How to check settings for Outlook 97

My Outlook is not working. The error message
states, "Mapisp32 has caused an error in MINET32.DLL.
Mapisp32 will now close."

Secondly, whenever I attempt to check for "new mail" I get
another error message, "messaging interface has returned
to an error."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
aistone (1)

First thing to try would be to create a fresh profile here: Control Panel >
Mail applet.

Also, have you ever installed the Internet Mail Enhancement Patch for OL97?

"Alex O. Stone" <aistone@comcast.net> wrote in message
> My Outlook is not working. The error message
> states, "Mapisp32 has caused an error in MINET32.DLL.
> Mapisp32 will now close."
>
> Secondly, whenever I attempt to check for "new mail" I get
> another error message, "messaging interface has returned
> to an error."

vince8328 (2732)

Problems with Outlook 2002 after downgrade
I had Office 2000 installed without Outlook. I installed a copy of Outlook 2003. I then un-installed Outlook 2003, and upgraded Office 2000 to Office 2002 to include Outlook 2002. I have three pop accounts set up. After doing this, I cannot use the "Send and Receive" button, I just get a message which says "The Operation failed" and nothing else. If I go to Tools-Send and Receive and choose any of the options there, they all work, i.e. I can get mail for all accounts or each account individually. Also the only option under Tools-Send and Receive settings that works is "...

merge MSN Bill Pay & Checking Acct

Launching outlook #2
why do I get a message box "Microsoft LDAP Directory" when I launch Outlook 2003? Email is a pop3 account. I can cancel out of it fine, but I would prefer that it not come up at all. Please tell me how to "disable" it. Remove the LDAP service from your profile; Tools-> E-mail Accounts...-> View or change existing directories or address books -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Laura" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

"update ta set ta.ra=1 from tablename ta" how can pass in Access
is it can be pass in the Access? how to change? thanks! update ta set col = t.col from ta,(select id,max(col) col from tb group by id) t where ta.id = t.id UPDATE ta SET col = DMAX("col" , "tb", "id=" & id ) or (untested) UPDATE ta INNER JOIN tb ON ta.id=tb.id SET ta.col = tb.col WHERE tb.col = ( SELECT MAX(col) FROM tb AS c WHERE c.id = ta.id ) A Jet query implying an aggregate (elsewhere than in a sub-query in the WHERE clause) is NOT upd...

Authorizing checks with RMS

Outlook (and Excel) stops working after MSXML installation
I installed MSXML 4.0 as per the "critical updates" message on my W98 today. After re-boot, when I try to open Outlook I get message "Unable to open your defauilt mail folder - the information store could not be opened" and then "Would you like to open your default file system folder instead?" - this is no good and I can't find anything. I can't open Excel either, I get messages about Visual Basic and when I close it, I get message "This process will stop the debugger". I now have a shortcut on my desktop "Microsoft MXL 4.0 parser&...

How do I create Check list

Outlook would not open...
I am running Outlook 2002. As soon as It opens , I get a message: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Runtime Error! c:\program files\microsoft office\office10\outlook.exe When I click OK, outlook shuts down. Thanks ...

setting a dedicated place to open an "xls" file
Gentlemen, I do work at the office evey day on spread sheets and save to a disk, which I bring home. Is there any way that I can "lock in" a dedicated point to retrieve my files once I have saved them to "c:\documents & Settings\my documents. When I click "Open and go to "A" drive to get the file from the disk that I took home, my computer "remembers" that this was the last place I opened a file from. And when I am in Excel and want to open a file, the computer looks in "a". Thanks Raymond Tools / Options / General Tab - Default File loc...

Outlook Web Access #41
I am unable to view anything when opening Outlook Web Access. The page is set up as it should be, but i receive the message that there are no items to show in this view. Try posting this in an Exchange group - microsoft.public.exchange.admin is probably a good one. Outlook Web Access is actually a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com an...

Printing Checks

How do I save toolbar setting on new mail?
I am trying to make two toolbars only take up one line instead of two, but when I change it on a new outgoing mail it is not saved. it's caused by an toolbar added by a 3rd party utility. Get rid of the culprit and the toolbars will 'stick'. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchang...

Outlook 2003
I browsed the most recent 20 pages but can't seem to find a reply to my exact problem. I have mail in my Outbox that won't send. I am a broadnand user connecting to my POP 3 account. My connection (Outlook is not working off line) is live and I receive mail OK. My settings are to send/receive manually What I have noticed is that when a new mail is created and I hit send, it places the mail in the Outbox, BUT it has a date of "None" and the Envelope Icon is open, not closed (as if I have not licked and sealed it). I can delete the mail, close and re-open Outlook, w...

Dynamics.SET
GP should have the facility to change the .SET file settings depending on the company a user logged into. In this way different report formats, or forms layouts could be utilised for each company automatically. Currently, this can be done by having different icons pointing to specific dynamics.set and dictionary files. (Logged from case no 8330010) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, f...

Set user permission to have right to create mail-enable account
Dear All, Can I know how can I set the minimum permission to have right to create mail-enable account. I have root AD called test.com, child dc called hk.test.com (installed exchange2003 server), and cn.test.com(only installed ESM) cn.test.com 's mail accoount store in hk.test.com 's exchange server, now I would like to assign permission to cn.test.com some domain user to have minimum permission to create mail enable account in Active directory user and computer snap in. When I create mail-enable account, I have no choice in "maiboxl store" option except root admi...

macs and outlook 2001
We have Macs in our division and recently they upgraded to a new Exchange server software. Outlook works fine UNTIL you change your password.... New company policy has made us change out passwords every 45 days... or more.. no problem but this new exchange has this NTML version 2 authenication... so version 9.0 software is totally useless after we change our password... to make a long story short. we can't upgrade to OS X without spending hundreds of thousands of dollars in updating specialized equipment . Is Microsoft or anbody else making e-mail client program that works with this...

Outlook 2003 RTM/SP1: What happens at midnight and why?
Like something out of "Dark City," at midnight, Outlook changes. If your Inbox is arranged by Groups, Outlook opens every single one of them for you. Why? It still happens in SP1, so it must be intentional. For what purpose? There's apparently a way to keep all the Groups collapsed, but I haven't tried that because I wouldn't want that. I have some open (the newer ones), some closed (the older ones), and I want them to stay that way until I say so. Too bad. ...

Employee Check Format-Graphical

where on Exchange 2000 do you set distribution size limit?
I have a client who wants to create a large distribution list. I know it's a setting on the Exchange server but where? thanks in advance! ...

Check Names = "Exchange Server computer is busy..."
Here's what I got: Active Directory on Server 2003 1 Domain Controller also running DNS and WINS No other DNS or WINS servers (I know, I know) Static IP Addresses...NO DHCP Exchange Server 2003 on a member server Client running W2K SP4 Outlook 2000 SP3 Exchange has 4 mailboxes set, but nobody is using it. I'm still testing things out. When I try to connect to Exchange via my Outlook 2000, I get the following message: "The function cannot be performed because the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is busy. Try again later" I've tried it from 3 different client comp...

Printing MICR checks
Hello, We are having an issue printing checks on the Select Payables Checks window. When we try to print the checks we receive the error message below: "Warning: You have MICR but are not in a MICR screen. To use MICR, abort this screen and set up security access." The user has access to this screen but I'm not sure what this error message means. There was nothing related to this in the Knowledge Base either. Has anyone else received this error message before and if so how did/do you resolve it? Thanks! The user has the third party mekorma check writing module ...

Quick-Access-Toolbar Settings: SAVE on other PC ?
HOW to save my Quick-Access-Toolbar SETTINGS ? Best on a stick, to work with on an other PC? Thanks. If the QAT settings are in your normal.dotm, save it under a new name. Save the file to the Word/Startup folder that is along the user path for your user name on that computer. It will load whenever you start Word. You can save the QAT dotm in other locations, but you will have to load it yourself every time you start Word. Most of the experts here recommend that you _not_ load the add-on template from a "stick". Pam jsyh wrote: >HOW to save my Quick-Access...