How to Configure Outlook to Use Different Account for Outgoing?

3. Sign Up Now for Wellness Evaluations

Monday, December 1, is the deadline to sign up for Fourth-Quarter
Wellness Evaluations. Employees, spouses, temporary employees, and
retirees whose birth month is October, November, or December may sign
up now. If you missed your Wellness Evaluation during your birth
month, you can also schedule your Wellness Evaluation now. Wellness
Evaluations will be held from 7 a.m. to 11 a.m., Wednesday, December
3, and Thursday, December 4, in the Cafeteria. Please pick up your
sign-up instruction sheet and ColoCare packets in advance at the
Medical Clinic. You will be signing up online. If you do not have
access to a computer, the Library has three computers for your use
that are located in a private area. If you need further assistance,
please call Health By Design at (210) 492-8922 between 8 a.m. and 5
p.m.
Monday through Thursday and between 8 a.m. and noon Fridays.
0
loadhawg (3)

More specifically...

How to Configure Outlook to Use Different Account for Outgoing?

I have MS Outlook 2003 SP3 Professional Edition. I have 3 accounts &
offline folders:

1) MS Exchange
2) IMAP1
3) IMAP2
4) my offline folder(s)

I receive emails on 1, 2 and 3 above. I have some filters which move
certain emails to my offline folders. I also use the MS Exchange
account for my calendar and for sharing the calendar with others.

ALL emails no matter what I do try always go to the outbox folder
under MSExchange.

I cannot find a way to get outgoing emails to use the outbox on IMAP1
and leave via that server... They do actually go through the IMAP1
outgoing server BUT they also appear to land in the MS Exchange 'sent'
folder.

Currently IMAP1 is the "default" and at the top of the send/receive
group list. I have also clicked on the drop down 'accounts' box in the
email window prior to sending and selected IMAP1. But regardless he
email always goes to the Exchange outbox and presumably gets send out
on that server.

Q: How can I configure Outlook to send emails specifically via IMAP1
(including it's outbox and sent folders) and NOT via the MS Exchange
server in any way?

thanks
0
loadhawg (3)
11/4/2008 7:42:32 PM
In Outlook 2003, IMAP sent messages are stored in the default sent folder.
You'll need to change the save sent messages option - see
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2008/20080522.htm.  Set up rules to put
mail to each account in the proper sent folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

"loadhawg" <loadhawg@gmail.com> wrote in message
> More specifically...
>
> How to Configure Outlook to Use Different Account for Outgoing?
>
> I have MS Outlook 2003 SP3 Professional Edition. I have 3 accounts &
> offline folders:
>
> 1) MS Exchange
> 2) IMAP1
> 3) IMAP2
> 4) my offline folder(s)
>

> I receive emails on 1, 2 and 3 above. I have some filters which move
> certain emails to my offline folders. I also use the MS Exchange
> account for my calendar and for sharing the calendar with others.
>
> ALL emails no matter what I do try always go to the outbox folder
> under MSExchange.
>
> I cannot find a way to get outgoing emails to use the outbox on IMAP1
> and leave via that server... They do actually go through the IMAP1
> outgoing server BUT they also appear to land in the MS Exchange 'sent'
> folder.
>
> Currently IMAP1 is the "default" and at the top of the send/receive
> group list. I have also clicked on the drop down 'accounts' box in the
> email window prior to sending and selected IMAP1. But regardless he
> email always goes to the Exchange outbox and presumably gets send out
> on that server.
>
> Q: How can I configure Outlook to send emails specifically via IMAP1
> (including it's outbox and sent folders) and NOT via the MS Exchange
> server in any way?
>
> thanks

0
outlookmvp (5838)
11/4/2008 9:55:04 PM
"loadhawg" <loadhawg@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I cannot find a way to get outgoing emails to use the outbox on IMAP1
> and leave via that server... They do actually go through the IMAP1
> outgoing server BUT they also appear to land in the MS Exchange 'sent'
> folder.

IMAP accounts have no Outbox in their folder sets.  The delivery location
Outbox will always be used.

> Currently IMAP1 is the "default" and at the top of the send/receive
> group list. I have also clicked on the drop down 'accounts' box in the
> email window prior to sending and selected IMAP1. But regardless he
> email always goes to the Exchange outbox and presumably gets send out
> on that server.

Default account, maybe, but not the delivery location.  IMAP folders can
never be the delivery location.

> Q: How can I configure Outlook to send emails specifically via IMAP1
> (including it's outbox and sent folders) and NOT via the MS Exchange
> server in any way?

You can't.  With Outlook 2007, however, you can specify account-specific
Inbox and Sent Items folders so you don't have to use a rule as described by
the article Diane cites.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/5/2008 1:12:10 PM
Thanks for the response.

I tried the suggestions exactly as stated in the link but it didn't
work as the tip suggests they would after turning off save sent
messages. However I can add rules as you stated below and move items
to the 'correct' sent folder. That may solve part of the issue or
perhaps be a workaround.

Question part 2:
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
Q: Is there any way I can configure Outlook 2003 to USE the actual
outgoing server of IMAP1 rather than Exchange for sending  the item in
the first place? I have a perfectly good valid outgoing server
configured and ready to go but no matter what I do - as soon as I hit
send button the item ends up in the OUTBOX for Exchange.

Q: Would upgrading to Outlook 07 allow me to use multiple outgoing
servers (& outboxes)? Or select which account (outbox) the items leave
on? Or does Outlook still seem to be 'hardwired' to force all outgoing
email items thru the exchange outbox?

Thanks!

On Nov 4, 3:55=A0pm, "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlook...@msn.com> wrote:
> In Outlook 2003, IMAP sent messages are stored in the default sent folder=
..
> You'll need to change the save sent messages option - seehttp://www.outlo=
ok-tips.net/archives/2008/20080522.htm. =A0Set up rules to put
> mail to each account in the proper sent folder.

0
loadhawg (3)

OUTLOOK PROBLEMS #13
When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Paris Underwood wrote: > When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder > and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very > small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Have you tried dragging the window to the correct size? (Do NOT use the "maximise" function....) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co....

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

Using wide and regular format monitors
Hello All My job just gave me new Lenovo T400 laptop running XP. (No Windows 7 yet for us) It has a 14 inch wide format screen. I'm attaching the computer to a traditional 20 inch screen. The wide display on the laptop 1280 x 800 is squished and off the screen on the traditional montior. When I open display properties, it shows both montiors as Monitor 1. I'd like to have the traditional monitor work property without having to resize the display resolution every time I connect to it. (I do NOT want to use one monitor as an extension of my desktop). Is there a way ...

outlook calendar catagory question
I'm wondering if it is a local only or if it can be a networked feature. Here is the issue on my pc I run outlook 2007. I use the catagory feature in the calendar to have certain color /catagories for the various project/jobs with the name of the projects attached to a certain color. It works fine on my pc but when I go to another pc it just shows the default catagories without my names. Is it possible to have what I setup on my machine to be available on all the other networked pc's. I'm running on a sbs 2003 network with 10 users, and we do use exchange. -- Th...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

How do I open the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2000?
Hi! I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. Please advise and thanks! Dianne C. Dianne C. wrote: > I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up > filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have > landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000. That version has no inbuilt spam filter. You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and then spec...

How Use Option Group Im MS Access
Help me It's easy you have an: - option Group (which is a frame that goes around the option buttons) each option button has a different value (example: 1,2,3) The option group gets the value of whichever option button is selected. So the option group is the main control that you use (bind it to a table value etc...) With options only ONE option button can be selected at a time. If you want multiple values you use checkboxes instead. HTH, Mark Andrews RPT Software http://www.rptsoftware.com "Karkala" <Karkala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

One contact with multiple parent accounts
I have a scenario where the contact holds positions wth two accounts and is my primary lead for both of them. Any comments/ideas? Contacts can be Primary Contact of multiple Accounts but not have more than one Parent Account set. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Didg" <Didg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16DACFB9-732B-423B-A404-81C9CB9AC9C9@microsoft.com... > I have a scenario where the contact holds positions wth two accounts and...

Outlook Express message
I am getting the following message on some of my Outlook message. Even if I send myself one picture from my office and I feel it's safe. OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: In these cases, I cannot open the e-mail. Can anyone explain??? Maureen This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of the...

Problem automating outlook
Hi I am using the following code to automate outlook from within MS Access; Dim O As Object O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") The problem is that I am getting the following error on the second line; Automation error The specified module can not be found What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Dim O As Object Set O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Regards Mark Dormer "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eFs9QqIUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using the following code to...

How do I open files from a different version?
I have Publisher 2000 and would like to open files from Publisher 2003. I do not have Norton anti-virus or any script blocking software. Please advise. >-----Original Message----- >I have Publisher 2000 and would like to open files from Publisher 2003. I do >not have Norton anti-virus or any script blocking software. Please advise. >. Norton and script blocking software is a red herring and is irrelavent. Have the person with Publisher 2003, save the files as File type: "Publisher 2000 (*.pub)" MyLabCat wrote: > I have Publisher 2000 and would like to open files...

Outlook 2002 Calendar Printing Problem
When I try to print my calendar I get the following error message: "Unable to save the print settings. Make sure the file C:\Documents and Settings\bng\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\OutlPrnt exists and can be written to." How to I correct this problem? ...

Deleting messages in Outlook
When I try to delete some of the messages in my inbox I get an error and am not allowed to delete it. The error is "The message interface has returned unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Of course if I restart it, nothing changes and I still can't delete the messages. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I am running Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711). Thank you. ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Utilizing the Print Preview without using a printer
How can I use the Print Preview function and make any necessary changes to my worksheet?..I currently do not have a printer installed, but would still like to be able to have access to the Print Preview functions before I actually print my worksheet. Just install *any* print driver that might be resident on your system, and XL will then enable the "PrintPreview" feature, even though no actual printer is present. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ==========================================...

find record using combo box
I want to use combo box to locate a name. After update, the combo box shows the name but the form does not move to the record of combobox. Here is my code: Private Sub cboLook_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[name]= """ & Me.cboLook & """" 'Display the found record in the form. Me.Bookmark = rs.Bookmark frmFlexSubform.SetFocus Set rs = Nothing End Sub You have a field named Name? Access ...

Redirect an account
Hi I have a user who uses exchange only for the calendar so I need to make all the mail that gets to that account go to another address The first thing I tryed was to create a contact just like the other users I have in the same case However with this partiular user the contact does not work I have checked the email adresses he has and ht has an smtp address that does not exist He has a contact and the contact has the correct address does not seem to work because exchange keeps "intercepting" the mail I have tried this configuration may times and has always worked except with t...

Import to Outlook from Incredimail
Hi there, Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & addresses in one spot? In article <030901c3c4a2$a5e043f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Hi there, | |Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the |background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back |to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail |messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & add...

Outlook Web interface by Exchange 2003
i have dispatched a policy to force "read receipt" on Outlook machines. However some users will only use Web interface of Outlook for easy setup due to mobile seats. It seems i cannot force "read reciept" on web version. Can i do it or any setting on Exchange 2003 server? thanks a lot. tony In news:OhyzpsxZFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Tony WONG <x34@hknet.com> typed: > i have dispatched a policy to force "read receipt" on Outlook > machines. > However some users will only use Web interface of Outlook for easy > setup due to mobile se...

outlook exam
what is the cualifications For what? fernando wrote: > what is the cualifications Being able to spell is one of them!!!! >-----Original Message----- >For what? > >fernando wrote: >> what is the cualifications > > >. > Let's not be mean. I think we knew that the OP meant qualifications and is used to writing in Spanish or Portuguese.... Nunyabidness wrote: > Being able to spell is one of them!!!! >> -----Original Message----- >> For what? >> >> fernando wrote: >>> what is the cualifications >> >> >&...

Outlook...
Hej! Varför får jag detta meddelande när jag skickar e-post från min nya dator med helt nya program? "Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH"...??? Doc;111540 Wrote: > Hej! > > Varför får jag detta meddelande när jag skickar e-post från min nya > dator > med helt nya program? "Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP > AUTH"...??? You need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Your ISP will tell you how. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slips...

using form to add new record
I want to use a form to add record to table 'Instructor'. controls on the form are: Name (text) EN (integer, primary key in Instructor table) FT_Fall (single) PT_Fall (single) FT_Spring (single) PT_Spring (single) Adjust (single) When user click 'Add It' button, additional field not shown on the form: SetupID = 1 WS = 0 Manually_Added = YES 1 record (all above 10 fields) will be added to Instructor table without violating primary key. Should I use Instructor table as unline source for the form? If so, records always shows. Also, what should the 'Add It' butto...

Outlook rules error
We have a user that when she opens Outlook she receives an error meesage saying - Server-Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I have removed all rules from her Outlook client but the error still appears when she opens outlook Exchange 2003 Outlook XP ...

Problems migrating accounts between domains
Dear all, I'm trying to migrate mailboxes from an Exchange 2000 server to an Exchange 2003 server using the Exchange Server Migration Wizard. The machines are both domain controllers for different domains, but on the same network. There is a two-way trust established between the domains which I have verified. I've got to the stage where you select the mailboxes you wish to transfer, but the list is empty. I think I must be logged in properly because if I enter a false username/password I don't get to this stage. There are definitely accounts on the other machine as this is o...