outlook did not reuse window in Windows 7
I am having a little problem with Microsoft Outlook in Windows 7. I tried to ask in Microsoft Answers but a Microsoft representative suggest me to ask my question here. Link to my post in Microsoft Answer: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/a4502ffc-8b0b-4b09-8fe6-65fda6396145 My problem: I have been using the E-Mail shortcut button on my keyboard for several years in Windows XP. I love to press that button several times until Microsoft Outlook pop up to the screen in a single window. However things have changed since Windows 7. Press the butt...

outlook info. transfer
I just bought a knew computer and i saved my Outlook folders: ie. Calendar, Inbox, Contacts, etc... as 'Office Data File'(.pst). I have now saved these files on my new computer, however when I try to open the file I am prompted with a caution message saying that the files are a part of the operating system and if opened could cause harm. Does anyone know how i can open these files and import into my new Outlook? You can't open the file from anywhere but inside Outlook. First make sure the file is not marked read-only and that it's on your hard drive, not on a CD. ...

How do I make Outlook look like Outlook Express?
I find the Outlook window too crowded; the Outlook Express window is simpler. How can I configure Outlook to look like Outlook Express? I've used the Navigator Pane options to hide what I don't want to see. ALso, how do I get back newsgroups? Thanks There really isn't a good way to do this. Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs and they are designed for the needs of different audiences; you'd have just as much trouble trying to make OE look like Outlook. As to the News command, go to the Programs tab in 'Control Panel|Internet Options' a...

email links to outlook
Hello, Whenever I view a web page or any other web document and there is a mail to: link or an "highlighted" email link, It opens MS Outlook to my in box and NOT directly to a "NEW MAIL" document. I have used other computers elsewhere and the email links open a new mail document. How can I fix this? I am using Windows 2000 and an using Outlook 2000 Please respond directly to my email at: hshi@gate.net Since I don't know if i can get back to this area again. Thanks, Charles ...

VOIP with Outlook
I recently switched to VOIP. Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (2003) to dial a VOIP line? Thanks, Jim Connell Custom Software 978-392-3462 www.custom-software.biz "Jim Connell" <JimConnell3@comcast.net> wrote in message news:MrydnbC6wulFX1fcRVn-vg@comcast.com... >I recently switched to VOIP. > > Does anyone know how to configure Outlook (2003) to dial a VOIP line? > > Thanks, > > > Jim Connell > Custom Software > 978-392-3462 > www.custom-software.biz > VOIP is a protocol (Voice Over Internet Protocol), not a dialup/DSL/c...

Outlook 2003 in Office
Problems: I want Outlook to be my default mail. I upgraded Office from Office XP to Office 2003. I had no problems with Office XP, moving around from program to program, using my calendar for everything and synchronizing. But, Office 2003 has been nothing but problems. I used the trial version and liked it better. Help, plz. Thanks, RAJ What sort of problems? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "rjones" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

Prolems with Outlook/OE newsreader after SP2 upgrade
I just upgraded to XP SP2. The upgrade went fine without a hitch. But now I am having a problem when trying to read newsgroups using the Outlook Newsreader. If I click on a newsgroup, it automatically jumps back to the server name. After playing around for a bit, it always jumps back to the server as defined in the default news account. How can I fix this? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for ...

LInk issues in Outlook
Recently changed browsers becasue of work issues and now links in Outlook emails generate a box that effectively says Windows can't open this what program would you like to use to view this file. What setting do I need to change in either the browser or Outlook that will automatically open the links in emails? HELP!!! . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com "Rob Tobin" <rtobin[at]cinci[dot]rr[dot]com> wrote in message news:umMhcaJWKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Recently changed browsers becasue of work issues and now links in Outlook > emails generate ...

how to import contacts from excel to outlook?
Hi, I got an Excel file contains contact information of certain number of people. How can I import into outlook contacts? regards Have you tried using the File menu > Import & Export command? If so, what did or didn't happen? "Adrian" <a@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eX83uzk0FHA.1256@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I got an Excel file contains contact information of certain number of > people. How can I import into outlook contacts? actually, I didn't know there such function, i was looking for it. Thanks for you help. "Vince ...

Outlook save Exchange credentials
All - I have an Outlook client that is off-site and connecting to an Exchange server. Outlook is configured for MAPI mode. When the client launches Outlook, he is prompted for Domain/Username/Password. He is able to sign in after filling out all three fields. How do I make Outlook save the Domain and User name? I once had a registy "punch" that accomplished this, but I can't seem to find it anymore. Thanks! Tony Tony, Please check to see if the following policy is active on the client. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\policies\system "don...

starting outlook #4
Hi, Since a few days when i will start outlook 2002 I receive the message that outlook can only start in save modus. When I accepted that everthings works, but before the programm ask to send a file to ms with the message. When I look what the message is is written mso.dll How can I change that outloos star up normaly Thanks, Coen Hi coen abram, please read this article about the mso.dll in Outlook. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;309491 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=820367 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup a...

Error when 1st Launching New Outlook
I am continually getting the following message when I am trying to start the new Outlook up for the 1st time, can anyone help me?? "The application failed to initalize properly (0x80000003). Click on OK to terminate the application." All the other apps work, Word, Excel, Publisher, just not this one. Help, I need my e-mail!!! -- Michael Reimann Have you set up your Internet Connection? Are you connected to the Internet? Have you asked your Internet Service Provider for the server settings? If so, try reinstalling Outlook. If your version is 2000 this will apply: http://su...

Outlook 2007 #39
I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific text" OR "other text" not for "specific text" AND "other text". How can I get it to search using an "AND" argument? Thanks. > I'm trying to create a rule in OL2007 that will search in incoming > messages for specific text and then automatically reply to that. The > problem is that OL2007 will only let me search for "specific tex...

Installing Outlook plugin for CRM
While installing Sales For Outlook I get an installation error stating that the process has prematurely terminated. I am running Office XP, Windows XP SP 1. Cannot find any help on technet or MSDN. Anyone have any clues? ...

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

Cant open Outlook 2003
Hi, Im trying to use Outlook 2003 as my organiser/to do/address book client at work and it wont let me. I've just a got a smartphone and want to sync my phones outlook with my office PC's outlook features except email which Im not bothered about. I first get a dialog box stating: "the name could not be matched to a name in the address list" And then it goes to dialog box requesting I configure my exchange server name and mailbox. I cancel this as I know I havnt got an account on the server yet as we are in the process of migrating our email from Notes to Exchange. Upon...

Outlook Express 6.0 Problems
Please Help. Email messages that I send are not showing up under my sent items folder. The last messages I have are from 1/4/2004. Nothing was changed on my PC. All the boxes are checked under "Tools", "Sent". This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97-2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=...

send/receive when online
Hi, we have a user using Office XP SP2 on Windows XP professional. I have set him up with Offline folders in outlook. When he is online, messages that he receives should come in instantaneously. They don't unless you do a 'send/receive'. What am I missing. When he writes a message, the message is sent immediately. Thanks in advance for your help. Constance The problem may be that the information (called "UDP packets") that Exchange is sending to notify Outlook of changes to the mailbox is being blocked by something. Possible culprits are proxy servers, fir...

Can't open this item
Hi Outloook 2000 and Exchange 2000 I am having a problem with Outlook 2K sending tif and zip files. Any other file attachement works fine (.exe .pdf .doc etc) but as soon as tif and zip files exceed about 350k I get the message "Can't open this item" if I try to open it from the Sent items folder. I can send these files but if they get returned I get the error message. Any suggestions would be most welcome as I have no idea where to start with this. I have checked all the file size limitations in Exchange and Outlook that I know of. Thanks ...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...