How to delete the RSS Feeds folder in Outlook

I have a new computer with Outlook 2007. Being newly retired I am doing all
my own computer setting up. Half the battle seems to be getting rid of all
the garbage they download that clutters up your computer. I am trying to get
totally rid of the RSS feeds which I simply don't want, but the option to
delete the folder is greyed out. Do I just have to live with this pollution?
0
brathmell (1)

You can't delete the default folders.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"brathmell" <brathmell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a new computer with Outlook 2007. Being newly retired I am doing
> all
> my own computer setting up. Half the battle seems to be getting rid of all
> the garbage they download that clutters up your computer. I am trying to
> get
> totally rid of the RSS feeds which I simply don't want, but the option to
> delete the folder is greyed out. Do I just have to live with this
> pollution?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/22/2008 2:43:30 AM
Why am I stuck with the RSS Feeds folder? I don't use it and don't like
losing all that room to the folders I don't need, like Junk Mail, Journal and
Notes. Now I am saddled with one MORE useless folder. I already lose WAY too
much viewing space from the Folder List, All Folders, and All Outlook Items
bars above my folders, as well as the block below the folder list (I think
Microsoft calls it a Navigation Pane, I call it a Pain that takes up useful
real screen estate). In fact, the newer the Outlook, the harder it is for me
to make it useful and readable. The first time I opened Outlook 2007, I
wondered how I was supposed to be able to see anything in my Inbox. All the
computer makers now have the resolution set to microscopic because there is
no other way to see everything in newer software windows. Apparently all the
software companies think the entire Windows world has lots of money to go out
and buy 20" or larger monitors.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> You can't delete the default folders.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "brathmell" <brathmell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a new computer with Outlook 2007. Being newly retired I am doing
> > all
> > my own computer setting up. Half the battle seems to be getting rid of all
> > the garbage they download that clutters up your computer. I am trying to
> > get
> > totally rid of the RSS feeds which I simply don't want, but the option to
> > delete the folder is greyed out. Do I just have to live with this
> > pollution?

0
SeanTnT (1)
9/3/2008 12:17:01 AM
My laptop has a 12.1" screen and I don't have a problem seeing my folders.
Did you slide the navigation buttons down?
http://www.xsolive.com/Outlook%20Screen%20shots/Forms/DispForm.aspx?ID=31

If you use group policy you can disable the RSS ability - but you'll need to
make a new PST if you don't want the RSS folders, you can't delete the
folder. Download the outlook adm file from the ORK.

"Sean TnT" <SeanTnT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Why am I stuck with the RSS Feeds folder? I don't use it and don't like
> losing all that room to the folders I don't need, like Junk Mail, Journal
> and
> Notes. Now I am saddled with one MORE useless folder. I already lose WAY
> too
> much viewing space from the Folder List, All Folders, and All Outlook
> Items
> bars above my folders, as well as the block below the folder list (I think
> Microsoft calls it a Navigation Pane, I call it a Pain that takes up
> useful
> real screen estate). In fact, the newer the Outlook, the harder it is for
> me
> to make it useful and readable. The first time I opened Outlook 2007, I
> wondered how I was supposed to be able to see anything in my Inbox. All
> the
> computer makers now have the resolution set to microscopic because there
> is
> no other way to see everything in newer software windows. Apparently all
> the
> software companies think the entire Windows world has lots of money to go
> out
> and buy 20" or larger monitors.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can't delete the default folders.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> your
>> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>>

>> "brathmell" <brathmell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a new computer with Outlook 2007. Being newly retired I am doing
>> > all
>> > my own computer setting up. Half the battle seems to be getting rid of
>> > all
>> > the garbage they download that clutters up your computer. I am trying
>> > get
>> > totally rid of the RSS feeds which I simply don't want, but the option
>> > delete the folder is greyed out. Do I just have to live with this
>> > pollution?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/3/2008 1:08:39 AM
"Sean TnT" <SeanTnT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Now I am saddled with one MORE useless folder. I already lose WAY too
> much viewing space from the Folder List, All Folders, and All Outlook
> Items
> bars above my folders, as well as the block below the folder list (I think
> Microsoft calls it a Navigation Pane, I call it a Pain that takes up
> useful
> real screen estate).

If you don't want to see the nav pane, turn it off.  Click View and uncheck
"Navigation Pane".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
9/3/2008 11:43:55 AM
Amen, what a complete waste of my precious screen space... I can't believe
this stuff clutters my personal folders... obviously Diane, you organize your
Outlook differently than Sean TnT and the default (could do without people
questioning that people really have the problem they are describing).  I
can't see all of my storage email folders because of all these useless
default folders I don't use and can't hide... why not let me hide them?

"Sean TnT" wrote:

> Why am I stuck with the RSS Feeds folder? I don't use it and don't like
> losing all that room to the folders I don't need, like Junk Mail, Journal and
> Notes. Now I am saddled with one MORE useless folder. I already lose WAY too
> much viewing space from the Folder List, All Folders, and All Outlook Items
> bars above my folders, as well as the block below the folder list (I think
> Microsoft calls it a Navigation Pane, I call it a Pain that takes up useful
> real screen estate). In fact, the newer the Outlook, the harder it is for me
> to make it useful and readable. The first time I opened Outlook 2007, I
> wondered how I was supposed to be able to see anything in my Inbox. All the
> computer makers now have the resolution set to microscopic because there is
> no other way to see everything in newer software windows. Apparently all the
> software companies think the entire Windows world has lots of money to go out
> and buy 20" or larger monitors.
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > You can't delete the default folders.
> >
> > --
> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >
> > Outlook Tips by email:
> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >
> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >
> > You can access this newsgroup by visiting
> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> > newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
> >

> > "brathmell" <brathmell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I have a new computer with Outlook 2007. Being newly retired I am doing
> > > all
> > > my own computer setting up. Half the battle seems to be getting rid of all
> > > the garbage they download that clutters up your computer. I am trying to
> > > get
> > > totally rid of the RSS feeds which I simply don't want, but the option to
> > > delete the folder is greyed out. Do I just have to live with this
> > > pollution?

0
Frogger (2)
9/7/2008 12:10:01 AM
you need to apply group policy before the pst is created to prevent their
creation.

The RSS folder takes up 1 line so its not wasting much space - other things
(like large buttons in the nav pane) waste a lot more.

--

"Frogger" <Frogger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Amen, what a complete waste of my precious screen space... I can't believe
> this stuff clutters my personal folders... obviously Diane, you organize
> your
> Outlook differently than Sean TnT and the default (could do without people
> questioning that people really have the problem they are describing).  I
> can't see all of my storage email folders because of all these useless
> default folders I don't use and can't hide... why not let me hide them?
>
> "Sean TnT" wrote:
>
>> Why am I stuck with the RSS Feeds folder? I don't use it and don't like
>> losing all that room to the folders I don't need, like Junk Mail, Journal
>> and
>> Notes. Now I am saddled with one MORE useless folder. I already lose WAY
>> too
>> much viewing space from the Folder List, All Folders, and All Outlook
>> Items
>> bars above my folders, as well as the block below the folder list (I
>> think
>> Microsoft calls it a Navigation Pane, I call it a Pain that takes up
>> useful
>> real screen estate). In fact, the newer the Outlook, the harder it is for
>> me
>> to make it useful and readable. The first time I opened Outlook 2007, I
>> wondered how I was supposed to be able to see anything in my Inbox. All
>> the
>> computer makers now have the resolution set to microscopic because there
>> is
>> no other way to see everything in newer software windows. Apparently all
>> the
>> software companies think the entire Windows world has lots of money to go
>> out
>> and buy 20" or larger monitors.
>>
>> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> > You can't delete the default folders.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> > Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
>> > Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
>> >
>> > Outlook Tips by email:
>> > dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
>> >
>> > EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
>> > EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>> >
>> > You can access this newsgroup by visiting
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point
>> > your
>> > newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>> >

>> > "brathmell" <brathmell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
outlookmvp (5838)
9/7/2008 1:11:24 AM
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> The RSS folder takes up 1 line so its not wasting much space - other things
> (like large buttons in the nav pane) waste a lot more.

Yeah, well that's one more of my OWN folders that I have to hide as a
subfolder.  I have 33 folders in Mail, for each of my business projects.  I
have to hide 11 of them to keep from constantly scrolling up and down the
Navigation Pain (spelling intentional).  I've already hidden all the useless
button bars (they duplicate the smaller versions at the bottom of the Pain).
I've already turned off the Favorite Folders (I use them all; none are
"Favorites").  I've already cancelled my subscription to a third-party junk
mail solution so I could get rid of their folder since Microsoft forced a
second folder on me for their packaged junk mail handler.

I have to regularly re-prioritize MY folders to keep the "Top 20" visible.
I routinely archive old client folders, which means if I need to find
anything I have to open the archive PSTs.

Beside the RSS Feeds, I still have the Search folders visible because
Microsoft thinks I should have them.  I don't need those search parameters
anyway, precisely because I have a properly organized folder system.

I somehow managed to get rid of RSS Feeds on my WinXP PC, but I just
installed Office 2007 on my Vista laptop and the folder is there, immovable.
How come I could remove it before, but not now?

Loretta Yeo
Actually, if you used search folders, you wouldn't need so many folders.
Outlook is not a file cabinet and shouldn't be organized as such - it’s a
database.

See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up080911.htm#1 to remove rss.

--

"LorettaYeo" <LorettaYeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>> The RSS folder takes up 1 line so its not wasting much space - other
>> things
>> (like large buttons in the nav pane) waste a lot more.
>>
> Yeah, well that's one more of my OWN folders that I have to hide as a
> subfolder.  I have 33 folders in Mail, for each of my business projects.
> have to hide 11 of them to keep from constantly scrolling up and down the
> Navigation Pain (spelling intentional).  I've already hidden all the
> useless
> button bars (they duplicate the smaller versions at the bottom of the
> Pain).
> I've already turned off the Favorite Folders (I use them all; none are
> "Favorites").  I've already cancelled my subscription to a third-party
> junk
> mail solution so I could get rid of their folder since Microsoft forced a
> second folder on me for their packaged junk mail handler.
>
> I have to regularly re-prioritize MY folders to keep the "Top 20" visible.
> I routinely archive old client folders, which means if I need to find
> anything I have to open the archive PSTs.
>
> Beside the RSS Feeds, I still have the Search folders visible because
> Microsoft thinks I should have them.  I don't need those search parameters
> anyway, precisely because I have a properly organized folder system.
>
> I somehow managed to get rid of RSS Feeds on my WinXP PC, but I just
> installed Office 2007 on my Vista laptop and the folder is there,
> immovable.
> How come I could remove it before, but not now?
>
> Loretta Yeo

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/7/2008 5:00:58 PM
"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Actually, if you used search folders, you wouldn't need so many folders.
> Outlook is not a file cabinet and shouldn't be organized as such - it’s a
> database.

Actually, if you were running a business like I am, you'd want to be able to
access all of the correspondence with your client in a single location,
without having to take the time to enter search criteria when you're on the
phone with the client.

What I should and shouldn't do with Outlook is not an MVP's place to say.

I do use Search if I'm trying to find that obscure one-of-a-kind message
that referenced a web site several months ago, or the long e-mail from Aunt
Tillie where she gave me her recipe for goulash.  But not when I'm dealing
with clients; it has to be faster than that.

And oh BTW, a data base does exactly the same thing a filing cabinet does.
But Outlook isn't Access either.
In message <9ED3865E-2F40-4FD8-AEC3-9CEDEC7E1F0C@microsoft.com>
LorettaYeo <LorettaYeo@discussions.microsoft.com> was claimed to have
wrote:

>"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Actually, if you used search folders, you wouldn't need so many folders.
>> Outlook is not a file cabinet and shouldn't be organized as such - it�s a
>> database.
>
>Actually, if you were running a business like I am, you'd want to be able to
>access all of the correspondence with your client in a single location,
>without having to take the time to enter search criteria when you're on the
>phone with the client.

That's an odd way to do business.  When I'm talking to a client about a
specific issue, I prefer to have all correspondence regarding that issue
in front of me, looking at the inquiry the client sent me last year is
probably a waste of time, looking at what action I'm taking on the
inquiry they made this morning is far more likely to be useful to the
current conversation.

>What I should and shouldn't do with Outlook is not an MVP's place to say.

Indeed, but once in a while, you may learn a tip or trick that will
improve your productivity.

>I do use Search if I'm trying to find that obscure one-of-a-kind message
>that referenced a web site several months ago, or the long e-mail from Aunt
>Tillie where she gave me her recipe for goulash.  But not when I'm dealing
>with clients; it has to be faster than that.
>
>And oh BTW, a data base does exactly the same thing a filing cabinet does.

No, it really doesn't.  The key difference is that a filing cabinet can
only be ordered, sorted (and filtered, by virtue of the sort order) in
one way, any other method requires manual intervention.

A database doesn't have that limitation, any indexed field can be used
as the filter key.  In the context of email, there is no right answer,
sometimes you're looking for past correspondence from the customer on
the phone, sometimes you're looking for all activities regarding a
specific request (which may involve internal communication, or other
vendors as well)

This is where the concept of search *folders* really shine, you don't
need to choose, or to manually file items, you can let the computer do
the work for you.

That being said, Outlook isn't a particularly strong implementation,
something like Goldmine really shows off how useful this can be.
Well, I *DO* run a successful business and I use Outlook and search folders
(and instant search). My "job" as an MVP is to help people work smarter, not
harder, and to make the most of the software.

Once a search folder is created, you don't need to do anything but look in
it. I can find things faster using search (and occasionally instant search)
than many people who file messages in dozens of folders. Then there are the
ones who forget where they made a folder and can only find the contents by
searching...

--

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Actually, if you used search folders, you wouldn't need so many folders.
>> Outlook is not a file cabinet and shouldn't be organized as such - it’s a
>> database.
>
> Actually, if you were running a business like I am, you'd want to be able
> access all of the correspondence with your client in a single location,
> without having to take the time to enter search criteria when you're on
> the
> phone with the client.
>
> What I should and shouldn't do with Outlook is not an MVP's place to say.
>
> I do use Search if I'm trying to find that obscure one-of-a-kind message
> that referenced a web site several months ago, or the long e-mail from
> Aunt
> Tillie where she gave me her recipe for goulash.  But not when I'm dealing
> with clients; it has to be faster than that.
>
> And oh BTW, a data base does exactly the same thing a filing cabinet does.
> But Outlook isn't Access either.

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Outlook Shutdown Addin
There are several messages about problems with Outlook exiting in this forum. So, try Outlook Shutdown Addin: http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/olshutdown/default.shtml -- Virtually yours, Alisher H. Abdurahmanov ...

Public folder Calendar info in GAL??
I have calendars setup in public folders. I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can just invite them as resources when creating meetings. How do I go about this? I cannot seem to find an easy way. Thanks in advance, -Bigfoot moe.ron Mail enable the public folder. Glen <bigfootmoeron@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1105023119.340227.113660@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > I have calendars setup in public folders. > I would like to have those calendars be listed in the GAL so people can > just invite them as resources when creating meetings. &...

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Cannot delete subreport

add news reader to Outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to add the newsreader button to the go menu in outlook 2003. Thanking you in advance David It's a known issue in Outlook 2003 where the News command disappears if Outlook is chosen as the default newsreader. Try the following -- it seems to work for many: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No bu...

Unable to automatic close Outlook
After installing CRM Outlook client on laptop it isn't possible to close pc. This funtionality closes all open programs and shut down computer. After CRM is installed Outlook needs to be closed manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

problem with outlook 2003
Hello all. im having a strange problem with outlook 2003. almost everytime i send email, or forwared them to people in my contacts list they get the mail empty. either the subject of the email is gone from the mail, and then when people try to open this email the computer gets stuck (it happend in different pcs with different versions of office on them from 2000 up to office 2003). the other problem is when the email reaches the people im mailing them (and the subject is not removed from it), then the email is recieved empty. all my attachments are gone from the email. its dosent matter...

Rule for Deleted Items

I can receive but cannot send messages using outlook 2003
Task 'POP3.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' "UJ" <UJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88595AE2-844E-4B15-ACE4-C283F972DBB6@microsoft.com... > > Task 'POP3.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed > out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to > re...

Outlook client buttons do not work
I have installed the Outlook client and the folder show up, the data displays, but the buttons on the Outlook toolbar (e.g. Track in CRM) do not do anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure I know where to look to try and find the resolution to this problem. Saira Saira, Try adding your crm site to the Intranet Trusted Sites in IE's Internet Options settings. Tools> Internet Options...> Internet Security> Local Intranet icon> Sites...> Advanced... Good luck, -Christian Hey i was having same problem in different way .Track in CRM was not ther...

outlook folders #4
I recently upgraded to outlook 2002 from 2000. I had a non standard folder underneath the Outlook Today tree with all my saved emails. After the upgrade it was missing. Can anyone help me find the folder? did you create a new pst to use? if so, search your drive for the old one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "dave in trouble" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Template connect to outlook 2007
Hi, I downloaded the template called "IT Team Workspace" from mircosoft website. Everything is working well. But I have a problem to connect the "Tasks" to MS outlook. In the default sharepoint page, i can choose "connect to outlook" at action tag. But i cannot find it at "IT Team Workspace" template. Can anyone tell me how i can do it on ""IT Team Workspace" template? Thank you. Budd By the way, i am using Sharepoint 3.0 and outlook 2007 "Budd" wrote: > Hi, > > I downloaded the template ...

Missing Inbox, Folders & Address Book
I recently had to have a new hard drive installed. all of my old data was placed on the new hard drive in a folder called OldData. When I bought the PC, it came with Microsoft Office XP preinstalled. But I was not able to find the disks, so I aquired and installed microsoft Office XP 2003. I have two problems: 1) I don't know where to look to find my old inbox, folders, Address Book and anything else associated with my old Outlook environment. I also need to find my wife's data as well. She uses a separate identity. 2) Once I know where it is, I need to find out where to put it in o...

Outlook across firewall #5
We are a small franchise and access our email using Outlook 2000. The head office has the Exchange server that hosts our email across a VPN using a Raptor firewall. 2 out of 6 or our Windows 2000 SP3 clients on the same network are having problems when they try to access their email for a second time. The error they get is "Unable to access Exchange Server". The only way to access the Exchange server again is to restart Windows2000. Then it will fail with the same error if they click on the Send/Receive a second time. Thanks in advance. ...

auto filing in public folder
Hi all exchange professionals, I'm using exchange 2003 + outlook 2003. I have created a public folder such as "Outgoing mail" to store all outgoing email. I want to know whether there is method in exchange or third party software can create rules that it can auto filing those email. I mean it can scan the outgoing email address e.g. abc@xyz.com. then automically create a folder under "Outgoing mail" named "xyz.com" and move the mail to that folder. Next time, when there is mail to xyz.com, it will move it to "xyz.com" folder automically. If i...

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Delete macros

Automatically send email message when folder contents have changed.
Hoping someone can help. We have a UNIX server on our network and an Exchange 2003 server. Ideally we would like to have the Exchange server send an email to a group of users when a new file gets added to a shared folder on the UNIX box. The UNIX box is running VisionFS and we can see the shared folder in our Windows environment. Ideally I would like to have the Exchange server send a message without having to dedicate a PC running Outlook and a plug-in to the task but will do so if necessary. Any thoughts would be appreciated... Script it, schedule it to run on any member server (good i...

Outlook and IMAP
I am quite disappointed with the implimentation of IMAP for Outlook. It seems there are many features available with Imap that are available in other email clients, such as Firebird and even Microsoft's OE... Is there anything in the works to put together more robust support for IMAP in Outlook? Or am I missing how to do all this in OL 2003? Thanks. Derek IMAP is lacking in Outlook. The upcoming SP promises some improvements, mostly in speed, I don't think I've seen anyone mention new features - we need to wait for the next version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Outlook 2002 and tasks
I have a friend using Outlook 2002 (I know, it's old, but upgrading isn't in her future right now). She wants to import some tasks from an .ics file. Importing calendar events works just fine. She was able to export the tasks from the Essential PIM into an ical file. But when she tries to import the tasts into Outlook 2002, nothing happens. Should I post the .ical file somewhere so perhaps someone can help? She's downloaded Office 2002 Service Pack 3. She's on a WinXP system. Thanks. ...