How to Configure Outlook CW Mailbox and server by GPO

Hello All,

I am having a little problem.

I am running a Windows 2003 Server with Terminal Services in Application
Mode.
On this server, we installed Office 2003.
We configured for all TS users the SAME mandatory profile.
Since we do NOT want users to change any settings.

But, all users log-in with there own credentials.
And they have their own mailbox on our Exchange Server.

I found out that i can change a lot of things in Group Policy Object-editor
for Office and Outlook. But i can't find how to change the Exchange Server
and/or mailbox name for my users in GPO.

Is it possible to change only the Exchange Server and/or Mailbox by GPO ,
Register or Scripting?

Thanx a lot

Martijn Groenleer
Sys-Admin Groenleer Nederland

0
MG

GPO is the wrong tool. Instead you can use the Custom Maintenance Wizard in
the Office Resource Kit to create an Outlook profile and either deploy with
a CMW .cmw file or export the .prf and deploy that as part of each user's
login. The Exchange server name is part of the settings in the .prf. You can
use %username% to pull the user's mailbox/login name from that environment
variable. The ORK has full details.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"MG" <martijn @ groenleer.nl> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I am having a little problem.
>
> I am running a Windows 2003 Server with Terminal Services in Application
> Mode.
> On this server, we installed Office 2003.
> We configured for all TS users the SAME mandatory profile.
> Since we do NOT want users to change any settings.
>
> But, all users log-in with there own credentials.
> And they have their own mailbox on our Exchange Server.
>
> I found out that i can change a lot of things in Group Policy
> Object-editor
> for Office and Outlook. But i can't find how to change the Exchange Server
> and/or mailbox name for my users in GPO.
>
> Is it possible to change only the Exchange Server and/or Mailbox by GPO ,
> Register or Scripting?
>
> Thanx a lot
>
> Martijn Groenleer
> Sys-Admin Groenleer Nederland

0
suemvp (4038)

micr configurable stubs
Hi All, Has anyone had to configure checks for GP using configurable stubs for MICR? Are there any tricks to making the process easier or an alternative program to use. Th eprocess so far is painfull as only one item can be selected at a time and each time I add an item it starts in upper left hand corner above other items. Thanks in advance for any insight Lorne Are you using Mekorma? I've used it to configure checks and found it relatively easy to use. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2t...

OUTLOOK PROBLEMS #13
When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Paris Underwood wrote: > When I have outlook opened I right click on my calendar or another folder > and choose the option to "Open in a new window" the window pops up very > small. Need Help!!!!!!!! Have you tried dragging the window to the correct size? (Do NOT use the "maximise" function....) -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co....

outlook calendar catagory question
I'm wondering if it is a local only or if it can be a networked feature. Here is the issue on my pc I run outlook 2007. I use the catagory feature in the calendar to have certain color /catagories for the various project/jobs with the name of the projects attached to a certain color. It works fine on my pc but when I go to another pc it just shows the default catagories without my names. Is it possible to have what I setup on my machine to be available on all the other networked pc's. I'm running on a sbs 2003 network with 10 users, and we do use exchange. -- Th...

No Fix as yet to password problem in outlook 2003
I have posted this same problem at least a dozen times and nobody has come up with a fix as yet. Other people are contacting me and saying that they are experiencing the same problem and are asking me what to do. Now, as you know, I have followed the KB article to the letter and still have had no joy, so what do I do? Please just tell me if a full uninstall/reinstall of office would reset everything or is it more complicated? I am very sorry for keeping on about this problem but whenever I open my outlook profile, a box pops up asking if I want my username and password to be saved (befo...

CRM 4.0 Outlook Client Install/Configuration
I cannot get the Outlook client to configure for any users. The intranet address and internet address are not found. Connectivity has been verified between workstations and crm server. Web clients work ok - thoush some functionality related to custom entities is not behaving properly (lookups not functioning, etc.) Addtionally, CRM is not sending or tracking emails at all. The CRM setup is as follows: Upgraded from 3.0 Win 2K3 Server (fully updated) with SQL 2005 SP2, Reporting Services SP2 Exchange 2003 Server (fully updated) - Email router will not configure. Any suggestions would b...

How do I open the Junk Mail folder in Outlook 2000?
Hi! I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. Please advise and thanks! Dianne C. Dianne C. wrote: > I can't find a Junk Mail folder to open? All info talks about setting up > filters. I am missing messages and would like to see if they have > landed in Junk(SPAM) Mail. There is no Junk folder created by Outlook 2000. That version has no inbuilt spam filter. You'll have to create one if you want to use it, and then spec...

Outlook Express message
I am getting the following message on some of my Outlook message. Even if I send myself one picture from my office and I feel it's safe. OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail: In these cases, I cannot open the e-mail. Can anyone explain??? Maureen This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of the...

Problem automating outlook
Hi I am using the following code to automate outlook from within MS Access; Dim O As Object O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") The problem is that I am getting the following error on the second line; Automation error The specified module can not be found What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Dim O As Object Set O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Regards Mark Dormer "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eFs9QqIUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using the following code to...

Unable to connect to quotes server
Over the last few weeks, more and more often the update prices option in my portfolio fails as "unable to connect to quotes server". Now it always fails. I've run msmoney -s as a clean up measure. I've attempted to download the latest Money ActiveX controls (as instructed in a forum) but that always fails part way through (typically between 80 and 90%)and claims "Internet connection lost" - which it isn't. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Michael Long wrote: >Over the last few weeks, more and more often the update >prices option in ...

Outlook 2002 Calendar Printing Problem
When I try to print my calendar I get the following error message: "Unable to save the print settings. Make sure the file C:\Documents and Settings\bng\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\OutlPrnt exists and can be written to." How to I correct this problem? ...

Deleting messages in Outlook
When I try to delete some of the messages in my inbox I get an error and am not allowed to delete it. The error is "The message interface has returned unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." Of course if I restart it, nothing changes and I still can't delete the messages. Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I am running Microsoft Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711). Thank you. ...

Configuration
Hello, I just installed Office 7 Home and Student and every time I open Word it says that it has to Configure the program. It doesn't do that with the other programs and it is getting tiresome because it takes a few minutes. Has anyone else had this problem or have some suggestions? Thanks! Jenn ...

Import to Outlook from Incredimail
Hi there, Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & addresses in one spot? In article <030901c3c4a2$a5e043f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |Hi there, | |Gave Incredimail a try for a few months, really liked the |background letters etc. However, now am ready to go back |to Outlook again. How can I import my incredimail |messages into Outlook so I have all my mail & add...

Outlook Web interface by Exchange 2003
i have dispatched a policy to force "read receipt" on Outlook machines. However some users will only use Web interface of Outlook for easy setup due to mobile seats. It seems i cannot force "read reciept" on web version. Can i do it or any setting on Exchange 2003 server? thanks a lot. tony In news:OhyzpsxZFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Tony WONG <x34@hknet.com> typed: > i have dispatched a policy to force "read receipt" on Outlook > machines. > However some users will only use Web interface of Outlook for easy > setup due to mobile se...

outlook exam
what is the cualifications For what? fernando wrote: > what is the cualifications Being able to spell is one of them!!!! >-----Original Message----- >For what? > >fernando wrote: >> what is the cualifications > > >. > Let's not be mean. I think we knew that the OP meant qualifications and is used to writing in Spanish or Portuguese.... Nunyabidness wrote: > Being able to spell is one of them!!!! >> -----Original Message----- >> For what? >> >> fernando wrote: >>> what is the cualifications >> >> >&...

Outlook...
Hej! Varför får jag detta meddelande när jag skickar e-post från min nya dator med helt nya program? "Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP AUTH"...??? Doc;111540 Wrote: > Hej! > > Varför får jag detta meddelande när jag skickar e-post från min nya > dator > med helt nya program? "Relaying not allowed - please use SMTP > AUTH"...??? You need to authenticate to your outgoing server. Your ISP will tell you how. -- Brian Tillman Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- http://forums.slips...

Outlook rules error
We have a user that when she opens Outlook she receives an error meesage saying - Server-Requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. I have removed all rules from her Outlook client but the error still appears when she opens outlook Exchange 2003 Outlook XP ...

How to Get Full Headers From outlook 2003 #2
I need help getting full header in source ...

Outlook Calendar and Access
I've searched thru this forum and can't find exactly the issue I need to resolve. I have developed a calendar in AC2003. I have developed a process to export the calendar entry from access to the outlook calendar which works great. My user is now requesting the ability to view (or thru VBA) the entries in the Outlook calendar from within access? Unfortunately my database has no way to know if an entry in the access database already exists in the Outlook calendar. Is there a way to determine that? Thanks for your time. PeterM wrote: >I've searched thru this...

copy all incoming and outgoing mail to alternate mailbox?
I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail sent to and from that user without their knowledge. How can this be done? I am using W2003 AD / Exchange 2003. Take a look at SelectiveJournaling application at www.ivasoft.biz - it could help. -- Regards, Victor Ivanidze, software developer www.ivasoft.biz "Jim Rodgers" <jim.rodgers@bataviatrans.com> wrote: news:17c6f01c44962$0ce121c0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have been tasked with finding a way to monitor some user > (s) so that we can keep a copy of all mail se...

Outlook Icon
Performed an administrative installation of Office 2003 on my server. When I install Office on a user's workstation the Outlook icon is no longer placed on the desktop (it was in Office 2000 and Office XP). Is there a way to reenable this feature? Thank you. Brian Elkins > When I install Office on a user's workstation the Outlook > icon is no longer placed on the desktop (it was in Office > 2000 and Office XP). > > Is there a way to reenable this feature? > > Thank you. Add this Reg Key. Watch the wrapping... [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...

Setting up outlook #9
I am using the outlook 2007 wizard to set up. I enter my email account along w/ password. Then I get a network password verification. It has my email address and then I re enter my password but the window continues to stay open. What am I doing wrong... I was having this problem w/ outlook 2003 I got discourage and never set it up for my home. -- Thank Use the manual configuration. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Annette asked: |...

Outlook and Outlook express #4
I have a problem that could be solved in one of two ways. I have just gotten a new computer, and switched my mail from Netscape to Outlook Express, which came with this computer (PC). I set up several subfolders in my inbox, which I always do. I have now discovered that OUtlook Express has gone security crazy, and is blocking perfectly normal attachments, like simple ms-word documents. I can't live with this. The first solution would be to turn off the block; if anyone can help me with that I'd be very appreciative. I checked the on-line documentation, though, a...

Outlook 2000 not opening.

Help
I just started a 3 week trip and need to run Money to track spending while I'm away. However, when I start Money, it is trying to install something, and wants the Money CD, which is back at home. Yes, I know I should have tried this before I left, but the laptop with Money hasn't changed - its just out of its docking station. I thought I'd ask on the small chance that someone might have a clue on what might cause this and/or how to get around it. I can't think of any reason for something to be installed, but there must be something. Thanks TM What file(s) is it asking for...