How to display Contact Addresses in Last Name orderInside the Ad B

I am currently using Outlook 2000 on a MS Exchange server. I have added the
Contact folder to the "Outlook Address Book" of the Exchange Address Book (it
includes other company lists). When I select an e-mail address from the
company address lists, the lists are displayed last name first name. When I
select an address from the contact list they are displayed first name last
name. I would like the contact list to be displayed as Last name, first name.
Any suggestions?

I have look at the propoerties of the outlook address book and I have the
"File As" selected for the "Show names By"
0
Dennis (299)

How are the names filed in the contact folder? See 3rd item:
http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2004/up041014.htm#Q

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Dennis" <Dennis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am currently using Outlook 2000 on a MS Exchange server. I have added the
> Contact folder to the "Outlook Address Book" of the Exchange Address Book
> (it
> includes other company lists). When I select an e-mail address from the
> company address lists, the lists are displayed last name first name. When
> select an address from the contact list they are displayed first name last
> name. I would like the contact list to be displayed as Last name, first
> name.
> Any suggestions?
>
> I have look at the propoerties of the outlook address book and I have the
> "File As" selected for the "Show names By"

0
dianenws (1904)

Comparing first and last names in two lists #5

Search within folder name using VBA
Hello, I have a folder structure in Windows Explorer, every folder has its own customer number. The user should be able to type a substring of a customers number in an Access form and I want search within the folder names and return the folder paths. How can I search within the folder names?? i found many articles about searching files but none of folder names. I'm very happy about every suggestion. Thank you, Walter ...

Mail Merge adding attachments
Hi all, I would like to know if there is any way to do a mail merge by email adding attachments to the email message. I've tried adding the attachments as objects inside the Word merge document, but it doesn't work. Could anybody help me with this? Thank you very much. M´┐Żnica ...

pop-up to display richtext, table and graph
Hi, I need to add a few pop-up windows to a single doc application. The pop-ups will serve as reports, which will include richtext, table and graph. Don't need be editable, but requited to be printed out. Wondering which part of MFC can make this work easier. Any help would be appreciated. rich "rich" <rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD83BEC1-BFD6-40F8-90C7-D6EDA9153076@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I need to add a few pop-up windows to a single doc application. The pop-ups > will serve as reports, which will include richtext, table ...

empty display in place of 0.0 ... possible?
Someone here was kind enough to provide a formula which converts kg in one column to lbs in another. Is it possible where there is no kg value, that the lb value instead of displaying 0.0, displays an empty cell? Thanks, Dave Horne Excel 2007 One way is to apply conditional formatting to the cell, such that if the cell value is zero then the foreground colour is set to white (so it appears blank). Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 7, 10:39=A0am, "Dave Horne" <daveho...@home.nl> wrote: > Someone here was kind enough to provide a formula which converts kg in on= e > co...

Domain Controller Names Only
I want to output the list of domain controllers names ONLY to a word document, how can we achieve this? Get-ADDomainController cmdlet provides lot of information of which i am only intrested in name attribute, how i can limit what attributes needs to be included in the output? Hi Kate, Lots of different ways to do that, this should get you started: Get-ADDomainController | Select-Object Name Get-ADDomainController | Format-List Name Get-ADDomainController | Format-Table Name Get-ADDomainController | %{ $_.Name } Which is most appropriate depends on the format you&...

Outlook 2003 setup; Calender transfered but can't get contacts
Help. Have tried everything I could think of and find in the help files. New Machine: Outlook 2003 Old Machine: Outlook 2000 Copied .pst file to Zip disk Put zip in new machine and tried importing. The calender came across OK - Actually ended up with two identical One called "Calender", the other "calender in personal folders: I Only need one of these. Contacts: After numerous tries, I deleted all contacts on new machine, created one phony entry, and tried importing again. As before, the sub-folders show up, but even after checking each on...

Displaying/Using Unit Accounts in FRx 6.7
I have a client that wants to calculate Revenue/Expenses/Profit by number of employees. We created departmental unit accounts to accumulate the employee count numbers in Dynamics GP 10. Now we are trying to use them in an FRx Column and can't figure out how. FRx Help talks about Non-financial Book Codes but doesn't explain how to set one up. I can put a unit account on a Row, but I ca't figure out how to use that in a calculation. Thanks, Kim. Let's say you have two rows. Row 100 has a revenue account -- 4100 Row 200 has a unit account -- 9800 You would add row 300...

How to get sender's Address in Visual C++ 6.0
I can use outlook type library to write a VC++ programe to get some information of outlook,such as mail's subject,time,but I don't know how to get the mail's sender's address,I mean I don't know which class and fonction I should use. -- Bob ...

Automatically adding a new VM to protection
DPM users, A lot of customers on newsgroup have asked us for a way to automatically add any new VMs in their environment, for protection in their existing protection groups. Following is a blog post that contains a script and explains how to use it as well. Please use the same to simplify the process of protecting your virtualized environment. http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2009/12/03/hyper-v-protection-with-dpm-2010-beta-how-to-automatically-protect-new-virtual-machines.aspx Thanks, --Angad. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and con...

Displaying File Path
In the Tip of the Hour entitled: "Inserting the path where the Workbook is saved to the title bar or the status bar using VBA in Microsoft Excel", the indicated Macro works well. However, it is required to "Insert the macro into every workbook that you need to view the path." Anybody knows a way to have this Macro activated for any workbook that is opened? If this is possible through the Personal.xls, how to insert this Macro? Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Amr, You don't show the macro, but I assume it is a BeforePrint event macro. I...

Name Box and Formula Bar
Somehow, I LOST my name box and formula bar on all my Excel worksheets; I am not sure how that happened. I fixed it via SYSTEM RESTORE...i.e. no serious problems!! QUESTION: How do I PURPOSELY delete the formula bar and name box so that my new view of my worksheets are such? Thank you. F. Lawrence Kulchar F. Lawrence Kulchar Tools>Options...>View uncheck 'Formula Bar' -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "FLKULCHAR" <FLKULCHAR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F16453FC-996...

How do I connect to a sql server over an IP address?
Hi -- I am not too technical so just need a plain laymen's answer - or point me in a direction. I use ADO connections within Excel VBA to connect to local sql servers in order to access information; however, it seems that it is difficult to access remote servers through ado connections that are accessible through a web browser (vpn connections excluded). I am assuming this is because the web browser is a more secure interface with the sql server being accessed (ie, this security was set-up purposely by the db or web developer). I have noticed that Crystal Reports can ...

Windows Mail Contacts 12-28-09
How can I import from my Yahoo email account the contacts to Window Mail contacts? -- JKW48383 log on to your Yahoo webmail. click on Contacts click on Tools - Export select the Yahoo CSV: export now save the file. In Windows Mail, File - Import - Windows Contacts select CSV click on Import find the file you saved previously -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "JKW48383" <JKW48383@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:743B15B7-C659-4E6E-B7FD-2BF8B087598B@microsoft.com... > ...

backup contacts groups
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable any way to backup/export the groups from the contacts. export CVS does not save the groups lists. mikeyshd ------=_NextPart_000_02DD_01CB2001.7BAF6720 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META content=3Dtext...

Is it possible to open popup with contact information when phone r
Microsoft has partnered with Avaya on something like this. You would need to have an Avaya VoIP phone setup. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com "komal" <komal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57B1C259-59E5-42B5-B2ED-CBB6208DAFD1@microsoft.com... > ...

Merging Contacts together
Hi there I have two contacts folders with about 1000 entries in each. There are many duplicates in the two folders and I want to merge them all into one. My problem is that when you merge the two folders Outlook will not copy the notes from one to the other. Is there any way around this? I am running Windows XP Pro with Office 2003. Cheers Rob Try exporting only one of the contacts folder using Import and export wizard and again import it to the second contacts folder. Regards, Mithesh "Polecam Rob" wrote: > Hi there > > I have two contacts folders with about 10...

How do I take some of my Excel fields and make address labels?
I have Win 2000 and I have a membership in an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to convert some of these fields into address labels? Do I need to convert this file into another format (Access, Word, etc)? If so, which is the easiest means? By the way, my membership is over 400 names long, so anything that streamlines this project is welcomed. Thanks. Hi, Carmen. Use Mail merge. http://www.officearticles.com/word/mail_merge_labels_in_microsoft_word.htm ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Carmen" <Carmen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1E91...

How to create list of (unique) street names ?
We want a list of all the streets in our data base. How can we create a list of individual street names in our data base? We do not want the name of a street to show more than once on the list... So I guess we want to do a query to find 'unique' or 'individual' street names. (Or do we need a report built on a query?) Thanks for any help. Assuming you have a field named Street in Table1: 1. Create a query using Table1. 2. Drag the Street field into the query grid. 3. Open the Properties box. Looking at the properties of the query (not of a field), set Unique Values t...

how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or checked by coding ?
> > how can I know that the option of "Obtain DNS server address > > automatically" in Internet Protocol(TCP\IP) property have be set or > > checked by coding ? I need to judge it and change "Obtain DNS server > > address > > automatically" to "Use the following DNS server addresses"; > > Are there any api or other methods to get it? AliR (VC++ MVP) wrote: > You can call GetAdaptersInfo(...). The DhcpEnabled member of > IP_ADAPTER_INFO tells you if DHCP is enabled or not. > AliR. AliR Thank your reply.but if D...

How to stop budgeted bills from automatically being added to regis
When I try to balance my checking account, it shows items that appear to be from my budget and tries to match them with the actual expenditure, but they never are close. Usually they are 2 months apart. When I click on the item to open it and revise, it also defaults to the budgeted data, rather than the actual data. Is there a way to turn off budgets so they don't appear in my check book register at all? In microsoft.public.money, Indiana Jones <Indiana Jones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When I try to balance my checking account, it shows items that appear to be ...

Importing E-mail addresses
Hi, How do I go about importing my Eudora 8 e-mail addresses into WLM? Thanks, Jim -- WLM supports imports from a .WAB file, .VCD file or comma separated file. You would need Eudora to export one of these formats then import into the address book in WLM. "James" wrote: > > Hi, How do I go about importing my Eudora 8 e-mail addresses into WLM? > Thanks, Jim > -- > > . > ...

auto complete
Anyone know how to make Outlook "auto-complete" the name when I send an email? I used to be able to type just someone's first name, tab to the subject line and the guy's email address would magically appear on the "To" line. That's how it used to be before I had to flatten my machine. Now, I can't get it back to how it used to be. atp That's not autocomplete. That's autoresolution. Post your Outlook version and how you've configured your Outlook Address Book. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "atp" <anonymous@discussions.micros...

How to stop money from adding duplicate entries?
Money seems to do this a number of places. The easiest example is when I enter an invoice, it will automatically add a new transaction to my checking account. I'd rather money not add any transactions anywhere, especially to accounts that are downloaded. Is there a way to just globally turn this "feature" off? -Max Money 2005 Business Also cannot seem to mark an invoice as paid WITHOUT adding a duplicate entry to an account. Anyway to get around this nonsense? This is why I hate using these Money/Tax programs! -Max "Max" <nospam@notvalid.com> wrote i...