How to disable using Word to open link in messages

Everytimes I click on links in messages, it uses MS word
to open the link.

How can I change it back to using IE to open the link ?

Thank you very much!

HCH
0
anonymous (74717)

Control Panel - internet options, programs. Set IE as default browser.

HCH wrote:
> Everytimes I click on links in messages, it uses MS word
> to open the link.
>
> How can I change it back to using IE to open the link ?
>
> Thank you very much!
>
> HCH

0
lanwench (7567)
2/4/2004 2:39:20 AM
Thx~

It doesnt work after IE is set as default browser. Any other idea?

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
<lanwench@heybuddy.donotsendme.unsolicitedmail.atyahoo.com> �b�l��
news:%23GFfVis6DHA.2720@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl �����g...
> Control Panel - internet options, programs. Set IE as default browser.
>
> HCH wrote:
> > Everytimes I click on links in messages, it uses MS word
> > to open the link.
> >
> > How can I change it back to using IE to open the link ?
> >
> > Thank you very much!
> >
> > HCH

0
news8404 (16)

view network link usage
how view server network link utilisation per client or computer/IP on a workgroup, windows 2003? I need to track who is using most of the bandwith on the server. thanks. ...

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

Switching between open workbooks
Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? Many thanks. After serious thinking Frank Kirk wrote : > Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? > Many thanks. Ctrl+Tab -- Garry Free usenet access at http://www.eternal-september.org ClassicVB Users Regroup! comp.lang.basic.visual.misc On Mon, 09 May 2011 12:38:27 -0400, Frank Kirk wrote: > > Is there a keystroke combination for switching between open workbooks? > Many thanks. Indeed there is: Ctrl-F6. It works in AT LEAST Excel 2003, 2007, and 2010. ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

Message Box 02-08-10
Hi Apologies, forgot to add subject, so not sure if it will be displayed, posting again Is it possible to set a message box with customs button texts? If possible how? When a button called Close is pressed, I want the user to be able to select to close just the Database or the Database and Application? Many thanks I showed how in http://www.vb123.com/kb/200505_ds_msg.htm -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Alex Hammerstein" <aph@misnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:C7960CEF.1562B%aph@misne...

Outlook
Whe never I forward a message that I have received my original message is deleted from my Inbox. Any ideas please ? Thanks, Kevin What version of Outlook and do you have any views set on your folder? What have you set for the behavior of Outlook once you have replied or forwarded mail? Tools->options->email options. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no ...

Configure for Open Relay: 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@somewhere.com
Hi We need to send mail from our SQL Server using an extended stored procedure. We keep getting the response 550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@somewhere.com Is there any way around this except configuring the server for Open Relay? If not how do I do this? Thanks B Ben, If you are sending messages to someone on the Internet you will HAVE to open relay. Sending to local users should not be a problem. I would suggest that you use another machine, aside from your Exchange server, install MS SMTP on it and then open relay on that for the IP address of your SQL server. This way you...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

To send txt messages
I'm using 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 as my mail server. Is it possible to configure these 2 servers (in coordination ofcourse with Telco who provides SMS service) in such a way I can send txt messages to our client. Or there's still other software package (from Microsoft) I need to install to have this kind of facility. Is this possible? Please help? Ask you Telco if they can provide you with e-mail to SMS gateway. Ask for requirments of such service\software\device. LIS wrote: > I'm using 2003 Server and Exchange 2003 as my mail server. Is it possible to > configur...

analysing data from alternate columns using the countif function
I want to analyse data from alternate columns using the countif function and even though clicking in the formula bar shows exactly the columns I want, the analysis picks up the columns in between too. I've solved it for the moment by changing the codes for the second data set but that seems clumsy and excel looks as though it should do the job. Any hints please? Juniper wrote: > I want to analyse data from alternate columns using the countif function and > even though clicking in the formula bar shows exactly the columns I want, the > analysis picks up the columns in betwe...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Using 2 Vlookups to return a result
I have an array of data that I need to first match a UPC number from then use a corresponding date to retrieve a result from 4 rows over. On one page will have in the first column the UPC and the second colum the date that I want to match. In the 3rd column I need the resul from the data array residing in a different tab or workbook. The issu is that they dont have an intersecting point, the lookups are linear -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi not really sure what you're trying to achieve. You may post some example rows of data (plain text - no attachments please) an...

Start-up message
I have message from my removed software every time I start Outlook: The add-in: C:\Program Files\Psion\PsiWin\pwolplug.dll could not be installed or loaded ... Where is this info hidding for Outlook? How it could be removed? Thanks! ...

how to give cell reference using Combo Boxes in Excel?
Hi, is it possible to have Combo Boxes in cells in Excel? How could I link a particular cell in excel with the selected value from the combobox. Kindly help me in this regard. Joseph J Hi Joseph See http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html for several approaches on this. HTH. Best wishes Harald "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:04BEC1FF-38D0-4A01-B0D4-EA97799D2426@microsoft.com... > Hi, is it possible to have Combo Boxes in cells in Excel? > How could I link a particular cell in excel with the selected value from the > combobox....

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

Problems opening public folder items
I have a couple of users, recently migrated to Exchange 2003 (still mixed mode environment), who cannot open items that have been mailed to public folders. Items that have been posted to the folders open without a problem. In preview mode the first few lines of the posting are visible, but preview pane shows nothing. All public folders are replicated to the Exchange 2003 server. Client upgrades have made no difference (one now on Outlook 2003, one on XP). All other migrated users are fine. Exchange 2003 SP1 on W2k3. Any help gratefully received. ...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Using forms from internet
Hello, If i make a form, can i use it from internet? I mean, i will upload the access tables, querries and forms and will use them from any point via internet. Is it possible? Regards, ...

why is publisher automatically opening my word documents??
When I click on a Word document, it automatically opens in Publisher. What's up with that? Sounds like your file associations got screwed up. How to change file associations in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859 -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Jeff Rudolph" <Jeff Rudolph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F29CA0F-1CA9-4686-BA9A-8005841890F1@microsoft.com... > When I click on a Word document, it automatically opens in Publisher. > > What's u...

Display Bitmap using GDI+
Hi all, I have a MDI application in which I want to display bitmap in view ( Base class is CScrollView) with Scroll bar using GDI+, later I want to mark some part of the image. So plz tell me how I can draw a bitmap with Scroll bar. Thanks and Regards Rinu Use GetScrollCtrl to get scrollbar window and subclass window to intercepting message. in intercepted handler, process WM_PAINT with drawing bitmap image.. -- WebSite : Realization of Dream { imagine your dream} - http://rodream.net WebMail : rodream@naver.com "Rinu Gopalakrishna Pillai" wrote: > Hi all, ...

Marking a Message Private in Outlook 2003
I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you mark just a single one? Reset your private option in the tools menu to "Normal" and then you can choose for each new email in the options of this new email if it should be private. Best Regards Peter -- Peter Marchert [EDP-Service Marchert] Homepage: Http://Www.Marchert.De Excel- And Outlook Programming Stars schrieb: > I know you can mark all the messages you send as "private", but can you > mark just a single one? I believe using this feature only places a banner across the mes...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Embeded word problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0295_01CA6C35.CD237540 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0296_01CA6C35.CD237540" ------=_NextPart_001_0296_01CA6C35.CD237540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-2" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Embedded Word objects become distorted after editing it's content in a = reloaded Visio document. Steps to reproduce this behaviour : 1.. Open Visio 2007 version : (12.0.6423.1000) SP2 MSO = (12.0.6425.1000) 2.. Create New Drawing (M...

Using activex control in SDI application
Hi all, I have a problem using activex control in doc/view architecture. compiler is VC6 SP6. I created a simple SDI application and in the last step of MFC AppWizard, I selected the base class as CFormView. Now, in the project, I placed standard controls on the dialog, it worked fine. When on the same dialog, I placed an activex control ( MS ADO control and the MSHFlexGrid Control for database access and operations), the compiler gives errors with all the wrapper files that were added during activex control insertion into the project. Each wrapper file with .cpp extension has the same erro...

how to copy acces database field into word document
I' l be very glad if someone could help me to learn, how could i insert the copy of access field into word document. I look for information regarding posibility of diferent way of clasical insert merge fields into document. For example I saw the word document with access fields inserted, but each field was delimited with sqare brackets. Thank you in advance. I would urge you to take a look at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Specifically the 'Super Easy Word Merge.' about half way down the page. It is relatively simple to implement and works...