How to delete Outlook 2000 imported contacts

Please help.

I accidentally use Outlook 2000 export and import tools import contacts
into my Outlook 2000 contacts. Are there any ways to delete all imported
contacts? Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Amon

0
amon.co (8)

Hi Amon,

There is no way to automatically delete all of your duplicate contacts at once, but if you change your view in Outlook to "Phone List," you can then sort all of your contacts by the last modified date, and
all of the imported contacts will be together.  You can then select all of these contacts and delete them at one time.

Regards,

Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA
Partner Technical Lead - Outlook
Microsoft Technical Support
for Platforms and Business Applications
--------------------
>Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 13:40:51 +0800
>From: Amon Co <amon.co@hongkong.com>
>Subject: How to delete Outlook 2000 imported contacts
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook
>
>Please help.
>
>I accidentally use Outlook 2000 export and import tools import contacts
>into my Outlook 2000 contacts. Are there any ways to delete all imported
>contacts? Thanks a lot.
>
>Regards,
>Amon

0
scatki (156)

How to Recover Deleted Sent Mail?

Outlook Shutdown Addin
There are several messages about problems with Outlook exiting in this forum. So, try Outlook Shutdown Addin: http://www.daveswebsite.com/software/olshutdown/default.shtml -- Virtually yours, Alisher H. Abdurahmanov ...

Need Assist with Macro
I want to import manual PM checks. Since IM v10 no longer has a direct-to-table adapter (thanks, MS :)), I would like create a mail merge macro for the task. I am having trouble with the Apply Payables Document window and the "need" to specify the line number (i.e. MoveTo line 2, TypeTo line 2, etc.). Anyone know how to get around having to specify the line number? This is the test macro I have thus far which works with TWO. Thanks in advance. # DEXVERSION=10.0.320.0 2 2 CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form 'PM_Manual_Payments' window 'PM_Manual...

Outbox difficulty with Office Outlook
In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from several of my email addresses - this works, so I can check the 'sender' before transmission. I have a 'from' column in Office Outlook for ALL boxes which also shows the sender email address but in the Outbox the sender column is blank. WHY? "eric" <eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA80F5B-B65B-445B-A299-F3BD55404B11@microsoft.com... > In Express outbox I have a 'from' column indicating the sender from > several > of my email addresses - thi...

Cannot delete subreport

add news reader to Outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to add the newsreader button to the go menu in outlook 2003. Thanking you in advance David It's a known issue in Outlook 2003 where the News command disappears if Outlook is chosen as the default newsreader. Try the following -- it seems to work for many: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No bu...

Unable to automatic close Outlook
After installing CRM Outlook client on laptop it isn't possible to close pc. This funtionality closes all open programs and shut down computer. After CRM is installed Outlook needs to be closed manual. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micro...

problem with outlook 2003
Hello all. im having a strange problem with outlook 2003. almost everytime i send email, or forwared them to people in my contacts list they get the mail empty. either the subject of the email is gone from the mail, and then when people try to open this email the computer gets stuck (it happend in different pcs with different versions of office on them from 2000 up to office 2003). the other problem is when the email reaches the people im mailing them (and the subject is not removed from it), then the email is recieved empty. all my attachments are gone from the email. its dosent matter...

Rule for Deleted Items

I can receive but cannot send messages using outlook 2003
Task 'POP3.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' "UJ" <UJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88595AE2-844E-4B15-ACE4-C283F972DBB6@microsoft.com... > > Task 'POP3.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed > out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to > re...

Excel 2000 Program not launching
I have been using this Excel Version (Excel 2000 SP-1) for a couple of years now. All of a sudden while opening a file, Excel did not launch at all. I repaired, reinstalled, uninstalled and reinstalled again Office 2000. All the other Microsoft Office program (e.g. Access, Word, Power Point are fine). I am using Windows 98 OS. Help. THanks. Ligaya Any error messages? -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL 97/00/02/03 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ...

Outlook client buttons do not work
I have installed the Outlook client and the folder show up, the data displays, but the buttons on the Outlook toolbar (e.g. Track in CRM) do not do anything. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not sure I know where to look to try and find the resolution to this problem. Saira Saira, Try adding your crm site to the Intranet Trusted Sites in IE's Internet Options settings. Tools> Internet Options...> Internet Security> Local Intranet icon> Sites...> Advanced... Good luck, -Christian Hey i was having same problem in different way .Track in CRM was not ther...

outlook folders #4
I recently upgraded to outlook 2002 from 2000. I had a non standard folder underneath the Outlook Today tree with all my saved emails. After the upgrade it was missing. Can anyone help me find the folder? did you create a new pst to use? if so, search your drive for the old one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "dave in trouble" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Outlook won't check 2nd email address #2
I have two email accounts set up in Outlook '02 SP3 (10.2627.6626). When sending/receiving only the default account is being checked. Send/Receive group is configured as follows. Beneath "Group Name" it says "All Accounts. Beneath "Send/Receive when" it says "Online and Offline." "Include this group in send/receive" is checked. I guess this is default as I have never configured this manually. I have tried deleteing the account and re-entering it. After re-entering, Outlook will "Test Account Settings" okay. A message is sent t...

Template connect to outlook 2007
Hi, I downloaded the template called "IT Team Workspace" from mircosoft website. Everything is working well. But I have a problem to connect the "Tasks" to MS outlook. In the default sharepoint page, i can choose "connect to outlook" at action tag. But i cannot find it at "IT Team Workspace" template. Can anyone tell me how i can do it on ""IT Team Workspace" template? Thank you. Budd By the way, i am using Sharepoint 3.0 and outlook 2007 "Budd" wrote: > Hi, > > I downloaded the template ...

Outlook and IMAP
I am quite disappointed with the implimentation of IMAP for Outlook. It seems there are many features available with Imap that are available in other email clients, such as Firebird and even Microsoft's OE... Is there anything in the works to put together more robust support for IMAP in Outlook? Or am I missing how to do all this in OL 2003? Thanks. Derek IMAP is lacking in Outlook. The upcoming SP promises some improvements, mostly in speed, I don't think I've seen anyone mention new features - we need to wait for the next version. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] A...

Making changes to customizations.xml and re-importing
On one of my first installations, using the wizard, I made the mistake of renaming accounts to vendors. Using customization, I went into the account entity and changed every reference to vendor to account that I could. But in some of the public views, like when I click account using Internet Explorer the first column says vendor name. If I export customizations and open the customizations.xml in FrontPage I can find all the references to vendor name. [We have a graphic design department, so we are a little familiar with XML, but the inpact of changes on MS CRM 3.0. They feel it is s...

contacts list for Outlook 2007
I am trying to get Outlook 2007 to use my Contacts list as an address book. When I right click on properties, and go to the Outlook address book tab. The box for "Show this folder for an email address book is not checked. The item is greyed and will not allow me to check the box. I have multiple folders and all have the same problem. This is a new install of Office 2007 ultimate. How do I increase Office functionality to allow me to change this setting. I have already tried to uninstall and reinstall and using the repair function, neither option works. -- Eddy Jr ...

Delete macros

Outlook 2002 and tasks
I have a friend using Outlook 2002 (I know, it's old, but upgrading isn't in her future right now). She wants to import some tasks from an .ics file. Importing calendar events works just fine. She was able to export the tasks from the Essential PIM into an ical file. But when she tries to import the tasts into Outlook 2002, nothing happens. Should I post the .ical file somewhere so perhaps someone can help? She's downloaded Office 2002 Service Pack 3. She's on a WinXP system. Thanks. ...

Outlook Live #8
I'm already an MSN Premium account user and this morning, reading a bit about one of the special offers--discounted Outlook Live--I decided to give it a try and, after having my credit card billed of course, began the download/installation procedure. The second or third page gave me the option of "typical" or "custom" installation with typical being selected by default. I noticed the "install now" box wasn't highlighted or bolded--I mean it wasn't possible to click it and have anything happen--so I thought, perhaps I should select "cust...