How to change return address?

My boss seems to think I'm a whiz on IT (hah!) and wants to change the
address in his Outlook so that his recipients will see
my_boss@my_company.com in their incoming posts.
Now, I don't use Outlook (I'm on my eighth year of Eudora), so I have no
idea of how I might go about this.  This is Outlook not Outlook Express (if
the difference is important). Can anyone help, please?
TIA.

This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions.  So there.
Pull the pins out to reply direct.

Fat Bloke <fatblokeonbike@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote:

> My boss seems to think I'm a whiz on IT (hah!) and wants to change the
> address in his Outlook so that his recipients will see
> my_boss@my_company.com in their incoming posts.
> Now, I don't use Outlook (I'm on my eighth year of Eudora), so I have
> no idea of how I might go about this.  This is Outlook not Outlook
> Express (if the difference is important). Can anyone help, please?

You did not specify what version of Outlook he's using, but for Outlook
2002/2003, click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  Select the account and click
Change.  In the "E-mail Address" field, he can put whatever he wants.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
3/7/2005 6:07:59 PM
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:07:59 -0500, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com>
wrote:

   >Fat Bloke <fatblokeonbike@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote:
   >
   >> My boss seems to think I'm a whiz on IT (hah!) and wants to change the
   >> address in his Outlook so that his recipients will see
   >> my_boss@my_company.com in their incoming posts.
   >> Now, I don't use Outlook (I'm on my eighth year of Eudora), so I have
   >> no idea of how I might go about this.  This is Outlook not Outlook
   >> Express (if the difference is important). Can anyone help, please?
   >
   >You did not specify what version of Outlook he's using, but for Outlook
   >2002/2003, click Tools>E-mail Accounts>Next.  Select the account and click
   >Change.  In the "E-mail Address" field, he can put whatever he wants.
I never thought to ask which version!  (Honestly, I ought not to be allowed
out alone....)
Thank you - and this will defin-ate-ly not alter the arrangement /
connection / password with the company's ISP?

This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions.  So there.
Pull the pins out to reply direct.
Fat Bloke <fatblokeonbike@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote:

> Thank you - and this will defin-ate-ly not alter the arrangement /
> connection / password with the company's ISP?

It could have an effect, yes, but it doesn't cost anything to try it.  In
general, it shouldn't affect the communications with the ISP.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16051)
3/7/2005 8:08:17 PM
On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 15:08:17 -0500, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com>
wrote:

   >Fat Bloke <fatblokeonbike@pinsjohnstone-wheelers.co.uk> wrote:
   >
   >> Thank you - and this will defin-ate-ly not alter the arrangement /
   >> connection / password with the company's ISP?
   >
   >It could have an effect, yes, but it doesn't cost anything to try it.  In
   >general, it shouldn't affect the communications with the ISP.
Thank you again.

This post did not necessarily reflect my opinions.  So there.
Pull the pins out to reply direct.

Adding address to Outlook from Web
I search for phone numbers on the web, like InfoSpace White Pages/Yellow Pages, MSN, etc... and when the name, address and phone number would come up, there would be an icon that read "Add to Outlook", I would click that and it would create a "vcf" file, then I would save to Desktop and then import into Outlook. I can't find that feature anymore. I've tried several phone number look up web pages. Anyone know of a web page that offers the "Add to Outlook"? That makes it handy to add addresses to my contacts folder. Thanks! DAvid ----------------------...

changing the xsi:type

Custom address list and OU members
How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an specific Organization Unit. Jens Erik You'll have to come with another identifier to add to each AD object within the OU. For example, set a common value for dept then base the LDAP filter on that value. Nue "Jens Erik" <Jens Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9F426F8-8BBA-46CF-8BC5-F9C960A07D87@microsoft.com... > How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an > specific > Organization Unit. > > Jens Erik Is'nt there any attribute whi...

How do I change the color for cell selection in excel?
I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, column, or specific group of cells, Excel would highlight the group in a certain color. In Excel 2007, it simply surrounds the selected group of cells with a thick black line. I've tried going into Excel Options under Advanced but couldn't find how to do this. Can you assist me in changing this feature? On Dec 31 2007, 6:52 pm, dminliberty <dminlibe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I just started using Excel 2007. In the older versions when I select a row, > column, or specific grou...

Change cell color if it is the lowest number of a group?
I was wondering how do you change the color of the number in a cell when that number is the lowest number in a group of cells? Thanks in advance. Anthony I used this formula in "Conditional Formatting" in cell B3: =B3=MIN($B$3:$B$6) .... and applied a distinctive cell format. Then I copied cell B3 and pasted it into B4 to B6. Enter a series of numbers into B3 to B6 and the lowest number shows the format you applied. Hi, Use conditional formatting and the MIN formula using these settings Cell Value is: Equal to: and type your formula e.g... =MIN($A$1:$B$10) choose your form...

Select name from drop down and return associated value
Hi I have a spreadsheet where I need to return a value which is an alphanumerical code but the users know only the name. Example: In worksheet A there are details of clients. If the clients participate in a course we are required to record the course code not the name. Column C is where I want the value to appear. What i would like to occur is that the user selects from a drop down list the name of the course but on selection the value returned is the course code. Is this possible? Debbie Are you saying that you want the user to select from a dropdown some course name, but you wan...

Shared folder called address
I have found a shared folder on my root directory called Address. inside it has some sub folders, in the subfolders there are some dll's, the dll's properties say they are from Microsoft and or exchange. I assume that this is some sort of address book publishing but not sure. Is this normal or I this some sort of back door for spam? any ideas? On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 11:48:28 +0800, "Slim" <me@here.com> wrote: >I have found a shared folder on my root directory called Address. inside it >has some sub folders, in the subfolders there are some dll's, the dl...

Mutual Fund Last Update and Day's Change not updating
THIS PRODUCT IS MICROSOFT!!! IT IS BILL GATES!!! How long will the developers allow this problem to go on??? I've used MSN Money's Portfolio for years and just started getting the problem in the past six months. A post from MS says "we are working with our data providers to supply the correct date". Fire the data provider and go back to the one you used for years. I think this is a MS programming error that should be fixed by an entry level programmer in two hours. I'll take that bet. "evy38" <evy38@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

how can I tell which license a RMS register used? and returning the same item more than once ?
I have 4 licenses and due to hardware problems and rebuilt machines I have lost track of which machines used which licenses. How can I determine that? Also how do I move a license? The software doesn't list any numbers to contact MS or even any suggestions on what to do it just keeps asking for a valid license key. I noticed today that it is possible to return the same item more than once. Is there any way to prevent that? Thank you ...

unlimited change tracking #2
I'd like to use change tracking similar to what Word has. I found such a feature in Tools | share workbook, but it limits you to a specified number of days. I want all changes tracked permanently--essentially version control...is that possible? _____ DC G ...

Change Preset Columns
My columns have 1,2,3, etc., how do I change them back to ABC,etc?? Its under Tools, Options, General Tab, uncheck R1C1 reference box. "Bernie" wrote: > My columns have 1,2,3, etc., how do I change them back to ABC,etc?? ...

Select distinct with anonymous type return error when one value is null
Hi, How can i do this query with anonymous types; SELECT DISTINCT IdTable2, Name FROM Table1 WHERE idTable2 != null This query return error if the idTable2 is null: bindingSource1.DataSource=MyDataSet.Table1.Select(c=> new {Id=c.IdTable2, Nome=c.Name }.Distinct(); Any idea? Thanks ...

COUNTIF: drag to change criteria, NOT range
Hello, I'm hoping that there's someone out there that can help with this problem. I'm trying to count values in one column so that I have an amount of each for a distribution. For example: 8 8 8 11 11 11 12 12 12 I'm using COUNTIF because it's the only one that seems to work, but whenever I drag to fill the series Excel doesn't fill in a linear fashion. Instead it repeats the formulas I've already entered. Here's an example of what I enter into the cells: =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$36,8) =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$36,9) =COUNTIF($A$2:$A$36,10) ....and so on. When I highlight...

GP 10 table changes
Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in release 10? Yes, this is widely documented in the Dynamics GP Software Development Kit, which can be found on CD2 of your installation software. Also, you can download updated versions from CustomerSource or PartnerSource. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in > release 10? Hi Mariano, thanks for the quick response! I...

block receipt from specific external address and forward to another user
My company is looking to block all users from receiving emails from a specific email address and then forward those messages to 1 specific address. Is this possible directly from Exchange? If so, how? If not, any 3rd party utils? Thanks On 18 Nov 2005 14:24:08 -0800, "adam" <elcracko@gmail.com> wrote: >My company is looking to block all users from receiving emails from a >specific email address and then forward those messages to 1 specific >address. Is this possible directly from Exchange? If so, how? If not, >any 3rd party utils? > >Thanks Exchange will d...

How do I change a default Message Delivery option?
I have a user who has managed to change his default email option to have "Expires after" turned on by default. I would like it turned off. I've tried turning it off and saving it as a template, but I would like it off in the default case... ...

Outlook Express Address Book Failure
Following uninstallation and reinstallation from Win ME Upgrade CD, all of my email contacts disappeared. No doubt, they must reside somewhere within my PC. Can anone assist in locating the supporting data and direct me toward recovery and reinstatement into my Address Book? Thanks! Allan This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in on...

changing IP of the exchange server
Hi, I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine. Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP address.) My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without affecting the functionality of the server. Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current setup Please advice. Regards Vic On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:01:51 +0400, "Vikrant" <vikrant_nath@hotmail(removethispart).com> wrote: > >Hi, > >I ha...

How do I change the size of the automatic window outlook
Can I change the size of the initial window that outlook opens up into? I do not like it when it takes up the whole screen. "bhanley" <bhanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E723FC0E-546B-4400-A689-0B1289EB0DEB@microsoft.com... > Can I change the size of the initial window that outlook opens up into? I > do > not like it when it takes up the whole screen. Make sure the shortcut you're using to start Outlook isn't specifying that Outlook should open maximized. If it's not, then size it the size you want by dragging the...

Problems importing addresses from Xcel to Word for printing label.
I have created a basic client database in xcel with column 1 being name, coumn 2 begin address, and column 3 being phone number. I want to import the names and address to word to print address labels. I go throught the mail merge process and when I get to the end all the labels on the page just say "Next Record". No info at all from my xcel sheet. See if it helps using these instructions instead http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) &qu...

Returning a range of serial numbers when consecutive, otherwise a range of one.
/* The following problem is an attempt to create a stored procedure that will act as a datasource for a crystal report. The scenario presented is a simplified version of the main problem. Using the example below, we have two customers which received two different items. The items are serialized and are always returned from the customer. Items sent are tracked in one table. Items received are tracked in another table. We need a list of each customer, the item they were sent, and the serial numbers we have not yet received from them. Now finding a list of customers, items, and seri...

Cannot publish the changes made to the Forms in MSCRM
Hi, I just made some changes in the Lead and Oppurtunity forms in MSCRM but when i publish the forms in the Deployment manager, Though it says that it has been published successfully it still doesn't reflect the changes when i open a new Lead or Oppurtunity form...could anybody please help...I have tried this on 2 other MSCRM servers...it works well there..... If anybody could help me with this i'll be really thankful. For performance reasons, the CRM servers cache the XSL files that represent the forms you just published. 9 times out of 10 a simple IISRESET on the Web Server ...

Changing hourly increment in Plan A Meeting/Meeting Request window??
I have a user who, when she goes to Plan a Meeting/Meeting Request window, she sees 3 hour increments (on the timeline to the right of each selected attendee). INcrement go... 12 o'clock (space)3 o'clock(space) 6 o'clock, etc. I cannot recreate it. Changing the normal calendar view does not affect it. I have combed thru every menu and submenu with no luck. any ideas? ...

how to have a method to return an uninitilized variable in c#?
Hi, We have byValue and ByReference in VB and out and ref parameters in C# 1- ref parameter expects an initialized variable 2- out should be initialized before return First Question: How can I have a parameter remain uninitialized after a return (that compiler expects to be initialized even after the invokation of the method)? (compiler designer might need to add a runtime error for reading from an uninitialized variable) Second Question: Somtimes compiler naggs about that not all code paths return a value? how can I assure the compiler it always return a value? Leon_Ami...

MODIFYING DEFAULT ADDRESS BOOK
Hello. I have a number (roughly 2000) of Exchange users that I do not want to show in the Global Address List (temporarily). Rather than go one by one and hide each form the global address list, I wanted to modify, or create a new global address list. The problem is, when I create a new address list with a new filter, my Outlook users still get the default address book. How can I fix this? Thanks for the help. First, a little scripting can probably assist with the Hide from Address Book. Second, you have to change the rights on the Default GAL for who can see it. Now, for Outlook ...