How to eliminate/avoid double messages?

Hello,

I have 3 SMTP email account configured on my outlook 2002, each of
them corresponding to a different server, yet I get the same messages
from one of these servers downloaded several times (usually 2 times,
sometimes even 6-7 times) to my outlook inbox.

Can anyone assist me to establish what is causing the multiple
download, to advise how to proceed to eliminate the multiple messages
from each of my local boxes and eventually how to configure my outlook
in such a way that it will simply download the same message only once?

Thanks,

Luca
0
lucameyer (2)

See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404
helps.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"Luca" <lucameyer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have 3 SMTP email account configured on my outlook 2002, each of
> them corresponding to a different server, yet I get the same messages
> from one of these servers downloaded several times (usually 2 times,
> sometimes even 6-7 times) to my outlook inbox.
>
> Can anyone assist me to establish what is causing the multiple
> download, to advise how to proceed to eliminate the multiple messages
> from each of my local boxes and eventually how to configure my outlook
> in such a way that it will simply download the same message only once?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Luca

0
stephenson (1246)
8/12/2003 2:22:38 AM
Thanks Jeff,

Unfortunately it does not work. Indeed, I have got the following
settings:

account 1: pop3=mail.server1.com, smtp=mail.server1.com
account 2: pop3=mail.server2.com, smtp=mail.server1.com
account 3: pop3=mail.server3.com, smtp=mail.server1.com

That is, I am working with 3 different pop3 servers. What I believe is
that the mail server does not erase immediately after downloading the
messages, could it be possible? I have checked on the mail.server1.com
online settings but I cannot find a function that allows me to tell
the server to erase/maintain copy of the downloaded messages...

Luca

"Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<ecR6SiHYDHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404
> helps.
>
> --
> Jeff Stephenson
> Outlook Development
>

> "Luca" <lucameyer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have 3 SMTP email account configured on my outlook 2002, each of
> > them corresponding to a different server, yet I get the same messages
> > from one of these servers downloaded several times (usually 2 times,
> > sometimes even 6-7 times) to my outlook inbox.
> >
> > Can anyone assist me to establish what is causing the multiple
> > download, to advise how to proceed to eliminate the multiple messages
> > from each of my local boxes and eventually how to configure my outlook
> > in such a way that it will simply download the same message only once?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Luca
0
lucameyer (2)
8/12/2003 9:21:12 AM
The "leave-on-server" settings are on the Advanced tab of the account dialog
(click "More Settings...").  These should not affect whether you get
duplicate messages, however, as Outlook *should* keep track of what it has
downloaded.  Could you turn on diagnostic logging (see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post
the OPMLog.log file after several send/receives in which you get duplicates?

--

> Thanks Jeff,
>
> Unfortunately it does not work. Indeed, I have got the following
> settings:
>
> account 1: pop3=mail.server1.com, smtp=mail.server1.com
> account 2: pop3=mail.server2.com, smtp=mail.server1.com
> account 3: pop3=mail.server3.com, smtp=mail.server1.com
>
> That is, I am working with 3 different pop3 servers. What I believe is
> that the mail server does not erase immediately after downloading the
> messages, could it be possible? I have checked on the mail.server1.com
> online settings but I cannot find a function that allows me to tell
> the server to erase/maintain copy of the downloaded messages...
>
> Luca
>

> "Jeff Stephenson [MSFT]" <stephenson@online.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:<ecR6SiHYDHA.2632@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> > See if http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q284404
> > helps.
> >
> > --
> > Jeff Stephenson
> > Outlook Development
rights

> > "Luca" <lucameyer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have 3 SMTP email account configured on my outlook 2002, each of
> > > them corresponding to a different server, yet I get the same messages
> > > from one of these servers downloaded several times (usually 2 times,
> > > sometimes even 6-7 times) to my outlook inbox.
> > >
> > > Can anyone assist me to establish what is causing the multiple
> > > download, to advise how to proceed to eliminate the multiple messages
> > > from each of my local boxes and eventually how to configure my outlook
> > > in such a way that it will simply download the same message only once?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Luca

0
stephenson (1246)

Eliminate unused columns
I have a table of columns of data per week, which I convert to a table of columns of data per month. This leaves 3 or 4 blank columns between the months. Is there a simple way to consolidate the month columns into a contiguous region, eliminating the unused columns between the month columns? Or... is there a smarter way to do the conversion than sum across an fill down? One approach is to use a macro: if your empty columns are completely empty you could use this macro. Hit Alt-F11, Click Insert/Module (check the project window to make sure your workbook is the active project before...

New Email Message
In using Outlook 2007 when I start up a new email message the curser defaults to the message body and not the TO: email box. How can I change this. Thanks Could be a forms problem, try the following: To clean up the forms cache. To do so, follow these steps: 1. On the Tools menu, click Options. 2. Click the Other tab, and then click Advanced Options. 3. Click Custom Forms. 4. Click Manage Forms. 5. Click Clear Cache. 6. Close all open windows, and then restart Outlook. If the above does not work, try the following. Deleting the Forms Cache File: The F...

Export CRM 3.0 to Excel double records
Some of our users encounter a strange thing when doing an export of records from MS CRM 3.0 to MS Excel. When they export the results of an advanced search, in MS Excel some records are double and others are missing. On screen in MS CRM 3.0 the result is perfect. The strange thing is that is doesn't happen each time. Has anyone encountered the same problem and found a solution? Can anyone help me? "Sandra" wrote: > Some of our users encounter a strange thing when doing an export of records > from MS CRM 3.0 to MS Excel. > When they export the results of an advance...

Wrong Codepage for replies and forwarded messages
Hello, I have a problem with proper display of messages that were forwarded or replied. During forward or reply, Outlook often changes the codepage to Unicode (UTF-8) of the outcoming message. After that the message is wrongly displayed on Outlook 2003 or Outlook 2007 mail client. I have to manualy change the charset for each message. How could i fix it? Thanks a lot for help! ...

Date Elimination
I have a worksheet with mainly dates in column A in the format of '25 Aug 2008'. Is it possible with a macro or similar to delete lines beyond a certain date (2 years hence)? Basically, I'm not interested in data more than 2 years old. This would eliminate a lot of data and make for a more viewable worksheet. try this Sub del_date() ActiveCell.Range("A1").Select Do Until ActiveCell.Value =3D "" dt =3D Date - 730 If ActiveCell.Value <=3D dt Then ActiveCell.ClearContents ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select Else ActiveCell.Offset(1, 0).Select End If Loop End ...

Canadians: Avoid MS Money 2004!! It's crap!
I just wasted $50 on MS Money 2004 Canadian version. It has absolutely no support for RRSPs, yet it claims to be customized for Canadians. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!! I have attempted to get a refund from Future Shop but they won't take it back because the CD has been opened. This is selling merchandise under false pretenses. If a financial application is supposed to be "Canadianized" and yet does not support or recognize a basic RRSP, it's sub-standard. A few years ago I had Quicken's Canadian version and had no problem with it. I'm going back to it. I'm...

Sending messages in OUtlook #2
When I an replying to a message and click on "send" the messages goes to my outbox with a "time sent" of "none", and then does not get sent. when I click on "send and receive". I can send it only when I "forward" the message and put my reply in. What is going wrong? How do I solve the problem? ...

double side report print
I have a report to print out on double side print, but it comes flip on the back, any way from MS access to configure the back side printing orientations? Your information is great appreciated, ...

Email message NDR's
Since we have migrated to Exchange 2003 and removed our Exchange 5.5 server we have been getting NDR messages such as: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Again Sent: 4/9/2004 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: thinkfastest@earthlink.net on 4/9/2004 2:06 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66) ...

eliminating duplicates
I need to elimnate duplicates the following script. I believe what is creating the duplicates is the provcont table, there are different provcont ids for each record. Thanks in advance. SELECT PROVCONT.C_FAX, PROVIDER.NAME, PROVIDER.PROV_PATH, PROVIDER.PROV_ID, PROVSTAT.STATUS, PSTATUS.DESCRIPT, PROVCONT.CONTAC_ID FROM PROVCONT INNER JOIN PROVIDER ON PROVCONT.PROV_ID = PROVIDER.PROV_ID INNER JOIN PROVSTAT ON PROVIDER.PROV_ID = PROVSTAT.PROV_ID INNER JOIN PSTATUS ON PROVSTAT.STATUS = PSTATUS.STATUS WHERE (PROVIDER.PROV_PATH = 2) AND ...

eliminate duplicates
I have a table with 7 different columns of team members on different teams. I need a count of all team members. How do I query seven different columns and eliminate dups? You've discovered yet another problem with denormalized tables. If you have 7 different columns, each containing the same basic information, you have a repeating group. If you can't go back and redesign your tables, the easiest approach would be to create a UNION query that normalizes the data so that it's in only 1 column: SELECT Member1 AS Member FROM MyTable UNION SELECT Member2 AS Member FROM MyTabl...

Cannot delete one message in Windows Mail
A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be deleted ? On Wed, 27 Feb 2008 13:43:18 +0100, John Kirby wrote: > A message fron Sen Feinstein to an individual copied to me can not be > deleted ? You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows version number in the message. -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail ...

Error message #77
I get following Outlook error message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? "If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose 'No'. [Options Yes, No, Help] Never got this until I installed Adobe Acrobat 6, Standard. Adobe Tech says they can solve problem but will cost $39 on my nickel (no toll-free phones to Adobe Tech). They say MS problem but cannot find fix. Anybody out there know how to fix this? Thanks. Emmett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get follow...

Error Messages
i have a cell that draws information from the sheets that have not been filled in yet and i recive #N/A i would like to recive nothing in that cell. =SUM(Q39*144/V39) In a nother sell i recive #DIV/0! The formula is =((0.109136*(Q39^1.9))/R39)^(1/5.02) if the imformation is not avalible would like it blank any help with this would be great Use ISERROR formula within IF eg. =IF(ISERROR(B1/C1),"",B1/C1) general forms is =IF(ISERROR(your formula),"Result if formula gives error",your formula) "msao" wrote: > i have a cell that draws inform...

Undeliverable message!
I have one user that is recieving this following message only from one person all other e-mails that she sends semm fine except for this particular person: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: amsnitow@igc.org on 9/22/2004 10:39 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <mailsvr.eef.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)> ...

eliminate message from append query to eliminate duplicate record.
Create a new query in design view. Add the two tables for which you wish to compare. When you see the two tables in the design view of the query click on one of your 2 join fields and drag to the corresponding join field in the other table (a line should appear) then double click on fields to add them to the query. For your comparison field Your going to have to explain how you want to compare the two fields. What type of field is in table B, and what kind of comparison do you want to do? You could start with something simple like entering "ComparisonField:Iif(tableA.field1=tableB.field2,...

changing default from double to single space
In the message area, after typing a sentance, I hit "enter'. After this, the curser jumps double space. How do I change the default, so that everytime I hit enter, the curser moves single space? "larry55" <larry55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:567BBAC8-1E34-4A5B-A50D-92891E8939D5@microsoft.com... > In the message area, after typing a sentance, I hit "enter'. After this, the > curser jumps double space. How do I change the default, so that everytime I > hit enter, the curser moves single space? You haven't given...

Find Message in Multiple Queues?
Does anyone know of an easy way (tool\utility or just something I am missing) to find a message across multiple queues at once? We recently had a user try to send out a 0.5MB email to 3000 "sales leads" (yes, that's 1.5GB total) and it brought our Internet bandwidth to its knees. I had to disable out-bound email, and the delete the message manualy from nearly 2900 queues. It would have been really nice if I could have done a "Find Message" accross multiple queues, rather than one queue at a time. Thanks, Just check the queue folder under mailroot\vsi 1 on you...

Phantom outbox message
I have no messages in my outbox folder, but when sending and receiving emails, outlook always tries to send 1 or 1. If I do have one email waiting then it is sending 1 of 2. There may have been an email that was deleted, unsent. But how to I get rid of this phantom email? Outlook 2003 Sending to an SMTP mailserver Thanks http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/delete_rr.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, jingle ...

Sending Messages within an Messagehandler Function
Hi everybody. I am doing the following: void CADlg::OnAutomatic() // called by the message handler { while(1) // it isn't an endless loop but it takes some time { // do something ... ((CEdit*)GetDlgItem (IDC_SUT_NUMBER))->SetReadOnly(TRUE); while((m_connectionStatus!=CONNECT_SUT || flow.GetMsgOut(0)!=0) && !m_StopAutotest ) { int breakOut=0; while(::PeekMessage (&message,NULL,0,0,PM_REMOVE) && breakOut++<200) { // enable message communication ::TranslateMessage(&...

eliminating hyper links
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel How do I get word not to link when I make reference (footnote in a book) preceded by http: etc? Daniel_Barnett@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel > How do I get word not to link when I make reference (footnote in a book) > preceded by http: etc? From Word > Preferences choose the AutoCorrect button. Click the AutoFormat as you Type tab. Uncheck Internet and network paths and hyperlinks Click OK There's more about this on the fo...

Outlook Express Error Message 0x800CCC0F
I get a very similar message ... "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop- server.cinci.rr.com', Server: 'pop-server.cinci.rr.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" Any ideas?? ...

How to avoid repeated code
Hi, funny subject, but here's the explanation. I'm using the same set of attributes for properties of different classes. Here's an excerpt of the code: ################################################ public class QSM_Algorythm������������ ��� {���// The following code is repeated in a different class. // all the types inherit QSM_Algorythm_Base ������� [XmlArrayItem(("Command"),� typeof(BCCommand))] ������� [XmlArrayItem(("Loop"),���� typeof(QSM_Loop))] ������� [XmlArrayItem(("If"),������ typeof(QSM_If))] ������� [XmlArrayI...

Getting rid of the location of the messages change message?
I'm currently running Outlook XP and Exchange 5.5. I created mandatory user profiles for the end users. Basically their desktop and all their settings are replaced with a generic one every time they reboot. They click on an outlook profile every time they log in from the mandatory users profile. When they click on the outlook profile file (outlook.prf), they will get a message every time saying " The location messages are delivered to has changed for this user profile. To complete this operation, you may need to copy the contents of the old Outlook folders to the new Outlook folde...

Can file arrival trigger message to start app. program??
Hi, I've debated where to post this and have decided to start here. I didn't see a "general discussions" group. If there's a better group - let me know. The OS is Windows Server 2003 latest packs. The apps are written in VC++. Shortly the will undergo the "conversion" to .NET 2005 from VS6. Future apps may be written in C#. At this point I am thinking conceptually, not exact technical, i.e is this even possible? The question: Is there a way for a file's arrival on a drive share to trigger a message to another server to start up an application to ...