How to enable envelope in systray for new mail?

Hi,

I'm using MS Outlook 2003 (WinXP).
At the beginning, when a new mail arrived envelope appeared in systray,
Outlook was minimized to systray too.

But, once upon in time, I clicked on this envelope and choosed 'hide',
and now, I don't know how to enable it again,
It drives me mad, because I don't see when a new mail arrives.
Of course there is a alert but it lasts for a few seconds,
If i'm not near the computer, I'll not see it.

How to enable that envelope for new mails? (unread mails)

--
razor
0

Tools->options->email options->advanced email options.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, razor asked:

| Hi,
|
| I'm using MS Outlook 2003 (WinXP).
| At the beginning, when a new mail arrived envelope appeared in
| systray, Outlook was minimized to systray too.
|
| But, once upon in time, I clicked on this envelope and choosed 'hide',
| and now, I don't know how to enable it again,
| It drives me mad, because I don't see when a new mail arrives.
| Of course there is a alert but it lasts for a few seconds,
| If i'm not near the computer, I'll not see it.
|
| How to enable that envelope for new mails? (unread mails)

0
MillyS (3228)
9/4/2006 4:34:39 PM
Dnia Mon, 4 Sep 2006 09:34:39 -0700, Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
napisa�(a):

> Tools->options->email options->advanced email options.
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, razor asked:
>
>| Hi,
>|
>| I'm using MS Outlook 2003 (WinXP).
>| At the beginning, when a new mail arrived envelope appeared in
>| systray, Outlook was minimized to systray too.
>|
>| But, once upon in time, I clicked on this envelope and choosed 'hide',
>| and now, I don't know how to enable it again,
>| It drives me mad, because I don't see when a new mail arrives.
>| Of course there is a alert but it lasts for a few seconds,
>| If i'm not near the computer, I'll not see it.
>|
>| How to enable that envelope for new mails? (unread mails)

thanks!!
I've clicked everywhere, but somehow I missed that dialog.

--
razor
0

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Error when 1st Launching New Outlook
I am continually getting the following message when I am trying to start the new Outlook up for the 1st time, can anyone help me?? "The application failed to initalize properly (0x80000003). Click on OK to terminate the application." All the other apps work, Word, Excel, Publisher, just not this one. Help, I need my e-mail!!! -- Michael Reimann Have you set up your Internet Connection? Are you connected to the Internet? Have you asked your Internet Service Provider for the server settings? If so, try reinstalling Outlook. If your version is 2000 this will apply: http://su...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

new pc #3
Hi. I've managed to point my pst file from my old pc to my new one so have all my mail and contacts but how does one transfer all the email accounts? J You can try using the Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard to save & restore the accounts & other configuration info "JN" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:uX4rNMOzGHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi. I've managed to point my pst file from my old pc to my new one so have > all my mail and contacts but how does one transfer all the email accounts? ...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

Printing to Word from Access in a mail merge template
I have multiple word templates that are already setup to be mail merged with queries specifically for those templates. I'm not sure how I can run a event procedure to not only open the mail merged word document but to also retain connections to the access database in which the queried information is coming from. Any suggestions? You might care to take a look at: http://community.netscape.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?msg=23781.1&nav=messages&webtag=ws-msdevapps The technique employed is to export the query's result set to text file which is then set as the source for the me...

Rule to block mail with Sent = None
The last bit of spam that gets through ens at the bottom of the list with sent = "none" - usually a 6kB mail but I can't block it on that as some valid mails are also 6kB. I tried setting date as < a date in the near past but that does not stop it. Any ideas? Return-path: <xxxxxxx> where xxxxx is my address Envelope-to: xxxxxxxxx Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:55:20 +0200 Received: from h109-187-179-20.dyn.bashtel.ru ([109.187.179.20]) by www24.jnb2.host-h.net with smtp (Exim 4.69) (envelope-from <xxxxxxx>) id 1NfXdf-0005ld-0Q for xxxxxx...

New Install Help
I have deployed MSDE on advance server 2000 and installed RMS, created new sample database and connected with RMS, Now the question is that my c drive has only 500 meg left and I would like to move the database on drive D to work with RMS. any suggestions?? execute following command in Administrator program: exec sp_detach_db 'RMSSample', 'true' copy rmssample.mdf and rmssample.ldf to drive D exec sp_attach_db @dbname = N'RMSSample', @filename1 = N'D:\rmssample.mdf', @filename2 = N'D:\rmssample.ldf' "SA Baker" <SABaker@discussio...

Outlook 2003 New User
I am trying to become an ex outlook express user and am new to outlook. I am encountering several problems. The Favourites folder has disappeared - can't see it anywhere although some of the folders in my personal folders show that they are in the favourites folder and give me the option to remove them. I keep having an additinal email mysteriously created - same name as my main email but with (1) at the end. There are options which are grayed out intermittently - sometimes there sometimes not. Should I do a repair? If so am I likely to lose my settings and mail etc. I am runni...

Mailmerge into new publication
When I use Mailmerge and chose "Create new Publication" the resulting publication does NOT contain my addresses. Instead, it only shows the names of the merge fields from the address block. So, I thought I give the "Print to file" form the Print Merge dialog a shot. Well, Publisher crashes and restarts every time I try it. The reason I'm trying this is because the printer is in a different location than I am. Any, thoughts. Thx What version of Windows and Publisher are you using? What is the program that you are holding the data in you want to merge? -- I am...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

New excel user question: Incase of tie, select latest date
This will probably be really simple for most of you. This is coming fro someone really new to excel. I'm working on a worksheet and I can't figure out how to do this. In case of a tie, select the latest date. And it says i can't use th sort command. Now i can figure out how to tell if there is a tie using =IF(COUNTIF(I13:I43,MIN(I13:I43))>=2,"Tie","no tie") But i can't figure out how to tell it to show the latest date. Thanks for any input or hints on what to experiment with -- liptonbn ---------------------------------------------------------------...

Sort incoming mail for different users
Hello ... I just set up Outlook 2002 to receive email for various members of my family. But all emails go into one inbox. How do I set different inboxes/outboxes for each member of my family? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! Kevin. You can use rules to do this, presuming you're checking different mail accounts and not just having all mail forwarded to a single account. Kevin wrote: > Hello ... > > I just set up Outlook 2002 to receive email for various > members of my family. > > But all emails go into one inbox. How do I set different > inb...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

RE-Enabled Acconts
OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their access back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had waited 1 hour... What is happening? Carl it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uib71bezGHA....

Opening new instances of Excel
If I open multiple xls files, they're all in the same window. How can I open multiple windows so I can have them side-by-side to see information on two or more sheets simultaneously? Thanks, Bobbi You could tile them in that window, Windows>Arrange... -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Bobbi" <bobbi@example.invalid> wrote in message news:ud2aiB8sHHA.1728@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > If I open multiple xls files, they're all in the same window. How can I > open multiple windows so I can have the...

Blank Mail
Hi All, If i try to move my mail from inbox to my persional folder all the data gets bland only i am able to view the attachements the boyd of the mail will become blank what may be the problem TIN ...

Can you Mail-Enable/Disable Users by OU?
I was wondering if there was a way to mail-enable/disable users by OU or group in Exchange 2000? I have one 2000 domain with 800 or so users, but I only want 100 of them to have mailboxes. I know when you install Exchange it asks you which users you want to mail-enable. But I was wondering if there was a way to maintain this after the fact, say by saying everyone in a particular OU has a mailbox. Also, are there any security measure that I should take with regards to securing the Exchange server to the ~700 users who don't have mailboxes and should have any access to the Exchange serve...

E-mail in Excel
I started to send a worksheet as e-mail through Excel. The To/From/Subject Outlook header appeared in Excel. Now I can't get rid of it in that workbook (I saved the workbook prior to sending e-mail). Header is not in other spreadsheets, so it's somehow tied to this one. Other users on our network can open it on their workstations without the header. Help! Hi Sandra Click on the Mail button again in the standard toolbar and save the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Sandra Timm" <Sandra Timm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Forwarding ALL mail (even internal mail) to the mailgatway
Hi, can i get all mail sent by my users, external AND internal mail, to be passed on to my mailgateway? (there is a very good reason for this but i think by the time id explained it you guys would have gotten bored!) can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks Gary Norwood first of all I supose you use exchange so for mail that needs to go to an external adress the most simple would be to us an smtp connector and forward to smtp server instead of dns delivery. I'm not behind a server right now so I do this out of memory but it will point you in the right direction. go to ...

deliver IMAP mail to personal folders
Okay, I'm using outlook 2002 to check my mail on an IMAP server. All this mail is delivered to the inbox under my IMAP folders. Is there any way to get all that mail to go to the inbox in my personal folders? Just set up a rule within Outlook to move it there. "Mike Doss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a7801c3c092$44740c00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Okay, I'm using outlook 2002 to check my mail on an IMAP > server. All this mail is delivered to the inbox under my > IMAP folders. Is there any way to get all that mail to go > to t...